Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

50% off exspanion packs on origin but not seasons

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It's frustrating how nobody seems to be clearing this up. Is it because it's the weekend and there's no one available to do it? I spoke with someone on EA's live chat and all they had to say was that they spoke with their supervisor and they had no information about a 50% discount. It's been 2 days, this is getting a little ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more. If it is a "mistake".. someone needs to rectify it ASAP because it could cause a damage to the brand itself. They should at least notify the PIC to remove or at least clearing up the misunderstanding.. TBH, I keep on checking/refreshing the Origin and the website to check up the promo..Even though, it's the weekend, there must be someone/ a team that is on a stand-by mode, like the EA support team? I don't mind to purchase it in a full price (not that I haven't, I bought plenty at full price), but if there's promo, why not taking the chance of getting the others pack that is not meant to be on my list to buy.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    ob1noahob1noah Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm so close to start implying people's mothers are llamas and criticizing woohoo techniques.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    ob1noah wrote: »
    I'm so close to start implying people's mothers are llamas and criticizing woohoo techniques.

I can't stop laughing!

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that this is occurring.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    In fairness, the video is unlisted now. But that doesn't stop people with the link from viewing it (aka the people on this thread).
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    In fairness, the video is unlisted now. But that doesn't stop people with the link from viewing it (aka the people on this thread).

Good to know that they took it down now. Thanks for the update!

• Options
    zamira82 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Good to know that they took it down now. Thanks for the update!

They sort of took it down :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    blemishsimsblemishsims Posts: 7 New Member
    I have never seen something as messy as this. Why is no one clearing things up now? The Sims Twitter account has been active a few hours ago again, but of course that was about those Teen Kids Choice Awards (or whatever) and still no one adressed these issues...
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    ob1noah wrote: »
    Whether they didn't mean to post it or there is an error with the sale itself. They advertised it regardless, and didn't deliver. I hope we get the sale, otherwise false advertising under any circumstance plum.

they confirmed on twitter there is NO sale, someone posted.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    That video is not even posted on The Sims youtube, it's most likely fake.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member
    edited August 2018
    ambrown wrote: »
    That video is not even posted on The Sims youtube, it's most likely fake.

the video was post on the official sims 4 youtube channel. in fact there were /two/, one seven second and one fifteen seconds. here's the one that was fifteen seconds on their page from aug 10th:
    https://youtu.be/guSxrMqSy9Q0
    and here's the seven second one from the same day:
    https://youtu.be/yd1uHvyXaXk

they were not fake. ea never explained beyond an eahelp tweet saying they weren't having a sale.
  • Options
    ami123ami123 Posts: 32 Member
    [quote="ambrown;c-16674263"]That video is not even posted on The Sims youtube, it's most likely fake.[/quote]
    They were posted on The Sims YouTube but I think they put them on private with no explanation - they can be seen through links
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    And the plot thickens..dun dun dun :#:#
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    That sale and ad was for the Teen CHoice Awards - which EA was one of the Sponsors for Sunday. That is why the code was Choice and it was just for the base game from what I saw. I watched the show with a young family member, and followed it on Twitter as well. During the show on tv they did not mention it other than listed Electronic Arts as one of the Sponsors of the event and The Sims part of the teens Green Room - but on the Twitter - Teens Choice Awards they showed that ad and the code to use to get the base game half price.

I actually thought to myself that was no deal seeing Origin frequently has the base game on sale and much less than half price. LOL.

I believe the only SimGuru who would be aware of this would most likely be Sim Guru Kate. The devs do not generally pay attention to what's on sale unless we bring it up. We seem to see sales before they do. Also there are no Sims devs at the studio on Saturdays and Sundays.

The Sims
    ‏Verified account @TheSims
    Aug 10

Come join the party! Watch The Sims team up with the #TeenChoice awards on the pink carpet at 4PM PST this Sunday, live on Twitter. @TeenChoiceFOX

Use promo code CHOICESIMS to save 50% off on The Sims 4 Base Game on PC/MAC! http://x.ea.com/49033 . See terms. #TheSimsChoice

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I just realized expansion in the title is all the way misspelled :D:D:D:D:D:D
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    That sale and ad was for the Teen CHoice Awards - which EA was one of the Sponsors for Sunday. That is why the code was Choice and it was just for the base game from what I saw.

incorrect. as has been mentioned and shown before, the promo code and the sale advertised on the official sims 4 youtube channel were two very different things with very different videos assigned to them.
  • Options
    irishfino wrote: »
    That sale and ad was for the Teen CHoice Awards - which EA was one of the Sponsors for Sunday. That is why the code was Choice and it was just for the base game from what I saw.

incorrect. as has been mentioned and shown before, the promo code and the sale advertised on the official sims 4 youtube channel were two very different things with very different videos assigned to them.

Uh I posted the OFFICIAL Sims 4 from the Sims Official Twitter in my post.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

yes, but, as i have said and shown, the promo code and the videos from their official sims 4 youtube channel were two different things.

please scroll up and look at my previous post with the videos. if you're still not convinced, click on the "youtube" in the corner. it will redirect you to the videos, which now show as unlisted, and you will see the number of views and thumbs up/thumbs down.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

yes, but, as i have said and shown, the promo code and the videos from their official sims 4 youtube channel were two different things.

please scroll up and look at my previous post with the videos. if you're still not convinced, click on the "youtube" in the corner. it will redirect you to the videos, which now show as unlisted, and you will see the number of views and thumbs up/thumbs down.

Yep the the you tube was shown to be wrong - as I watched the actual award show on tv - and had my twitter on as well as they were connected during the show for viewers to win free stuff during the show - what I showed from Twitter was also what we saw in the live show. There were people asking on twitter about the you tube info saying it was for eps too - but Twitter did confirm the only thing 50 percent off with that code is the base game period.

That is all I can tell you. Other than before the show when the Sims first posted about sponsoring the Teen Choice Awards they did make it clean it was on tv - on the FOX channel - and would be connected to Twitter for home viewers to get prizes when Fox channel and the award show posted codes. There was no mention of YOU tube being connected to this event through out the show - they said to go to Twitter when ever FOX Channel posted a code. There were all kinds of prizes - surf boards, head phones, cameras and more.

If you notice the actual ad says specifically it was only through Fox Channel and Twitter - not YOU Tube.

Oh and also here in Maine it started at 8 pm not 4 pm. The 4 pm was only in California as far as I could see.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited August 2018

If you notice the actual ad says specifically it was only through Fox Channel and Twitter - not YOU Tube.

you are still incorrect on the issue at hand, the point of this thread, and the differences that have been repeatedly shown between the official sims 4 youtube channel posting two different videos for a potentially upcoming up to 50% off sale for expacs/game packs and the twitter posting a completely different video, promoting a completely different event, and offering a promo code that had nothing to do with the official sims 4 videos mentioned previous.

unfortunately, i cannot break the issue down any further than i and others have in this thread.

have a nice day.
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I can't believe none of the gurus or EA have even acknowledged this
    to say wether it was a mistake on Their part or I may have misinterpreted the add in some way I have tryed to contact them with no answer could any of you guys if you don't mind try and help me clear this up as it's very confusing and misleading in a way
    almost dare I say it false advertising in a way I'm trying not to be negative
    happy simming everyone
    and thank you to anyone who has helped and will help
  • Options
    to say wether it was a mistake on Their part or I may have misinterpreted the add in some way I have tryed to contact them with no answer could any of you guys if you don't mind try and help me clear this up as it's very confusing and misleading in a way
    happy simming everyone

I'm neither the spoke person, nor the staffs, but I am one of the "victims" as well. As someone says, it seems like they just sort of pull it down, but it's still there in their playlists (if you check out The Sims YouTube playlist). The advertising message is very unclear, which could lead to misleading/miscommunication among the players a.k.a consumers/customers. And I believe, it is not meant to be uploaded yet..(no one knows, except the uploader perhaps?) One of the confusing things could be the event over the weekend, and at the same time, there's promo videos uploaded besides than of course, there's no actual promo. I would rather if the sales/marketing EA staffs to clear this up rather than the gurus. I don't think the gurus should be fully responsible for it... So for now, I don't think I could rely on the YouTube as their marketing platform to check out the next promo, but I would rather play safe by relying on the Origin..
  • Options
    happy simming everyone

no one at EA will acknowledge what happened unless there is a big enough backlash. "ignore it until people stop talking about it" is par for the course with EA.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited August 2018
    I am unable to access the store. This seems to happen just before they set up a sale.

I have a feeling that Seasons will not be 50% off. They have advertised it as up to 50%. Unfortunately, I think that may really be milking Seasons since it didn't go on sale with the other EPs like they have in the past. Also, if you notice the difference in the two bundles they have advertised (C&D and the base game, Seasons & the base game), the Season bundle is $10 more. I hope I'm wrong...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I am unable to access the store. This seems to happen just before they set up a sale.

I have a feeling that Seasons will not be 50% off. They have advertised it as up to 50%. Unfortunately, I think that may really be milking Seasons since it didn't go on sale with the other EPs like they have in the past. Also, if you notice the difference in the two bundles they have advertised (C&D and the base game, Seasons & the base game), the Season bundle is $10 more. I hope I'm wrong...

Ooh, now that you mention it, Seasons is now 25% off for me.

• Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    On Origin, all expansion packs except Seasons are now 50% off. Seasons is 25% off. The game packs and stuff packs are full price.