Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Machinima series - A l i v e Episode 2 NO Voice over *OUT NOW* | Thread

SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
Introduction:

Hello again! This is SiMs Stories back in with another sim machinima series.
As you might have guess or is unaware, I am the creator for the sims 4 machinima series - Snow: Tales of the Ancient Ones. I had an amazing time with creating a theory story for the pre-made vampires and putting a bit of twist of my own into the series. If you would like to know more about Snow: Tales of the Ancient Ones, or is into vampires and Vlad and the other pre-made I would highly recommend that you watch Snow.

Link to Snow tales of the Ancient Ones thread:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917692/snow-tale-of-the-ancient-ones-thread-completed-series/p1

Now back to the actual topic.
A l i v e is a sims 4 machinima series that has been in development when Snow: Tales of the Ancient Ones was still getting off its feet. The concept for Alive was brought up in the year of 2015, With no structured plot just like how Snow: Tales of the Ancient Ones, was like. I was a bit hesitant about creating this thread because Alive will focus on sensitive and dark/mature topics... Things that most of us face within Society today. However, I decided to go on and make this topic and keep episodes that are deemed to be too graphic off of the sims 4 forums.

The story:

The last year of High school can be tough especially if you are forced to leave everything you loved behind and be transferred to a new school. And that what exactly happened to Trey Micheal, as he and his mother try to start a new chapter in their life. After losing two loved ones in the family.

Things slowly take a small turn for the both of them when Trey stumbles upon a mysterious strange dog name Aleu. Trey's mission is to find the dog's actual owner but the more he spends time with Aleu the more the bond between the two of them helps fill the void in Trey's heart.

With the meeting of Aleu, Trey meets a couple of teenagers in his age range who he befriends him and is also curious about Aleu. Each of them has their own stories and goals they wish to full fill Riley, who is on her own mission to search for her parents. The high school's sweetheart and role model Cecilia, who wish to graduate and run her own animal hospital and save all animals. Nicolás, wish to become a great artist. Jun, who wish to be a great e-sport player, The friendly laid back Cody who just wants his friends to succeed & "weirdo" Sam has goals of her own.

All of them seems to be linked together by Aleu, their animal companions & the mysteries that brindletown bay has in store for them.

Can Aleu and Trey's friends be the void that actually fills in Trey's heart and helps him finally know the meaning of "acceptance"?

This story is a rated pg 16 +

Features:
Alive will be featuring two versions of itself. A no-voice over series and a Voice over series, both versions will be featured in this thread.

No voiceover: This should be easy to know what the meaning of "No voice over", if you're new to Machinimas, Sims machinimas then I will tell you the meaning. Most sim machinima series usually features voice over. Basically, the creator goes around and have voice auditions or pay for voice actors/actress to audition for their series. So the experience of viewing the series is more intriguing and alive. Usually when there are voice-overs in a machinima the there's little to no music until there is transitioning onto another scene. There are some people who do not like voice over series and pretty much rather have a voice for the characters in their heads.

This choice will be available for those who rather not hear the voice actors and limited sound fx.

Voice over: This is the main feature of this series and is pretty much my first voice over series. This has been explained what voiceover is in the "No voice over" part. It will also have SFX (Sound effects ex: Door slamming, ambient noises etc)

Both versions will contain CC captions (meaning words at the bottom of the screen/scriptwriting)

Plot setting:

The plot sets in the year, 2015. While the main characters are eighteen-year-olds + The setting of the series will not be directly in their high school, most of the progression takes place outside of the school, (though the first arc the school will be the main setting for this series then slowly branches away from the school setting). The story setting is also in brindletown bay, but it will focus on other sims 4 worlds like San Myshuno. So do not think of this story is your typical high school drama.

Trailers:
Here are two trailers for Alive, I hope you enjoy them.

A L I V E 2017 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkS-8XZUH2Q

A L I V E 2018 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucwj9dnjhNk&t=52s

Release date:
Non-voice over and voice over series will be released on September 28th, 2018 at 12 am EST.

Casting call:
If you're interested in Alive and wish to help out with the project or like to Audition for episode 1. You can view this link to audition.

https://www.castingcall.club/projects/the-sims-4-machinima-a-l-i-v-e-episode-1

I hope you give A L I V E a chance and enjoy the series.
BHv51HO.gif
Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
Post edited by SiMsStories on

Comments

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hello SiMsStories!
    Just saw that you have a new thread! I was / am a big fan of your “old” series Snow: Tales of the Ancient Ones
    Wow I’m so excited about your upcoming series! Can’t wait till you release the first episode!

I’m very curious about your new idea “Voice-over”. Anyway, thank you for the CC capitons for all non native English speakers (like me).
    I also find it very cool that you want to add SFX! I could already hear it in the trailers! (Footsteps dog whimper etc.)

I pretty much like what I saw in the trailers till now! Tery seems a little sad. Poor guy. Luckily he has “his” dog Aleu (very nice name btw). And Cecilia seems like a very kind and gorgeous girl. Aww and she is absolutely beautiful!
    Always loved the scenery in STotAO and BB is really one of my favourite Worlds with the beaches and the sunsets. so I'm looking forward to beathteaking scences.

Greetings, a big fan :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Looks very good! Can't wait!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    Busufu wrote: »
    Hello SiMsStories!
    Just saw that you have a new thread! I was / am a big fan of your “old” series Snow: Tales of the Ancient Ones
    Wow I’m so excited about your upcoming series! Can’t wait till you release the first episode!

I’m very curious about your new idea “Voice-over”. Anyway, thank you for the CC capitons for all non native English speakers (like me).
    I also find it very cool that you want to add SFX! I could already hear it in the trailers! (Footsteps dog whimper etc.)

I pretty much like what I saw in the trailers till now! Tery seems a little sad. Poor guy. Luckily he has “his” dog Aleu (very nice name btw). And Cecilia seems like a very kind and gorgeous girl. Aww and she is absolutely beautiful!
    Always loved the scenery in STotAO and BB is really one of my favourite Worlds with the beaches and the sunsets. so I'm looking forward to beathteaking scences.

Greetings, a big fan :)

Thank you and yes, I know you and gamingtweety were probably one of my biggest fans for that series. So I am glad you two are following my next story/adventure. :) I will be doing more supernatural themes... Really anticipating "Witches" so I can do some type of Halloween short. I have a plot and everything ready for it just waiting for EA's confirmation, but we will get to that when that time actually comes.

As for Alive, I have very big plans for the story and I think this series will be much longer compared to snow... At first, the goal was to just right ten episodes and just be done with it... But as my mind get more ideas and I began to expand on those ideas. Cecilia is indeed a very lovely girl and (she was a huge art block when trying to create her, aside from Riley). I think she will possibly be a huge fan favorite. Trey is sad, In fact, he is actually dealing with "DABDA". If you want to know the term of it... I would advise that you look it up.

So, maybe his new friends and his furry companion "Aleu" who was yes the name is after Balto's daughter Aleu (the cartoon) can get him out of that state... While facing their own problems and trying to reach their short or long-term goals at the end of high school. I hope it you will enjoy Alive. :)

You're welcome for the CC captions I know I can't exactly live without them anymore so I know a lot of you guys cannot either. There will be a version similar to how tales was without no voice over in case you do not wish to hear voice-overs, but I really do recommend the voice over version over the none voice over. ^^
    BHv51HO.gif
    Looks very good! Can't wait!

Thank you! I hope the series lives up to your expectations. :)
    BHv51HO.gif
    Here is the intro for Alive episode 1 will be released sometime tomorrow:

https://youtu.be/QZArPif7_2k

BHv51HO.gif
    Here is episode 1 with no VO. I didn't have computer access for a couple of days so I didn't have the time to post this on the forums. The VO version is being worked on now and should be uploaded later tonight or tomorrow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUSzlVr5ydE
    BHv51HO.gif
    edited October 2018
    Here is the voice over version for Alive. This one does not feature subtitles... thought youtube would have enabled it but they enabled it automatically but due to overlapping audio it won't detect it. I will have to manually put them in... It probably won't be up for some time especially if it's 35-minute episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXN28yae860
    BHv51HO.gif
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hello SiMsStories!
    Wow you made me speechless again! :o
    What can I say, I am absolutely stunned! Really loved the characters, they are all so unique and sympathetic (well almost all of them) and the voices made them even more special!
    You are right, the voice – over is way better. I could perfectly focus on the beautiful scences instead of reading the subtitles.
    The music is very good and well fitting. So are the sound effects.
    The scenery is so realistic, I really felt like being at school by myself LOL.
    It was also funny to see some of the premade Sims. Made me laugh! :)
    Haha and I laughed so hard as one student was sleeping as another one played the violin! :D
    Ah Cecilia looks soooo great! I am so exited for her!

Amazing work! I really think you have improved since StotAo!
    Looking so forward to the next episode!!!!! Aww the small puppy must be Aleu.

Also thanks for updating here in the Forums! Cause I don't use twitter & Co. ;)
    Greetings
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »
    Hello SiMsStories!
    Wow you made me speechless again! :o
    What can I say, I am absolutely stunned! Really loved the characters, they are all so unique and sympathetic (well almost all of them) and the voices made them even more special!
    You are right, the voice – over is way better. I could perfectly focus on the beautiful scences instead of reading the subtitles.
    The music is very good and well fitting. So are the sound effects.
    The scenery is so realistic, I really felt like being at school by myself LOL.
    It was also funny to see some of the premade Sims. Made me laugh! :)
    Haha and I laughed so hard as one student was sleeping as another one played the violin! :D
    Ah Cecilia looks soooo great! I am so exited for her!

Amazing work! I really think you have improved since StotAo!
    Looking so forward to the next episode!!!!! Aww the small puppy must be Aleu.

Also thanks for updating here in the Forums! Cause I don't use twitter & Co. ;)
    Greetings

I'm glad you'd like it! :) And yes the small puppy is possibly Aleu.
    BHv51HO.gif
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cawENHO2YLA&amp;t=616s I have been busy in real life so I did not have the time to put out episode 2. But here it is... If you wish to know what was going on and why there was such a long hiatus point for this episode you can view it on my youtube channel under the community tags.
    BHv51HO.gif
  • SketchSketch Posts: 429 Member
    Hey, I was about to post on my story thread here in this section and then I saw your comment. It's funny that we might be in the same situation with our series. It feels like you put a lot of thought into your series. It would be unfortunate for you and your fans if it just stopped. It's similar to when people's favorite shows get cancelled. They will never know how it ends and you will never get to express your vision. I hope you won't give up on the series but you have to do what's best for you! Hope all is well with you! :)
    Shj7guV.png