Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FAVORITE SIMS GAME? (SERIES)

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 2
    Simpkin wrote: »
    A tie between 2 and 4. I put 2 cause that time really made me an addict. I got my first computer at that time. Before I had played on my friend's, since S1. I dunno what packs my friend had for 1 but I know I bought all the S2 packs myself. I can remember the literal heartache when I saw S2 Seasons gameplay vids on YT and my computer didn't have the dvd rom thingy and I couldn't buy it. And I'm not a celebratory person and don't celebrate Christmas but one year I got good holiday pay, went out, bougth a new computer and all the missing Sims 2 packs and played forever. Had the next day off aswell. I remember the first time I saw that Seasons sector thingy... the satisfaction was real. I don't care much for materialistic things but I had worked for this computer and packs myself so I took full advantage of the satisfaction.

omg! how beautiful is she <3https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1927/45200340431_4cb634052d_o.png

lol thanks. I know. :D She's game generated too. I played her in generation 6 but brought her back to life now in generation 14 cause I wanted to try her with CC that I didn't use when she was alive in her gen. But she has been my fave even since then without cc.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    A tie between 2 and 4. I put 2 cause that time really made me an addict. I got my first computer at that time. Before I had played on my friend's, since S1. I dunno what packs my friend had for 1 but I know I bought all the S2 packs myself. I can remember the literal heartache when I saw S2 Seasons gameplay vids on YT and my computer didn't have the dvd rom thingy and I couldn't buy it. And I'm not a celebratory person and don't celebrate Christmas but one year I got good holiday pay, went out, bougth a new computer and all the missing Sims 2 packs and played forever. Had the next day off aswell. I remember the first time I saw that Seasons sector thingy... the satisfaction was real. I don't care much for materialistic things but I had worked for this computer and packs myself so I took full advantage of the satisfaction.

omg! how beautiful is she <3https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1927/45200340431_4cb634052d_o.png

lol thanks. I know. :D She's game generated too. I played her in generation 6 but brought her back to life now in generation 14 cause I wanted to try her with CC that I didn't use when she was alive in her gen. But she has been my fave even since then without cc.

do you have any links of the CC you use?? I think im going to play SIMS 4 again...
    p.s if anyone has any useful CC please list them below for me :)

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 2
    you are all currently playing sims4?

I was actually considering answering Sims 4 for this poll, but I still miss having a home business and still miss the more consistent and detailed AI reactions, memories, and attraction system, from Sims 2. (And I miss having a sewing machine in my Sims game as well, lol!)

But, yeah, I’m still playing Sims 4, and I’ve been playing only that iteration a lot more, especially since the toddler patch and Vampires. I’ve not played any of the past Sims games (1, 2, or 3) since then. :lol:

I actually still have all of the Sims games installed, but I’ve been mostly playing Sims 4.

I just can’t seem to go back and play with the older Sims games that much anymore, for some reason.

Something about Sims 4 is just more relaxing for me. Sims 4 is also pretty easy to just quickly load up and play immediately, which is nice, because I have much less free time than I used to have in the past.

I also love some stuff from Sims 4, like the awesome toddlers, the cool Vampires, the interactive Doctor career, the club system, customizing the holidays, and so on.

Edited to add: I still occasionally play all of the older Sims games once in a while, especially Sims 2 and a bit of Sims 3 (with mods), but Sims 4 usually gets a majority of my attention.

But for the poll, for me, the Sims game that is the best Sims game of all time is Sims 2. That level of detail and Sim reaction and Sims interaction is what I love in a great Sims game.

Plus, that home business. (No other Sims game does this well without some workarounds or a mod.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Sims 2

do you have any links of the CC you use?? I think im going to play SIMS 4 again...
    p.s if anyone has any useful CC please list them below for me :)

I'll pm them. Don't wanna derail a thread again.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Sims 4
    I enjoyed them all but I find Sims 4 is the easiest to play, I prefer the Sims' faces and this game relaxes me more.

EA should update support for them all on new OS as they all suit different types of players and not make us annoyed that we have wasted money on buying everything in the store and now cannot play.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Sims 2
    I will add that I was also really close to answering sims 4. I like many things about sims 4 over other games in the series, but there is just something about sims 2 that puts it very slightly above. I think it was the challenge honestly, sims 2 could be hard at times and offered a good challenge in gameplay. Sims 4 is easier, but that isn’t a bad thing. I like both ways of playing. Also I found the sims in sims 2 the best overall, but again sims 4 is close. They have good and hilarious animations in sims 4 that pull it back a little towards the sims 2. Sims 3 skipped that and the sims were a bit robotic at times, with very little facial expressions. But again I loved each game for different reasons. So sims 3 is still a great game that I could easily go back to!! I just always missed the crazy sims from sims 2 when I played.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Sims 3
    Sims 3. Is my favorite. It has all the customization you could want, more than. And a ton of product, from EPS/SPS. and most importantly what the store gave us. I would never have needed another Sims game if not for one thing: The game is unstable. It crashes too often and takes too long to load. Still I put it at #1 because I have enjoyed it more than any other.

Sims 4 is second and that has jumped from third place to me. Honestly the building and the CAS are so much easier (if not necessarily better) than any of the other games. It lacks customization which is its biggest draw back for me. Despite that, having really started playing after Cats and Dogs and building after Seasons, I enjoy it. I wish we did have a color wheel and at least open neighborhoods. I will say the upcoming terrain tools will help with lot building.

Sims 2 moved from second to third, simply because Sims 4 has gotten better with time.

Sims 1 was great but to be honest it's still the last place for me because of the game view. The in-person, rather than overhead only view, is so much of an improvement that Sims 1 is the only one I couldn't go back to anymore. Despite absolutely loving it when it first came out, I abandoned it after Sims 2 came out, even if only the base game lacked so much of what Sims 1 had.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Sims 3
    I often remove Sims 3 from my computer for this reason: I'll sit down at 7pm after dinner, play for awhile, then turn the game off and it's 4am. I cannot play the game without an alarm. No other Sim game captures me quite so much.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sims 2
    I also want to say that Sims 1 was great for its time, but its balancing didn't hold up well. Needs and relationships decay crazy fast, and the money you earn from Superstar jobs is meager compared to how much time you spend. It wasn't noticeable when I was a kid because I always used cheats. For that reason, when I launch Sims 1 today, I can't bring myself to play that long
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TimSimm2TimSimm2 Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 4
    I've played all 4 games with all expansion packs and honestly I love each one for different reasons. Sims 1 is classic and just really whimsical and funny and just overall amazing. Sims 2 still sorta had the whimsical spark 1 had only for the first time you could get into a car and go shopping, go out to eat and all of that, sure you could do that in 1 but it wasn't the same really and alot more limited. Sims 3 I loved also, it had the big open world and the realistic graphics, you could go anywhere and kinda do anything and I did like it but at first I had alot of issues with it. Most of my computers, even decent ones just couldnt run it and thats with 1 or 2 expansion packs or even just the base game which kind of ruined it for me for a long time. I did eventually go back and get back into it again once I had a good computer that could run it but even then I was already getting into the sims 4. The sims 4 I pretty much hated for the first 2 years I'd say. The fact that it had so much missing from the base game that even sims 1 and sims 2 had was ridiculous, I felt like it was really flawed from the get go but as time when on it got alot better and now I actually have learned to love it and prefer it to the other 3 games, Sure its not as charming as the first 2 and it doesnt have the open world of the 3rd, and I know alot of people hate on it but I enjoy it. I feel like everything is overall better than the first 3 games. The toddlers are really great and have so much personality. The seasons pack gave you so much more than the 2 and 3 one did imo. Sure with cats and dogs you couldn't control them initially but theres a mod for that which I use and I love the customization which also goes for cas, I love being able to pull and move and such with the sim's faces and body. I've gone from hating 4 to really loving it. I do also play the first 3 on occasion because they all have their good points too. Sorry this is so long lol I've just always been passionate about this series ^-^ Happy Simming
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Sims 4
    I voted Sims 4...without really putting a lot of thought into it. Fact is, Sims 4 is what I actively play, and I own all 4 of them so...that must mean it is the one I like the most.

Sims 2 is up there though, if it weren't for the ridiculously long load times, even on my modern PC, I might still play that one once in a while. Sims 3, while I loved it, was just too glitchy and the performance was a problem even with great hardware once everything I own is installed and my preferred mods put in. I kinda miss open world, but if I am honest with myself, the Sims 4 load times are faster than the time it took my sims to travel across the open world to where they wanted to go in TS3, so...yah, really not all that much.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    meowhogmeowhog Posts: 12 New Member
    Sims 4
    Definitely Sims 4 but I used to love 2 as well. I didn't get to play Sims 3 because it was super laggy on my laptop. :(
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Sims 3
    Well, I think this just proves that EA should take what made TS2, 3, and 4 great and try to combine it all into one fantastic Sims experience for The Sims 5. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sims 4
    Sims 2 was for very loooong my favourite! Alltough I last played it 2009 or so... :/ (PC problems). But now finally Sims 4 has beaten the king! <3
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Sims 4
    I think it's a bit unfair to compare Sims 4 to the other series simply because it's only half way in. You're taking 3 completed series and comparing them to a half finished series. But still, I'm saying Sims 4 is my favourite. Just what we have going now is so much better than the other series. It's only going to get better as time goes on!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Sims 3
    1. Sims 3
    2. Sims 2
    3. Sims 4

I can't really comment on TS1
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    Sims 4
    I realize that my fave Sims games align with when I had a good computer to play it on. Sims 1 and Sims 3? Not so much. 2 and 4 have been the most playable for me. Marry a gamer dude.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Sims 2
    I guess I'm not surprised at the results, given that this is a forum focused on Sims 4 gen discussion. Although I prefer Sims 2-type control over neighborhoods, I loooove the way Sims are expanded now, with emotions and layers of interactions, and the ability to change every part of their clothing. Perhaps one day we'll manage a marriage of the best from both styles!
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I can't pick just one! XD
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Sims 4
    Even though I voted Sims 4, I wished there was another choice of all of them. I would have voted that one. :)
  • Options
    cactusflowercactusflower Posts: 31 Member
    Sims 4
    My game order: 4, 2, 1, 3

This was a hard decision, I was sooo close to picking sims 2 as my favorite. The details and gameplay were captivating, and I felt like with all of the packs and expansions installed I just never ran out of stuff to do.

Even though 4 is my favorite currently, I had many problems with the base game—namely it's lack of content. But I'm so used to certain features that 4 introduced (like multitasking, emotions) that I think it would be hard to go backwards.

I'm the kind of player that constantly rotates between a large number of households, so Sims 3 threw a huge wrench in my play style with the open world. I felt like I had lost all control of my characters. Everything would be different if I left them alone for a large number of days, so I was thrilled when 4 allowed us to put families on hold once again, but still gave us the feel of an open world with the accessible neighborhood surrounding the lots.

I did love Sims 1 as well. My biggest issue was probably the CAS and the lack of established household relationships (spouse, roommate, sibling, etc.) but the first game was iconic, and in a way, groundbreaking. There was no other game like it out there and imo it's probably the funniest out of the series. There was something so chaotic about it. And to this day I'll still listen to the sims 1 Build Mode soundtrack, it is SO calming and nostalgic.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Sims 4
    A blend of Sims 3 and 4 would be ideal. There are things from 3 I wish they would have kept. However, I think they will add it soon enough.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Sims 1
    Sims 1. The game that started it all <3 I have 2,3,4 and medieval too but sims 1 will always be my favourite. Love my pixel sims :)
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Sims 4
    I wouldn’t be much to go by here; I’ve only played The Sims 4. I’ve thought about looking into The Sims 3 but no computer in my house could run it, I think.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sims 2
    TS2 for the obvious reason, it's the better, deeper game. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.