Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how did the new patch affect your game?? and help here xx

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Crin says she found out she was wrong, and it's not fixed if you buy the EP anyway. I'd like to think they will do a rapid hotfix for this rather than make us wait till next month's patch

Thank you for that info Inge and Kita- as I thought that was a bit much to force us to buy an ep. Good to hear - I guess - it's just plain broke for all of us then.
    Again, didn't break it for me.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Is it just my game or do Sim's social needs drop WAY faster than before? My Sim went lonely overnight. He doesn't have the outgoing traits or anything that depletes the need faster.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Eblim wrote: »
    Mines running better than it was before tbh. But I have a major bug... my bills are nearly 1.3million. I mean... plum.

Did you add money to the money vault? Bills are calculated from the value of items on the lot. This is probably an unintended consequence of owning a vault.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I still have the teleporting bug I had before but now it is worse. also my sims loose relationships. I have commented on this in the bugs thread. sims they knew one day they don't remember the next and have to meet all over again. not for every sim like work mates, even though their relation ship has gone down, work mates still know each other, it's their neighbours they no longer know. my dog hasn't come into heat since the patch either and I have aging off and no CC and no mods.
  • Options
    SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    edited November 2018
    Welp, I brought get famous yesterday night. Installed it... Updated my mods and such and gotten at least 4 hours of gameplay without any issues. Until the infamous MC orange error text popped up when one of my sims was trying to cook a meal. After doing the 50/50 mod method (even when all my mods are up to date). I got no dice with the whole error. My sim would not pick and eat the food she made (nor pick up the food that another sim put on the floor). But the other sims in the household that I was not currently controlling, would autonomously pick the food said sim had made or dropped somewhere.

I took out all of my mods, turn off the script mod and my gameplay got worse there. When launching the sims 4 for the first time again... The game would just randomly disappear from my desktop. No error of whatever any sort of it saying the game had crashed. When I re-launch the game, the game starts up normally. When playing my current game file that was having the issues...

Selected sim still refuses to touch any food, but as far as I had tested can do other things in the lot. This issue has been occurring with and without mods. Not only that I conclude that this issue is due to the fact that my sims are now starting to randomly/being forced to age up. Without the MC command, I think the mod was literally keeping the sims from auto-aging resulting in those errors. I did start a new game after doing the steps Rosemow had posted.

With the new game, everything works fine. (this is without playing with mods, I haven't tried with mods being on). I am aware of the aging bug and it was reported that it only happens if you did not have EP 6, But guess this has been debunked. I hope this issue gets fixed soon and not a month or two down the line. Thank god the family that is infected is just a guinea pig and not the real deal.

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record. I didn't bother reading what others had posted on this topic beforehand other than recent posts.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    AngggggggAnggggggg Posts: 1 New Member
    When I go to build mode nothing comes up 😩 my menus are also no popping up like when I’m about to have my sims cook a gourmet meal and want to select what it there’s a yellow line that appears on the screen along with a purple circle but the menu never comes up. Same thing happens when trying to do a social event and pick who I want to attend. 🙄
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Anggggggg wrote: »
    When I go to build mode nothing comes up 😩 my menus are also no popping up like when I’m about to have my sims cook a gourmet meal and want to select what it there’s a yellow line that appears on the screen along with a purple circle but the menu never comes up. Same thing happens when trying to do a social event and pick who I want to attend. 🙄

This sounds really bizarre. Do you have any screenshots of this?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,625 Member
    edited November 2018
    Anggggggg wrote: »

Hello @Anggggggg
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
    This is a link to a thread that contains a list of broken /updated mods
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-famous-nov-18#latest
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Well, it rearranged my sims' order in the UI and it drove me crazy. Spent two hours trying to rearrange them back.

did you resolve it? how did you do it?
  • Options
    KityyKatty519KityyKatty519 Posts: 24 Member
    I have several bugs, one time i couldn't sleep, one time the first person camera was weird in my face, and so on...
    Other than that it's not as bad, i don't have trouble opening the game, although it takes longer to open it seems to run smoother :)
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    Takasden wrote: »
    I was very happy for the patch until I noticed that changing the sims in cas makes them aging up of a few days. :( Plus the auto-lights don't work properly anymore. It's very difficult for me to play like this.

The age thing happened to my sims as well -- I ended up turning off aging. The calendar also had my vampires set to age up at the same time as their now-too-soon toddler did. No clue what will happen when I turn aging back on.

Seems shutting off aging does not help. I keep aging off and did not buy the new ep - and going into CAS any way at all causes my sims to age. Seems if one has the new ep they don't get this problem - but forcing someone to buy an ep not to get a problem with aging is just not right.

ETA - Correction - buying ep does not fix this afterall. It's broke for everyone apparently.

That PLUM stinks!! Thanks for the heads up. Back to TS2 for me until this is fixed. I was looking forward to playing this EP.

It's not happening in my game. :|

I just started a new game with ageing off. Gone in to CAS a whole lot of times, with no problems.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Doors aren’t working on a build of mine. And I used different doors in every part of the build. My daughter downloaded it onto one of her games so I can test it and the doors work fine. So I bulldoze the original lot my build was on and re-downloaded and same issue. And in live mode I can’t move down floors on my build; the up and down arrows are greyed out. I have no cc or mods in this game, and I’ve also repaired and updated it.
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    My Sims heads get stuck looking sideways after I exit 1st person.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Still having trouble with the Terrain tool
  • Options
    AeronwyDiobhellAeronwyDiobhell Posts: 30 Member
    I had about 50-60 cc hairs in my game (not a lot, I know) but now I've got about 3 of them actually showing up. :-( I would expect all or none, not a tiny percent to be there.
  • Options
    I had about 50-60 cc hairs in my game (not a lot, I know) but now I've got about 3 of them actually showing up. :-( I would expect all or none, not a tiny percent to be there.

Hello @AeronwyDiobhell
    Are the cc hair files still in your mods folder? If they are, try removing them and redownloading them from the cc download site and test to see if they are appear then.
  • Options
    Still having trouble with the Terrain tool

Hello @tinahjalmar
    This link article has a picture of where the new terrain tool section should be in your game. Try checking to see if it is there.
    https://simsvip.com/2018/11/14/tutorial-using-terrain-tools-in-the-sims-4/

If it isn’t and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try starting a fresh new save game and see if the issue is in that save game also
  • Options
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Doors aren’t working on a build of mine. And I used different doors in every part of the build. My daughter downloaded it onto one of her games so I can test it and the doors work fine. So I bulldoze the original lot my build was on and re-downloaded and same issue. And in live mode I can’t move down floors on my build; the up and down arrows are greyed out. I have no cc or mods in this game, and I’ve also repaired and updated it.

Hello @JC1979
    Try placing the build on a different lot in your game and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited November 2018
    @rosemow ok so I just moved the house to a lot in Brindleton Bay and everything works. Every door works and I can move to every floor the sim moves to. The home was originally built at Affluista, could there be a lot issue? I notice on the map the home is facing the opposite direction from the direction it was actually built...
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    JC1979 wrote: »
    @rosemow ok so I just moved the house to a lot in Brindleton Bay and everything works. Every door works and I can move to every floor the sim moves to. The home was originally built at Affluista, could there be a lot issue?

There may be an issue with that lot in that particular save game @JC1979 . I am glad that you didn’t have the issues when you moved the build to a different lot.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    Takasden wrote: »
    I was very happy for the patch until I noticed that changing the sims in cas makes them aging up of a few days. :( Plus the auto-lights don't work properly anymore. It's very difficult for me to play like this.

The age thing happened to my sims as well -- I ended up turning off aging. The calendar also had my vampires set to age up at the same time as their now-too-soon toddler did. No clue what will happen when I turn aging back on.

Seems shutting off aging does not help. I keep aging off and did not buy the new ep - and going into CAS any way at all causes my sims to age. Seems if one has the new ep they don't get this problem - but forcing someone to buy an ep not to get a problem with aging is just not right.

ETA - Correction - buying ep does not fix this afterall. It's broke for everyone apparently.

That PLUM stinks!! Thanks for the heads up. Back to TS2 for me until this is fixed. I was looking forward to playing this EP.

It's not happening in my game. :|

I just started a new game with ageing off. Gone in to CAS a whole lot of times, with no problems.

Yes they fixed it today - finally I can play again. They fixed several things today - aging was the one problem I had - and it is fixed. So that is probably why you had no problem. I cannot understand why Simpkin did not have the problem - everyone else I talked to had it until todays fix. I stopped saving after my sim lost 5 days - the first visit to CAS - finally stopped playing until today when I saw the emergency patch was released. Now it is fine.

I know some people had even bigger aging than I had - I lost 5 days but some of them lost whole life stages - and if they did not have a save to go back to they still have a problem as it does not roll back to where it messed up - same for Father Winters kids - people can only regain the ones they lost if they have a save to roll back too - but at least they won't lose any more.

Outside of Simpkin I have not seen anyone not having some if not all of the problems that were fixed today. So I say thanks you gurus for getting these awful things quickly fixed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BubblezJonezBubblezJonez Posts: 20 Member
    Now for some reason in CAS the sims appear as a purple mannequins (like from GTW).
  • Options
    Now for some reason in CAS the sims appear as a purple mannequins (like from GTW).

Hello @BubblezJonez
    This can occur if you ran the batch fix from Sims 4 Studio on the whole mods folder. This link post explains about it
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16839486/#Comment_16839486