This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Sims Twitter channel teases a Surprise coming tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I guess we can kiss the Road To Fame mod goodbye

I didn't even know that was a thing until I (mistakenly) read the YouTube comments and people were complaining (again) that EA was "stealing" from the modding community.

They did? LOL I have to go check the comments out now

Yeah, check SimsVIP's YouTube channel.
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    At first I was a bit meh towards this idea because the fame system in TS3 was so annoying but if I get to get the band back together I'll be so happy.

And if they somehow incorporate witches.... :D
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I got this feeling that this is going to be a game pack. (1. We haven't had one release since like March of this year (right?) Jungle Adventure. 2. SimguruNinja works on GamePacks and SimguruKate was talking to him about how he should be looking out for their Youtube Channel next week for a 'sneaky peek' at something or their other social media, basically. Twitter today. Youtube tomorrow).

Which... if this is a game-pack, it has me curious how much of the celebrity system + gameplay they can cram into it (?). I hope bands are possible now; also hope there's a lot of different kinds of "Celebrities" we can be. I got a good feeling about this system just because of how Vampires was done. *IF* it is an actual game pack. Here's hoping we get some new UI to play with :D.

I can do a Rags to Riches Challenge now! Ready for this trailer tomorrow. Hope the release date isn't too far away. D: I will say I was hoping for Witches, but I knew it was too early for that since Grant did that poll not too long ago. :( But it's okay!! Witches will probably be brilliant when they finally release... *shifty eyes at SimguruNinja* The game packs have always been something I'm excited about because I LOVE the focus they put on the content. *crossed fingers*.

Gamepacks are normally announced 2-3 weeks before release. We know there's nothing releasing this month because there is no patch this month (per @SimGuruKate) so no pre-pack patch. It's the right timing for an EP in terms of the production schedule -- announce this week, it releases about a month from now in plenty of time for the holiday shoping season after Thanksgiving in the US. And with the reorganization earlier this year, who can say which SimGuru is working on what project. They can pull developers from any place to work on content for a pack; they had to pull in people from SPs and GPs to work on GT, and I think a lot of developers worked on toddlers as well. I don't think that job responsibilities are quite as set in stone as people think, especially with everyone in the same facility in Redwood Shores so it's easy to shift people around when there's a need.

I mentioned on page 4 that I took back what I said because I remembered that SimguruKate said we weren't getting paid content this month. :)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Let's see if it's worth a 'shut up and take my money' meme! ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    Not witches? :(

Why do we have to have witches just because it's Halloween? Witches can be a year round thing -- maybe we'll get them in January like we did Vampires in 2017. B)

^This (and I want witch content as well!). :smile:

Plus, they just did a poll a few months ago about which supernatural/occult do simmers want a few months ago (or so?), so it’s obviously not a ready pack yet. Why ask such a question if they’re supposedly already working on it?

But I really do hope we get more supernaturals/occults one day! :smile:
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I am so excited. I hope we can hold like celebrity events. I also hope NPC Bodyguards and Assistants are a thing.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I hope we have paparazzi and tabloids also. I did like that part of Late Night. And it could be like major news when celeb sims have babies, marriages, affairs, ect
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    question what do you fine so interesting in celeb in the sims4? honestly I would prefer to see a true vacation expansion pack or uni or even a cruise vacation expansion pack

Basically, Superstar (and other fame packs) stuff. Sims getting famous and recognized, signing autographs, getting into exclusive places or getting photographed, etc.

But I especially love the careers:

Like my Sim being a supermodel, trying on stylish clothing and walking down a fashion catwalk or posing in front of the various backdrops and getting photographed for magazines and such.

https://youtu.be/984Ds0_10i4

And having my Sim doing an acting career with backdrop scenes and such.

https://youtu.be/XOtqEQP1rUs

And, of course, Sims being a pop star/dance star or rock star doing music videos.

https://youtu.be/QV0IKQeX_pA

https://youtu.be/opmyC-oQTN0
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    At first I was happy when I saw the news because I was thinking "Yay, it's not witches, I might actually use this!". Then as I started to think about it I realized that this might be yet another pack that caters to only one part of a sim's life, essentially young adult and adult...maybe elders. I never played any previous sims game so I don't know how kids were treated in the past celebrity themed packs, but I seriously seriously hope kids aren't neglected here. There are child actors and actresses. Heck even toddlers (EX. Little Rascals/Shirley Temple). I would be such a missed opportunity if they only let sims start doing this celebrity stuff when they become young adults. And if they do let kids/teens become celebs, I seriously hope it's not just a Simstagram celebrity type of thing. I'm getting tired of the internet stuff, I want sims to go out and do things.

I'm keeping my expectations really low. I'm already expecting the bare minimum of CAS for kids and nearly nothing for toddlers. I really hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,396 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I really hope it's like Sims 1 Superstar and NOT like The Sims 3 Showtime. The Sims 3 Showtime was LAME

Honestly at my understanding both packs were underwelming for reasons.I like showtime, but we should had regular bands.That import gimick was dumb.Supetstar I admit never play it, but I saw gameplay.It a seem like it was too hard to get up.
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    With all the speculation, I was expecting university or another vacation pack, which I don't mind having necessarily, but I was hoping for witches or some other occult life state that was fleshed out as vampires, since I play with those more. But I won't lie, I'm kinda excited for what they're gonna reveal tomorrow. I liked the acting career and celebrities in Late Night, though I hope they change how celebrity status works. Eventually in Sims 3, all my sims had some sort of celebrity status from hanging out, which was ridiculous. And if it is an expansion, that means we may get a new world. <3
  • Options
    ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    Did not expect to wake up to this news this morning! So excited though. Wouldn't mind if we didn't get this expansion but happy with it and it's good to have something big (hopefully). You'd hope it would be fleshed out considering it's an EP.

Defs Hollywood vibes but not like San Myshuno. More glam. Just read a comment on here yesterday saying the new terrain tools reminded them of Hollywood!
    Thinking they might incorporate a lot of skills like paparazzi for your photography skill, maybe utilitising social media more, stuff with the fashion career that's coming. And then obviously all of the music stuff. Modelling would be cool! New skills too. Maybe that's what the light bulb is about. I just hope it's good. And I'm excited to already have celebs by the time we get a tropical vacay pack. They just need to fix babies already cause celeb babies. Imagine being able to ship celebs in gallery. Active babies would be a plus! Can't wait to find out more about everything. Media/tabloids, reputation, new skills, careers, the new world. Ahhhhhh
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    Right now all I'm thinking about is the world that is coming with this pack and the new premade townies coming with this world. Possible careers coming with this pack could be singer,actor,actress and director.

I'm hoping this pack delivers actual working cinemas our sims can go on dates to and photobooths.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    First of all, I love that jump suit.

Second, I really wonder what careers we'll get. The camera could just be for paparazzis, but maybe we'll get a photography or modeling career.

Speaking of emojis, is this the moment I actually turn old for not understanding what the kids are talking about, but what do you think the light bulb is for? To me, it doesn't seem to fit in with obvious celebrity stuff, but I can't imagine a career or something that could fit into fame and be symbolized by a light bulb.

Lights camera action? Something like that I think. So excited! I've been wanting a pack themed around celebrities because it means we might get an actual singer career, maybe some acting!

Yes, this. The first three icons are "Lights, Camera, Action!" The classic movie-making line. Movie stars it is.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,658 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Woohoo my predictions where right again. And german YouTuber Gronkh was right too.
    So happy about this new fame pack. Hopefully it has some Band System for making some rock/pop bands. And music instruments like electrical guitar and drums.

If this means the return of bands then I would be happy.

couldn't agree more! really, really miss jamming with fellow band members and sims in general! loved going to bars and performing for the crowd! :)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Looking again at the little emojis, I see Lights, Camera, Action! like @1need4kaffee, and also Fans, and the camera is probably Paparazzi. Given all the feedback from TS3, the last will probably be less annoying. Can't wait until tomorrow to get more details.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,096 Member
    I refuse to get excited about this pack till we get a yes or no on bands but I'm happy that its not University or Witches so there's that
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm just glad that at least, my Sims can now pose for the camera...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    My predictions for the world is a World similar to Starlight Shores in TS3 Showtime with a beach,palm trees and a small city. I just hope that they've made this ocean swimmable. This is a new world there is no reason they couldn't have.
  • Options
    My predictions for the world is a World similar to Starlight Shores in TS3 Showtime with a beach,palm trees and a small city. I just hope that they've made this ocean swimmable. This is a new world there is no reason they couldn't have.

a world with a lot of beach front and a huge park where you could practice with your band would be awesome! B)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,587 Member
    maybe you should consider the fact that not everything might be in the ep some of the content might be added later in a stuff pack or a game pack, when cats and dogs came out did you expect hamsters would be in the cats and dogs expansion pack from day one they where added in a stuff pack sure some players might have high expectation for this ep but my advice is that you wait and see the official trailer before jumping to conclusion on hat will be in the game.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    First of all, I love that jump suit.

Second, I really wonder what careers we'll get. The camera could just be for paparazzis, but maybe we'll get a photography or modeling career.

Speaking of emojis, is this the moment I actually turn old for not understanding what the kids are talking about, but what do you think the light bulb is for? To me, it doesn't seem to fit in with obvious celebrity stuff, but I can't imagine a career or something that could fit into fame and be symbolized by a light bulb.

The first three emojis represent "Lights, camera, action!"
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    maybe you should consider the fact that not everything might be in the ep some of the content might be added later in a stuff pack or a game pack, when cats and dogs came out did you expect hamsters would be in the cats and dogs expansion pack from day one they where added in a stuff pack sure some players might have high expectation for this ep but my advice is that you wait and see the official trailer before jumping to conclusion on hat will be in the game.

you make a very good point.

for me at least, it is fun to dream and speculate.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,096 Member
    I'd love to see that but I doubt a swimmable beach would be added to the budget of a celebrity pack... if they are going to add cars now would be the time or celebrities wont ride in limos they will poof.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

well duh thats the point of having a thread created in speculation & rumor
    6riwm5.png