Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    MKSizzle wrote: »
    I want to share it with other people but there is not gonna be anyone who can watch it and actually give a plum about them and it makes me sad. But I do go back and watch it myself, and I just recently did and I kinda teared up when I saw Adam, who just recently died in my game.
    As players, we can often tell how important sims are to someone else just by hearing/reading them talk about them. Does your slideshow have captions? Or maybe it could use a voice-over in addition to the music?

One reason I had to stop following @Mikezumi's posts on the Elder thread (I think it was) is that I liked her sims and kept getting attached to them myself, but they kept aging up and dying too quickly for my tastes because she plays on such (relatively) short lifespans in that game.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    @igazor I never thought of using captions or anything like that to tell the story. It wasn't initially meant for anyone else to watch but myself. I was just feeling a tad silly make it in the first place but I made the comment that no one else would care really is because they weren't there to watch. I think if I did share it with others, captions or a v/o would take away from the sentimental aspect of it. I do think I am going to continue my legacy story again. I stopped because it was extra work for my computer because of the posing and having to exit the game every time I did so because I would use moveobjects on them (and I know you said it was a no-no so I listened to you!!
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    When you're half-reading a frivolous article as your eyes keep sliding out of focus, and you idly scroll down, and there's a photo of someone's kitchen, and you think, nice, they have a MinusOne Kelvin refrigerator! before realizing no, that's a SubZero, and this photo is from real life.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    edited July 2018
    When you're half-reading a frivolous article as your eyes keep sliding out of focus, and you idly scroll down, and there's a photo of someone's kitchen, and you think, nice, they have a MinusOne Kelvin refrigerator! before realizing no, that's a SubZero, and this photo is from real life.

@puzzleaddict , yes! I was looking at a photo of a kitchen in one of those glossy interior decoration magazines, and I thought: "Oh, they used the Bayside kitchen set from the Store, I like that one too!"

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When someone at your work wears a red and white plaid shirt and you just can't see this anymore.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    When you get a new fridge and see this…
    rzCUnon.jpg

…and the first thing you think of is the supermarket in Sunset Valley.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    When it's league night and you have to set an alarm and check to be sure you can access the Sims 3 Store on your phone before you will commit to going because the next item on your quest to own the store is up on Daily Deal.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @1need4kaffee LOL I did the same thing last night. I was out to dinner with some people, and I'd set my phone's alarm for when the DD started. It went off at the table, and the first thing I thought was, how much longer is this going to take? Aren't you all just about done talking by now? Some of us have things to do stuff to buy.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @1need4kaffee LOL I did the same thing last night. I was out to dinner with some people, and I'd set my phone's alarm for when the DD started. It went off at the table, and the first thing I thought was, how much longer is this going to take? Aren't you all just about done talking by now? Some of us have things to do stuff to buy.

:lol: The perfect time to excuse yourself for a bathroom break. :wink: Gents or ladies??!! :lol:
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    :lol: The perfect time to excuse yourself for a bathroom break. :wink: Gents or ladies??!! :lol:
    This is referencing a discussion on a different thread for those who might not be following it.

And @ZeeGee nice try, but you know the answer is most likely going to be, "Yes, one of those." Can we not work out these questions in such a way that they can only be answered, if they are going to be answered at all, to reveal information instead of going around in circles? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • enterprise1927enterprise1927 Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2018
    Play TS1 since 2000. Skip TS2. Play TS3 again in July 2010 and spend time on troubleshooting more than play the game itself...
    Become PC enthusiast due to TS3. Constantly upgrade CPU / motherboard / RAM / GPU / monitor and even going for full custom water cooling because fear that TS3 will burn my PC.
    Also meet my wife due to TS3...
    i9-9900K @ 5Ghz core / 4.7Ghz uncore
    16GB Dual Ranks Hynix AFR @ 3500Mhz 16-18-18-36-2T
    ASRock Z370 Taichi
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 @ 2126Mhz core / 12600Mhz mem
    Transcend 220S 1TB NVME SSD / 4TB Seagate HDD
    Corsair HX 750W
    Custom water cooling
    NZXT H440
    Acer XR341CK 3440x1440 75Hz G-Sync compatible

@ZeeGee Ohh! Nice try! Has anyone got it right yet @puzzlezaddict ? I'll have to go back and read that thread.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you make a photo of the thermometer in your office which shows 30 °C (86°F), want to send it to someone and search for an appropriate emoji to accompany it, and after a while of searching and not finding it, you realize, that the picture you were searching for is no emoji, but the "sweating profusely" moodlet.

(As a side note, I have that moodlet all the time at the moment. It´s so hot.)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • NubianOnyxNubianOnyx Posts: 33 Member
    When your Sims 3 content takes up 75% of your computer space. lol :D
    When it's league night and you have to set an alarm and check to be sure you can access the Sims 3 Store on your phone before you will commit to going because the next item on your quest to own the store is up on Daily Deal.

One time I scheduled 8 weeks in advance and at the same day I got up at about 4am to pick this download. Now I don't even remember what it was (perhaps Sunlit Tides? yes, it was worth it). Oh, but the rush of hunting is worth everything :blush:
    When you special order (very expensive) 17" x 22" fade-out vellum graph paper from an art store so you can more easily design multi-story Sim houses with overlay to see how the layers work together. :|:#
    When you special order (very expensive) 17" x 22" fade-out vellum graph paper from an art store so you can more easily design multi-story Sim houses with overlay to see how the layers work together. :|:#

@1need4kaffee I use regular graph paper and I always have to go back and forth. You have just given me an idea... From 1 Sims 3 addict to another. ;)

@MKSizzle Uh oh! Don't hate me when you see the price!!
    @1need4kaffee Haha I bet it is a little out of my budget limits. It's ok. I will just have to keep using my cheap graph paper. The fact that I even have that sounds a little geeky. I didn't buy it for the Sims though. I actually have it still from another lifetime when I was taking Calculus in school. At least one part of that class came in handy... LOL.

@MKSizzle I choked a bit when I ordered it, but thought, "Darn it! I don't come close to wasting as much money as my husband..." o:)o:)
    When in hectic times you need your sims to calm you down.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    When in hectic times you need your sims to calm you down.

^Ditto! It's such a stress reliever for me to play. A way to decompress. :relaxed:

Being a wife and raising a kid is HARD WORK! :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    When you call the mii's on wii "sims"... haha, I was playing wii sports with my bf and there was 3 mii's on the screen, me, him, and some other random person and I said "Look there's you, me, and some other random sim" and he said "mii" and I said "I got you already, I said YOU, me, and some other random sim"... we went back and forth for a bit, til I realized. I had to share this haha.
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    When you're moving across the country and your carry on is reserved for things you wouldn't trust with a moving company, like your jewelry, your signed copy of 'Tell No One' by Harlan Coben, and, last but not least, your Sims 3 discs.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you attend a big birthday party where you don´t know most of the guests, and after some time there´s the "too many people" loner moodlet flashing before your eyes.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top