Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous expansion and current bugs

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I want MY NPCS to be seen in public,NOT the ugly premade townies.

This is something that drives me crazy. I like micromanaging my worlds and have over 150 of my own sims. However, they rarely spawn around, all I see are ridiculous looking townies. When I want a sim I am playing to meet other sims I created I always have to visit their household because they rarely appear on community lots or walking down the streets.
    I found a good way of populating some lots with my own sims via clubs but if you happen to visit a bar with a sim that is in a club that goes to bars, it automatically thinks you are in a club gathering and that's a pain. On the other hand, if you make clubs with townies you create that don't plan on playing it works wonderfully. You set their gatherings to "pools", "bars", "parks", or whatever and any time your sim visits those lots, the clubs will be around.

Sorry for the offtopic answer

Weird. I see the sims I've created (or added from gallery,) all the time. Maybe because I use MCCC's 'randomize visiting sims.' I wish EA would do this themselves. Who knows, maybe this is something they've fixed with the patch. Since we'll have (random?) fans & stans now.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2018
    Edit: Sorry I posted in the wrong thread, anyways the simcamp game play is pre-alpha usually that includes the bugs, because it don't go through Q&A until right before release.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Well considering we still have bugs that haven’t been fixed from June (and some before) I’m not holding my breath that the new EP will be bug free. I expect many.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    rjssim wrote: »
    You can expect the papparazzi.

LOL!

I wonder if these acting Sims are going to stop and run off to go jogging. :o

Well of course - Wouldn't that be typical spoiled starlet behavior after all. Must have realism or people will bite!! So of course that would happen.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    edited October 2018
    Well, I was expecting University, so this through me off. I think its looks cool though. Based on the trailer, I think Get Famous looks like it's going to be quite an exciting expansion. However, the question comes... How are some of these existing noticeable and game degrading bugs going to be handled? Are they going to be fixed either beforehand or on the release of the new expansion?

Is the non-interactive sims bug which was the result of the patch just before Seasons going to be fixed beforehand or on release of the new expansion? In my opinion, this bug will severely degrade the entertainment quality of this expansion as it did for the rest of the game.

Is the teleportation sims bug going to be fixed beforehand or on release as well? It would be great if this was fixed.

Anyways, I'm just hoping a lot of these game degrading and noticeable bugs will be fixed beforehand or on release of Get Famous. I think the upcoming expansion looks cool, but some of these bugs will affect its entertainment quality.

Below is the link to the Non-Interactive Sims bug which is sitting on open status at the EA Bug forums:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-are-no-longer-interacting-with-each-other-in-bars-etc/td-p/6937397

One can only hope, the problem I see is if they do not fix any of the bugs prior to the release of GF and GF which you know will have bugs makes it harder to fix the game being they have to comb through all that code to find the bugs being it is not just one program it is one of the many. I would rather wait and see what happens before buying anything.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »
    WHAT CAN WE EXPECT?

The only safe thing to expect is that all bugs will remain untouched! I do have slight hope that after two months without patches and at least four months with hardly any major bugfixes, that hopefully the next patch really hammers out some issues.

Can we expect the Spanish Inquisition?

Probably, with us as the victims. Am in full agreement with all of you that are concerned about bugs. Track record to date is not good, and I have no reason to feel it will change just because of a new pack that is more about fakery than substance.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    For those who don't want to wait for EA to fix the non-interactive sims bug and are not biased against mods, I'd like to share this little mod:
    http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/sims4me_socializefix.rar
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    For those who don't want to wait for EA to fix the non-interactive sims bug and are not biased against mods, I'd like to share this little mod:

Is that mod going to work after they redo Python? When this game comes out it will use the new Python from my understanding.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Is that mod going to work after they redo Python? When this game comes out it will use the new Python from my understanding.

Yes, it'll work. It's a tuning mod so it'll keep working unless they change the tuning files modified by that mod (0000000000004033, 0000000000017A1F). The python upgrade will only break script mods.

Looking at the mod, it's a tiny change. Hopefully the devs will fix that for the next patch.

• Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,340 Member
    edited October 2018

Thank you very much for the share! It seems to work well at the Blue Velvet and other bars. However, I noticed even with the mod installed, they still don't talk if there is a TV in a community lot. I tried two places, The Old Quarter Inn and a pool bar. After removing the TV with the mod installed they talked great. Also, if there is a TV at a pool bar they don't even go swimming for me unless I remove the TV, and even then they only sit by the pool's side. The Sims still don't interact with each other at South Square coffee though. Anyways, thanks again for sharing this mod. At least they interact with each other again at some places now and I can go back to playing the game after months of putting it to the side because of this issue.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member

Thank you very much for the share! It seems to work well at the Blue Velvet and other bars. However, I noticed even with the mod installed, they still don't talk if there is a TV in a community lot. I tried two places, The Old Quarter Inn and a pool bar. After removing the TV with the mod installed they talked great. Also, if there is a TV at a pool bar they don't even go swimming for me unless I remove the TV, and even then they only sit by the pool's side. The Sims still don't interact with each other at South Square coffee though. Anyways, thanks again for sharing this mod. At least they interact with each other again at some places now and I can go back to playing the game after months of putting it to the side because of this issue.

try deleting the cache in the game http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php and try again.

• Options
    DreamaDove wrote: »

try deleting the cache in the game http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php and try again.

I tried, but still no luck in regards to South Square Coffee and community lots with TVs in them.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Writin_reg: The mod should not need an update when the patch and EP come out. As already stated here, it is a very simple change. In fact, it is highly unlikely to ever need an update. But you can bookmark my site if you wish so that you can look for updates (the mod is not officially online yet due to some server problems my host is actually facing, but it will be soon):
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/bienchens-mods/ (the page is bilingual, just scroll down a bit to get the English text)

@rjssim, the TV has very high attraction values, so Sims will be more likely to watch instead of chatting. You can try this alternate version of my mod which will enhance the values for socializing even more:
    http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/sims4me_socializefix_version2.rar

I guess EA tuned that down because there were complaints that Sims were always chatting instead of using the means of distraction available on the lot. Setting the value to "0" wouldn't have been my personal choice though.

I'll have to do a little more testing in game to see which values are most suitable, e. g. allow for enough chatting without having the Sims doing nothing else.

@DreamaDove: I'm hoping for a lot of my bug fix mods to get outdated by an official fix so that I have less mods to update and look after. But EA takes their time, they have more on their minds than just bug fixing.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @rjssim, the TV has very high attraction values, so Sims will be more likely to watch instead of chatting. You can try this alternate version of my mod which will enhance the values for socializing even more:

I guess EA tuned that down because there were complaints that Sims were always chatting instead of using the means of distraction available on the lot. Setting the value to "0" wouldn't have been my personal choice though.

I'll have to do a little more testing in game to see which values are most suitable, e. g. allow for enough chatting without having the Sims doing nothing else.

I just took quick test with the alternative version. It took a bit, but two sims ended up talking at the coffee shop, but the TV in bars etc still seems to cancel all the sims from interacting with each other. As soon as I removed the TV, they began talking and doing other tasks. Thanks again and good work on the mod. I can just remove the TVs for the time being. The mod does a good job in making them talk again in the places where it works.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @rjssim: would replacing the current tvs with lesser quality ones (lower fun value) work? Hoping there's a way you can once again have sims multi-task watching tv & socializing.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Writin_reg: The mod should not need an update when the patch and EP come out. As already stated here, it is a very simple change. In fact, it is highly unlikely to ever need an update. But you can bookmark my site if you wish so that you can look for updates (the mod is not officially online yet due to some server problems my host is actually facing, but it will be soon):
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/bienchens-mods/ (the page is bilingual, just scroll down a bit to get the English text)

@DreamaDove: I'm hoping for a lot of my bug fix mods to get outdated by an official fix so that I have less mods to update and look after. But EA takes their time, they have more on their minds than just bug fixing.

I will tell my granddaughter about it for sure as she has that issue in the game on her laptop. I have never had that issue on my pc - but she complains a lot about it and does use mods and CC in this game (unlike me in a developing game) - so I am pretty sure she will be interested. Thank you for the info.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    My solution with tv's in bar is to hide them in a closed space. Sims then use more of the other means of distraction.
  • Options
    In fact I didn't notice I had this issue before I read about it. Then I started looking around and seeing Sims not socializing in various situations were they had been socializing before.

It would be possible to raise the values even higher (you could also do that easily if you have Sims4Studio installed, just change the values from 8 to 16 for the backup socializing and from 16 to 32 for normal socializing), but that wasn't my cup of tea as Sims were constantly standing up to look for someone to start a conversation with. I think I'll go with version 2.

I tested in a café and in a bar with tv and in both locations Sims were socializing. But then as I said, the bug doesn't affect my game as massive as yours, @rjissim.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    In fact I didn't notice I had this issue before I read about it. Then I started looking around and seeing Sims not socializing in various situations were they had been socializing before.

It would be possible to raise the values even higher (you could also do that easily if you have Sims4Studio installed, just change the values from 8 to 16 for the backup socializing and from 16 to 32 for normal socializing), but that wasn't my cup of tea as Sims were constantly standing up to look for someone to start a conversation with. I think I'll go with version 2.

I tested in a café and in a bar with tv and in both locations Sims were socializing. But then as I said, the bug doesn't affect my game as massive as yours, @rjissim.

I just tested it again on a new game and with no other mods and a cleared cache. I also changed the settings (8 to 16, and 16 to 32) in the mod package file as well. It works beautifully in bars without a TV. I didn't see any interaction in the parks, and nothing in the cafe. Below is an unlisted video I captured of the problem in regards to the TV in bars. As you can see when the TV is present there is no interaction, but as soon as I remove it they begin interacting. Without the mod, there is no interaction at all whether the TV is present or not.

https://youtu.be/zw5XgZrE8kk

This is a video I recorded of the base game when TS4 was released back in 2014. In the latest build of TS4, disabling all of packs does not fix the issue despite playing as base game now. As you can see in the video the sims are lively and interacting. They also did many other things such as dance, watch TV, drink at the bar, etc. This is the same place as the video above, The Rattlesnake. Now, the sims are just dead, mindless, and boring sadly to say. The devs really need to fix this because it is severely depressing... :(

https://youtu.be/HsLMZt-XPO8
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You can expect the papparazzi.

LOL!

I wonder if these acting Sims are going to stop and run off to go jogging. :o

Well of course - Wouldn't that be typical spoiled starlet behavior after all. Must have realism or people will bite!! So of course that would happen.

Lol, O.K. But it's a reoccuring bug when you go the restaurants with another Sim, they drop out and go jogging. I think they patched it once, but I noticed over at the EA bug site it comes back often.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yes I saw a few video where even waiters were doing that a while ago - but so far haven't noticed it when my sims go to restaurants.

One thing is I don't send my sims to restaurants often as usually they are either at the various bars, or the parties they get invited to, or in CL with some other sims at the Festivals - so when they do have a day off it is already too busy to go out to a restaurant. By the time they get to one - get food, eat, and then get back home - the day is totally over - so I sort of lean toward to other activities that they can do more at then just going out to eat. Also the only day I actually plan for then to call a date and go eat is if it is the free food and drink day on the Calendar. LOL. Might as well make all that time wasted worthwhile. LOL.

I technically prefer them to just grab a bite at a food stand with their date - it goes fast and they can do other things. So I most likely just don't go to those places enough to see the issues like that.

As it was I actually got rid of most of the cafe's as my sims rarely goes to them - and turned most of those spots into houselots or more Venues. I like my sims to go to Venues in their own world most of the time.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member

I just tested it again on a new game and with no other mods and a cleared cache. I also changed the settings (8 to 16, and 16 to 32) in the mod package file as well. It works beautifully in bars without a TV. I didn't see any interaction in the parks, and nothing in the cafe. Below is an unlisted video I captured of the problem in regards to the TV in bars. As you can see when the TV is present there is no interaction, but as soon as I remove it they begin interacting. Without the mod, there is no interaction at all whether the TV is present or not.

https://youtu.be/zw5XgZrE8kk

This is a video I recorded of the base game when TS4 was released back in 2014. In the latest build of TS4, disabling all of packs does not fix the issue despite playing as base game now. As you can see in the video the sims are lively and interacting. They also did many other things such as dance, watch TV, drink at the bar, etc. This is the same place as the video above, The Rattlesnake. Now, the sims are just dead, mindless, and boring sadly to say. The devs really need to fix this because it is severely depressing... :(

https://youtu.be/HsLMZt-XPO8

Your videos are exactly what the Devs need to see and the simple solution that @83bienchen found as well. This is the kind of information that EA/Maxis needs to fix issues in the game.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    I want MY NPCS to be seen in public,NOT the ugly premade townies.

This is something that drives me crazy. I like micromanaging my worlds and have over 150 of my own sims. However, they rarely spawn around, all I see are ridiculous looking townies. When I want a sim I am playing to meet other sims I created I always have to visit their household because they rarely appear on community lots or walking down the streets.
    I found a good way of populating some lots with my own sims via clubs but if you happen to visit a bar with a sim that is in a club that goes to bars, it automatically thinks you are in a club gathering and that's a pain. On the other hand, if you make clubs with townies you create that don't plan on playing it works wonderfully. You set their gatherings to "pools", "bars", "parks", or whatever and any time your sim visits those lots, the clubs will be around.

Sorry for the offtopic answer

I normally see the ones I created walking around the area but then again I delete the premade ones unless I like them and fit with my sims.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    For your information:
    Cafés use the 'socialize as backup' tuning. So you might see how you can affect the issue further by rasing the value for that to 64 (or even to 128).

I forgot to mention that I'm playing with mods that affect TV watching (e. g. a mod that gets rid of the Sims switching Channels every second), also I'm playing with a mod that tunes down the amount of drinks and food orders in cafés because by EA default it is way to much for a barista to handle and you never see the very cute barista animations because the actions mostly fail. Then I'm also playing with a mod that gets rid of obsessive ordering drinks at a bar.
    Of course these kinds of mods change the overall behaviour you will observe on public and private lots.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    For your information:
    Cafés use the 'socialize as backup' tuning. So you might see how you can affect the issue further by rasing the value for that to 64 (or even to 128).

I forgot to mention that I'm playing with mods that affect TV watching (e. g. a mod that gets rid of the Sims switching Channels every second), also I'm playing with a mod that tunes down the amount of drinks and food orders in cafés because by EA default it is way to much for a barista to handle and you never see the very cute barista animations because the actions mostly fail. Then I'm also playing with a mod that gets rid of obsessive ordering drinks at a bar.
    Of course these kinds of mods change the overall behaviour you will observe on public and private lots.

Would it be possible to get the names of the mods that you are using. If it works, I'll be a very happy simmer lol!