Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FAVORITE SIMS GAME? (SERIES)

Comments

• Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 2
    My favorite will always be Sims 2. Genetics, Wants/Fears, Aspirations, Memories, Life Stages, Lifetime Wants, etc was a major addition to the original game. The addition of Young Adults, University, Attraction, Chemistry, Hobbies, Study Skills, from the EP's made gameplay so much better. The Stuff Packs gave more options for clothing and objects. I can easily play Sims 2 all day long. I also miss The Sims Life Stories, which was a spin-off of TS2. I loved the goal-oriented gameplay.

My order of favorites (if I was asked to rank them) would be the following:

TS2
    TS1
    TS3
    TS4
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Sims 4
    I had a great time playing Sims 3, and have a lot of good memories from it. However I could never go back to it after playing Sims 4, so I'm gonna say Sims 4 wins by a smidge. :) Now if Sims 4 had some kind of version of open world and a color wheel, it would be my favorite by a landslide.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,455 Member
    Sims 2
    I adore Sims 2. The entire personality system was on point and the whole relationship dynamic with chemistry and attraction was brilliant. I loved the Matchmaker, the Occults, the way University played out, the downtown... and I loved the dangers, challenges, and flaws of the Sims. The whole game fit together so well and it didn't feel like it was chasing trends to pander to youth and new gamers. It had a lot of heart and it was true to its nature. Sims 2 will always be special. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Sims 4
    To be honest it's probably a tie between TS2 and TS4, but since I only play TS4 it would feel silly to pick TS2 just for nostalgy reasons. When I first tried TS4, I instantly fell in love with the art style. Some of the game design choices make TS4 superior for rotational play, but the gameplay sadly also has many weaknesses (too much about emotions, too safe, not enough personality). One more thing I like is the easy to use build tools. The growing pace of TS4 has been very slow, but luckily I'm very patient. Some of the things that we had to wait for too long have turned out the best we've ever had.
  • Options
    swetildeswetilde Posts: 21 Member
    Sims 3
    I picked the sims 3!! <3 o:) Because every time I play it, it makes me feel a bit more alive and a bit more like I used to. I remember watching the trailers for ts3 and GOD I love them. The Sims 4 was not my game yet I've still spent 2000+ hours on it.
    Do you guys want a The Sims 5? I certainly do! I would like it to be a whole new experience but still keeping the same vibe.
    A mixture between ts2 and ts3 would be HANDS DOWN the best thing ever. B)
  • Options
    swetildeswetilde Posts: 21 Member
    Sims 3
    > @IceyJ said:
    > Although I played the heck out of Sims 1 and 2, Sims 3 was a gamechanger for me due to traits, open world and CAST. It was just on another level as far as customization, and I was so happy that I didn't need to download tons of CC furniture, clothing, or hair.

AGREED everything about sims 3 was so life-changing lol
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sims 3
    The only major problem with Sims 3 is the lag. However, most modern PCs are capable of running it much better than a few years ago. But lag is still often an issue. But if you have at least a decent computer, the game is mostly playable. Also, I feel like Sims 3 is the most sandbox type game in the series. We have open world, create a style, etc.

Sims 4 would probably be #1 for me if it weren't for all the major bugs that make the game unplayable. I personally think Sims 4 is more user friendly than the others, but the bugs and lack of certain features (like open world and create a style) are still somewhat disappointing. But I've mostly gotten used to it by now... at this point, it's mostly the bugs that bother me. If they would fix the major bugs, then I would probably put Sims 4 at #1.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sims 2
    Oh, 2 was a huge step ahead of its predecessor at the time. I loved how it featured aging and 3 new life stages, as well as genetics and other complex systems. Plus it still holds up well today, especially with expansions. I can load it up and still have just as much fun as with 3 or 4.

I'd say the only thing missing from 2 is the ability to visit your neighbors (which I've wanted since the base game). I know there's a mod for it, but it's not really ideal. Apart from that, I think it's perfect. :) Stuff like the open world and CASt are just bonuses I guess.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Sims 2
    There was never a dull moment when I played Sims 2 and it's given me so many wonderful memories because of that.
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    I have all the Sims games. I'm not sure which one to install & play haha! >:)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sims 4
    Prior to the release of Seasons it was The Sims 2. With The Sims 4 now having the things I enjoy -- pets, vampires and weather -- it has displaced it to become my all-time favorite in the series.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Sims 2
    I have all the Sims games. I'm not sure which one to install & play haha! >:)

All of them clearly. :wink:
  • Options
    It will take up to much room on my laptop unfortunately *cries* :(
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Sims 2

For fun (and science!) I looked at the file size of all my installed Sims 2 packs (I have everything) and it all comes up to 14 GB, which is pretty meager by today's standards, although it depends on your drive size and amount of files.

It's funny, because back in the day the base game came with 4 CDs and I thought it was a lot, but now you have games that are 50 GB large like it ain't no thing :D

Also, The Sims 3 (minus Outdoor, Sweet Treats, and Decades stuff packs) is 33.5 GB, which is heavier. This is without the store stuff since that's in My Documents.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

For fun (and science!) I looked at the file size of all my installed Sims 2 packs (I have everything) and it all comes up to 14 GB, which is pretty meager by today's standards, although it depends on your drive size and amount of files.

It's funny, because back in the day the base game came with 4 CDs and I thought it was a lot, but now you have games that are 50 GB large like it ain't no thing :D

Also, The Sims 3 (minus Outdoor, Sweet Treats, and Decades stuff packs) is 33.5 GB, which is heavier. This is without the store stuff since that's in My Documents.

This is really good to know, thank you @icmnfrsh :) Im so indecisive :(

• Options
    Sims 2
    Yeah, we all have to make sacrifices here and there. :\ It really depends on your preferences. There's no point having a game take up space if you're not going to play it :)

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I need to make some space on my laptop as i only have 282GB left.. its over loaded with movies LOL oops
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I love taking polls, but I can't answer this one. They are all so different and I love different things about all of them. Sims 2 and 3 combined I like better than 4, but 4 has multitasking which is one of the abilities it's hard to lose when I play 2 and 3. 2 and 3 have so much more detail and interactions though that 4 lacks. Combine all of them and you have the perfect game!
  • Options
    soko37 wrote: »
    I love taking polls, but I can't answer this one. They are all so different and I love different things about all of them. Sims 2 and 3 combined I like better than 4, but 4 has multitasking which is one of the abilities it's hard to lose when I play 2 and 3. 2 and 3 have so much more detail and interactions though that 4 lacks. Combine all of them and you have the perfect game!

I totally agree @soko37 :)

• Options
    c5a58194111ec2fa71f70a53623ad094.png

Sims 2 is currently winning :smiley:
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Sims 2
    A tie between 2 and 4. I put 2 cause that time really made me an addict. I got my first computer at that time. Before I had played on my friend's, since S1. I dunno what packs my friend had for 1 but I know I bought all the S2 packs myself. I can remember the literal heartache when I saw S2 Seasons gameplay vids on YT and my computer didn't have the dvd rom thingy and I couldn't buy it. And I'm not a celebratory person and don't celebrate Christmas but one year I got good holiday pay, went out, bougth a new computer and all the missing Sims 2 packs and played forever. Had the next day off aswell. I remember the first time I saw that Seasons sector thingy... the satisfaction was real. I don't care much for materialistic things but I had worked for this computer and packs myself so I took full advantage of the satisfaction.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 4.

Just need some magic and the game'll be perfect. Just imagine a magic EP with the depth of vampires.
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    A tie between 2 and 4. I put 2 cause that time really made me an addict. I got my first computer at that time. Before I had played on my friend's, since S1. I dunno what packs my friend had for 1 but I know I bought all the S2 packs myself. I can remember the literal heartache when I saw S2 Seasons gameplay vids on YT and my computer didn't have the dvd rom thingy and I couldn't buy it. And I'm not a celebratory person and don't celebrate Christmas but one year I got good holiday pay, went out, bougth a new computer and all the missing Sims 2 packs and played forever. Had the next day off aswell. I remember the first time I saw that Seasons sector thingy... the satisfaction was real. I don't care much for materialistic things but I had worked for this computer and packs myself so I took full advantage of the satisfaction.

omg! how beautiful is she <3https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1927/45200340431_4cb634052d_o.png
  • Options
    you are all currently playing sims4?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Sims 2
    c5a58194111ec2fa71f70a53623ad094.png

Sims 2 is currently winning :smiley:

It’s also a pretty close race, and it really shows the variety in the Simmers community. I think it also shows what Simmers like and value in a Sims game.

I just greatly prefer the Sims’ AI, the attraction system, and the living details in Sims 2. I also missed having a functional home business despite Sims 2 lacking in the awesome customization features, the open world, and the story progression. (My Sims tend to be mostly homebodies half of the time, but I loved the time-frozen closed lots because my Sims can still go out and not miss a beat back home.)

So that is why, despite the worlds being closed, the very, very limited customization and having much less building tools, and not having the so plentiful content as Sims 3, I still voted for Sims 2.

For me, I just loved the personalities and the overall feel of closeness of the Sims 2. The Sims set the table and eat with each other and notice each other and they just feel very cozy and tight-knit with each other. Kids greeting their parents when they come back home, toddlers hugging each other, stuff like that. I loved that so much.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)