Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just wanted to you all thank you!<3

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Several years ago I spent many weeks in a coma on life support after contracting a deadly virus. I've had a rare form of cancer too. I've always loved gaming and, after all the trauma I've faced, thought life is too short not to go out and buy a high-end laptop so I can play TS4.

I'm just happy to be alive and enjoy keeping up to date on these forums and seeing other simmers enjoying the game too.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    @hunniboo1 and @jimmysnan, you both have all of my good thoughts and wishes going out to you! I'm glad the sims lightens you day and troubles. I understand that completely, I just finished chemo for cancer and I know playing and especially building stuff in the sims helped keep me sane and functional. :) Hugs to you both!

I wish you peace,and a full recovery. Cancer is cruel
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you @jimmysnan for your good wishes.

Every time I hear about how rude and nasty people are on-line to each other, something like this thread restores my faith that there are many more kind and decent folks around. All of you have made me smile today. I think this is proof the Sims 4 community is generally pretty amazing. :)

PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I know you guys see me around a lot but I never said why...For the past year at the age of 24 now 25 I have battled a serious lung disease called aspergillus that has no cure. I have been hospitalized 9 times since last year. During this time I found myself playing TS4 a lot as it always gave me an escape from the reality I am dealing with even if it is only a temporary peace of mind. There are some days I cannot get out of bed but my kids are my reasons for steadily pushing through.

So to make a long story short you guys in a way give me a boost too. Every topic I post you guys give me a good lot of responses. You also give me many laughs too lol. So even as strangers who do not know me from a can of paint it means alot. So thank you<3. And I'm sorry I may irk some of you with my constant posting :D

Hugs and well wishes to you. <3
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Bless all fighting the good fight and letting the Sims bring a smile. Simmers really are some of the best people and we can thank these games for letting us share in amazing friendships and so many caring souls.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    we have some new packs to look forward to pretty soon I think other wise I don't think they would have let SimGuruNinja show the hair
    so you could always ponder what that might be even when your not playing :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited September 2018
    I wish the best for you. I'm sorry you are going through this. I am grateful to have such a caring community such as this forum.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited September 2018
    I love seing how the game (and the forums) helps so many of you evade from real life, that can sometimes plum big time.
    I wish you all the fighters in this thread the best <3
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    @hunniboo1 You aren't irking with your posting at all! I love seeing what you have to say and your responses too. I like it on here as well, even though I mainly lurk. I think you're doing an amazing job of fighting your illness and it seems that many can relate to having some kind of physical difficulty as well on here (myself included). Keep fighting, keep playing and chatting and keep being awesome because you know you are :)
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    @hunniboo1 , as others have said I too am mostly a lurker on the forums. I ALWAYS enjoy a funny post or someone enlightening me with something I didn't know about the game. I have chronic illnesses, nothing like you and @jimmysnan are going through but I can completely understand wanting to escape reality even if for an hour or two. I've always loved the forums except when people are nasty to each other. So please, keep bringing your sunshine and know that you've also helped everyone else by brightening their day! Too bad there's not a "brighten day" emote on here, lol.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Sending you hugs ❤️ As many already have said, Sims has been a great help to many. For me, it was something I could use to relax and have some space from grieving when my mother died last year.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I think one of the reasons the sims stands out is the incredible community behind it. What a wonderful, crazy and passionate group of people. I am grateful I found such a family.

@hunniboo1 and @jimmysnan I enjoy both your posts. You both brighten my day and I look forward to hearing from you.
  • Options
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    Sending you hugs ❤️ As many already have said, Sims has been a great help to many. For me, it was something I could use to relax and have some space from grieving when my mother died last year.

So sorry for your loss
  • Options
    michelei wrote: »
    I think one of the reasons the sims stands out is the incredible community behind it. What a wonderful, crazy and passionate group of people. I am grateful I found such a family.

@hunniboo1 and @jimmysnan I enjoy both your posts. You both brighten my day and I look forward to hearing from you.

Well thank you. I appreciate you too
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Several years ago I spent many weeks in a coma on life support after contracting a deadly virus. I've had a rare form of cancer too. I've always loved gaming and, after all the trauma I've faced, thought life is too short not to go out and buy a high-end laptop so I can play TS4.

I'm just happy to be alive and enjoy keeping up to date on these forums and seeing other simmers enjoying the game too.

I'm happy your alive and posting on the forums
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    @hunniboo1 I enjoy your posts and I think it's a lovely contribution of positivity to the forums. I'm glad to hear that you get some much-needed boosts of optimism from us. Feel free to keep on sharing. :)

I wish you the very best of health, and may you always have the strength to persevere. <3

@jimmysnan I'm sorry you're going through so much. It sounds like you both have come very far with your health battles. May you and your husband continue to beat the odds and live on in happiness.

Peace and hugs to you all. <3

If he could move his body he would not be so depressed. I retired so we could travel and do things I retired and all plum broke loose.
  • Options
    lsnishi wrote: »
    @hunniboo1 and @jimmysnan, you both have all of my good thoughts and wishes going out to you! I'm glad the sims lightens you day and troubles. I understand that completely, I just finished chemo for cancer and I know playing and especially building stuff in the sims helped keep me sane and functional. :) Hugs to you both!

Thank you
  • Options
    @hunniboo1 , as others have said I too am mostly a lurker on the forums. I ALWAYS enjoy a funny post or someone enlightening me with something I didn't know about the game. I have chronic illnesses, nothing like you and @jimmysnan are going through but I can completely understand wanting to escape reality even if for an hour or two. I've always loved the forums except when people are nasty to each other. So please, keep bringing your sunshine and know that you've also helped everyone else by brightening their day! Too bad there's not a "brighten day" emote on here, lol.

There are no levels of what people are going through. Every trial is the biggest thing in your life. I hope you find peace with yours.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    @hunniboo1 I enjoy your posts and I think it's a lovely contribution of positivity to the forums. I'm glad to hear that you get some much-needed boosts of optimism from us. Feel free to keep on sharing. :)

I wish you the very best of health, and may you always have the strength to persevere. <3

@jimmysnan I'm sorry you're going through so much. It sounds like you both have come very far with your health battles. May you and your husband continue to beat the odds and live on in happiness.

Peace and hugs to you all. <3

If he could move his body he would not be so depressed. I retired so we could travel and do things I retired and all plum broke loose.

I'm sorry to hear that. Some illnesses are very difficult to bear. I hope that you both find comfort in each other's company and some peace in the time you have together.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I am currently having one of my flare ups with my MRSA and may be ending up back in the hospital. I then remembered this thread...I been reading these positive comments over and over all day long. They have made me smile and made my day all over again. Thanks again everyone<3
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I’m so sorry to hear about what you’re going through, OP. I wish you, your family, and anyone else who is suffering in any way the best. :heart: I’m very happy to hear that you feel so embraced and welcomed by the community. I also find the Sims to be somewhat cathartic and an escape from reality when times get hard, so I’m sure many here can relate in that sense. I hope you start feeling better soon and that you’ll continue to find joy in the midst of your medical troubles.

P.S. Don’t ever feel like you’re “irking” anyone by posting frequently. You’re very welcome here! :smile:
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I am currently having one of my flare ups with my MRSA and may be ending up back in the hospital. I then remembered this thread...I been reading these positive comments over and over all day long. They have made me smile and made my day all over again. Thanks again everyone<3

I wish you the best of health and recovery. Good luck to you and stay strong. I look forward to your new threads when you return. ((Hugs!)) :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @hunniboo1 we all send our good wishes and thoughts for your recovery. We do miss you and hope for your return. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member

I send hugs to you <3 as you have the flare up of your health condition. May softly scented flower petals encircle your heart to bring comfort and to encourage you through all that your days are holding with your health.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I know many of us here have issues and it is a great place to get together over a common interest and lighten the day. There are so many wonderful people here.

*sending pink fluffy hugs, a comfy pillow and a warm blanket to all* Oh, and just because...

44q.gif