Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When friends invite you to go out exactly the night you planned to play, and they say to you "Come on, what else do you have to do?"
    Go explain to them that you are in extreme Sims deprivation....
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    There is a joke I saw in other forum-

In a job interview:
    Interviewer: So what did you learn?
    Interviewee: Architecture and interior design.
    Interviewer: Really? Where did you learn?
    Interviewee: In the Sims.

(BTW two non-simmer friends also sent this to me :lol: )
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    ^^^ This reminded me of my daughter.
    She changed college courses from cosmetology to design because of Sims 3. :D
    She ultimately went with automotive design and has a degree in CAD.
  • TessgirlsTessgirls Posts: 15 Member
    You see someone's sandals in real life and they are so ugly and then realize ...like Sims sandals!
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Well, I just spent almost US$200 upgrading my PC. It wasn't only for Sims 3, but that's a large part of it.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When your favourite youtubers release a new Sims 4 video and you get really eager to play. Then you boot up your pc and start up the Sims 3, despite owning the Sims 4.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I have just been catching up on this thread and find all your answers hilarious :) As I am normally kitting out worlds at the moment I am always dreaming about what will go where next however I have spoken Simlish to my cat for years for some reason and recently a neighbor's 10 year old grandson came round for something and I heard him ask "did you just speak Simlish to your cat" lol
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    When you're moving across the country and your carry on is reserved for things you wouldn't trust with a moving company, like your jewelry, your signed copy of 'Tell No One' by Harlan Coben, and, last but not least, your Sims 3 discs.

And to add to that, when you can't fit all your jewelry and your Sims 3 discs into the carry on, so most of the jewelry goes on the truck. :grimace:
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    When you just bought your very first item from Ebay, and wonder if there's a badge for that. :D
  • AnkieACAnkieAC Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2023
    deleted
    Post edited by AnkieAC on
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited August 2018
    When you read the word 'plum' and wonder what's been censored out :lol:
    That just happened to me while I was reading the daily news.

Well to be fair the sentence "Julie ... tipped for plum new role" seems odd to me.

Edit: I just discovered that a 'plum job' is a contract or role that a lot of people would like. The more you know :wink:
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    coco wrote: »
    When you read the word 'plum' and wonder what's been censored out :lol:
    I tend to have a very difficult time in my grocery store's produce section, usually my favorite part, this time of year because the real "plums" are in season. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • tiny_ikaratiny_ikara Posts: 200 Member
    When you see something neat in a shop but it costs too much and you think all money cheats with passion.
    I may have already mentioned this one. But when you do up the annual estimates for new technology equipment at work for the management team to approve, they stare at you like you have lost your mind, and you suddenly realize you have provided the quotes in Simoleons instead of the currency we actually use here. :blush:
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @igazor

awesome :):):)
  • junipertreesjunipertrees Posts: 43 Member
    When you stare at all the houses that go past while riding in the car and wonder if you can recreate it in the game.

Yes!!!! @HappySimmer3 I try to remember the street name and look it up on Google Maps afterwards :D
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Ensuring your new computer has an SSD as well as a specific graphics card. Regardless of what other function that computer may be used for, if it isn't optimized for TS3, it isn't getting purchased. And then arguing with and requesting different salesperson at computer store over statement that "any computer can run TS3 - that's an old game. You shouldn't be basing your specs on that." Yes, said argument actually took place and yes, I requested a different sales person. lol
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    When you get home after midnight and realize you forgot to set your phone alarm for that Daily Deal you wanted at 10:30 pm. You blearily log into the Sims 3 Store and buy the item with 23 seconds to spare before going to crash!
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    ....And then arguing with and requesting different salesperson at computer store over statement that "any computer can run TS3 - that's an old game. You shouldn't be basing your specs on that." Yes, said argument actually took place and yes, I requested a different sales person. lol

I get this from my husband all the time. Don't take it personally! Just say "bless your heart" and move along. ;)
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    ....And then arguing with and requesting different salesperson at computer store over statement that "any computer can run TS3 - that's an old game. You shouldn't be basing your specs on that." Yes, said argument actually took place and yes, I requested a different sales person. lol

I get this from my husband all the time. Don't take it personally! Just say "bless your heart" and move along. ;)

Yeah, I don't play that - but we all deal with things differently. If I were Southern, I'd go with bless your heart, but on me it just sounds ridiculous. lol
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you have absolut no need to name a baby of your own anytime soon, but have several babyname websites bookmarked.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2018
    You ask your friend to send you two stuff packs when she mentions she's shopping for a birthday gift for you. (legit-happened today.) My birthdays slightly over a month away. (10/29)
    PS: I asked her to pick out of two I wanted the most: Master Suite and Outdoor Living.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    When you have to talk about what you have written on a task "What if the real life was like a game" or something like that in the school and you only talk about The Sims in front of the class while others talk about their childhood games (like hide and seek).
  • Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    When you're tired and all you can think is, "Wow my energy meter is getting low."
    When you're tired and all you can think is, "Wow my energy meter is getting low."
    Yes, and when that last cup of coffee wears off, you wonder how you are going to cope with the resulting Buzz Crash for the next three hours. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top