Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FAVORITE SIMS GAME? (SERIES)

Feel Free To Add Why.... :)

FAVORITE SIMS GAME? (SERIES) 214 votes

Sims 1
3%
mcruddShanFabulus101EvaliynDeKayPotterheadSimNorthDakotaGamer 7 votes
Sims 2
32%
Akl500PGoldmoldaricmnfrshBen1010Kita5399Mstybl95SimsontheropeIcewolfCabelle1863Hthr0120RainbowSimQueenAprilDawnSasquatch7simm621asimbsimAnmirlasimgirl1010SimpkinElegantblkchina1Seera1024 69 votes
Sims 3
29%
CK213mikepapaycikJaiSeaIdontrcallalexspoom13IceyJSid1701D9Colorist40PlayerSinger2010auntmichelle9Writin_RegMeteoraStormyesme88WillowG145GoldenBuffycchant86Bagoas77fruitsbasket101Nivyxslamonda 64 votes
Sims 4
34%
LaBlue0314alan650111HowGreatThouArtSaunta2Angel_mixStormkeepVibseSimburianjoelygirlsims2Bloosmoocornflake88phantom121294kerryemmiebethfriendlysimmersrobyngravesluthienrisingLizzychicagoGARRICK20SarahTheRedChelleJo 74 votes

Comments

• Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Wow! I was first to vote! ;)
    I have always liked 3 the most because I think it gave builders the most creative tools out of the four versions.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 3
    I did pick 3 as I do love the open world and creativity - but I also love Sims 2 and Sims 4. I had my biggest enjoyment though in Sims 3 for all we can do in that game. I do love the toddlers and Vampires in Sims 4 more than any of the past ones but super miss the creative side and open world. Still I can get lost in any of my Sims games to be honest.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Sims 2
    It’s simply a nostalgic choice for me. TS2 was the first one I ever played, and it was right when my husband and I moved into our first home. I have loved all the Sims games, but TS2 will always be my favorite. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 4
    Sims 4. From the start it hit the right balance for me in rotational gameplay, giving me all sorts of control over it without losing the passage of time (not a fan of game-controlled story progression, and I feel no need for an open world), and I love the animation and the (mostly) natural feel of the multitasking. The gradual introduction of more and more complex systems has kept it my favorite. It's not perfect, obviously, but I'm happy enough with it that if/when a Sims 5 comes around, I might just not care to move on from this one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Sims 3
    As much as 2 will always be dear to me and harbored a special kind of quirkiness and personality, 3 brought a lot to the table too, imo. From owning a horse farm, driving a hover car in the future and family Robots to being able to have a Witch, Vampire, Werewolf, Ghost, Mermaid, and Genie live in one house successfully even with conflicting traits was beyond cool. And that's only touching the surface.

The creative aspect surpassed my expectations and is still superior to 4 in that regard. Like others have said, the open world was a pretty big plus, viewing your neighbors lives while simultaneously constructing your own Sims' life provided me with hours of immersion and storytelling, and finding little Easter eggs from previous games lore only added to that bonus.

For all its issues, as any game of that design and level of AI will probably have at some point, it made up for in innovation, there was always something to do and I lost so many hours with 3 that I'll likely never get in 4. Not bashing, as I do like 4 quite a lot (especially the improved Toddlers), but just saying that I think the two are as different as night and day and there's something I generally love about each EP.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 2
    At this exact moment in time I'd have to select 2. I do miss the hobbies, retail and university features. Sims 4 is closing in though.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Sims 3
    My heart belongs to The Sims 3. <3
  • Options
    KazynKazyn Posts: 16 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 for me. I started playing on release day of the sims 1 and loved the huge leap to TS2. Its so nostalgic for me, it takes me back to my early twenties, playing the game in our first house. I really miss University.

I do miss the open world in TS3, but 2 wins for the memories it carries.
    Find me on Twitch and Twitter
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Favorite sims game/series? :tongue: Probably SimFarm! :wink:

SimCity (the original) was my first sim game, and I enjoyed it, but I :love: loved :love: SimFarm. Way too much clicking for my hands now, if they ever brought it back.

As to The Sims themselves...I can't remember anymore. TS4 (ime) is the least buggy of them all, but for me the least fun. I probably had the most fun with TS2, but the bugs were horrible and iirc some of my games became unplayable because of them. 'Course, that happened with the original Sims, and TS3, too... fingers crossed it doesn't happen w/TS4, too! I know it already has for some players. :frowning:
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 2
    Still Sims 2, though Sims 3 is also high up there because it also had lots of really great stuff.

(I just can’t engage with Sims 3’s sims, for some reason, and I’m still missing some of the Sims 2 content and details. :disappointed: )

Sims 2 just has so much detail and charm. I loved those particular Sims characters the most. I also miss the retail system, the home businesses, and the hobbies/Freetime content like sewing machines, etc.

I’ve played Sims 1 with all of the expansion packs a few months back, and I felt it was still really, really good (with a needs cheat!)! :smiley:

Sims 3 is pretty good. It has tons of content and it’s the only Sims game that has the island/beach content and mermaids.

Sims 4 is limited and a bit lacking in some areas, but I’ve been really engaged with some of the recent content and am now enjoying it (despite the bugs). I may move this up much higher on the list as more content gets added.

Hmmm.. At the moment, my order would go something like:

Sims 2,
    Sims 4,
    Sims 3,
    Sims 1. (Sometimes I switch Sims 1, 3, and 4 around depending on my mood, lol. But Sims 2 will always be numero uno for me! :blush: : )
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    KazynKazyn Posts: 16 Member
    Sims 2
    > @Tiarella said:
    > Favorite sims game/series? :tongue: Probably SimFarm! :wink:
    >
    > SimCity (the original) was my first sim game, and I enjoyed it, but I :love: loved :love: SimFarm. Way too much clicking for my hands now, if they ever brought it back.
    >
    > As to The Sims themselves...I can't remember anymore. TS4 (ime) is the least buggy of them all, but for me the least fun. I probably had the most fun with TS2, but the bugs were horrible and iirc some of my games became unplayable because of them. 'Course, that happened with the original Sims, and TS3, too... fingers crossed it doesn't happen w/TS4, too! I know it already has for some players. :frowning:

Ooh I forgot about SimFarm, I loved that game, that and SimAnt were my two most played games in my teenage years!
    Find me on Twitch and Twitter
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 but just a tiny bit behind it The Sims 3. Then the original sims and then the sims 4.

Tough choice to choose just one.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2/Sims 3. I love the open world of Sims 3, however, Sims 2 had much more detailed content.

In order:
    TS2
    TS3
    TS4
    TS1
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    Sims 3
    i miss the open world so my choices are 3/4/2/1
  • Options
    LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    Sims 4
    I picked the Sims 4, but I'm kind of biased because I've only played the others (by others I mean the Sims 2 and 3) for maybe no more than a few hours by renting the game or at a friends house. The Sims 4 is the only one I actually own myself.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Sims 2
    I just always have a soft spot for sims 2. I could barely play it on the computer we had then and it constantly crashed but I loved it. If I had to rate them all I’d say:
    1. Sims 2
    2. Sims 4
    3. Sims 3
    4. Sims 1

But they are all amazing in their own ways. That’s the best part about each iteration. They are all around the same idea, but each tends to be unique.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Sims 4
    By now it's the one i like the most to play. But Sims 2 will always have a especial place in my heart <3
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Sims 1
    It was the first game I purchased as an adult. I played it for 15 years without mods and cc. Only got Sims 4 when the original The Sims would not easily install on Windows 10. Skipped Sims 2 and Sims 3 as I did not see a need for them. It is still my favorite, even better than Sims 4.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 3
    Although I played the heck out of Sims 1 and 2, Sims 3 was a gamechanger for me due to traits, open world and CAST. It was just on another level as far as customization, and I was so happy that I didn't need to download tons of CC furniture, clothing, or hair.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Sims 4
    I've played all four versions of the sims over the years, but it's been a long time since I've played 1 or 2 so I can't remember much about them anymore.
    I bought the sims 3 after sims 4 came out, and it was the first time I bought all the expansion packs. I had a lot of fun with it for a few years, but eventually it slowed down so much I just couldn't enjoy playing anymore.
    I never thought I would buy sims 4 because of all the bad reviews, but when I saw vampires and toddlers were being added I decided to give it a chance. Bought the game and some expansions, and haven't looked back since.
    Honestly I would have to say it's a toss up over whether I like 3 or 4 more, both have things I like and don't like. I only chose 4 because it's the only version I play at the moment, and I felt it needed some love :)
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 4 takes everything I loved about the series, especially from Sims 1, and enhances it and modernizes it in pretty amazing ways. It doesn't copy/paste assets and animations like 3 did from 2, it doesn't needlessly burn gpus or come with unplayable worlds like 3 did, it gives you the ability to explore neighborhoods unlike Sims 1 or 2 that were blank voids outside the lots, it gives the best toddlers and vampires in the series, and it's apparently giving some of the best terrain tools soon too. I feel like 4 is the perfect mix of the best of the best from the series so far, and gives it an art style that will be timeless for quite awhile. It takes the basics and ups them in ways I've always wanted since I played Sims 1.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Sims 4
    It took me all day thinking about this before I decided on my answer. And, tbh, my answer surprises the heck out of me. 6 months ago, had you asked me what my favorite sims game was, it would have been Sims 3-hands down.

And I do still love that game. I will forever love that game.

But, I think I'd held onto it being my favorite sims game, cause it was my favorite game ever.

But, now... with toddlers, and pets, and seasons... even though there are things I dislike about how some of each of those were done, I still enjoy and love my game. I still spend, more hours then I care to admit, playing Sims 4.

Since the end of May... the day before my birthday to be exact, the 27th, I rolled over to 2600 hours even on Sims 4. Since then, I am now at 4053 (as of this morning, not counting today's game play). So in less than 5 months, I have played nearly as much as I had in 4 years.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 was the greatest installment, followed by Sims 4. I know a lot of people like 3 but I could never enjoy playing it for long, except for a few EPs like University and Seasons.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Sims 3
    Sims 3 definitely. I could get lost for hours in that game (still do!). I enjoyed all of them, though. Well, more than enjoyed...I loved all of them. But Sims 3 is my favorite. It allows me more creative freedom. I love to build and decorate in it. I love CASt. I love the gameplay.

But all 4 of them are really great games.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    Sims 4
    I feel like the sims 4 had a very rough start. I thought all the previous sims were much better for a very long time. It was really around the vampires and toddlers era that things started to turn around for this iteration. Then seasons and now get famous both look like they are going to knock this year out of the park. I genuinely think they have made some good strides to turning this game around and things are going to start looking up from here. Make no mistake there are still some issues that need to be addressed but overall I don't really have many doubts that by the time the next 3 years pass we will be a good spot as far the sims 4 goes.

I still think this entry in the series does offer some benefits that previous games could not. But the main reason why its my favorite is all the active career opportunities the sims 4 has. I still think its somewhat absurd that in 2018 we still have rabbit hole only careers, but sims 4 has done its best to provide lots of active money making strategies (4 active careers, 5 semi-active careers, skills, and 3 businesses) way more so than 1, 2, or 3 at least. Its for this reason that it earns its spot as my favorite.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg