Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you accept invitations out?

Because I cannot deal with the constant jumping screens and waiting I decline majority of my sims invites
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Do you accept invitations out? 220 votes

Yes
5%
MaryVannhappysimmer2007BoergeAarg61Bagoas77kellzaMoonfoxNightcrycomicsforlifeBusufuOtoyoSimTresabuhlynnduhcitysimmer 12 votes
No
13%
cameronw209icmnfrshlcmsimsrudy8292TheStarHermitMartinvCamelotfadingaudioCynnadrake_mccartyluthienrisingDezCorderojaymancrazhunniboo1taydevsheronparrisLoriTSpFrancl27Trashmagicgoldann25 29 votes
Sometimes
64%
Akl500PCK213GoldmoldarNh6650LeGardePourpreJaiSeaSyl0271verlainemKita5399Kamb64GalacticGalSandySimJasejeepjeepcataabroadyalexspoom13IceyJSimmervilleCabelle1863BlkBarbiegal 141 votes
I really wish they would stop calling me
17%
aprilroseAprilDawnIllandryaTinkerballinvisiblgirlNivyxldmarkoSk8rblazecheesetruckTreebrookeClassicalSimwormstache999AlbaWaterhouseParmaViolet87MaggieMarleySavvySimmieLatinaBunnysof2106SiliClonelexus20 38 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Sometimes
    I like the option to socialize this way, because otherwise some of my sims would never have left their house :) I say no more often than yes, though. But yes, periodically they are massive, and I also could wish that some more wanted to meet in my home, or let me suggest the place.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    No
    Now I do wish NPCs had weddings I would definitely let my sims attend those.
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    No
    Almost never, if only because accepting the invite won't let you wrap up what you're doing first. I guess that says something about me IRL too, because I usually prefer having time to prepare when asked to go out.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Sometimes
    I like the feature, but I only accept invitations every so often. I do wish sims would have their own house parties (besides the birthday parties) that they invited you to.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Sometimes
    It depends on who, what the event is, work/school schedule, and time of day/night.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    No
    They never seem to come at a time my Sim can say yes.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member

Rarely do I accept invitations. I play a LOT of Sims and don't have a lot of time. Especially since "dates" don't count as real dates. I host outings and events to benefit my Sims.
  • Options
    ActuallyxAnnaActuallyxAnna Posts: 52 Member
    Sometimes
    I honestly didn't at first but then it really came in handy with one of my stories, my sim ended up having two kids by a married sim who also had two kids, his marriage was in a bad place and one thing lead to another but when he decided to stop cheating and try to work it out with his wife he still called his kids and ensured that the kids always hung out and always had a relationship and he would take all four of them to the park to play and talk and just be in each other's life regardless of the messy situation (in my head at least) but you can see how it added realism imto ky story lol!
  • Options
    ActuallyxAnnaActuallyxAnna Posts: 52 Member
    Sometimes
    into my story*
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    Sometimes
    I click sometimes because they always call when my sim is getting ready for work or in the middle of the night when my sim is ready for bed. But when one calls on my Sims day off and she has the time - sometimes I say yes... I actually think they called too often though, and late at night is never a good idea for my Sims when they are needing sleep, not food.

I have on occasion invited a sim to dinner out that my sim has rejected for dinner out a lot of times though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I think there are people who uses this feature and I don't want it gone, I'd like a switch to turn off the phone calling/text messages though, I hate this feature with a passion.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Sometimes
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Almost never, if only because accepting the invite won't let you wrap up what you're doing first. I guess that says something about me IRL too, because I usually prefer having time to prepare when asked to go out.

And that's a great input, because this feature would have been much better if at least some of those invites gave us a couple hours to get ready. Or - with Season and the calendar, some could even be scheduled for the next day.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    No
    No, never. I always cancel the call not even looking at it regardless of its nature. Doesn't help that most calls happen in the dead of night either.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I would if there weren't so many of them, and if there was an option to postpone the meeting for an hour or so. Those calls tend to come in at the most inconvenient times, and if you decline, chances are the same sim will harass you again five minutes later to invite you somewhere else... ugh! It's so annoying.
  • Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    Sometimes
    It really depends on who it is, what it is, and when. I really like some of the ones that only seem to pop up if I'm in San Myshuno where a Sim calls and says there's a concert on tonight, and you plan ahead. I wish that was an option for all of the phone calls you get because usually, my Sim will be planning to do something / or doing something that I don't want to drop right away.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    No. I don't like this feature. I wish they'd have made it so each sim can individually block calls from specific sims. Also, 99% of the time they call when my sim is about to pass out from low energy anyway.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    No
    It really depends on who it is, what it is, and when. I really like some of the ones that only seem to pop up if I'm in San Myshuno where a Sim calls and says there's a concert on tonight, and you plan ahead. I wish that was an option for all of the phone calls you get because usually, my Sim will be planning to do something / or doing something that I don't want to drop right away.

Yes I will send them to the opera, concert, and circus because I dont have to switch to my main screen although I would love to see a sim circus :p
    Nindigo wrote: »
    No, never. I always cancel the call not even looking at it regardless of its nature. Doesn't help that most calls happen in the dead of night either.

I hate how late the calls come. They come so late after my sim as already winded down for the day
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2018
    No
    Accepting invitations out used to be a very enjoyable activity. That is, I enjoyed it when the calls came at reasonable hours. Now, calls come at the most inconvenient and unrealistic hours, so I don't bother.

It's a pity, though. I really loved the raves up on the bluffs. But my Sims aren't the type of slackers who would blow off work or school to do it. At least, not all of the time.

And that's a great input, because this feature would have been much better if at least some of those invites gave us a couple hours to get ready. Or - with Season and the calendar, some could even be scheduled for the next day.

Yes, this. :)

The above would make the feature functional again. I probably haven't used it in about two years.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Sometimes
    Basically around 5% of the times. Otherwise I am busy gaining skills or doing homework for promotions. I really don't accept them unless it's on a weekend OR my Sim has maximized his or her career.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Sometimes
    I would love if we could accept some invites and just say in an hour or two, but I still enjoy the feature. I refuse more often than I accept, in part because you sometimes get four calls in a row, but if it's at a suitable time (my sims are feeling ok, it's not the middle of the night, and they are not too busy) and it suits the character, then yes. So for example, most of my sims don't go clubbing, but sometimes I create someone who enjoys it more, or I accept if the sim as a reason to celebrate or just needs the fun and social and would be likely to enjoy it.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Sometimes
    You know, I would love if there was a condition set: The closer the relationship, the more odd hours could they call?
    The idea being that if you re super close BFFs, your friend can call you at 1 am to tell you about a party, while a workmate or the neighbor next door might call you between 9 am and 7 pm or something.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2018
    Sometimes
    I would like to accept more, but the calls get obnoxious especially when it's the same sim calling. It's difficult to accept when my sims are always in the middle of something. If only I could ask for a rain check, or tell the caller I'll be there in a few hours. Just give me some time to prepare.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sometimes
    But, sometimes...

https://youtu.be/bpLKja0-LcI?t=97
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Sometimes
    It really depends on my sim and how they're feeling at that time
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited August 2018
    Sometimes
    I usually like the calls, but whether I accept the invitations depends on many things: who is calling, where they would go, what is my sim up to and what are their needs. In rotational play I get many of calls from sims who the game made my sim aquintances/friends with and a lot of those are totally random from my point of view.