Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous expansion and current bugs

rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
UPDATE: As of the patch just before Get Famous, the non-interactive sims bug has been fixed.

Well, I was expecting University, so this through me off. I think its looks cool though. Based on the trailer, I think Get Famous looks like it's going to be quite an exciting expansion. However, the question comes... How are some of these existing noticeable and game degrading bugs going to be handled? Are they going to be fixed either beforehand or on the release of the new expansion?

Is the non-interactive sims bug which was the result of the patch just before Seasons going to be fixed beforehand or on release of the new expansion? In my opinion, this bug will severely degrade the entertainment quality of this expansion as it did for the rest of the game.

Is the teleportation sims bug going to be fixed beforehand or on release as well? It would be great if this was fixed.

Anyways, I'm just hoping a lot of these game degrading and noticeable bugs will be fixed beforehand or on release of Get Famous. I think the upcoming expansion looks cool, but some of these bugs will affect its entertainment quality.

Below is the link to the Non-Interactive Sims bug which is sitting on open status at the EA Bug forums:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-are-no-longer-interacting-with-each-other-in-bars-etc/td-p/6937397
Post edited by rjssim on

Comments

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm hoping that's why they did an upgrade to python. From what I've been reading lately is it helps with finding issues within the coding. I'm really hoping this next patch is a big one. I do like the idea of the pack. And I like the idea that all career's are intertwined with becoming famous but I'm still iffy about something's. The sims 3s take on the celebrity system was a bit flawed to me and I really hope they don't make the mistake again by overpopulating celebrities as they did then. But I digress I agree with you.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I don't have much confidence that the bugs making my game unplayable will ever be properly fixed. Not getting the new EP, because my playstyle will not fit.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Luckily the new EP doesn't interfere with plants, pets, retail or the detective career, so there is hope. On the other hand I see tons of crazy outfits coming at festivals.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Luckily the new EP doesn't interfere with plants, pets, retail or the detective career, so there is hope. On the other hand I see tons of crazy outfits coming at festivals.

I'd love to see the new outfits at GeekCon, but not any of the other festivals.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hope they fix all the bugs before. :\ Some of these have been here for so long now that we went two months without patches since the release of the Seasons EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Terra wrote: »

I'd love to see the new outfits at GeekCon, but not any of the other festivals.

Expect to meet Marie Antoinette at the curry challenge, but with a beekeeper helmet on her wig.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I hope they fix the bug but surely there is the potential that the new update will make things worse.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You can expect the papparazzi.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

LOL!
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    WHAT CAN WE EXPECT?

The only safe thing to expect is that all bugs will remain untouched! I do have slight hope that after two months without patches and at least four months with hardly any major bugfixes, that hopefully the next patch really hammers out some issues.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    rjssim wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

LOL!

I wonder if these acting Sims are going to stop and run off to go jogging. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I hope that they will fix before the release... Else, my Sims will be very famous because of their teleportation ability & their unique fashion sense (wearing a bee net in the sauna)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I wanted to be able to get excited about the new expansion, but so far I'm feeling pretty numb about it, and this is pretty much the reason why. My game has been nothing but frustrations lately, and I just can't get excited about anything. My honest reaction when the announcement came out is to picture paparazzi lurking in the stinky leaf pile behind my house, and just..... no way. And it really makes me sad that my favorite game has me in this place right now.

I'm also hoping that they python update will do something to improve things. For now, I think I'm just going to take it day by day, and wait and see how it all plays out. I'm definitely not eager at all to jump in as of yet. And I have no intention of doing so.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I'm hoping that's why they did an upgrade to python. From what I've been reading lately is it helps with finding issues within the coding. I'm really hoping this next patch is a big one. I do like the idea of the pack. And I like the idea that all career's are intertwined with becoming famous but I'm still iffy about something's. The sims 3s take on the celebrity system was a bit flawed to me and I really hope they don't make the mistake again by overpopulating celebrities as they did then. But I digress I agree with you.

This is what i'm afraid of too. It was way too easy to become a celebrity in the sims 3. It defeated the purpose of having them because after awhile everyone was famous. As for the bugs i'm hoping the November patch is a big one with lots of bug fixes.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    Well let’s just thank the lord above that the one thing they got right is making sure the sims 4 wasn’t a black hole sucking memory pit. Sadly that’s where the sims 3 failed with memory leaks..
    I can thankfully say I haven’t experienced much bugs that would ruin the gameplay so far “touch wood” maids was fixed so now they actually come and clean my home as instructed and paid to do !
    I’ve noticed the pavements sometimes turn black this hasn’t happened recently since I’ve uninstalled intel graphics driver...
    However I hope they fix this bug where sims get moved into other sim homes randomly this is strange ...
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    WHAT CAN WE EXPECT?

The only safe thing to expect is that all bugs will remain untouched! I do have slight hope that after two months without patches and at least four months with hardly any major bugfixes, that hopefully the next patch really hammers out some issues.

Can we expect the Spanish Inquisition?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Just the act of rewriting the code could help fix some of the bugs, then add in 3.7’s own tools for catching code conflicts. The 3.7 conversion is the most likely reason for no bug patches the past two months: why fix code you’re going to have to rewrite anyway?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Garethlex wrote: »
    Well let’s just thank the lord above that the one thing they got right is making sure the sims 4 wasn’t a black hole sucking memory pit. Sadly that’s where the sims 3 failed with memory leaks..
    I can thankfully say I haven’t experienced much bugs that would ruin the gameplay so far “touch wood” maids was fixed so now they actually come and clean my home as instructed and paid to do !
    I’ve noticed the pavements sometimes turn black this hasn’t happened recently since I’ve uninstalled intel graphics driver...
    However I hope they fix this bug where sims get moved into other sim homes randomly this is strange ...

That’s something I’ve never seen; there is the Fill Empty Houses option where townies will be randomly placed (I prefer to do iit manually through Manage Households), and if you use MCCC it will marry off Sims and add the spouses to households that way.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Do you see any mods/devs commenting on topics like this? Do you see blog posts from said devs? Do you see patches attempting to adress this or similar issues?

I dont. They just dont care.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm already worried about bugs this EP will bring.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited October 2018
    Bugs was something that came to mind as soon as I saw the trailer. Knowing how many issues we have had with the active careers and seeing all those NPCs interacting (make-up, director, etc) around your active sim worries me.
    Also looking at all the glitches and bugs around things that happen "on the streets" like the problems we have with festivals and food stalls, or the issues with strays in Brindleton Bay. I worry about the fans' interactions, bodyguards, and anything happening autonomously around famous sims on the streets.
    I can see the bugs already... :#:#:# I hope I am wrong.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2018
    Bugs was something that came to mind as soon as I saw the trailer. Knowing how many issues we have had with the active careers and seeing all those NPCs interacting (make-up, director, etc) around your active sim worries me.
    Also looking at all the glitches and bugs around things that happen "on the streets" like the problems we have with festivals and food stalls, or the issues with strays in Brindleton Bay. I worry about the fans' interactions, bodyguards, and anything happening autonomously around famous sims on the streets.
    I can see the bugs already... :#:#:# I hope I am wrong.

Yeah, it's extremely concerning. I really do hope the devs actually care about the well being of their product because by ignoring these bugs such as the non-interactive sims bug among many others they are only harming their own hard work too. I know I would feel pretty bad if I worked so hard on a project for so long just to see it gradually degrade away with bugs that could have been fixed if more attention and focus was placed upon them...
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    I hope they make community lots really active again...what's the point of going to the park,skating rinks, or bowling alley if they're always deserted? Another thing I hope EA corrects is the over-spawning of pre-made EA townies. I want MY NPCS to be seen in public,NOT the ugly premade townies.

Until then,I'll be sticking with Roblox and Minecraft.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited October 2018
    I want MY NPCS to be seen in public,NOT the ugly premade townies.

This is something that drives me crazy. I like micromanaging my worlds and have over 150 of my own sims. However, they rarely spawn around, all I see are ridiculous looking townies. When I want a sim I am playing to meet other sims I created I always have to visit their household because they rarely appear on community lots or walking down the streets.
    I found a good way of populating some lots with my own sims via clubs but if you happen to visit a bar with a sim that is in a club that goes to bars, it automatically thinks you are in a club gathering and that's a pain. On the other hand, if you make clubs with townies you create that don't plan on playing it works wonderfully. You set their gatherings to "pools", "bars", "parks", or whatever and any time your sim visits those lots, the clubs will be around.

Sorry for the offtopic answer
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    edited October 2018
    I hope they make community lots really active again...what's the point of going to the park,skating rinks, or bowling alley if they're always deserted? Another thing I hope EA corrects is the over-spawning of pre-made EA townies. I want MY NPCS to be seen in public,NOT the ugly premade townies.

Until then,I'll be sticking with Roblox and Minecraft.

I had this problem a few years ago, I complained about this several times. It was still a problem in my game last Aug. and only one or two Sims were showing up in my parks, and some bars etc. for over two years until I gave up on this game last Aug. can't believe this is still an issue but I happened over two years ago.