Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

50% off exspanion packs on origin but not seasons

SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
Just seen this on YouTube
https://youtu.be/yd1uHvyXaXk
Went to check coz I was all excited & nothing is on sale is this only available in the US ?
Post edited by SamadamsPlayer on

Comments

• sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'd like to get Seasons but it's still showing up at $51.99 here in Canada...

EDIT: I checked Twitter and it says to enter the code "CHOICESIMS" at checkout! I just tried it with Seasons but it says the code doesn't apply to one or more items in my cart which is confusing since Seasons is the only game in my cart and it was advertised...
  • irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member
    i haven't been able to find much information on this since receiving the alert of a new video on youtube. the youtube video says up to 50% off on select expacs/game packs, but the twitter account gives a code for 50% off the sims 4 base game.

so far, i haven't seen any simgurus responding, not even to acknowledge what is happening.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2018
    I think the videos might be for an upcoming sale but have been released too early. The info text under the videos is weird for one thing and two near identical sale videos were uploaded at the same time. The code on the Sims Twitter page seems to be a different offer.
    Speculating but looking at the thumbnail referenced in the info box
    TS4_AD_GCsale_Thumb_v01_692460006745968b42ff1d567a67a2945e4866e5.jpg
    GCsale might be refering to Gamescon which is in a week and a half.
    iscQh5U.png
    EAHelp on twitter says they're not having a sale on the sims 4 right now: twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1028017691594874880
  • blemishsimsblemishsims Posts: 7 New Member
    omg this is soooo messy. i really hope there will be a sale, though...
  • megaluci00megaluci00 Posts: 32 Member
    I also saw it on Youtube, and cheered up but then got to Origin and found out there's nothing on sale. Im from Spain btw.
  • corrinaharmoncorrinaharmon Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow it seems like I am NOT the only one having this issue.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think somebody messed up somewhere, because the word "private" is in the description
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ob1noahob1noah Posts: 3 New Member
    Whether they didn't mean to post it or there is an error with the sale itself. They advertised it regardless, and didn't deliver. I hope we get the sale, otherwise false advertising under any circumstance sucks.
  • ob1noahob1noah Posts: 3 New Member
    > @ob1noah said:
    > Whether they didn't mean to post it or there is an error with the sale itself. They advertised it regardless, and didn't deliver. I hope we get the sale, otherwise false advertising under any circumstance plum.
    It censored my last word, quick edit:

"it's not fun to be a witness to false advertising"
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    If the video was marked as private it can mean that it was a special video for a friend or co-worker or someone they was giving the code to but somehow the video got uploaded to the public and that code they have to make a new one.

video game companies do give out discounts to special people it almost like you get invite to there Sims Camp. maybe it was for some very popular YouTuber? Overall there is no sale. if that code was not given out to anyone that is one mess someone did.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Kartai wrote: »
    If the video was marked as private it can mean that it was a special video for a friend or co-worker or someone they was giving the code to but somehow the video got uploaded to the public and that code they have to make a new one.

video game companies do give out discounts to special people it almost like you get invite to there Sims Camp. maybe it was for some very popular YouTuber? Overall there is no sale. if that code was not given out to anyone that is one mess someone did.

Why would they bother making an entire promotion for a select group of people though? It kind of defeats the purpose of a promotional video.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ami123ami123 Posts: 32 Member
    Hopefully it means there’ll be a sale soon... I really want seasons
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    What I don't understand is that these videos announcing a sale are still up when there is no actual sale.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    > @Kartai said:
    > video game companies do give out discounts to special people it almost like you get invite to there Sims Camp. maybe it was for some very popular YouTuber? Overall there is no sale. if that code was not given out to anyone that is one mess someone did.

if the official sims channel on youtube wished to give a youtuber a special discount code, they would contact that youtuber. they would /not/ post two different videos, one seven seconds long and one fifteen seconds long, that are clearly ads for up to 50% off on select expacs and game packs nor would those ads direct a fake special youtuber to origin for said sale.

a sale and a special code promotion are two different things. the videos posted on youtube are for an actual sale that will happen on origin at some point in time. a special promo code was posted onto the sims 4 twitter for 50% off the base game. those two are clearly very different in their reach and purpose.

again, a sale and a promo code are two different things. it's up to EA to: fix what they've done, apologize, and give a date for the sale or just ignore it until people stop bothering them about it.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Something is definitely not right. I've checked the promo videos and it says, "TS4 on sales now". It's not a matter soon or when. It should be now, which is soon after they uploaded the video. It is very misleading.. EA needs to rectify this... either pull down the promo ads or open up the promo as per advertised....
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • RumancekRumancek Posts: 558 Member
    I really think this video may have been uploaded by mistake, or if not, revealed far too quickly by accident. They could have been trying to upload to private and accidentally uploaded to private. To upload to private would've made more sense so that it could be switched to public when the sale went up but maybe they just haven't caught and or fixed their mistake yet
    That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I hope EA or the gurus can explaine why this has happened 2 videos posted almost exactly the same
    Hopefully we will hear something by Monday
    Happy simming everyone
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Why is the video still up? It takes 2 seconds to remove a YouTube video.n
  • megaluci00megaluci00 Posts: 32 Member
    It seems the sale is only on the Base Game, and for it to be applied you have to enter the code "CHOICESIMS". Via SimsVip
  • EsoraEsora Posts: 1 New Member
    I truly believe the videos weren't meant to be out yet. From the "private" parts in the descriptions, and the fact that there are two different videos promoting the same thing. The first video being 15 seconds and the second one being 7 seconds. The weirdest part of it all is the fact that the videos are still up on Youtube.
  • FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I just saw this and was so excited I pretty much threw my money at the screen and then went to look, nothing's on sale so I'm a bit disappointed.
    megaluci00 wrote: »
    It seems the sale is only on the Base Game, and for it to be applied you have to enter the code "CHOICESIMS". Via SimsVip

the sale mentioned in the video is actually separate from the promo code on twitter.
  • ami123ami123 Posts: 32 Member
    I was wondering if the videos might be future Youtube ads that they've posted on their channel by accident?
  • BowserBoy10BowserBoy10 Posts: 74 Member
    It's frustrating how nobody seems to be clearing this up. Is it because it's the weekend and there's no one available to do it? I spoke with someone on EA's live chat and all they had to say was that they spoke with their supervisor and they had no information about a 50% discount. It's been 2 days, this is getting a little ridiculous.