Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What NEW theme would you like ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

What NEW theme would you like ? 83 votes

Royal Family
12%
DannydanboCinders27littlemissgogoMaggieMarleydirty_milosshnailehthatsnotswegGamingTweetyLoftyyHello_Katie7 10 votes
Bling Bling Life / Gold and Diamonds
2%
Bagoas77xXholicxX360 2 votes
Time Travel / Into the Past
16%
TheLibrarySimCorkysPetalsSjofnFroilStarr711jineratorannaliese39comicsforlifepinneduphairHuiiie_07x4m1r4HolidaySnowgeSiimbleAnya 14 votes
The Sims Mythology (Gods and half-gods)
6%
HatsAreLifebritneyTTNsimmerLauri_Antonchozobo 5 votes
Heroic Fantasy (Elf, Orc, ...)
9%
JestTrugooldgrandwrenstalesInternal_ChaosAuronoiChieftainSihuWhooshTheWinterMink 8 votes
Luxury Yacht Holidays (Dolphins, scuba diving, NPC crew, ...)
12%
aprilroseMeteoraStormCynnaFreezerBunnyCowplantJaysimsAgentJuliaOtoyoHEW310Bellamy_PlaysSCORPIOofficial 10 votes
Historical Park Vacation (Theme park about Medieval, Rococo, Ancient Greece, ...)
8%
Mariefoxprice83stilljustme2catloverplayerAxeEclipticaAnastaciasgemvikixcpeppermintintea 7 votes
Mother Nature / Wild Life Vacation / Native Tribe Life
2%
AlbaWaterhousecaliposs 2 votes
[I don't know, I like several of them]
25%
LeGardePourpreMadameLeeMagdaleenafruitsbasket101JennyggbloodydarkanglCeCeDotMovottiEnkiSchmidtKenneth4484WillKDavidMrPhillosiphtonKaronEvie0602VanPelt81AryaKhaleesifoxynkaLadyDaisy15SillyCharlieDreamCytcher 21 votes
[None of them]
4%
robyngravescatitude5domina89Lady_Ballora 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Can we please put a hold on more themes and just fix this mess. We have smelly leaf piles and Sims teleporting.
  • Options
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I'm unsure, I feel like these themes and ideas are too unique to integrate with The Sims 4. Just like The Sims Medieval being a standalone game away from The Sims 3, I feel like the majority of these would need to be a standalone if they were created, especially history, mythology and fantasy.
  • Options
    @Holiday

It includes EP, GP, SP and standalone.
    I tried to list some original ideas other than Farm or Carnival/Theme Park.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Royal Family, Time Travel / Into the Past

I'd rather history be a place your sims can live, rather than just a place to go for a holiday.

And I want modern royals.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Heroic Fantasy (Elf, Orc, ...)
    I went with heroic bcuz I love playing medieval type games like dragon age, but man all these are awesome.

Bonus... While elements of these have been in previous games I think it would be fun for some game pack ideas: Theme Park/Fair... Vegas...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    foxynkafoxynka Posts: 35 Member
    > @Bluebeard45 said:
    > Can we please put a hold on more themes and just fix this mess. We have smelly leaf piles and Sims teleporting.

You have a point here.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.cdn.tbs.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2F2018%2F01%2FFinal-Space-Vizio-984x216.jpg
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    @Holiday

It includes EP, GP, SP and standalone.
    I tried to list some original ideas other than Farm or Carnival/Theme Park.

Oh fair enough, in that case I'd go with Time Travel through different eras.
    Not medieval though as that's been done.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Royal Family
    Can we please put a hold on more themes and just fix this mess. We have smelly leaf piles and Sims teleporting.
    This, too. Before all the themes.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Historical Park Vacation (Theme park about Medieval, Rococo, Ancient Greece, ...)
    They're working on the bugs -- it's not a matter of snapping their fingers and everything's fixed.

As for the poll, I think Historical Theme Park might be the most accessible to all Sims. Royal Family/Bling Bling/Luxury Yacht seem more geared to the wealthy Sims so not sure what's out there for my ordinary schlub Sims. If I wanted to play as an Orc or an Elf I'd re-up my World of Warcraft subscription. Time travel has some appeal, but then there's the risk of messing up my families if, say, I Woohoo with the wrong ancestor. Nature vacation sounds too derivative of both Jungle Adventure and Outdoor Retreat. Mythology -- no, just no.

I don't mind the occasional quirkiness and "weirder stories" but in general I'm a realism player albeit in a strange world where you've got vampires and aliens and hopefully witches/magic very soon. Actually a modern reboot of Makin' Magic, where all Sims can learn magic, would be a new theme for a lot of the community who never played the game that started it all, The Sims.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Luxury Yacht Holidays (Dolphins, scuba diving, NPC crew, ...)
    You forgot Farming :(
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    You forgot Farming :(

I said NEW themes :p

A poll is limited to 10 choices, I skipped the popular themes (Farm, Amusement Park/Carnival, ...)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    but Travel to the Past is an "old theme" since there was a rabbit hole past in Sims 3 Ambtions
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I couldn't choose between royal family and the time travel into the past one. I would love both of those.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Time travel to the past, and heroic fantasy, please. Maybe not combined, or maybe yes.

I'd love to see actual dragons this time. You know, instead of just the tiny baby dragons who never grow up that we got in Dragon Valley.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    dirty_milosdirty_milos Posts: 210 Member
    Royal Family
    Since I asked for the crown, then the Royal Family theme.
  • Options
    Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    I like ALL of them!

I always wanted mythology and time travel, both to the past and future.
    Mythology mainly because i like the idea of having demons, gods and demigods ruling over the neighborhood. >:) Not to forget all the architecture and magical relics.
    Timetravel in general because I like robots (as in making them myself and customizing them), cyborgs would also be something I'd like to see. Imagine letting your sim that recently got cybernatic enhancements go to the past, everybody there would be terified. Lol.
    Mother nature/native tribe life would that mean that sims need to be self sustaining?
    Heroic fantasy for the dragons, or maybe a sim-dragon hybrid, where a nornal sim makes some magical potion that will change him/her into a dragon-sim PERMANENTLY.
    Gold and diamonds I always wanted more expensive stuff to decorate mansions and museums with. Or to just fill a bankvault with gold, including a bankvault door and alarm system.

Man, your ideas are great! :)
  • Options
    LadyDaisy15LadyDaisy15 Posts: 18 Member
    I like: Royal Family, Bling Bling Life / Gold and Diamonds, Time Travel / Into the Past, The Sims Mythology (Gods and half-gods), Heroic Fantasy (Elf, Orc, ...), Luxury Yacht Holidays (Dolphins, scuba diving, NPC crew, ...). Some of them could possibly in one pack ;) (such as royal family, bling bling life and the luxury yacht holidays)
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'd like something a little more down to earth than any of this. All the poll options seem kinda... flashy. That or medieval. Which I have no issue with - but don't feel like it fits TS4. Personally, I'd like to see a truly tight-packed, neon-light city. San Myshuno doesn't cut it for me. Or maybe I want less San Francisco and more Shibuya/New York night life feel. That OR something along the line of theme parks or vacation cities. I feel like my sims are lacking a place for a true vacation.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Royal Family
    I'd like a Royal pack so I can make my sims into a royal family. I don't really know why, but I see my sims having a royal family in it for some reason. I'd like several versions of crowns and tiaras for different levels of royals to wear, the king and queen should have really nice, big crowns with the most jewels and the first level of prince and princesses should have average sized crowns and lesser royals should have simpler crowns. I'd also like some royal looking outfits like you see them wearing on special occasions. The red or blue jacket with the sash across the front and several medals and a nice medal on a ribbon around their neck. Ladies should have nice gowns for balls to wear and other non-royal sims couldn't wear them.

I'd also like some royal build/buy stuff. Some fancy gold/marble columns and arches, doors, windows with fancy adornments, etc. More statues and family portraits of past family to line the halls. A working draw bridge would be cool. Fancy gold gilded furniture that looks very old and generations have used (antiques). Hanging wall murals and tapestries.

I'd also like NPC castle workers to mill around doing stuff like a royal chef, maids, guards, etc. making their lives easier and so that they don't have to lift a finger.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hi,

Had to go with Theme Park on this one but the Tropical Vacation one is a close 2nd.
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Royal Family
    I'd love an actual prince/ princess sim. With special interactions that everyone who isn't royal should be able to bow to them and fawn over them lol. Heroic fantasy sounds cool too.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2018
    Time Travel, but not only into the past, but also future. I'm more interested in Science Fiction, so I would like traveling into the future even more than in the past. ITF ep for TS3 was one of my favorites
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Tbh I would like an Oriental theme which isn't mentioned here.