This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Sims Twitter channel teases a Surprise coming tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    jazminesarahjazminesarah Posts: 44 Member
    Are we sure this is a new pack and not just the preview of the new style influencer career?

Hoping it’s a new pack though. I actually liked having celebrities in all the other Sims.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    In Superstar, we had the following careers: actor, singer, and supermodel. I wonder if this pack would have all of that, or if it would only do supermodel (due to the patch having a modeling/stylist career) and movie star—and then save all of the singer stuff for a full-on band pack?

I really, really want all of them in an EP, but I’m also prepared for some stuff to be cut out, so I’m trying to not to overhype myself (too much, lol).

Still, pretty awesome! :smile:

People forget that we already got the singing skill in CL. It's locked for that EP.

We could get bands in this EP though. It would still make sense to have a recording studio for the bands to record their albums in. They could make it so that singing and any other music instruments work for it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    In Superstar, we had the following careers: actor, singer, and supermodel. I wonder if this pack would have all of that, or if it would only do supermodel (due to the patch having a modeling/stylist career) and movie star—and then save all of the singer stuff for a full-on band pack?

I really, really want all of them in an EP, but I’m also prepared for some stuff to be cut out, so I’m trying to not to overhype myself (too much, lol).

People forget that we already got the singing skill in CL. It's locked for that EP.

We could get bands in this EP though. It would still make sense to have a recording studio for the bands to record their albums in. They could make it so that singing and any other music instruments work for it.
    You never know, they could go and make it free the same way they made photography free in order to be able to do the Simstagram thing for Cats & Dogs.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018

Oh, yes! I totally forgot, whoops, sorry! :anguished: (Haven’t played too much with the singer career so far.)

Probably full-blown working band and big pop star concerts I was thinking of.

I was personally more interested in the Supermodels and actors in Superstar.

So, yeah, bands could totally be a thing. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    Reksoh wrote: »

You never know, they could go and make it free the same way they made photography free in order to be able to do the Simstagram thing for Cats & Dogs.

I guess. But I'm sort of against making a feature I already paid for, free for everyone.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Are we sure this is a new pack and not just the preview of the new style influencer career?

Hoping it’s a new pack though. I actually liked having celebrities in all the other Sims.

I'm not sure they'd be telling us to keep an eye on YouTube if it wasn't something big like a GP/EP would be.

I hope it's an EP though.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member

Singing doesn't necessarily have to be locked for CL. We've had repeat features in packs before. For example, how laundry came with both Ambitions and University in TS3.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I hope we can sign autographs, hold concerts, have small little shows, and have press conference or something like that, and maybe magazines will come back.. OH photo-shoots could have been added upon. Since we have paparazzi - I am sure there is at least some "Tabloid" thing they added. Lol Ohh, could be cool if we could Be the paparazzi, lol. Then we can annoy other celebrities like they did to us in Sims 3! Hehe
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    Reksoh wrote: »

I guess. But I'm sort of against making a feature I already paid for, free for everyone. Not to mention one less feature CL has in it's content.

I'm typically against it as well, but I personally don't mind it as long as the reason serves to enhance the overall experience that i'm going to have with my game. I would be unhappy if something like this stopped celebrities from being able to be singers.
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    @phantom121294 sorry it's out of context but is your Signature a PC? At first I thought it was a hamster cage :sweat_smile::joy:

How did you find out about the Celebrities please?

They posted a GIF on Twitter teasing the pack. There's going to be more news tomorrow on Youtube.

Did you guys notice the new male hair and the two new dresses and romper? A side from the main sim's hairstyle and sweater ofc.Aaaand if you look closely the female paparazzo has a new curly hairstyle.

The one thing I did notice after looking at it closely is the weird mouth thing the red-head on the right side is doing - Is it a bug? Is it a moustache? What is going on there :D

At first I thought it was her tongue, but TS4 sims don't have animated tongs like TS3 sims. Maybe it's a glitch in the animation... :p

It honestly looks like a tongue to me too.
  • Options
    LameBabeLameBabe Posts: 49 Member
    G I R L that jumpsuit on the right is everything 😩😩
    Also, I can't tell for sure, but the sim in the far left edge of the gif looks like they're wearing a long sleeved jumper of sorts??
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    This is one of those packs that seem really fun for a different kind of gameplay experience, but not one I'd use that often. I'm not a big fan of celebrities in real life, but that doesn't mean it's not fun to tell stories like that in the sims. So all in all, I'm excited, but not as excited as I was for Pets and Seasons. :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Not witches? :(

Why do we have to have witches just because it's Halloween? Witches can be a year round thing -- maybe we'll get them in January like we did Vampires in 2017. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Not witches? :(

Why do we have to have witches just because it's Halloween? Witches can be a year round thing -- maybe we'll get them in January like we did Vampires in 2017. B)

This would make me soo happy.
  • Options
    I got this feeling that this is going to be a game pack. (1. We haven't had one release since like March of this year (right?) Jungle Adventure. 2. SimguruNinja works on GamePacks and SimguruKate was talking to him about how he should be looking out for their Youtube Channel next week for a 'sneaky peek' at something or their other social media, basically. Twitter today. Youtube tomorrow).

Which... if this is a game-pack, it has me curious how much of the celebrity system + gameplay they can cram into it (?). I hope bands are possible now; also hope there's a lot of different kinds of "Celebrities" we can be. I got a good feeling about this system just because of how Vampires was done. *IF* it is an actual game pack. Here's hoping we get some new UI to play with :D.

I can do a Rags to Riches Challenge now! Ready for this trailer tomorrow. Hope the release date isn't too far away. D: I will say I was hoping for Witches, but I knew it was too early for that since Grant did that poll not too long ago. :( But it's okay!! Witches will probably be brilliant when they finally release... *shifty eyes at SimguruNinja* The game packs have always been something I'm excited about because I LOVE the focus they put on the content. *crossed fingers*.

Gamepacks are normally announced 2-3 weeks before release. We know there's nothing releasing this month because there is no patch this month (per @SimGuruKate) so no pre-pack patch. It's the right timing for an EP in terms of the production schedule -- announce this week, it releases about a month from now in plenty of time for the holiday shoping season after Thanksgiving in the US. And with the reorganization earlier this year, who can say which SimGuru is working on what project. They can pull developers from any place to work on content for a pack; they had to pull in people from SPs and GPs to work on GT, and I think a lot of developers worked on toddlers as well. I don't think that job responsibilities are quite as set in stone as people think, especially with everyone in the same facility in Redwood Shores so it's easy to shift people around when there's a need.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I guess we can kiss the Road To Fame mod goodbye
  • Options
    Cupid wrote: »
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think it's naive of me to say, but I hope a celebrity/fame pack doesn't overly revolve around "influencers" and simstube personalities.

Lol.. I hadn't thought about it but I could totally see it going in that direction :s

Same. I hope it's not a youtube famous pack gosh that would be a horrible mess. That's not worldwide fame at all. They should be aiming at the star power Hollywood celebrities have. That's making another iconic pack like Superstar. Youtube celebrities are a joke.

What about if the pack enables Sims in any career to become a celebrity? Look at authors like JK Rowling or Stephen King, or artists like Banksty, or athletes like Aaron Judge or Lionel Messi, or chefs like Gordon Ramsey (we've got the Shout Forbidden Words interaction for him already B) ). Maybe even a famous explorer who goes down to the jungles of Selvadorada in search of rare artifacts. I don't want it limited to just the performing arts careers; might be fun playing with Johnny Zest and see if he can make it as a comedian, but I'd like to see one of my writers or business Sims get a taste of fame (good and bad).
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I didn't even know that was a thing until I (mistakenly) read the YouTube comments and people were complaining (again) that EA was "stealing" from the modding community.
  • Options
    I hated the celebrity system in TS3 and I don't want more things that focus on fame and parties in TS4, but maybe I'm just really not the right targeted demographic anymore :| I didn't want a pet Instagram or a style influencer career neither. I want more realistic things and not only play Young Adult Sims who party and get famous.
    I know many people wanted something like this, so I hope they'll enjoy at least. And considering it's an EP I hope there will be more than I think.

If they learned the lessons of Sims 3 and make it where Sims actually have to work to become celebrities, not just become one by default for being friends with a celeb, then it could be a great addition. We have the Social Media careers in CL, so maybe you might have a Sim who becomes an Internet Superstar, but that's just potentially one possible option for Celebrity.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

I didn't even know that was a thing until I (mistakenly) read the YouTube comments and people were complaining (again) that EA was "stealing" from the modding community.

modders invented, patented, and copyrighted fame and celebrities I guess. . .
    6riwm5.png
  • Options

We've had celebrity in The Sims before -- Superstar in Sims 1 and Late Night in Sims 3. Who knows how long they've been conceiving this pack and its features. Maybe the creator of Road to Fame can add features to EA's Fame system that they overlooked. And of course many people don't use mods because they don't want the hassle of having to update it every time there's a patch (not sure if Road to Fame is a script mod which is going to break with the Python 3.7 transition anyway).
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

They did? LOL I have to go check the comments out now
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2018

I saw a comment on Twitter complaining that a celebrity-themed pack isn't good because it's just 'copying' the Road to Fame mod. So stupid. Lots of features in the game have made mods redundant, that's just the way things are.

Some people in the simming community are such babies, honestly.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Woohoo my predictions where right again. And german YouTuber Gronkh was right too.
    So happy about this new fame pack. Hopefully it has some Band System for making some rock/pop bands. And music instruments like electrical guitar and drums.

If this means the return of bands then I would be happy.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    You sim peoples are amazing and great!
    And @EA_Lanna you too! I'm sorry I got frustrated as well.