Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    lenorcalenorca Posts: 30 Member
    @calaprfy A little too good in parenting I am afraid :P I get really annoyed when the parents stop doing whatever they are doing for cuddling with the babies and then there is rush hour by the crib. Or just feeds them all-the-time and the baby grows to be a chubby toddler (not that it's bad them being chubby, I just don't want every single one of them be that way - I want variety).
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited November 2018
    Vampires who do not have vampire sun screen (Drink) or aren't immune to the sun can use an umbrella to protect themselves from the sun during the day.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    lenorca wrote: »
    @calaprfy A little too good in parenting I am afraid :P I get really annoyed when the parents stop doing whatever they are doing for cuddling with the babies and then there is rush hour by the crib. Or just feeds them all-the-time and the baby grows to be a chubby toddler (not that it's bad them being chubby, I just don't want every single one of them be that way - I want variety).

You know what? I've never had these issues. I play with no CC or mods.
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    sims can talk about a movie right after they've seen one together
    they can use the fireplace to warm up when they're cold
    if you brush cats they don't spit up hairballs
    toddlers can't be ghosts
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    Snowman appearance maybe relate to career

criminal
    i44c8K.png

gardener
    i446C6.png
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    ^^^interesting. I'll keep an eye on that one :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    toddlers can't be ghosts

I’ve seen toddler ghost in other people’s screenshots and they told me that toddler can die from freezing or overheat. Never tried myself tho so don’t know if this is true.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Kids and Teens in other households will go out scouting by themselves.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Airakale wrote: »
    toddlers can't be ghosts

I’ve seen toddler ghost in other people’s screenshots and they told me that toddler can die from freezing or overheat. Never tried myself tho so don’t know if this is true.

I've never seen a toddler death scene in any game ever, and I don't think I'd want to.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I JUST found the debug cheat for the hidden objects! So now I can put more clutter in my Sims' homes!
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    toddlers can't be ghosts

I've never seen a toddler death scene in any game ever, and I don't think I'd want to.

I saw a toddler ghost uploaded to the gallery - I thought that was spooky in itself :o
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited November 2018
    toddlers can't be ghosts

I saw a toddler ghost uploaded to the gallery - I thought that was spooky in itself :o

I think that's more through mod/cheat manipulation and getting away with the gallery not marking it as cc rather than an actual instance of a toddler dying. The toddler maybe a ghost somehow but you never saw how they died.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    The Quiet trait doesn't stop neighbors from being annoyed by guitar practice.....smh.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    In the detective career when you're on a lot looking for your suspect, if you pay attention the guilty party will be looking around nervously and acting a bit different than other sims in the area. They're the suspect you're looking for.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Once you have Father time come at Winterfest he never leaves! It has been over for two days and he is still running round the house like he is suppose to be there!
  • Options
    The dragonfruit is a more powerful fertiliser than the hermit's.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    If you have Seasons, get the Money Fruit tree. When it's grown up, start taking cuttings and grafting them onto other trees.
    They won't give you any money, but they will give you Money Fruit Tree seeds. My Sim has four trees in her yard and over 300,000 Simoleons in the bank.
    Money Fruit seeds make excellent gifts for your poorer Sims. Or, you can do like the Pancakes-just go for a visit and harvest someone else's Money Fruit trees while you're there!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    CaelaiCaelai Posts: 89 Member
    I just uploaded some cc to my new computer, and was overwhelmed by that I couldn't find any "cold weather tagged" cc clothing for my game.
    BUT after a little bit of searching, I learned that you could put anything on your sim's cold weather outfit, and it would work.

So for example, you could put a swimsuit as sim's cold weather outfit, and it'll keep the sim warm. I always thought that you have to be wearing "cold weather" tagged clothing... What a (sim)lifesaver!!
    youtube: Caelai | twitter: caelaisims | tumblr: caelai-sims | origin: caelaisims | discord: Small Simmers
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Caelai wrote: »
    I just uploaded some cc to my new computer, and was overwhelmed by that I couldn't find any "cold weather tagged" cc clothing for my game.
    BUT after a little bit of searching, I learned that you could put anything on your sim's cold weather outfit, and it would work.

So for example, you could put a swimsuit as sim's cold weather outfit, and it'll keep the sim warm. I always thought that you have to be wearing "cold weather" tagged clothing... What a (sim)lifesaver!!

Would it work the same for hot weather?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    CaelaiCaelai Posts: 89 Member

I think so, yes :)
    youtube: Caelai | twitter: caelaisims | tumblr: caelai-sims | origin: caelaisims | discord: Small Simmers
  • Options
    LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member

Yes, it works for both hot and cold weather. The trick is to click off the "hot weather" tag that's shown above the columns of clothes. It's in the same place where you see if clothes are tagged for feminine or masculine, as well as the various types of clothes -- everyday, athletic, etc. You can do the same with any category, not just hot/cold weather. If you want your sim to wear something for a party that's usually only shown in everyday clothes options, just click off the "party" designation. Hope that helps! :)
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    LilyParker wrote: »

Yes, it works for both hot and cold weather. The trick is to click off the "hot weather" tag that's shown above the columns of clothes. It's in the same place where you see if clothes are tagged for feminine or masculine, as well as the various types of clothes -- everyday, athletic, etc. You can do the same with any category, not just hot/cold weather. If you want your sim to wear something for a party that's usually only shown in everyday clothes options, just click off the "party" designation. Hope that helps! :)

Leaves it up to the player to go normal/traditional with seasonal wear or just go weird. I like that flexibility as it allows you to make some weirdos for your neighborhood. Swim time? Time to wear a heavy outfit. Winter? Time for just shorts!
    I've enjoyed giving my vampires something rather light and fetching to wear during the winter. It helps that they are immune to the cold, and showing off that point to normals adds to the fun. Summer wear, on the other hand, tends to be more covering.
  • Options
    If you have Seasons, get the Money Fruit tree. When it's grown up, start taking cuttings and grafting them onto other trees.
    They won't give you any money, but they will give you Money Fruit Tree seeds. My Sim has four trees in her yard and over 300,000 Simoleons in the bank.
    Money Fruit seeds make excellent gifts for your poorer Sims. Or, you can do like the Pancakes-just go for a visit and harvest someone else's Money Fruit trees while you're there!

That's what I do in my game, share the wealth!
  • Options
    KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I've never noticed there are sheeps near the mill in Windenburg, lol
    11.png
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I've never noticed there are sheeps near the mill in Windenburg, lol
    11.png
    Gorgeous screenshot!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top