Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET SEASON 3 ** THE FINAL EPISODE HAS AIRED NOW **

Comments

• Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    You know, This sure feels like High School all over again, ya know? :s
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »

Twiddle nooooo. :'( was you the kid that wasn't chosen or always chosen last? That was me. I know how it feels. :|

I think everyone's sims are unique and interesting in their own way, it sucks not all could be chosen. I'd be really upset if mine didn't, I feel really guilty like I'm almost about to give up my twins place. :s
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,809 Member
    Well, that plum, Tbh I feel it was a waste of time filling out the form considering effectively my time and effort was for nought. :p

Sorry that you didn't make the cut and, again, it was a very hard choice. :'(

Although I wouldn't judge so soon on making the twins for nought. Read the post about my pick reasons for more details... ;)

It's a flattering offer Vul but I don't really think my twins are all that interesting, I'd rather them not be included at all if it's all the same to you. I didn't submit them for them to just be a cameo. :'(

:s .........................
    Banner.png
  • Options
    kittymeow wrote: »

Twiddle nooooo. :'( was you the kid that wasn't chosen or always chosen last? That was me. I know how it feels. :|

I think everyone's sims are unique and interesting in their own way, it plum not all could be chosen. I'd be really upset if mine didn't, I feel really guilty like I'm almost about to give up my twins place. :s

Don't you worry about it hun, It's not your fault or anyone else's who submitted for that matter. ;)

You have fun, Your sims were great, You all deserve it. Next time I'll just have to make my sims better. :/
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited July 2018
    I rather not have my twins appear as cameos. I want them to be actual contestants on the show.

I feel that having to deal with a loaned sim leads to less creative freedom as they might be concerned that they are going OOC with their loaned sim. I have dealt with that thanks to Sims Reality All-Stars and the loaned sims tend to be less creative. I mean Alleen, WorldOfDraken, Yannik, and Tip all dealt with loaned sims and I believe that none of them submitted a diary entry for that season. Keep in mind that Alleen actually won the season that dealt with a loaned sim.

I'm not stating this because I am upset of being rejected. I feel that everybody should be playing as their own sim. People work hard on their sims and to see them as cameos at the very best is kinda insulting.

At the very least, you could just have four sims get out of the game for some reason while they are sequestered and have the leftovers be paired up.

Or do this season like I did with the early seasons of TBAM where the house-guests are separated into two different households in order to have more people play without worrying about the household limit.

Also, what will happened if somebody dropped out from the show? I feel like anybody who is the position I am would be bitter about it as the quitters have a chance to actually play as their own sims and the rejects didn't.

In general, I feel like there should be a way for people to play as their own sims and not dealing with some loaned sims.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Also, another thing is how both sims are rejected "because they have traits similar to other sims". It is not like we knew what the other sims will be like. It is like season three of the Mole where all created a cast that they have similar traits without us realizing. We should not be rejected for something we clearly did not know about.

Had we known our sims have similar traits, we might change our sims to be different but we don't have any idea of how other sims will be.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    I rather not have my twins appear as cameos. I want them to be actual contestants on the show.

I feel that having to deal with a loaned sim leads to less creative freedom as they might be concerned that they are going OOC with their loaned sim. I have dealt with that thanks to Sims Reality All-Stars and the loaned sims tend to be less creative. I mean Alleen, WorldOfDraken, Yannik, and Tip all dealt with loaned sims and I believe that none of them submitted a diary entry for that season. Keep in mind that Alleen actually won the season that dealt with a loaned sim.

I'm not stating this because I am upset of being rejected. I feel that everybody should be playing as their own sim. People work hard on their sims and to see them as cameos at the very best is kinda insulting.

At the very least, you could just have four sims get out of the game for some reason while they are sequestered and have the leftovers be paired up.

Or do this season like I did with the early seasons of TBAM where the house-guests are separated into two different households in order to have more people play without worrying about the household limit.

Also, what will happened if somebody dropped out from the show? I feel like anybody who is the position I am would be bitter about it as the quitters have a chance to actually play as their own sims and the rejects didn't.

In general, I feel like there should be a way for people to play as their own sims and not dealing with some loaned sims.

Another idea is to have two people work on a pair of twins together in order for everybody to play as their own sims.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,944 Member
    With a loan sim, you don't know their personalities... So you just leave it up to the host... ;) But it is fun to participate in the missions and stuff.
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,944 Member

Another idea is to have two people work on a pair of twins together in order for everybody to play as their own sims.

I did suggest that but Vul didn't approve that... And that's why I dropped out... Rather give someone else a better chance...
  • Options
    ANNOUNCEMENT

I've heard from some people that they're working together in duos and make 1 twin person each.
    I'd like to ask you to not do that and and have everyone come up with a full twin set of their own. If the need arises we can puzzle all the pieces together afterwards to try and create the best cast possible. :)
    Thank you.

Can you explain your reasons on why you want to do that?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Also, another thing is how both sims are rejected "because they have traits similar to other sims". It is not like we knew what the other sims will be like. It is like season three of the Mole where all created a cast that they have similar traits without us realizing. We should not be rejected for something we clearly did not know about.

Had we known our sims have similar traits, we might change our sims to be different but we don't have any idea of how other sims will be.

This ^^

Jake, You have put into words exactly how I feel about the whole thing. <3 I think that if our sims were too similar to others we should have been notified rather than be allowed to carry on regardless unknowing that our sims didn't really stand a chance due to them being too similar to others.

Like Jake, If I'd have known how similar my sims were to X's twins I would have made changes to differentiate them. Alas, you can't change what you know nothing about. :/

(I put X because I'm not sure if this person wants everyone to know whose sims are theirs just yet but I do know whose sims are similar to mine. ;) )
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Because I found it to be unfair that you won't allow two people to work together to make sure their own sim that they create get on the show but you will allow someone to play as the sim of somebody else that they have no hand in creating.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Mmm.... I'm just feel there is some people that really want to play... What about 12 pairs? A dozen... A clock? That's what I'm doing in AYTO..

Changing the amount of pairs would require me to rewrite and rebalance the season, which takes time. So I'd rather not move into that territory again.

Vul, you once told me this-

If the Episode can be improved if you take more time, I'd personally say the wait would be worth it. I can be patient.

The same thing can be said about the format. If you were take out the "episode" and replace it with "format", people can wait for you to rebalance the season in order for everybody to play.

You shouldn't rush things in order for you to do the season exactly like you want. There are times where I have to change the formats of my shows because of people dropping out.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I do remember that before the first episode of the Mole season 6 was released Turner contacted me and Tiger because he thinks Paul and Giles look too much alike and wanted us to change one of the sims' appearance. But that's wholly appearance-wise and wasn't too much of a problem to solve.

Recreating a new character personality from skretch can be a lot more time consuming. I know that it is definitely not a good feeling to see a character you've created so hard for a show ending up not being accepted. I am sorry for those who couldn't make it.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I think it actually has something to do with too many sims on the show at one time.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    I knew this would bring upset, that's why I was worried about the whole not being picked from the start and have tried suggesting things. It took me days to make my twins and fill out the application form so if they weren't accepted I'd feel like crap because of the work I put into them, though I did tell Vul it would be OK if they weren't chosen. I wouldn't want to play as someone else's sim as it takes out a lot of the fun, it's nice to see how your sim that belongs to you does.

I feel really bad for Twiddle and Jake and I feel awkward for Vul being in this situation. :| I don't really know what to say, at the end of the day It's up to Vul to decide what he wants to do and how he wants to do it. We'll see if he can work anything out but if not I hope there won't be any grudges against Vul, I'm sure it was not his intention to upset anyone.
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I really like the new batch :)

Sorry for Jake and Twiddle though :/
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Vul, if you are really reading this, can you respond to my posts? I have made some very valid points that I want to know if you read them.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Vul, if you are really reading this, can you respond to my posts? I have made some very valid points that I want to know if you read them.

Yes, I have read them and I was busy writing my response. I've been busy writing/finishing my intern report.
    Banner.png
  • Options

To break it down:

The original creators are also playing this season, if there's anyone who knows their Sims best, it's their original creator. Besides that I'll also share the app form with the player burrowing a Sim, so they do have an understanding whom they're working with. :)

The sequester quitting would be very hard to justify in the episodes, so I'd personally not step into that territory:
    - 1) I've never even worked with a sequester period for Jetset in the first place.
    - 2) Logically if some players would drop, the casting would just select a new twin pair to compete over matching remaining twins.
    - 3) Twin pairs competing is part of the main flavour of the season. Having only halves of twins compete would undermine that flavour.

I've used said household trick before when I was writing the earlier episodes on the Murder Mystery "season 1" of Jetset, so I am familiar with it. I still didn't use it though, because, I feel this cast is already large with 20 Sims (+ hosts). Adding more would make it too much for me to handle writing, and it would also get confusing to the readers - characters need some space to get established and I believe adding even more would be too much.

You have a point on the quitting - but the same point can also be made for any quitting case. Alleen has a reason to be bitter at Party, since Party had a shot to play both the Archery and the Signaling Challenges last season while she didn't. Or a bigger example: Tiger has a reason to be bitter at Mojo, Jojo, Noah, JPS, and WriterJunkie for quitting on The Mole S4. Your point is universally applicable and not just limited to this current situation.

Consider the alternative though: people would either be forced to tweak their Sims over and over again, or they'd just have to create new Sims, which would make the Sim creation phase longer, more confusing and more bureaucratic. And in the end I still have to pick 10 - so the issues you've voiced regarding not playing as your own characters would still remain. In the end I came to the conclusion that it would only make things harder.

ANNOUNCEMENT

I've heard from some people that they're working together in duos and make 1 twin person each.
    I'd like to ask you to not do that and and have everyone come up with a full twin set of their own. If the need arises we can puzzle all the pieces together afterwards to try and create the best cast possible. :)
    Thank you.

2 reasons:
    - To have more twins as options to pick from. If someone would sign up a Fabio and his twin sister Fabiette, I'd have the space to leave them out for more interesting Sims. Or to avoid too similar Sims, such as Casey-Gregory
    - I was hoping to try and get more people to be interested in playing. Although I must admit that it didn't work out the way I hoped it to. :/ Alas.

Alleenmens wrote: »
    Mmm.... I'm just feel there is some people that really want to play... What about 12 pairs? A dozen... A clock? That's what I'm doing in AYTO..

Changing the amount of pairs would require me to rewrite and rebalance the season, which takes time. So I'd rather not move into that territory again.

If the Episode can be improved if you take more time, I'd personally say the wait would be worth it. I can be patient.

The same thing can be said about the format. If you were take out the "episode" and replace it with "format", people can wait for you to rebalance the season in order for everybody to play.

You shouldn't rush things in order for you to do the season exactly like you want. There are times where I have to change the formats of my shows because of people dropping out.

It's not pacing in this case - it's timing. It's the start of my summer break now, and I'd like to use as much of said break as possible to set the season in motion. If I'd take a couple of extra weeks to redo the season layout, I'd lose those weeks and I'd have to get the season rolling in a shorter time frame before school begins and I have less time to spend on the season.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Thank you.

2 reasons:
    - To have more twins as options to pick from. If someone would sign up a Fabio and his twin sister Fabiette, I'd have the space to leave them out for more interesting Sims. Or to avoid too similar Sims, such as Casey-Gregory
    - I was hoping to try and get more people to be interested in playing. Although I must admit that it didn't work out the way I hoped it to. :/ Alas.

Okay, since the second reason didn't exactly work-out, can we make a deal?

Can I work with somebody else to create our own sims together just as long as I promise that none of our sims will be Fabio characters and they will be totally different characters that won't be too similar to each other?

It's not pacing in this case - it's timing. It's the start of my summer break now, and I'd like to use as much of said break as possible to set the season in motion. If I'd take a couple of extra weeks to redo the season layout, I'd lose those weeks and I'd have to get the season rolling in a shorter time frame before school begins and I have less time to spend on the season.

I meant the same thing. You are basically rushing something at the expense of four sims that people worked hard on getting rejected all for the sake of getting something done before you get to school. There is no deadline for when you have to release the episodes.

Nobody cares about how much time you have to work on the season. Example- Season Two took two years and only person dropped out of the show at the very start of the season. Just as long you have some time will be alright. People are willing to wait for a long time for something they want done.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    I think after great consideration Vul I shall bow out gracefully, Jake is more than welcome to pair up with someone if he wishes, I myself despite being greatly honoured with the generosity and kindness of the other players willing to share their sims with me, will not be. I'm far too stressed out with all this and it really subtracts from the enthusiasm I once had for the show. :'(

I feel as though I would only be burdening somebody else's chances of playing and with the greatest of respect, I would rather not put any more time and effort into something that I feel is not worth me doing so. To use mafia terms, It does feel as though I have been creatively "treestumped" and after the recent debacle, I don't think I will find as much fun or enjoyment from playing as I did when I signed up. I understand the limitations you are working with Vul and because of this, I don't wish to bother you any further as it would only complicate the game in me sticking around.

I do however hope you all enjoy the game and I shall be looking forward to reading the episodes as a viewer. To quote Vul, Good luck guys and much wisdom. ;)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    Twiddle! :'( I would love for you to play with one of my twins, I really don't mind and you can treat her as your own and do what you want with her. I know she isn't exactly your own creation but still, it would be fun for me to not know what is going on with the other half. :D Unless the reason is that you don't want to play with someone else's sim because you wouldn't find it as fun. I honestly don't mind though, if you want to play.

I understand if you really don't want to, just know that I'm desperately offering my twin to you. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    If you guys really want Twiddle on this season, then you should really convince Vul to rework the season in order for every sim to play. Nobody cares how long they have to wait an episode or how much time you have to work on it. Just as long as people are happy with the season will make everything.

In my opinion, Vul is kinda rushing things in which nobody should do for their work regardless of the circumstances. If everybody becomes happy by delaying the season and not rush things, then the wait will be worth. Same thing for episodes as not trying to release a whole bunch of episodes during the summertime can make it feel better.

I have decided to not participate unless Vul decides to rework the season to make sure everybody gets to play as their own sim.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    I mean Alleen gave up a spot on the show in order to make sure that other people won't be rejected. Nobody should have to do that. Everybody that sign-ups should be able to play with their own sims and not give-up a chance to play this season.

In general, what I am trying to state that everybody should play as their own sim regardless if it means waiting longer for the season to start. Everybody will happy then even if it means that it will take more time to finish things.
    BTW, call me Jake.