Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET SEASON 3 ** THE FINAL EPISODE HAS AIRED NOW **

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh my. I don't know how this can be resolved in a way that makes everyone happy. :( I'd like it if everyone could play, but it's really up to Vul
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,944 Member
    I've just emailed Vul about a solution, but like you said he is the hosts it's up to him...

I think he should keep everyone, but there is only space for 10 couples... So do a quick mission and eliminate 2 pairs... In that case everyone still have a chance to play.... ;)
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    s only space for 10 couples... So do a quick mission and eliminate 2 pairs... In that case everyone still have a chance to play.... ;)

That wouldn't be fair for the 2 pairs that got eliminated from the 'quick mission' then.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    Oh well... What is fair then? At least it gives everybody an equal chance to play... Or Vul shouldn't take more than 10 players in the first place...
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    s only space for 10 couples... So do a quick mission and eliminate 2 pairs... In that case everyone still have a chance to play.... ;)

That wouldn't be fair for the 2 pairs that got eliminated from the 'quick mission' then.

To be honest, I find it more fair than having our sims be removed based upon one person's decision.

Like I can say that "Okay I lost the competition to get access on the show" so therefore if I really want to be on the show, then I should have tried harder.

Here, it is kinda like us getting removed because of one guy's decision.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    I have nothing against having more sims on this show but in my opinion, 20 sims is a lot writing to do, not to mention 24. Last season it was 12. I understand that this whole twinning theme has a major influence on the theme of missions and other stuff but at the same time hosting a show of 24 is never an easy task. Alleen's AYTO has a number of sims with full couples of sims made by the same RL players and also a 'half' pair featuring mine and Rosey's sim. And to be really honest, we're still not completely competing on the same ground as those who submitted two sims on to the show.
    ._.
  • Options
    I have nothing against having more sims on this show but in my opinion, 20 sims is a lot writing to do, not to mention 24. Last season it was 12. I understand that this whole twinning theme has a major influence on the theme of missions and other stuff but at the same time hosting a show of 24 is never an easy task. Alleen's AYTO has a number of sims with full couples of sims made by the same RL players and also a 'half' pair featuring mine and Rosey's sim. And to be really honest, we're still not completely competing on the same ground as those who submitted two sims on to the show.

To be honest, the post feels like you have something against it.

There is not much between writing 20 characters on the show and writing 24 characters on the show. It is not like Vul is writing 38 characters on the season.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    That's why I said, the good news is everyone can play... The bad news is two pairs of twins will be eliminated before getting on the Jetset.. But at least it gives you a chance to play... Vul doesn't have to write a lot... It will only be the first episode... Then they're gone...
    I know 24 people is a lot to write about.. But it's only for one episode... People getting eliminated after that... At least then you don't have upset players..
  • Options
    I hope this whole discussion is not going down a hill. We're all here to offer a piece of our own mind and at the end of the day it's Vul'a decision to make. He's the host after all. Sorry if I sounded blunt or indifferent, Jake.
    ._.
  • Options
    Oh well, let's think of it this way.. A lot of people signed up for the mole or survivor or big brother, they only have so many spots, and alas you didn't make it.... It's sad... But we will survive... Next season we will try again... ;)
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,693 Member
    x_MG_x wrote: »

To be honest, I find it more fair than having our sims be removed based upon one person's decision.

Like I can say that "Okay I lost the competition to get access on the show" so therefore if I really want to be on the show, then I should have tried harder.

The host... You know... The person hosting the show... It's not like he randomly asked a stranger on the street XD He's the person creating it all, and its up to his liberty.

WE ALL signed up for it, and decided in sims to create XD It's not like WE didn't make decisions either.
  • Options
    Oh well, let's think of it this way.. A lot of people signed up for the mole or survivor or big brother, they only have so many spots, and alas you didn't make it.... It's sad... But we will survive... Next season we will try again... ;)

I am pretty sure there is difference between this and a bunch of millions of people.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »

The host... You know... The person hosting the show... It's not like he randomly asked a stranger on the street XD He's the person creating it all, and its up to his liberty.

WE ALL signed up for it, and decided in sims to create XD It's not like WE didn't make decisions either.

My point still stands. It is more fairer for us to get into the show via competition than to have somebody else decide which sims get in. Even if that somebody else is the host, everybody has different opinions so one person's decision might not be the same as somebody else.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    I know... But I think it's time to let go.... We're sad and upset.. But let's not spoil it for the rest of the players who got their spots secured... Let's just wish them luck on their journey and enjoy the ride... <3
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I don't want to say too much about this. All I wanna say is, we all knew that some sims wouldn't make the final cut from the beginning since Vul announced it to all of us. I know that it isn't a good feeling when your sims aren't picked and I'm sorry for those, but this discussion is really taking over the actual game, which is quite a pity imo. So please, let's just focus on the fun from now, okay? ;)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,809 Member
    I've just emailed Vul about a solution, but like you said he is the hosts it's up to him...

I think he should keep everyone, but there is only space for 10 couples... So do a quick mission and eliminate 2 pairs... In that case everyone still have a chance to play.... ;)

I've actually considered that already. It's not really in the spirit of Jetset though to eliminate people on how well they do in a challenge, the main focus is on figuring out who the Assassin is and trying to steer the circumstances to convince them to keep you and eliminate other people.
    Banner.png
  • Options

I've actually considered that already. It's not really in the spirit of Jetset though to eliminate people on how well they do in a challenge, the main focus is on figuring out who the Assassin is and trying to steer the circumstances to convince them to keep you and eliminate other people.

Yeah, and I personally think that doing an elimination challenge wouldn't exactly make the mood better for the eliminated :/ Especially since we have a few newcomers to Jetset
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    Okay, it's time to close this subject and move on... :smiley:
    Vul, how's that contestant wall coming along?
  • Options
    I won't discuss this topic anymore. I am just upset about all this (I am actually crying right now) and I need some time to calm down.

After some time has passed, I'll discuss if I want to loan a sim or not.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options

I was about to ask the same question :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    I won't discuss this topic anymore. I am just upset about all this (I am actually crying right now) and I need some time to calm down.

After some time has passed, I'll discuss if I want to loan a sim or not.

I'm so incredibly sorry... :'(

VO1Iapz.jpg

Take the time you need to calm down and then we can talk about that eventually.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    YJB19299 wrote: »

I was about to ask the same question :)

It's doing fine I think, how about you take a look and judge yourself though?
    Jetset%2BS3%2BGroup%2BPhoto%2BOriginal.png
    Banner.png
  • Options
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Twiddle! :'( I would love for you to play with one of my twins, I really don't mind and you can treat her as your own and do what you want with her. I know she isn't exactly your own creation but still, it would be fun for me to not know what is going on with the other half. :D Unless the reason is that you don't want to play with someone else's sim because you wouldn't find it as fun. I honestly don't mind though, if you want to play.

I understand if you really don't want to, just know that I'm desperately offering my twin to you. :D

Can I loan your sim please? You stated that I can treat her as my own and do I want with her. I will make feel better given how I will slightly be creating my own OC.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,287 Member
    @twiddle3, I understand your reasoning, but if you change your mind Pearl is definitely up for grabs. I specifically mentioned in my app that she'd be super fun to watch someone else play as, plus there's the real, secret reason I signed those two up:
    They're from the third generation of my upcoming legacy-style story, and I needed some way to stop them being too boring. In other words, since they haven't even been born yet, you could theoretically do what you like with Pearly Junior.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    Twiddle! :'( I would love for you to play with one of my twins, I really don't mind and you can treat her as your own and do what you want with her. I know she isn't exactly your own creation but still, it would be fun for me to not know what is going on with the other half. :D Unless the reason is that you don't want to play with someone else's sim because you wouldn't find it as fun. I honestly don't mind though, if you want to play.

I understand if you really don't want to, just know that I'm desperately offering my twin to you. :D

Can I loan your sim please? You stated that I can treat her as my own and do I want with her. I will make feel better given how I will slightly be creating my own OC.

If Kitty confirms then it's settled. :)
    Banner.png