Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Twitter channel teases a Surprise coming tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    Cupid wrote: »
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think it's naive of me to say, but I hope a celebrity/fame pack doesn't overly revolve around "influencers" and simstube personalities.

Lol.. I hadn't thought about it but I could totally see it going in that direction :s

Same. I hope it's not a youtube famous pack gosh that would be a horrible mess. That's not worldwide fame at all. They should be aiming at the star power Hollywood celebrities have. That's making another iconic pack like Superstar. Youtube celebrities are a joke.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    @phantom121294 sorry it's out of context but is your Signature a PC? At first I thought it was a hamster cage :sweat_smile::joy:

How did you find out about the Celebrities please?

Yea its my PC. Its my first one I built myself too. If your gonna dive in might as well go head first!
    I got this feeling that this is going to be a game pack. (1. We haven't had one release since like March of this year (right?) Jungle Adventure. 2. SimguruNinja works on GamePacks and SimguruKate was talking to him about how he should be looking out for their Youtube Channel next week for a 'sneaky peek' at something or their other social media, basically. Twitter today. Youtube tomorrow).

Which... if this is a game-pack, it has me curious how much of the celebrity system + gameplay they can cram into it (?). I hope bands are possible now; also hope there's a lot of different kinds of "Celebrities" we can be. I got a good feeling about this system just because of how Vampires was done. *IF* it is an actual game pack. Here's hoping we get some new UI to play with :D.

I can do a Rags to Riches Challenge now! Ready for this trailer tomorrow. Hope the release date isn't too far away. D: I will say I was hoping for Witches, but I knew it was too early for that since Grant did that poll not too long ago. :( But it's okay!! Witches will probably be brilliant when they finally release... *shifty eyes at SimguruNinja* The game packs have always been something I'm excited about because I LOVE the focus they put on the content. *crossed fingers*.

I hope its more than a GP. I don't think it is but even still. The fame system is cool and certainly a big feature, but without acting/directing or the music industry it kinda falls short IMO.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2018
    I hope it's a REMAKE of Superstar with an exclusive scenic cliffside neighborhood where all the celebrities live
    Something like Hollywood Hills
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    I hope we can like customize all kinds of celebs. Like I don't want every person to be a celeb like someone TS3 Showtime was awful with that. You can be friends with a celeb and not be a celeb yourself.

i agree that it was ridiculous almost everybody eventually became a celeb just by being a friend of one.

the paparazzi were too much of a pita, as well.

bringing back bands and the stylist/interior decorator careers would be awesome!
  • Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    Happy for the people who wanted this.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I hope the pack has at least an acting career.

Remember this Freetime update?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QYCKivBYw

I could only wish we have something similar in this Superstar pack. It would make it a worthy successor of Sims 1 Superstar.

Acting career with auditioning, motion capture acting, memorising movie lines etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    Nooooo......this means no university. Man I'm really taking a hit with all the new stuff coming out this time around. The fashion career, terrain tools, celebrities...not anything I care about. Dry spell for me. I will set my sights for next year!!

Nahhh Don't think it as sad. It dosen't mean no university. It might mean that they are warming up their skills for University EP ;)
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I was also hoping for University next, but this could be cool. I'll buy it if there are enough new careers that look fun to play and the celebrity system isn't dominating the gameplay too much.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This is great it's one of my most wanted packs. I have a celeb save that I can really dive into now. Yesss.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I was also hoping for University next, but this could be cool. I'll buy it if there are enough new careers that look fun to play and the celebrity system isn't dominating the gameplay too much.

They could probably make this like vampires. There are the default ones on the neighborhood and the game will generate a fixed amount. And other sims won't get celebrity system just by talking to a celebrity.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @phantom121294 sorry it's out of context but is your Signature a PC? At first I thought it was a hamster cage :sweat_smile::joy:

Yea its my PC. Its my first one I built myself too. If your gonna dive in might as well go head first!
    I got this feeling that this is going to be a game pack. (1. We haven't had one release since like March of this year (right?) Jungle Adventure. 2. SimguruNinja works on GamePacks and SimguruKate was talking to him about how he should be looking out for their Youtube Channel next week for a 'sneaky peek' at something or their other social media, basically. Twitter today. Youtube tomorrow).

Which... if this is a game-pack, it has me curious how much of the celebrity system + gameplay they can cram into it (?). I hope bands are possible now; also hope there's a lot of different kinds of "Celebrities" we can be. I got a good feeling about this system just because of how Vampires was done. *IF* it is an actual game pack. Here's hoping we get some new UI to play with :D.

I can do a Rags to Riches Challenge now! Ready for this trailer tomorrow. Hope the release date isn't too far away. D: I will say I was hoping for Witches, but I knew it was too early for that since Grant did that poll not too long ago. :( But it's okay!! Witches will probably be brilliant when they finally release... *shifty eyes at SimguruNinja* The game packs have always been something I'm excited about because I LOVE the focus they put on the content. *crossed fingers*.

I hope its more than a GP. I don't think it is but even still. The fame system is cool and certainly a big feature, but without acting/directing or the music industry it kinda falls short IMO.

https://simsvip.com/2018/10/08/the-sims-4-expansion-pack-6-coming-november-6th-2018/

A website listed it as an EP that is coming out November 6.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member

I think so too. I would like more options than just this or that. I would like the options of say, a singer, band, movie star, director, "influencer" and maybe a model / sports person. But I just don't see how they could fit all those options into a game pack. :( But! We'll see tomorrow, I guess. However, I don't want the celebrity system to be so overbearing like it was in Sims 3. I want it to be challenging to become a celebrity, I want it to be realistic.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2018
    Oooh, shiny.

I hope this time around sims can be famous for writing, painting or as comedians etc.

Please, for the love of Bob, no ridiculously-famous-by-association pandemic this time.

And...

ACTION!
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    it's really awesome to see so many simmers excited about something for the sims 4. it's been quite awhile since the forum was this busy with a buzz of excitement. :)
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Well, darn. I was hoping for witches or university but I could potentially like this too. I hope we'll see the return of Superstar objects and features, and the fame system rather than the celebrity pandemic mentioned before. I would love to see sushi carts again.

And please, for Pete's sake, don't overdo it with the paparazzi nonsense. No Simport either, that was an exercise in frustration.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I gotta say I'm diggin' that dyed bob hairstyle! I was hoping for Witches too but a pack of this nature will definitely have its place in my game too.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I already played with the Road To Fame mod. It did what I expected. Wasn't that much into it though.
    But all the original content has surpassed all of my expectations so far. Like I never cared for pets in previous games but when the info kept coming out pre-release I got really into it. And the animals are cute in the game.
    Even vampires are well done eventhough I don't like occults myself.
    I'm sure they'll add lots of different aspects to this pack.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It would also be amazing if we got a beautiful new world. And wouldn't it be so cool if the car rumors came true? Our celebs could get around in a swanky limo. Maybe a super swank Hummer limo.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think it's naive of me to say, but I hope a celebrity/fame pack doesn't overly revolve around "influencers" and simstube personalities.

I hope not, I really don't want that... :s
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    It would also be amazing if we got a beautiful new world. And wouldn't it be so cool if the car rumors came true? Our celebs could get around in a swanky limo. Maybe a super swank Hummer limo.

I feel like guessing there's cars in this pack. And a world where they make good use of the terrain tool.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2018
    I didn't have Sims Superstar, but the Sims 3 version was a PITA for the Celebrity system. I hope this one's better! Given we're getting Terrain tools, too, though, I expect a spectacular world <3
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Nevermind... I take back what I said. This is probably an expansion pack after all! Forgot that SimguruKate said we weren't getting any content at all in October. :( This would have been a good time for Witches, though.. sadface. But that's way too close for an expansion pack and game pack to release.. so, dang... Celebrities after Seasons.. :/ hope next year we get University.

So, yeah.. if it's an expansion (which I wasn't expecting .. because they've been doing one a year.. hope this means that they're going to do two a year now.. especially if Sims 4 has 'only' 3 years of content left. Not saying that's the case, but I'm thinking.. it might be.).. they need to step up their game pack and expansion pack game then. :P I need swimmable beaches, university, witches, something new, vacations, something new, and generations. :)

But if it's an expansion pack - then hoping they'll have lots of career celebrity choices. a Celebrity Chef, painter, as well as the other ones I mentioned previously. :) Probably a month away release.. I hope. :x
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Nevermind... I take back what I said. This is probably an expansion pack after all! Forgot that SimguruKate said we weren't getting any content at all in October. :( This would have been a good time for Witches, though.. sadface. But that's way too close for an expansion pack and game pack to release.. so, dang... Celebrities after Seasons.. :/ hope next year we get University.

So, yeah.. if it's an expansion (which I wasn't expecting .. because they've been doing one a year.. hope this means that they're going to do two a year now.. especially if Sims 4 has 'only' 3 years of content left. Not saying that's the case, but I'm thinking.. it might be.).. they need to step up their game pack and expansion pack game then. :P I need swimmable beaches, university, witches, something new, vacations, something new, and generations. :)

But if it's an expansion pack - then hoping they'll have lots of career celebrity choices. a Celebrity Chef, painter, as well as the other ones I mentioned previously. :) Probably a month away release.. I hope. :x

Remember they had their business model change a few months back. I think they are prioritising bigger content now.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I have nothing to say except: that sim looks like a Candy Behr expy.
    Maybe now she can be that celebrity DJ she's supposed to be.

Right? Where are those people who find hints in everything? Maybe someone should pull up all of the family descriptions and there could be hints there.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    ...can it be tomorrow now, please?