Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA_Mage said ''soon'' ! How ''soon'' ?

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited May 2018
    Le0Heart wrote: »
    Would you guys be upset if they didn’t release anything this period besides a trailer for a EP that would release in nov?

It would just give me more time to be skeptical of the dlc. Besides, I never purchase anything when it launches. I would not say it would make me upset.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You know if the I Play is where they announce things - why on earth does anyone expect to learn now what is going to be in the announcement? They want you all to at least tune into the EA Play - and you all will be more inclined to if you want to really know things and there would be no point in that if you were to get info now. Believe me knowing EA they won't let the devs share anything they want to keep a surprise until the EA Play and the CEO's stage show. No matter how irate it makes people not knowing - they are more inclined to having the CEO do his thing then satisfy our inquisitive natures at this point as those TECH trade shows are a very big deal to companies like EA and they spend humongous amounts of money on them to give a good show of EA's products - so I highly doubt we will learn very much at all between now and the actual show.

That is not to say we'll learn nothing - but anything big I am sure we won't get info on.

For SP's and GP's yes, since they obviously have much shorter marketing cycles attached to them.

For EP's, no, since it has been confirmed that the next thing coming to The Sims 4, will be playable also at EA Play. They will NOT announce a brand new EP there and have it playable the same day or the day after. Not going to happen.

So the EP seems out of reach to me. Ofcourse they can reveal the next EP there, and also maybe another pack (SP or GP) before EA Play (and have that playable there) and release the EP like in August/September.

Speculation ofcourse, but hey, that's what you get when you suddenly stop with your Quarterly Teasers. It really is back to the old days again.

And obviously 'Soon' in EA speak means over a month at least. If they are really going to wait until EA Play, they could have just said: Wait until EA Play. Not this whole vague soon yada yada.

Graham said in his post that he's not going to be at EA Play this year, so that pretty much confirms it's not an SP that's featured since he's the head of the SP group.

A mid-May announcement would still be a long enough lead time for an EP announcement before EA Play, so either next week or the following.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2018
    You know if the I Play is where they announce things - why on earth does anyone expect to learn now what is going to be in the announcement? They want you all to at least tune into the EA Play - and you all will be more inclined to if you want to really know things and there would be no point in that if you were to get info now. Believe me knowing EA they won't let the devs share anything they want to keep a surprise until the EA Play and the CEO's stage show. No matter how irate it makes people not knowing - they are more inclined to having the CEO do his thing then satisfy our inquisitive natures at this point as those TECH trade shows are a very big deal to companies like EA and they spend humongous amounts of money on them to give a good show of EA's products - so I highly doubt we will learn very much at all between now and the actual show.

That is not to say we'll learn nothing - but anything big I am sure we won't get info on.

For SP's and GP's yes, since they obviously have much shorter marketing cycles attached to them.

For EP's, no, since it has been confirmed that the next thing coming to The Sims 4, will be playable also at EA Play. They will NOT announce a brand new EP there and have it playable the same day or the day after. Not going to happen.

So the EP seems out of reach to me. Ofcourse they can reveal the next EP there, and also maybe another pack (SP or GP) before EA Play (and have that playable there) and release the EP like in August/September.

Speculation ofcourse, but hey, that's what you get when you suddenly stop with your Quarterly Teasers. It really is back to the old days again.

And obviously 'Soon' in EA speak means over a month at least. If they are really going to wait until EA Play, they could have just said: Wait until EA Play. Not this whole vague soon yada yada.

Graham said in his post that he's not going to be at EA Play this year, so that pretty much confirms it's not an SP that's featured since he's the head of the SP group.

A mid-May announcement would still be a long enough lead time for an EP announcement before EA Play, so either next week or the following.

Yup here's hoping. Everything is welcome except another SP.

I would be happy with a Witches GP too. They did a great job with Vampires, so can't wait to see what they will do with Witches.

• Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I don’t know why they just don’t say “You’ll hear news at EA Play in June” instead of being cryptic about it and dragging it out. Unless the announcement is happening a few weeks before EA Play. The suspense!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Would you guys be upset if they didn’t release anything this period besides a trailer for a EP that would release in nov?

that would be awful
    Why? (genuinely surprised by that answer)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

I'm honestly hoping that it's because he'll be hard at work on another release. It couldn't hurt to hope, so long as I don't let my hopes get too high. Also, I wonder which takes longer to develop: Game Packs or Expansion Packs.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Depends on what expansion it is if its a boring expansion like University or Supernatural I'd be upset because we have had nothing but duds this year. Now if it was Seasons or a pack like Nightlife that added actual new game play like slow dancing cars turn ons turn offs I could easily wait.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member

I agree, an announcement next week or the one after would be perfect timing for an EP announcement, as then they could have it playable at EA Play and then release a week or two after (as they would want to have players try it at EA Play close to its release date).

I would speculate that we could possibly have an annoucement around May 8th for a June 12th-ish release date (so immediately after EA Play), or announcement around May 15th for a June 19th-ish release (a week after EA Play ends, which could also work if they wanted one last marketing video or dev playthrough before release).

It could also be possible that they are going to use EA Play to announce a new pack for the next quarter (so the reason there was no teaser this quarter would be because there's no pack releases for this quarter), but I think this is slightly (but only slightly) less likely, as EA Play is about PLAYING games that are about to be released, giving players a chance to test-play a new game in the hopes that they'll like it, and buy it. Therefore I think it's slightly more likely that we could have a surprise EP release this quarter, which will be playable at EA Play (in regards to no quarterly teaser, I've said before that they wouldn't want to announce an EP too far ahead of time, even if it is released this quarter [think of GT's marketing campaign], and especially in a short teaser with little information, then leave us without information for months).
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »

I agree, an announcement next week or the one after would be perfect timing for an EP announcement, as then they could have it playable at EA Play and then release a week or two after (as they would want to have players try it at EA Play close to its release date).

I would speculate that we could possibly have an annoucement around May 8th for a June 12th-ish release date (so immediately after EA Play), or announcement around May 15th for a June 19th-ish release (a week after EA Play ends, which could also work if they wanted one last marketing video or dev playthrough before release).

It could also be possible that they are going to use EA Play to announce a new pack for the next quarter (so the reason there was no teaser this quarter would be because there's no pack releases for this quarter), but I think this is slightly (but only slightly) less likely, as EA Play is about PLAYING games that are about to be released, giving players a chance to test-play a new game in the hopes that they'll like it, and buy it. Therefore I think it's slightly more likely that we could have a surprise EP release this quarter, which will be playable at EA Play (in regards to no quarterly teaser, I've said before that they wouldn't want to announce an EP too far ahead of time, even if it is released this quarter [think of GT's marketing campaign], and especially in a short teaser with little information, then leave us without information for months).

Quick update to say that I saw Simguru Graham's comment in General Discussion here. So it's unlikely to be an annoucement at EA Play (unless they're announcing a new pack for next quarter in addition to whatever will be available to play at EA Play, but I find that unlikely).

So if it's an EP, I would expect an announcement next week or the one after.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    Soon, EA Financial Results on May 8th.

I can't wait for hearing what Andrew Wilson will tell about The Sims this quarter.
    But I doubt he will give us a hint for the upcoming pack.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Do you think they'd announce it on the heels of the patch or not?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Maybe we'll get a Teaser Tomorrow and a Trailer and announcement Tuesday.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

hope your right cat
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member

Please EA, let this prediction come true!!!
  • Options
    CeCeDot wrote: »

Please EA, let this prediction come true!!!

it would be nice to have something to look forward to
  • Options
    when is ea play
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    when is ea play
    See https://www.ea.com/eaplay2018
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited May 2018
    The theory of having an announcement this week or next makes a lot of sense.
    Then, if nothing happens this week or next, then I really don't know what to expect...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    TheSims posted this today. They might be hinting a teaser is coming Monday and news on Tuesday.

Penguin? Cold pizza ? The only hint I can get from this is a winter vacation GP..

Yay penguins coming back in Seasons maybe and possibly Uni at a Geek Greek house (my Greek houses always got free pizza in Sims 2)- both from Sims 2 of course. I loved those sims 2 penquins who'd judge your snowman and talk to it. They still make me giggle in Sims 2. Probably just me and wishful thinking. LOL.[/quo

Knowing EA they will add a winter pack then a summer pack then an autum pack and finally winter ;D
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Then, if nothing happens this week or next, then I really don't know what to expect...

I would be so confused if they didn't announce anything this week. Isn't this the time they'd announce something if it's going to be available to play at EA Play in less than 3 weeks? If it doesn't get announced this week, then I don't think it could be any type of packs, but maybe an update or maybe something for the Sims on Console or Mobile. Fingers crossed something gets announced today :):)
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

I would be so confused if they didn't announce anything this week. Isn't this the time they'd announce something if it's going to be available to play at EA Play in less than 3 weeks? If it doesn't get announced this week, then I don't think it could be any type of packs, but maybe an update or maybe something for the Sims on Console or Mobile. Fingers crossed something gets announced today :):)

If we get anything today it will be a teaser. A press release and trailer would come tomorrow.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2018

If we get anything today it will be a teaser. A press release and trailer would come tomorrow.

Yes, but if they don't announce (the supposed EP) this week, I doubt it's going to be an EP playable at all at EA Play.

I already feel time is running really low to begin with. You don't want to announce something like an EP very shortly before EA Play where you have that same EP playable.

They are not going to give people hands-on time with something without them having even a chance to show it off to the rest of the world after the event..

What's the point showing off the EP after people already had hands on time with it and can post everything online?
  • Options

Yes, but if they don't announce (the supposed EP) this week, I doubt it's going to be an EP playable at all at EA Play.

I already feel time is running really low to begin with. You don't want to announce something like an EP very shortly before EA Play where you have that same EP playable.

They are not going to give people hands-on time with something without them having even a chance to show it off to the rest of the world after the event..

What's the point showing off the EP after people already had hands on time with it and can post everything online?

They could still announce next week if not this week.