This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Sims Twitter channel teases a Surprise coming tomorrow

12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
Ooh lord have mercy! We're getting a celebrity pack! OH MY GOD!! I'm sooooo darn happy now! We're getting celebrity pack! WOOOOOO!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You developers are so happy! I love you all! *gives them a hug* :)

{EA_Lanna: edited thread title for context}
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2018
    I am kinda hoping it will be a Superstar remake, but I think it will be a Gamepack so I doubt that is going to be the case. :P

    I really enjoyed the Sims 1 Superstar climbing the fame ladder.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    edited October 2018
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Awesome, does anyone have a link? Is there a video?
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I am kinda hoping it will be a Superstar remake, but I think it will be a Gamepack so I doubt that is going to be the case. :P

    I really enjoyed the Sims 1 Superstar climbing the fame ladder.

    This is an EP for sure. We know there won’t be a pack in October (since there isn’t an October patch and they must release a patch first before they can release a pack). GPs are only announced two weeks before release so they wouldn’t announce a GP this early.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,490 Member
    This looks like a movie actor career is coming - I hope it is playable!! Imagine we could make small in-game movies and show them in a cinema ...
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Hopefully cinemas and pool tables return. Maybe even cars!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I am kinda hoping it will be a Superstar remake, but I think it will be a Gamepack so I doubt that is going to be the case. :P

    I really enjoyed the Sims 1 Superstar climbing the fame ladder.

    This is an EP for sure. We know there won’t be a pack in October (since there isn’t an October patch and they must release a patch first before they can release a pack). GPs are only announced two weeks before release so they wouldn’t announce a GP this early.

    This is what I am hoping!

    At least I didn't see this one coming, lol. I was expecting a witches GP.

    This is a nice surprise. :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I just hope that if it's celebrity that it's better than Sims 3's version and you have to actually work for it, not just be friends with another celebrity.

    Love that hair though -- I'll probably be editing a lot of the Asian females the game generates to give them various shades of that hair. And the fencing in the background looks realy cool.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I really hope it's like Sims 1 Superstar and NOT like The Sims 3 Showtime. The Sims 3 Showtime was LAME

    I hated Sims 3 Showtime. I had such high expectations but I ended up disappointed with that pack. I hope they do it right this time! :)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,472 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I really hope it's like Sims 1 Superstar and NOT like The Sims 3 Showtime. The Sims 3 Showtime was LAME

    Yes, this. That was my least favourite pack in TS3.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Awesome, does anyone have a link? Is there a video?

    Just the teaser Tweet -- actual trailer scheduled for tomorrow.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Also, that hair looks new, but all the other clothes look like we already have them.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    First of all, I love that jump suit.

    Second, I really wonder what careers we'll get. The camera could just be for paparazzis, but maybe we'll get a photography or modeling career.

    Speaking of emojis, is this the moment I actually turn old for not understanding what the kids are talking about, but what do you think the light bulb is for? To me, it doesn't seem to fit in with obvious celebrity stuff, but I can't imagine a career or something that could fit into fame and be symbolized by a light bulb.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,490 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I really hope it's like Sims 1 Superstar and NOT like The Sims 3 Showtime. The Sims 3 Showtime was LAME

    No, the small pictograms hint at movies, not at music or acrobats like in Showtimes. I'm curious if a new city world will ship with this pack. The new hairstyle of the guy in red is very 1970s - I love that!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Also, that hair looks new, but all the other clothes look like we already have them.

    I think the jumpsuit on the girl in back (right side of image) is new; it's similar to the ones in CL but it doesn't have the bolero-style jacket.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    First of all, I love that jump suit.

    Second, I really wonder what careers we'll get. The camera could just be for paparazzis, but maybe we'll get a photography or modeling career.

    Speaking of emojis, is this the moment I actually turn old for not understanding what the kids are talking about, but what do you think the light bulb is for? To me, it doesn't seem to fit in with obvious celebrity stuff, but I can't imagine a career or something that could fit into fame and be symbolized by a light bulb.

    I would guess the lightbulb emoji is in reference to the flash from the cameras.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I really hope it's like Sims 1 Superstar and NOT like The Sims 3 Showtime. The Sims 3 Showtime was LAME

    I hated Sims 3 Showtime. I had such high expectations but I ended up disappointed with that pack. I hope they do it right this time! :)

    I loved the three career options -- what I hated was content locked behind Simport (till a modder unlocked it all) and that you lost your abilities after you left the career -- would have liked to have a retired magician doing tricks for the grandkids.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I am kinda hoping it will be a Superstar remake, but I think it will be a Gamepack so I doubt that is going to be the case. :P

    I really enjoyed the Sims 1 Superstar climbing the fame ladder.

    I hope so. Its been 17 years since superstar was released and it hasn't really been "remade" (rehashed?) since. It was a unique pack with a lot of cool features (honestly probably in the top 10 sims EP's). I'm hoping that this pack will be similar. Most importantly I really think sims 4 is the perfect place to bring back movie/TV studios and radio stations with its simi-closed world.

    Now...if we could only get that makin' magic remake.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg


  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    Hey guys, can we keep the comparison comments out and just focus on how awesome this is!!
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I mentioned this in another thread, but maybe terrain tools will be in the pre-patch for this game and they're adding an LA inspired world. We have had pretty big patches with free content before other EPs and I think this could be used to make people want to get the pack more. Kinda like with seasons, where you got a gardering overhaul for free, but if you bought the pack, you got a better gardening overhaul.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,490 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I mentioned this in another thread, but maybe terrain tools will be in the pre-patch for this game and they're adding an LA inspired world. We have had pretty big patches with free content before other EPs and I think this could be used to make people want to get the pack more. Kinda like with seasons, where you got a gardering overhaul for free, but if you bought the pack, you got a better gardening overhaul.

    I don't think so, the terrain patch was scheduled for October at first. This is very likely an EP that will come out in December.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I need more information before I judge.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,734 Member
    That hairstyle is fabulous, giving me futuristic harajuku girl meets Edna Mode vibes, yasss darling.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I mentioned this in another thread, but maybe terrain tools will be in the pre-patch for this game and they're adding an LA inspired world. We have had pretty big patches with free content before other EPs and I think this could be used to make people want to get the pack more. Kinda like with seasons, where you got a gardering overhaul for free, but if you bought the pack, you got a better gardening overhaul.

    I don't think so, the terrain patch was scheduled for October at first. This is very likely an EP that will come out in December.

    They didn't say that the terrain tools specifically were scheduled for October though, because they didn't actually talk about the terrain tools, they just showed them. It could be that the October patch was meant to be the fashion influencer career, they did mention that it wasn't completely finished yet when they showed it off.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top