Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous expansion and current bugs

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've gone around the cafes and bars and put gaming or chess tables or other things in them to give the Sims something to do. This gets a few away from the bar area if you start the games off. I seem to have my own Sims around as I've filled the game almost up to my selected limit.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    In fact I didn't notice I had this issue before I read about it. Then I started looking around and seeing Sims not socializing in various situations were they had been socializing before.

It would be possible to raise the values even higher (you could also do that easily if you have Sims4Studio installed, just change the values from 8 to 16 for the backup socializing and from 16 to 32 for normal socializing), but that wasn't my cup of tea as Sims were constantly standing up to look for someone to start a conversation with. I think I'll go with version 2.

I tested in a café and in a bar with tv and in both locations Sims were socializing. But then as I said, the bug doesn't affect my game as massive as yours, @rjissim.

I just tested it again on a new game and with no other mods and a cleared cache. I also changed the settings (8 to 16, and 16 to 32) in the mod package file as well. It works beautifully in bars without a TV. I didn't see any interaction in the parks, and nothing in the cafe. Below is an unlisted video I captured of the problem in regards to the TV in bars. As you can see when the TV is present there is no interaction, but as soon as I remove it they begin interacting. Without the mod, there is no interaction at all whether the TV is present or not.

https://youtu.be/zw5XgZrE8kk

This is a video I recorded of the base game when TS4 was released back in 2014. In the latest build of TS4, disabling all of packs does not fix the issue despite playing as base game now. As you can see in the video the sims are lively and interacting. They also did many other things such as dance, watch TV, drink at the bar, etc. This is the same place as the video above, The Rattlesnake. Now, the sims are just dead, mindless, and boring sadly to say. The devs really need to fix this because it is severely depressing... :(

https://youtu.be/HsLMZt-XPO8

My niece is having this issue on the PS4 pro. Different bar ,same behaviour. Sad.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I don't know if it's a bug, but my famous sim walk super sloooooooooooowly and it's really annoying, I keep clicking "use a normal walk"! Am I the only one ?
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Just did it @crinrict, Thanks :)
  • Options
    CasuallySherlockCasuallySherlock Posts: 34 Member
    So many glitches in the game. When you'd get married to a sim, their family would show up for you as "Mother-in-law" and so forth. (Or am I thinking about TS3?"
    Either way, My sims daughter married Luna Villareal and I wanted our family to be close but my Sim is 2-star famous and Luna can't talk to my sim. I know I can talk to Luna as my sim, but this just sucks because we're technically family.