Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a pack that you're just not interested in owning?

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    Parenthood. I doubt I'll ever get that one, mainly because of the horrible messes that the kids make autonomously. Whenever I try to watch someone's clip of gameplay on Youtube and see their children just constantly causing disaster for no reason, it makes me bend my fingernails into my desk so I don't pull my hair out, haha. My god, it's horrific.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Not really, just that if I have the extra money to spend on... I will definitely buy them all. Now, I need to prioritise which packs will add to my gameplay experience. But, I do check out the game reviewers before purchasing the stuff packs, so that I will not regret getting it.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Seasons. Yes, I know I'm weird for saying this, but I have no use for the weather. It hinders my play style and is really a general nuisance in my game. Regret buying that pack and it's made me stop playing TS4.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It used to be Vampires, but now I'm willing to try it once it goes on sale. And I did get Laundry for the CAS and BB. The laundry was secondary.

I'll never get MFP though. I could use it for the build your own bundle, but the idea behind it really disgusts me. The rodent itself looks okay; it's the rest of the pack that bothers me, and I think that's a really new low even for EA
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited September 2018
    My first pet stuff. Just don't like the crazy outfits for cats n dogs and I hate how the poor hamster, guinea pig, Babalu (?) or whatever it is, is kept in this small box. Alone!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    The stuff packs, because they seem overpriced for what you get. Cats and Dogs because I didn't use pets all that often in the previous games, and you can't control the pets like you could in Sims 3.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I'm only missing the bowling pack but I've got no interest in it at all
    I hate bowling in RL and I haven't seen any Cas or build items that I'd really like to have from it
  • Options
    JibartJibart Posts: 28 Member
    I was hesitant for Vampires, but found them to be not as distributive as I thought and the build items are lovely :)
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 333 Member
    Laundry stuff, just why?? I like the look of the clothing and furniture, but would really rather have had the eco living instead of the hassle of doing laundry. Its boring enough in real life.
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    Most of them.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Fitness and Bowling stuff packs. They just seem useless and boring to me.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    Each pack has something I want, so no.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited September 2018
    I balked at getting vampires, but gave in because it came with a neighborhood & I needed more living space for all of my families. I still don't care much for playing the vampires, but the rest of the pack hasn't been a disappointment.
    Post edited by ldmarko on
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    @GBlucher once I delete the vampires that came with the pack I don't see anymore
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    Eh I don’t think there’s any pack that I have no interest in buying (except laundry day, actually). However, I probably won’t ever buy most of the stuff packs.
  • Options
    MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    It would be My First Pet Stuff. I'd like to say Movie Hangout, but it has a hairstyle that I'm absolutely in love with and I could work with the build mode stuff even though I find it kind of... just 'meh'. So it's First pet stuff because of a few reasons.

First off: it's DLC for DLC, and I find that ridiculous to begin with. I'd look past that if it was good value for money, but that doesn't really hold up to scrutiny if you look at what you get in it. Sure, you get hamsters, but half of the total stuff in there is the required variation to make those feel more customizable. And they toss in a few furniture items specifically made to match Cats and Dogs for good measure. I mostly buy Stuff Packs solely for the CAS items or Build Mode items, and this one just lacks things that match my taste in both departments. Sorry, but not even the possibility of owning one of those adorable pygmy hedgehogs can sell me on this one.

Also, First Pet Stuff lacks rabbits, my favorite animal and a small animal like the already present hamsters. While the base code for bunnies is pretty much already there with the other small pets, from what I've seen in gameplay and the trailer. Missed opportunity, Maxis: I'm not the only one who would've considered it if there were bunnies and/or horses. I mean, all they needed to do was add a rabbit rig for the 3d model, drum up a few textures, animate the whole thing, and fix some bugs in patches once they arose. If Maxis really wanted to speak to a larger group, then they could've tossed in some horses too. Even though those are more work than rabbits, since they'd require a completely new code to work in the way that the forums would like to see them (a possible mode of transportation) plus all the stuff needed for rabbits. Not to mention the multiple bug fixing patches after, horses would have more big fixes because of their required new code. But horses would really only be a delay in terms of time, if you'd look at what was actually needed to add both horses and rabbits to it. So Maxis really missed out on an opportunity there, both of these could've added a lot to the total value of the pack.

So yeah, First Pet Stuff is just not offering me enough value for those 10 euros to look past this whole 'DLC of a DLC' kind of deal. Might consider buying it if I own all the other packs for my inner completionist's sake, but I'd otherwise not even get it on sale. If it would be between this and Movie Hangout, then popcorn it is.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    My answer was going to be Cats&Dogs but I want the neighbourhood that comes with it badly! And I am slowly warming to pets. I love pets but to me the best was sims 3.

Anyways, my new answer would be vampires, they never held must interest for me in games.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Easy! My First Pet.
    For reasons I've explained a million times before.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Even though I have it i could have went without laundry day...all my sims do is leave piles of clothes lying around then complain about them
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    If Maxis really wanted to speak to a larger group, then they could've tossed in some horses too. Even though those are more work than rabbits, since they'd require a completely new code to work in the way that the forums would like to see them (a possible mode of transportation) plus all the stuff needed for rabbits. Not to mention the multiple bug fixing patches after, horses would have more big fixes because of their required new code. But horses would really only be a delay in terms of time, if you'd look at what was actually needed to add both horses and rabbits to it. So Maxis really missed out on an opportunity there, both of these could've added a lot to the total value of the pack.

I enjoyed the horses in Sims 3. It's weird because I am not into horses in real life but I had so much fun riding around the open world. Going back to only cats and dogs felt like a major step back for me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Even though I have it i could have went without laundry day...all my sims do is leave piles of clothes lying around then complain about them

I am not a fan of the laundry itself either but the CAS and BB items are beautiful in that pack. They are 100% my style!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    Vampires. I have no interest in playing the occult. Is it true that you can delete all the vampires and they won't regenerate? I would love to own the neighborhood.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Well. I love having all packs and I do use a little of all of them but there are a few I could do without IF they did not exist. If they exist, I have to have them :lol:

First, it is seasons. Dont' get me wrong, I do love seasons and many of their features but right now its too buggy to be able to enjoy it properly. Also, as I play rotational with over 20 households, the seasons themselves, even on longest settings, are not long enough if I want to play ALL of them within one season. I'd love to be able to change the longness of each season, but that is just a pet peeve that I am easily able to ignore...well, ignore-ish, it does bother me but I am able to work around it.

Second, it is laundry day. Now I don't mind the extra chores for my Sims and I was tinkle pink when I first got it. But it has one annoying thing that I dislike. The playful feeling they get when putting clean clothes on after shower OVERRIDES the inspirational feeling and all the other feelings they get from those specialized showers and bath soaks. Hopping into a shower or a bath to get a particular feelings that boost skilling or enables them to finish an important aspiration is essential for my Sims. That has made me delete or just not buy the laundry specific items that involves cleaning clothes. If they fix this I might put them back in.

The First pet one, in my opinion should not have been released so soon and would have worked better as a game pack with much more features. Features like more pets. Like someone mentioned above, rabbits. I'd also would have loved birds, reptiles, more interraction with the fish tanks/bowls and some more wild animals like skunks, proper raccoons and even llamas. This pack could have been a great addition to the Pet expansion but as it stands, its just an okei one.

My other let down pack used to be the bowling one. It was such a disapointment! Why couldn't my Sims TALK or interract with their teammates from the getgo?!?! I was so happy getting that pack and it was THE one I prioritized to get over all others last october and the disappointment was bad when I finally tried it out. Now they have fixed it and it has become my one if my favorite packs again so I do have hopes for the Laundry one.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    There are many stuff packs that don't interest me, I've skipped about half of them. But there is only one game pack I don't own: Vampires. My play style has always been realistic ever since the first game, I didn't even own Makin' Magic. So any pack centered around supernaturals is likely not for me.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Nope. I've bought them all so far. Even if the gameplay provided isn't my thing for every situation/family I always like and can use build/buy and CAS regularly. Besides it all rolls around eventually and I want to play a certain way and it's there when I need it.
    egTcBMc.png