Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    I dont know if anyone else knows this, but the "Stans" are awesome and the best gardeners around. My sim barely had any fame but grew an army of stans tending her ever growing garden and orchard, what a pleasant surprise and something I def didnt know!

at least the stans have some purpose
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    What is or are stans?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    What is or are stans?

An obsessive fan.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    What is or are stans?

An obsessive fan.

Ahh thanks for that. I don't have that ep so explains why I'd not heard of it before.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    Oh I just noticed the fact that the poolside gnome has a global star rating and thought it was the cutest thing because the other gnomes didn't.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Oh, okay. I knew there was a bug, but I thought it was that the leaf piles don't disappear by themselves when autumn is over, not that there isn't even a way to make them disappear. It doesn't really bother me all that much, I just thought I was doing something wrong again.

Burning works. You have to burn them 3 times though, not just once. Once you burn them 3 times, they turn to a pile of ash.
    They just show up again shortly though, so don't waste your time on them until Autumn is ended.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    If a toddler has the independent trait they can use the pottey by themselves at potty skill level 1
  • Options
    CristalBlueRosesCristalBlueRoses Posts: 427 Member
    if you have the robot vacuum.. and a cat.. the cat can ride the roomba! it was so cute!
    Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
    Cube was quite all night. Once again
    Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
    No movement.
    No change in measurements.
    End of entry
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited November 2018
    They are called "stans" because they are stalker fans... I hadn't heard of it before either.
    That being said, I sure hope my sim doesn't get one. :|
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    You can now give a house key to another sim that is friend or higher. :)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Is this only if you have Get Famous or not?
  • Options
    Molly1996Molly1996 Posts: 24 Member
    I love finding out new things about my sims, new quirks. The memory thing I didn't know before and thats one thing I wish Sims 4 had was an ability to look back on memory more easily that was one of my favorite aspects.
  • Options
    SkyrueSkyrue Posts: 2 New Member
    My (vampire) sim, who I've never bound to a voodoo doll and have barely played an hour with, just now suddenly got the Voodoo: Dazed moodlet. Ive placed a lot of households I created in the save, but none of them should have a doll since I only placed the versions as the came straight out of cas. How and who voodood me?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2018
    Skyrue wrote: »
    My (vampire) sim, who I've never bound to a voodoo doll and have barely played an hour with, just now suddenly got the Voodoo: Dazed moodlet. Ive placed a lot of households I created in the save, but none of them should have a doll since I only placed the versions as the came straight out of cas. How and who voodood me?

The Cursed lot trait uses Voodoo Doll moodlets.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Sims can get angry when their children get into a fight! They'll get a moodlet called "fighting child".
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Is this only if you have Get Famous or not?

I'm honestly not sure about that. I believe it's Get Famous exclusive, but could be wrong.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Learned today that even with Seasons installed, there are actually times when it doesn't rain in Willow Creek. Who would have thought? :o
  • Options
    WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    I have a global superstar sims, he went to the Selvadora market thinking he is so far away from those annoying fans and paparazzi, well he's wrong!
  • Options
    mayonaisejar44mayonaisejar44 Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="crazycat_135;c-16849113"][quote="calaprfy;c-16847241"][quote="crazycat_135;c-16847137"]You can now give a house key to another sim that is friend or higher. :) [/quote]

Is this only if you have Get Famous or not?[/quote]

I'm honestly not sure about that. I believe it's Get Famous exclusive, but could be wrong. [/quote]

It comes with City Living if you live in an apartment and you're good friends with someone. Maybe it comes with GF too? Im not sure because I dont have it
  • Options
    mayonaisejar44mayonaisejar44 Posts: 20 Member
    (Comes with Parenthood GP) Teens who get the "Stop Looking at Me!" Moodlet (from having a mood swing) drag their feet when they walk. They also become mortified (Embarrassed +50) and last I checked you can die if you stay like that for too long... Yikes.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited November 2018
    I learned that if your Sim does volunteer work, their good reputation will grow :smile: That was a nice surprise!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    NotSoLucky wrote: »
    They are called "stans" because they are stalker fans... I hadn't heard of it before either.

I thought a 'Stan' was a reference to the Eminem song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    NotSoLucky wrote: »

I thought a 'Stan' was a reference to the Eminem song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY

I'm pretty sure it is. When looked up on urban dictionary one of the many definitions talks about this reference.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @ParmaViolet87 Moira's in your signature! She's one of my favorite pre-mades!
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    jsn329.jpg

I didn't know this happened when you played Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top