Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just wanted to you all thank you!<3

I know you guys see me around a lot but I never said why...For the past year at the age of 24 now 25 I have battled a serious lung disease called aspergillus that has no cure. I have been hospitalized 9 times since last year. During this time I found myself playing TS4 a lot as it always gave me an escape from the reality I am dealing with even if it is only a temporary peace of mind. There are some days I cannot get out of bed but my kids are my reasons for steadily pushing through.

So to make a long story short you guys in a way give me a boost too. Every topic I post you guys give me a good lot of responses. You also give me many laughs too lol. So even as strangers who do not know me from a can of paint it means alot. So thank you<3. And I'm sorry I may irk some of you with my constant posting :D
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited September 2018
    I can relate 3xs cancer and Sims helped me pull through husband has terminal brain cancer glioblastoma and I am caregiver. Computer aught fire,and took the top floor of my house. I have had the Sims to help me stay sane and pull through.
    Hope you begin to feel better. Keep playing the distraction helps.
    And please no thanks are necessary we all need the outlet
    Glad this game and forum are there for you.
    Blessings
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    God bless both of you. I'm glad the sims could be there for you to take your minds off reality, if only for a little while. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    @hunniboo1 Please don't apologize. It's posters like you who help to keep this forum going. I check here everyday to see what's new. It's also a way for me to learn some things I've yet to come across as I play my game. I play this game to relax, primarily, but it also helped as I was convalescing from a ruptured brain aneurysm. I do hope you and jimmysnan keep your spirits up and that you both find yourselves in better health, soon.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2018
    Many of us have been there/done that/got the T-shirt. The Sims 4 gives many of us a chance at a sense of control when life is out of control. Just do what you can where you are, and we'll all be there cheering you on. :)<3
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    @jimmysnan : oh dear my heart breaks for you...one thing I have learned is that you never know how strong you can be until it is time<3

@bshag4lv: thank you so much <3

@GalacticGal: thank you love and it's good to know this game can be an escape for others as well. I try to post what I can as long as I know it will be a good topic lol.

@stilljustme2: thank you love<3
    2llotup.jpg
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    @jimmysnan : oh dear my heart breaks for you...one thing I have learned is that you never know how strong you can be until it is time<3

@bshag4lv: thank you so much <3

@GalacticGal: thank you love and it's good to know this game can be an escape for others as well. I try to post what I can as long as I know it will be a good topic lol.

@stilljustme2: thank you love<3

It does not have to be a good topic we love having others to talk to and share. I can't say it is strength on my part basically it is necessary.
    My cancer is in remission. My husband's not so much he cannot walk but has outlived the 18 months they gave him.
    We just have to stay optimistic.
    This games target audience is for a lot younger than me (70) but it seems to help all ages and people to overcome a lot of problems. Post here whenever and on my wall to say hi. I care how you are doing
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I love seeing people so active on the forums. While my story is nothing compared to anyone here, I've found myself falling in love with the community I'm finding here on the forums. I understand a lot of people probably only see the negative threads, but there is a wealth of beautiful stories and such to find in these forums, so if it's bringing you some peace, please, continue. Your being here is bringing joy to anyone you're interacting with here, myself very much included. I keep coming back because every day is something new and wonderful, and this is filling a void in my life that I was beginning to think would always be a void. So thank you.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I absolutely love your threads and posts! :heart:

The Sims is a big escape for me too. Keep on threadin' and Simming! :blush:
    giphy.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    You've started a lot of really good threads.. Dear Little Sims made me out loud a few times and there have been others. If it distracts you and keeps you occupied (like the game can) when you need it ...use it. Many of us me included have used the sims and the forums to weather storms in our lives.
    Sending you good wishes from this simmer.
    egTcBMc.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    @hunniboo1 I enjoy your posts and I think it's a lovely contribution of positivity to the forums. I'm glad to hear that you get some much-needed boosts of optimism from us. Feel free to keep on sharing. :)

I wish you the very best of health, and may you always have the strength to persevere. <3

@jimmysnan I'm sorry you're going through so much. It sounds like you both have come very far with your health battles. May you and your husband continue to beat the odds and live on in happiness.

Peace and hugs to you all. <3
    #Team Occult
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Oh you guys have made me cry...they are happy tears tho. Good to know there is such a good support system here <3
    2llotup.jpg
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I wish all the best for you. Stay strong
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    the sims is a great source to help people honesty. even though i never had anything serious like a few on here but it helped me through a lot in my life. i suffer from bad anxiety and when i need to calm down i play the sims more so my simself with my old dog tasha as seen in my icon. it just makes me feel like i can control things and it makes me feel better. the sims been there for me since around 2009 and helped me a lot. i remember doing a report on the sims once in grade 10 :D
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    I'm glad the forum is a nice place for you to socialize! Your threads are always so nice and really get people talking!

I wish you all the best. Fight on!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    edited September 2018
    Like the others I enjoy your threads. Even though these forums are sometimes quite frustrating post like this make me so happy and remind me of how wonderful this community can be. I wish nothing but good health and happiness for everyone here.
    Post edited by LolaLuvsSims on
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I too love seeing you and your threads on these forums. <3 It can be a little negatve here sometimes but people like you keep me coming back and your threads never fail to make me laugh or smile. I wish you the best and hope to keep seeing you around here.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I personally love seeing new threads being made on this forum :)

You are a very sweet person, I wish the best for you. <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello :) I send hugs to you <3 I am glad that playing The Sims and posting on the forums is helping you through your health condition and it’s effects on your body and life.
    Thankyou for bringing your own special touch of specialness to the forums <3
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    edited September 2018
    @hunniboo1 I've been enjoying your posts. And your polls!

9W7RD3W.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I hope you get past it. :) It's nice that you find solace in the game and on these forums (even if things can get heated sometimes, lol)

And hey, I know we're not supposed to talk about these things here, but we're more or less the same age. :smiley:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I get you 100%. As someone who was diagnosed with a rare liver disease (genetic) I support you all the way. Keep posting and playing and no need to apologize. By the out pouring of kind words here know you have a community of people of people you have never met IRL standing behind you all the way. Blessings.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Hugs & kisses! <3
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I also look forward to your posts, and glad that you are on this forum! As others have said, there are some negative ones that can really make this forum less appealing so I'm glad there are people like you here and share your appreciation for this game. Best wishes!
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @hunniboo1 and @jimmysnan, you both have all of my good thoughts and wishes going out to you! I'm glad the sims lightens you day and troubles. I understand that completely, I just finished chemo for cancer and I know playing and especially building stuff in the sims helped keep me sane and functional. :) Hugs to you both!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I'm glad you find some comfort in The Sims, i'm so sorry for all of you who are suffering at the moment, i wish you all the best xxx