Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    When you're tired and all you can think is, "Wow my energy meter is getting low."
    Yes, and when that last cup of coffee wears off, you wonder how you are going to cope with the resulting Buzz Crash for the next three hours. :p

And then you remember that you ate Maui Bean that doesn't give any :wink:
  • Options
    pigletpooh1pigletpooh1 Posts: 231 Member
    When you dream about one of your Sims' death, and have to wake up abd check that it didn't really happen lol/
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    When you're tired and all you can think is, "Wow my energy meter is getting low."
    Yes, and when that last cup of coffee wears off, you wonder how you are going to cope with the resulting Buzz Crash for the next three hours. :p

I usually play with one of my baby dragons to replenish my energy. But I have to be able to go into a private location to do that because otherwise people will stare at us. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options

I usually play with one of my baby dragons to replenish my energy. But I have to be able to go into a private location to do that because otherwise people will stare at us. ;)

Oh, wow, I have yet to discover that! Sounds promising :smiley:
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    When someone starts a thread asking, I heard a rumor there was a roller coaster in TS3. Is this a thing? If so, where can I get it? and you immediately answer back with a link to the Boardwalk store set... I mean, that's fine, most of us could do that.

Of course, when you also feel compelled to explain the Daily Deal cycle and spreadsheet and how the OP can get the Boardwalk for 50% off in this one little two hour window a month away, well, maybe you just have a bit of a habit. Nothing too harmful, right?

But when the OP responds with, Thanks, but I can't really get up at 3 am on a work day just to buy some set at a discount, and you honestly don't understand why that would possibly be an issue... okay, you might actually be an addict.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    But when the OP responds with, Thanks, but I can't really get up at 3 am on a work day just to buy some set at a discount, and you honestly don't understand why that would possibly be an issue... okay, you might actually be an addict.

Oh, just have your phone browser already open to the daily deal page. Then when the alarm goes off, wait for it to refresh and hit the Buy button. Five minutes then go back to sleep.

• Options
    When, with null prior knowledge or interest, you find that you now know things like two RAM sticks are better than one even if they amount to the same memory, that certain graphic cards are quieter than others, and that SSD have faster launching speed even for in-game levels than HDD - only because you wanted (hrm, needed) to play a game.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When someone post a picture of himself fishing and you wonder where is the blue skill bar.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    If you didn’t think of a certain town on the Sims 3 Store when you saw this photo, you’re lying.
    q4GjPDA.jpg
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Appaloosa Plains, obviously. ;)@TinySpaceFox

:lol:
  • Options
    Appaloosa Plains, obviously. ;)@TinySpaceFox

:lol:
    Really? I was thinking Lunar Lakes. :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    BowladyBowlady Posts: 4 New Member
    I haven't been playing Sims 3 very long. I'm a fairly new player but you know you're addicted when you have all the cheats memorized and don't have to look them up anymore.
  • Options
    When you're too wound up to sleep, so you decide to play some soothing music to help you relax, and you decide to listen to your favorite TS3 Map View tracks, and in only a few minutes, your mind starts to clear and you feel okay again.

...And you don't need to go through the trouble of downloading it onto your phone—your brain already knows every note of the music and can play it back on command, no outside help necessary.
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you are at a wedding and have the urgent need to pull some people (including the bride) into CaSt, because their outfits are obviously randomly chosen.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    When you are at a wedding and have the urgent need to pull some people (including the bride) into CaSt, because their outfits are obviously randomly chosen.
    It isn't just restricted to weddings, this happens to me all the time. Even at the supermarket, there's a couple of them around here I'm not allowed to shop in anymore because of things like this. :'(
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    When you make a joke with all its references to the sims and the people around you understand it.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited October 2018
    ...when you go to the problem of looking up Photoshop Youtube videos so that you can make a awesome looking background for your Sims. :D

SW_MaraJade_Render.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    If you didn’t think of a certain town on the Sims 3 Store when you saw this photo, you’re lying.
    q4GjPDA.jpg

and if you never heard of it?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Then one might say that you are not a TS3 addict as per the thread's subject line? There are only 11 TS3 store worlds, this one (the real one, not the ones we were joking about prior) was/is free for all who have a registered copy of the game. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    When you take your computer in for repairs (because it somehow already has a dead pixel despite being less than a year old), and Mr. genius bar says sure we'll fix it for free (thank goodness), we can have it done in 8-10 days (WHAT?!), and he sees the panic on your face, and he says okay, how about this: we can order the part first, and then you can bring it in and it might only take 3-5 days from there (slightly better, but you're still hyperventilating), and he suggests that maybe you can drop it off on a Friday, it's easier to be without your laptop over the weekend, right? and all you're thinking is, but you don't understand...

I'm getting the shakes a bit just writing about it.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict ...and then you start wondering how you can go about working a permanent dead pixel into your TS3 storyline?

I am kind of surprised that such a repair at an on-site Apple Store (or the equivalent) isn't just a couple of hours, while you wait kind of thing. They have to order parts? Is there another repair location within reach?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor They apparently need to replace the entire display, and I decided to take it to a very busy Apple store, so it might just be a question of waiting in an overly long line before it's my computer's turn. Oh, and if they make one tiny little mistake, they'll end up having to replace the entire logic board as well (speaking of me hyperventilating). (Yes, I have backups. Still.)

There are plenty of other Apple stores (an alarming amount), and some other options too. But the quality of the Apple stores varies a lot more than it should. And I don't trust the third-party repair shops around here, certified or not.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Then one might say that you are not a TS3 addict as per the thread's subject line? There are only 11 TS3 store worlds, this one (the real one, not the ones we were joking about prior) was/is free for all who have a registered copy of the game. :)

my response to this,

my point, somebody could simply have not remembered the name of any of sims 3 town, or not heard of it, that would not make them a liar ;)
    what might be obvious to some sims addicts, might not to others.
    I own every sims 3 world and I can't remember all the names unless I check lol.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited October 2018
    @marcel21 - Okay granted, "lying" might be a bit harsh but I am certain that @TinySpaceFox didn't really mean that in a serious, unfriendly kind of way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    @marcel21 I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to insult anyone with my post. Not being able to recall the name of a Sims 3 town does not make anyone a liar at all, I was just trying to keep with the joking nature of most of the posts in this thread.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top