Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions about ts4

Comments

• Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    @aricarai Who said we thought they had pretty faces, could build better than us and that we feel jealous of them?? If you don't understand the point I made, that's fine but don't jump to conclusions and accuse us of feeling things we never claimed to. Maybe reread it? Also, I did warn you and everyone else that it was definitely an unpopular opinion, which... I thought was the point of this post.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited July 2018
    @aricarai Who said we thought they had pretty faces, could build better than us and that we feel jealous of them?? If you don't understand the point I made, that's fine but don't jump to conclusions and accuse us of feeling things we never claimed to. Maybe reread it? Also, I did warn you and everyone else that it was definitely an unpopular opinion, which... I thought was the point of this post.

If you look at what I posted (you mentioned jealousy), I also tagged someone else who mentioned 'pretty faces' and was talking about Game Changers, so perhaps re-read what I wrote @mommy19959699. The building comment was something I personally wrote as an example - sorry if that caused confusion. I definitely didn't misunderstand the point you made nor did I jump to conclusions. I went off two of the posts that spoke about EA Game Changers.

And yes, that's definitely the point of an unpopular opinion - not sure how unpopular it is though as I see a lot of Game Changers getting flack, especially around the release of new packs, but none the less it's your opinion, which I'm not attacking you for, just trying to give you another take on it all.

My intention wasn't to make you feel defensive, I was simply pointing out things that you and someone else posted that aren't 100% true.
  • Options
    @aricarai Opinions are neither true nor false, just how people feel. However, someone getting bullied already is a fact. Not sure what you are referring to as "not true" but that's fine..

Maybe the reason they are getting plum around the release of new content is because they squeal over everything? You can't even trust those acting mad, acting is keyword here. I question their motives.

Also, most thumbnails for a sims video include something childish so why would I watch through them? They don't speak to me and how I play? Which is why I don't want these people speaking for me and others like me who don't play the game in this way. It should be a community poll like Grant has been doing and modders should get more focus than youtubers. That is MY opinion! You're entitled to disagree.

Now! There are less than a handful of people I will watch, but these aren't people using sims to get popular on youtube or within the sims community, they are just having fun. For example w/o mentioning names: Machinimas! Man I wish this wasn't dying. Comparisons videos on sims 1/2/3/4 I think it's neat to see and vote on which version did it best. And sims logic vidoes, plumming Emily!

I just don't care for anything that looks way too trendy, pc, barbie, disney, fruit, cas make-overs :s , these things and the personalities behind this way of thinking doesn't speak for me. I would say sorry but I'm not sorry for how I feel.
  • Options
    @aricarai Opinions are neither true nor false, just how people feel. However, someone getting bullied already is a fact. Not sure what you are referring to as "not true" but that's fine..

Maybe the reason they are getting plum around the release of new content is because they squeal over everything? You can't even trust those acting mad, acting is keyword here. I question their motives.

Also, most thumbnails for a sims video include something childish so why would I watch through them? They don't speak to me and how I play? Which is why I don't want these people speaking for me and others like me who don't play the game in this way. It should be a community poll like Grant has been doing and modders should get more focus than youtubers. That is MY opinion! You're entitled to disagree.

Now! There are less than a handful of people I will watch, but these aren't people using sims to get popular on youtube or within the sims community, they are just having fun. For example w/o mentioning names: Machinimas! Man I wish this wasn't dying. Comparisons videos on sims 1/2/3/4 I think it's neat to see and vote on which version did it best. And sims logic vidoes, plumming Emily!

I just don't care for anything that looks way too trendy, pc, barbie, disney, fruit, cas make-overs :s , these things and the personalities behind this way of thinking doesn't speak for me. I would say sorry but I'm not sorry for how I feel.

@mommy19959699 - again, if you re-read what I posted in my original response, that will explain what I don't believe to be true.

Yes, it's a fact that someone was bullied. And yes, your opinion and anyone else who gives one is their own and neither true nor false. However, when you make blanket statements, that blurs the lines of opinion versus fact, which again, that's what I was referring to in my original response.

It's totally fine that you don't want Game Changers for The Sims, as I said before, a lot of people don't. And you're totally fine to question every single Gamer Changers' motives, again your prerogative. I just happen to disagree as I've watched plenty of videos where I can tell that people are saying it like it is.

I think the polls that Grant does are fabulous. You'll find a few videos that people make discussing polls aftee they go up and sharing their opinions which I do find insightful. With regards to modders getting more focus than Youtubers, again, your opinion, but as I originally responded there are modders and CC makers and other Simmers besides YouTubers that are Game Changers.

While there may be people that use the Sims and YouTube to get popular (not something I agree with or recommend), I'm willing to bet that the Gurus who choose Game Changers are smart enough to tell the difference between someone loving the game and becoming popular because they've shared the game they love versus playing the game and sharing in order to become popular. Speaking of popular, I'm curious to know what you mean by that. If you're speaking of subs on YT and relating that to getting into the Game Changers program, that's not one of the most important things that's looked at.

I love machinimas as well and there are a lot of talented Simmers that make them. They take a lot of time and effort and I'm in awe of the people that make them and make them well. With regards to comparison videos, The Red Plumbob is my go to channel. Love what they do there.

Obviously no need to apologise for the way you feel (i.e I don't want Game Changers). That's not what I was suggesting. Just simply saying some things in your original post about Game Changers shouldn't be blanket statements.
  • Options
    @aricarai We'll just have to agree to disagree.. no sense in going back and forth on this really .. and i'm kinda tired of it tbh. *waves white flag* do you!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I have another one:
    - Alpha CC freaks me out. I don't know why but it makes me really unconfortable to look at it.

You're not alone.

I know people have different tastes and styles (i use to do alpha long time ago before I realized how ugly it was to me), but the hyper 'realistic' skins and such are definitely left to be desired. Just feels less like the sims whenever I see heavy alpha like that. I dunno anymore about it these days. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    It's quickly become better than TS3 imo. The only thing I liked about TS3 was open world and story progression. The character customizon was ugly, the worlds felt limited with all the rabbit holes, and there were so many unecessary packs like Showtime and Into the Future. TS3 is very overrated and TS4 reminds me more of TS2, which was the best iteration.

While I understand some of your points, I can't understand how one could look at The Sims 4's worlds and think that they are less limited than The Sims 3's. The Sims 3 had a big rabbithole problem, and by that I mean, it replaced formerly open places like restaurants, stores, etc. with rabbitholes. That was a huge gripe with me for the game for years. Finally in the end we got the option for a lot of open venues, including restaurants.

In the end, I'm not seeing how The Sims 4 is so much better. Sure there are some venues in Get to Work that were never open previously, but otherwise... The only difference between The Sims 3 complete edition and The Sims 4 is that the 'rabbitholes' are off of the map, like in TS1 and TS2. They aren't opened, they just aren't there.

TS4 is the most limited I have ever felt in a The Sims game. The worlds are pretty, but the bulk of them are decoration (and decoration you have no options to customize). The game also gives the illusion of you having a partially open world, but it's not really open at all, other than being able to scroll your camera through it. I don't feel like I can send my Sims to community lots like I can in TS3. For one thing, if I send a Sim to a community lot while another is at school/work, the sim at school/work will come back home, messing things up. Also I can't multitask my Sims while one is at home and the other is at a community lot. This all makes the game feel frustrating and limited beyond belief. I'm sure the former is a glitch, but it doesn't matter whether it is or not when it keeps on happening, now does it?

They tried to create something that wasn't open world like TS3, but would still bridge the gap, but they failed, to be honest. This game is a bit of a mess.

Certainly Showtime was a redundant EP, and the TS fandom didn't really like it back then, I can tell you. I think I ended up only buying it when I found it for $6. Lol. I wouldn't say that ITF was so bad, though. It was a neat concept and it was something completely original, unlike Showtime.

Don't think for one second that the mindset that led to Showtime is much different from what we see today. What do you think led to Pets being split into both an EP and a SP?
    I’m curious about the etc in the part I bolded, because I’d say those two are the only open venues in the predecessors they turned into a rabbithole in 3 that matter. School and careers for instance were rabbitholes before too, a city hall the other games didn’t have. Like you say (I agree with most you say btw) Sims 3 got lots of open venues over the years (though stores and shops they never managed to get right, which is why I understand people’s problems with those and ask about the etc here ;)) The ruins were a huge disappointment for me for example when I sent my sim to Twikii Island, because I had been used to the WA tombs for years when I visited them.

(worlds feeling limited for people probably is because you can’t travel between them without mods but again, I totally agree with your opinion Sims 4’s system has its downsides in this respect too)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018
    aricarai wrote: »
    Here's one that definitely is an unpopular opinion! I don't want EA Game Changers! Yep. I think it causes people to become jealous of one another. One person resigned from being bullied, apparently not good enough to be one (so the bullies say anyway). How about instead EA Game Modders? Those people get so many requests that they could easily tell The Sims team what we want to see in the future. I guess I just don't see the point in the game changers. How are they changing the game? They are just youtubers. Idk lol but that's just my honest opinion on that. Sending them a copy of the pack for free to talk about seemed decent but when you separate them, give them awards, lather them in attention on social media.. people are going to get jealous and lash out. It's not okay but neither is saying a handful of customers are more appreciated than others. My worries is that it could get ugly, hopefully not because I don't see this group that EA created not happening.
    agustd wrote: »
    Here's one that definitely is an unpopular opinion! I don't want EA Game Changers! Yep. I think it causes people to become jealous of one another. One person resigned from being bullied, apparently not good enough to be one (so the bullies say anyway). How about instead EA Game Modders? Those people get so many requests that they could easily tell The Sims team what we want to see in the future. I guess I just don't see the point in the game changers. How are they changing the game? They are just youtubers. Idk lol but that's just my honest opinion on that. Sending them a copy of the pack for free to talk about seemed decent but when you separate them, give them awards, lather them in attention on social media.. people are going to get jealous and lash out. It's not okay but neither is saying a handful of customers are more appreciated than others. My worries is that it could get ugly, hopefully not because I don't see this group that EA created not happening.

This one I definitely agree with. Putting youtubers' on a pedestal rubs me the wrong way. I understand editing videos takes time and effort and they work hard on their channels - but we all know the special treatment is just EA's way of making sure the free marketing will continue...And I'm like - hello? Most of these youtubers have quit their jobs and are now relying solely on their YT income.... Why would you reward them for doing their literal job when there are people who make TS4 more playable out of true passion, aka modders. Unfortunately modders have smaller platforms and don't advertise them with real names and their faces so they won't even get a collective thank you from EA via twitter or something. Nope. Just the pretty faces screaming OH MY GOD IM SO EXCITED in YT vids.

@AlbaWaterhouse What's so bad about story progression? I think the last time I played TS3 was in 2013 so if I had any issues with it, can't even remember now. I always found it to be a neat feature helping with the overall realism of sims' world.

One unpopular opinion I thought about today is - TS4 soundtrack ain't that bad. It's definitely a grower!

@mommy19959699, @agustd: I just want to debunk a few things about what you've said regarding EA Game Changers.
    1. It's not just YouTubers that are Game Changers. There are streamers, bloggers, CC makers, and modders, too, that are all part of the program.
    2. Most [Sims'] YouTubers haven't quit their jobs - off the top of my head, I can only think of 4 or 5 that use YT as their sole income. I'd say the majority of YouTubers work at least one job or are students.
    3. There's many game changers that attend events and they're able to directly interact with producers and Gurus; therefore, they're able to ask questions that their supporters have as well as give suggestions for improvements or changes to the game.
    4. There are also many game changers and other Simmers too that are critical of The Sims and some of their releases. This is constructive criticism and feedback that the team takes on board, which I think is nice. If all you're seeing is 'pretty faces screaming...,' then perhaps you should look for different Game Changers, there's plenty out there to be found.

This isn't something to be debunked, but I don't understand the whole jealousy thing when it comes to other Game Changers. I mean, I've gotten jealous because someone could build better than me, but then I just practice and I slowly improve on it. Being a Game Changer is about way more than getting early access copies of games or attending EA events. Anyone can become one, so I don't see the need for jealous or things getting ugly over it.

Just my two p.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know CC makers were game changers too. I use a lot of cc and mods in my game but I think the fact I didn't notice any game changers among cc creators despite that is pretty telling though.

Where did you get the impression I was jealous? I have nothing to be jealous about since I'm not a creator myself, I'm just a regular player. The general atmosphere in the YT/Twitch world seems to be pretty sour these days because a lot of smaller creators think people are being chosen by EA depending on the aesthetic they have going on their channels and whether they play with facecams and/or are attractive (I've seen a lot of salty tweets about this lol. That's why I mentioned the "pretty faces", should have made myself more clear)

When it comes to those who rely on youtube for income I was obviously talking about the big channels. There are more than 4 or 5 believe me. I watch a lot of youtube in my spare time, I love Let's Plays. I follow a few smaller channels with under 50k subscribers and I notice a huge difference between them and big channels (not gonna name anyone since I don't want to come off like I have something personal against those people). Small channels don't get the same opportunities the big names get. Gurus on twitter don't interact with them at all. That's whats sad about it - a person with 3k subscribers can be a game changer but to EA they're still virtually non-existent.

ETA just so you know, I'm not trying to argue about this. Having read your exchange with @mommy19959699 I'm getting the impression you think our opinion about game changers and youtubers stems from something personal and not related to the game at all, which is not true and I don't think it's the right place for me to discuss that anyway. I can only say I'm very selective about who I watch and I'm skeptical of the huge channels run by 20-something year olds with following mostly made of grade school/middle school children.

Let's not derail the thread :)
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »

This one I definitely agree with. Putting youtubers' on a pedestal rubs me the wrong way. I understand editing videos takes time and effort and they work hard on their channels - but we all know the special treatment is just EA's way of making sure the free marketing will continue...And I'm like - hello? Most of these youtubers have quit their jobs and are now relying solely on their YT income.... Why would you reward them for doing their literal job when there are people who make TS4 more playable out of true passion, aka modders. Unfortunately modders have smaller platforms and don't advertise them with real names and their faces so they won't even get a collective thank you from EA via twitter or something. Nope. Just the pretty faces screaming OH MY GOD IM SO EXCITED in YT vids.

@AlbaWaterhouse What's so bad about story progression? I think the last time I played TS3 was in 2013 so if I had any issues with it, can't even remember now. I always found it to be a neat feature helping with the overall realism of sims' world.

One unpopular opinion I thought about today is - TS4 soundtrack ain't that bad. It's definitely a grower!

@mommy19959699, @agustd: I just want to debunk a few things about what you've said regarding EA Game Changers.
    1. It's not just YouTubers that are Game Changers. There are streamers, bloggers, CC makers, and modders, too, that are all part of the program.
    2. Most [Sims'] YouTubers haven't quit their jobs - off the top of my head, I can only think of 4 or 5 that use YT as their sole income. I'd say the majority of YouTubers work at least one job or are students.
    3. There's many game changers that attend events and they're able to directly interact with producers and Gurus; therefore, they're able to ask questions that their supporters have as well as give suggestions for improvements or changes to the game.
    4. There are also many game changers and other Simmers too that are critical of The Sims and some of their releases. This is constructive criticism and feedback that the team takes on board, which I think is nice. If all you're seeing is 'pretty faces screaming...,' then perhaps you should look for different Game Changers, there's plenty out there to be found.

This isn't something to be debunked, but I don't understand the whole jealousy thing when it comes to other Game Changers. I mean, I've gotten jealous because someone could build better than me, but then I just practice and I slowly improve on it. Being a Game Changer is about way more than getting early access copies of games or attending EA events. Anyone can become one, so I don't see the need for jealous or things getting ugly over it.

Just my two p.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know CC makers were game changers too. I use a lot of cc and mods in my game but I think the fact I didn't notice any game changers among cc creators despite that is pretty telling though.

Where did you get the impression I was jealous? I have nothing to be jealous about since I'm not a creator myself, I'm just a regular player. The general atmosphere in the YT/Twitch world seems to be pretty sour these days because a lot of smaller creators think people are being chosen by EA depending on the aesthetic they have going on their channels and whether they play with facecams and/or are attractive (I've seen a lot of salty tweets about this lol. That's why I mentioned the "pretty faces", should have made myself more clear)

When it comes to those who rely on youtube for income I was obviously talking about the big channels. There are more than 4 or 5 believe me. I watch a lot of youtube in my spare time, I love Let's Plays. I follow a few smaller channels with under 50k subscribers and I notice a huge difference between them and big channels (not gonna name anyone since I don't want to come off like I have something personal against those people). Small channels don't get the same opportunities the big names get. Gurus on twitter don't interact with them at all. That's whats sad about it - a person with 3k subscribers can be a game changer but to EA they're still virtually non-existent.

ETA just so you know, I'm not trying to argue about this. Having read your exchange with @mommy19959699 I'm getting the impression you think our opinion about game changers and youtubers stems from something personal and not related to the game at all, which is not true and I don't think it's the right place for me to discuss that anyway. I can only say I'm very selective about who I watch and I'm skeptical of the huge channels run by 20-something year olds with following mostly made of grade school/middle school children.

Let's not derail the thread :)

I agree @agustd, let's not derail the thread; although I see this as more of a discussion than a derailment. I just quickly want to touch on the jealousy thing because both yourself and @mommy19959699, for some odd reason, thought I was saying that you (as in both of you) were jealous of Game Changers. I can assure you that's not the case. @mommy19959699 brought it up in her original post - that Game Changers cause people to become jealous of each other...and that it could cause people to lash out. That is what I was referencing when I spoke of jealousy; I never once referenced either of you specifically.

And I just want to say as well, I'm not trying to argue with either of you either. I was just trying to set some things straight about GCs - i.e. there are CC creators, modders, bloggers that are Game Changers. It wasn't personal against either of you, nor was I questioning your guys' opinions - I was simply addressing the blanket statements made. I do apologise if you interpreted it that way, but I definitely wasn't attacking your opinions about not wanting Game Changers.
  • Options
    Here's a couple (possible) unpopular opinions:
    1. I don't like the way snow piles, leaf piles, and mud puddles look; however,
    2. While I do like the way snow looks, I'm still upset about no snow depth and that it only builds up for certain animations.
    3. I'm torn on the fact that build mode reflects the season that you've set. I don't mind that plants reflect that season, but it's might hard to do terrain paint when there's snow on the ground.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    It's quickly become better than TS3 imo. The only thing I liked about TS3 was open world and story progression. The character customizon was ugly, the worlds felt limited with all the rabbit holes, and there were so many unecessary packs like Showtime and Into the Future. TS3 is very overrated and TS4 reminds me more of TS2, which was the best iteration.
    “Quickly”? The game will very soon be four years old.

And? It took Sims 3 longer before it was enjoyable.
    Oh? Sims 3 didn’t last longer than 4 years. And its last addition was ITF, which you say you found an unnecessary pack. I’m a lot more positive about Sims 3 than you, but you are of course entitled to a negative opinion about the game. I disagree Sims 3 is very overrated though. Other people being positive about something doesn’t mean they are overrating it. It just means they like/love something you don’t.

You seem to have an issue with accepting others opinions, not me. This thread is called unpopular opinions. I gave mine, which is that TS3 was mostly trash. I prefer TS4. It's fine if others don't, but I don't understand why you're trying to convince me otherwise. I didn't like it, and that's all there is to it.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited July 2018
    I actually prefer the Maxis eyelashes.

Yes, the "weird, blocky, eyeliner-looking" ones.

It suits the game's style perfectly, and it saddens me that I can't find any maxis-matching eyelashes to put on my sims who don't have them just because their eye type is unfortunate.

I don't need the fancy alpha ones. Just let me give my cartoony sims some cartoony eyelashes.

Please.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited July 2018
    @marcel21 These toddlers are perhaps the best we've seen in any of the iterations.

edit: Of course with the parenthood GP, there are more options. I've no clue what it's like to play them with basegame only.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2018
    Jouvay wrote: »
    @marcel21 These toddlers are perhaps the best we've seen in any of the iterations.

edit: Of course with the parenthood GP, there are more options. I've no clue what it's like to play them with basegame only.

I am talking about the fact that three different interactions are in fact the same interaction. ;)

its misleading and lazy for them to add as three different interactions when in fact all three are the same interaction
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

I am talking about the fact that three different interactions are in fact the same interaction. ;)

Okay, it doesn't bother me much. On the whole, they put a lot of love into toddlers so I have very few complaints.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Okay, it doesn't bother me much. On the whole, they put a lot of love into toddlers so I have very few complaints.

toddlers a very good, just not perfect. I don't like how they have done that.

say you want to create a story of a badly behaved toddler with video footage of this game and click on lecture, yell, scold. your just going to get a repeat for one interaction three times.

it bugs me that they made it look like three different interactions when its not, other than that I like them a lot.

they still need more stuff
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member

Anyway: My unpopular opinions re TS4 -

the Devs aren't lazy and actually trying their best with the resources they've got on hand.
    I don't want story progression.
    I don't care about open world.
    Cars would be a pointless addition to TS4 - so would horses.
    I don't like the idea of Devs asking the community what they want through polls.

I completely agree about the devs. I honestly feel bad for them, people are always acting like they aren’t trying or do not care. Considering for the first time basically ever we have an open line of communication to them that’s just does not seem true. That communication is getting stronger too. I personally love what they have done for sims 4 and I constantly see them trying hard to please the community. I might not always like what they do, but I know they work hard and are trying. You can’t please everyone, but acting like they are lazy and not doing their job because it doesn’t please you is unfair. They have less resources than before and they are still, in my opinion, giving us a great game.

Also to add another unpopular opinion that I have seen others disagree with:

I LOVE the sims 4 neighborhoods. Are they large like before? No, but I don’t have to move to enjoy all of them. I find them to have plenty of space for adding venues (not rabbit holes that wasted venues in my opinion). Way more space than one sims 3 world that yes you could edit, but you were limited to that world alone and added lots never looked right. And the larger worlds were a hot mess that lagged and didn’t work (I’m looking at you isla paridiso). I find the sims 4 a much less frustrating mess with worlds than sims 3. And no I do not mind the backdrops I find them pretty and I know it’s just that so it doesn’t upset me. I know many do not feel this way, but it’s how I feel.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    I’m not sure anymore what is a popular and unpopular opinion. In that respect I don’t really follow this topic. It rather seems a free ticket by now to throw in an opinion, call it unpopular and therefore nobody is allowed to question it.

Is not missing open world unpopular? I doubt it is, many people couldn’t run it properly apparently and everybody suffered from the routing issues it sometimes brought. I’m all for a better solution, but Sims 4’s approach for me is not that solution. There must be better ways. And even though open world could have its issues, most of the time it’s always worked perfectly fine for me. And when it didn’t I installed two mods and the problems were over. I’m fine with that, as long as I can play. I really fear developers may have got the impression it was far worse than it actually is, open world. I also think ‘open world’ is often pointed at as a cause of trouble, when in fact it was something else. Like overloaded CC folders.

(added lots look perfectly alright in my game by the way so I genuinely have no idea what that means)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Let's keep the conversations respectful, please. I've removed some back + forth posts about this.

I'd also remind Simmers to be mindful that there are folks from all backgrounds on these forums, as well.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »

It suits the game's style perfectly, and it saddens me that I can't find any maxis-matching eyelashes to put on my sims who don't have them just because their eye type is unfortunate.

I don't need the fancy alpha ones. Just let me give my cartoony sims some cartoony eyelashes.

Please.

Same here! The 3D eyelashes with Maxis-Match only CC don't look terrible, but I still prefer the blocky one.
    I've had that one Sim recently, she's quite pretty, but unfortunately she got her dad's eyes without eyelashes. They looked really weird on her. I was trying to use eyeliner to make it work, but finally I ended up choosing similar eyes with eyelashes and adjusting them as best as I could. But I spent a lot of time looking for a mod/CC adding the Maxis eyelashes back then.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »

Please.

you might like these, they're alpha but they're very subtle, natural and you can put them on sims without lashes :)

http://catsblob.tumblr.com/post/175748123465/you-know-what-every-time-i-say-im-gonna-not-do-a

• Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I really don't care for the fact that we can't buy the game physically I don't like being controlled by Origin. Something about it makes me uneasy. I don't like the fact that we dont' have an open world a real come down for me. The game is pretty much like all the previous ones what I can't understand is why people are willing to spend hundreds of dollars just to have the same things in their game over and over again. Sims 4 really don'ts have that many new ideas with it. Just a basic repeat of previous games.
  • Options
    AshBoogieAshBoogie Posts: 18 Member
    I really hate that we have to pay for every little thing with Sims 4. I recently got the Laundry pack and was so disappointed, like why couldn't they just include that in the game or an expansion pack? I know there were stuff packs with Sims 2 & 3 but it was mostly just fun little extras. With Sims 4 it seems like we're paying for minuscule things that should already be incorporated in the game anyway, like butlers and hot tubs. It's almost like you're forced to buy every single stuff pack and game pack if you truly want the full gaming experience. I really don't like how money hungry this franchise has gotten.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    AshBoogie wrote: »
    I really hate that we have to pay for every little thing with Sims 4. I recently got the Laundry pack and was so disappointed, like why couldn't they just include that in the game or an expansion pack? I know there were stuff packs with Sims 2 & 3 but it was mostly just fun little extras. With Sims 4 it seems like we're paying for minuscule things that should already be incorporated in the game anyway, like butlers and hot tubs. It's almost like you're forced to buy every single stuff pack and game pack if you truly want the full gaming experience. I really don't like how money hungry this franchise has gotten.

That is what scares me. Will these cheap tactics be carried over to The Sims 5? That's one of the reasons why I won't buy Sims 4, because I don't want to encourage it. :'(
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    AshBoogie wrote: »

Although you are not wrong about Maxis' (and EA's) "hunger," the Sims franchise is far from the only one to do this. Go check out some Paradox Interactive titles on the Steam shop some day. Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV have tons of expansions, DLCs, and dozens of what in Sims would be called "stuff packs" -- cosmetic things like different kinds of troop avatars or different ruler portraits or even different music. If you wanted to buy ALL the DLC for CKII at this point, it's over $250. Same with EU IV. They also make Cities Skylines (a Sim-City like city simulator) and with all that DLC you are looking at $120 or so.

This is, unfortunately, the way of modern gaming. No more CDs/Disks. No more buying one-shots in the store. The current paradigm is to release a bare-bones "base" game and then actually finish the game or make it complete by adding, over the next couple of years, DLC packs.

And I'm nott sure where you get that Sims 2 an 3 only had "fun little extras." I remember coming in relatively late to TS2, and I was nearly bowled over by the sheer number of expansions and stuff packs I wanted to get. Many of these added huge amounts of different gameplay to the games, such as University Life, Open for Business, etc. I bought these on CD at my local Target, like one expansion or stuff pack a week for months, until I had them all. And wouldn't you know *JUST* as I got current with all the packs, TS3 was launched. (Of course). This kind of thing is not new to the Sims.

Is it getting worse year by year? Heck yes. But that's true of every game franchise out there. They release less and less per game, pack, or update, and charge more and more for it. As long as we keep buying them and these folks keep making a profit, they will keep doing it. The only way to have it not happen is if no one buys the product. But that's probably not going to make them go back to fewer DLCs or DLCs with more content -- it'll just make them cancel the franchise.

I guess what I'm saying here is, in the game-dev world, the toothpaste is out of the tube now. There is no going back.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top