Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA_Mage said ''soon'' ! How ''soon'' ?

Comments

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    That picture is just in game stuff already and just them talking about the weekend....isn't it?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    Hopefully we get an EP Teaser Today and a Trailer and News Release Tomorrow.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    simlotte wrote: »
    probably just "my first pizza stuff pack" ...

OHOH but what about "my first hangover stuff pack!" I would loooove that! With a keg as gameplay object and an uncomfortable buff with a headache after giong to bed after having a few drinks at the bar! And loads of bar decorations, maybe a few party an a few lounging outfits for the party and for what comes afterwards. Oh and walk of shames :smiley: I would sooo play that ! and everyone just having cold pizza all day, laying on the couch!

I would LOVE to see hangovers and a "walk of shame"! We really do need a line of "M" rated packs to supplement this game. >:)

That will never happen - it is just about forbidden to speak of anything past a teen rating.
    Sims 3 had them though. Maybe Sims 1 and 2 as well. It would be kind of strange if it’s forbidden to speak about ingame features.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

I hope so but I really think nothing is coming this quarter. I hope im proven wrong though .
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,331 Member
    No teaser and looks like if it's gonna be anything for Sims 4 on pc it's probably a stuff pack
    I'm very very disappoint
  • Options
    Fausti78Fausti78 Posts: 21 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    No teaser and looks like if it's gonna be anything for Sims 4 on pc it's probably a stuff pack
    I'm very very disappoint

i really was expecting a EP ,but yes i think the same you do. After all this days of silence i was hopping something big.
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »
    I'm very very disappoint

The week isn't over.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,312 Member
    edited April 2018
    Next event is... EA Financial Results on May 8th.

I'm curious to know how much the community grew this quarter compared to 2017.
    FY17 Q4 +33% compared to FY16 Q4

FY18 Q1 +20% compared to FY17 Q1
    FY18 Q2 +40% compared to FY17 Q2
    FY18 Q3 +35% compared to FY17 Q3
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

I hope so but I really think nothing is coming this quarter. I hope im proven wrong though .

If they have "new Sims experiences" at EA Play, that would almost guarantee something in June which is still in this quarter -- whatever is shown at EA Play could be available in mid to late June.

Unfortunately nothing today -- they could do something tomorrow for May 1st.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    We're desperate for news, so I don't even know why SimGuruGraham wants to make risky decisions, such as trolling. However, I am grateful that people in these forums are extremely mature and patient, it's a nice change of pace from the other game forum I'm in.
  • Options
    I'm getting tired of the silence. I need news.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited May 2018

Question, If they did try to send help, a go-between, would you reject the help, or did we?
    So then we shall wait.
    "No news is good news " :)
    An old lady told me that once, and I did not like it and I did not understand what she meant, to me the only good news was good news.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    edited May 2018

News :)

EA PLAY Press Conference
    TUNE IN JUNE 9 AT 11:00 PDT / 19:00 BST
    Big gameplay reveals, surprise announcements, and more!
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

Question, If they did try to seen help, a go-between, would you reject the help, or did we?
    So then we shall wait.
    An old lady told me that once, and I did not like it and I did not understand what she meant, to me the only good news was good news.
    “No news is good news” is an old saying which often has been used in situations where people fear bad news of some kind.

So for TS4 this saying is therefore only relevant if you fear that EA soon will tell us that TS4’s time is over or if you fear that EA soon could tell us that TS4 will be the very last big Sims game for the Mac and/or Windows platforms - or something like that. But I don’t think that we have to fear that TS4’s time is over before 2019 or that TS4 won’t be followed by a new big Sims game when its time is over. So the saying doesn’t seem relevant here :)
  • Options

Erpe wrote: »

Question, If they did try to seen help, a go-between, would you reject the help, or did we?
    So then we shall wait.
    “No news is good news” is an old saying which often has been used in situations where people fear bad news of some kind.

So for TS4 this saying is therefore only relevant if you fear that EA soon will tell us that TS4’s time is over or if you fear that EA soon could tell us that TS4 will be the very last big Sims game for the Mac and/or Windows platforms - or something like that. But I don’t think that we have to fear that TS4’s time is over before 2019 or that TS4 won’t be followed by a new big Sims game when its time is over. So the saying doesn’t seem relevant here :)

It's relevant here Erpe because we are waiting on news of what will be announced, correct,? We are tired of waiting, so words of encouragement would be NO news is good news.

So yea relevant Erpe.
    Are you fishing?
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

So then we shall wait.

It's relevant here Erpe because we are waiting on news of what will be announced, correct,? We are tired of waiting, so words of encouragement would be NO news is good news.

So yea relevant Erpe.
    Are you fishing?

No. But why would you fear the news to be bad news?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm getting tired of the silence. I need news.

I think we'll hear something may third there doing mobile sims stuff till then
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018
    You know if the I Play is where they announce things - why on earth does anyone expect to learn now what is going to be in the announcement? They want you all to at least tune into the EA Play - and you all will be more inclined to if you want to really know things and there would be no point in that if you were to get info now. Believe me knowing EA they won't let the devs share anything they want to keep a surprise until the EA Play and the CEO's stage show. No matter how irate it makes people not knowing - they are more inclined to having the CEO do his thing then satisfy our inquisitive natures at this point as those TECH trade shows are a very big deal to companies like EA and they spend humongous amounts of money on them to give a good show of EA's products - so I highly doubt we will learn very much at all between now and the actual show.

That is not to say we'll learn nothing - but anything big I am sure we won't get info on.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    You know if the I Play is where they announce things - why on earth does anyone expect to learn now what is going to be in the announcement? They want you all to at least tune into the EA Play - and you all will be more inclined to if you want to really know things and there would be no point in that if you were to get info now. Believe me knowing EA they won't let the devs share anything they want to keep a surprise until the EA Play and the CEO's stage show. No matter how irate it makes people not knowing - they are more inclined to having the CEO do his thing then satisfy our inquisitive natures at this point as those TECH trade shows are a very big deal to companies like EA and they spend humongous amounts of money on them to give a good show of EA's products - so I highly doubt we will learn very much at all between now and the actual show.

That is not to say we'll learn nothing - but anything big I am sure we won't get info on.

For SP's and GP's yes, since they obviously have much shorter marketing cycles attached to them.

For EP's, no, since it has been confirmed that the next thing coming to The Sims 4, will be playable also at EA Play. They will NOT announce a brand new EP there and have it playable the same day or the day after. Not going to happen.

So the EP seems out of reach to me. Ofcourse they can reveal the next EP there, and also maybe another pack (SP or GP) before EA Play (and have that playable there) and release the EP like in August/September.

Speculation ofcourse, but hey, that's what you get when you suddenly stop with your Quarterly Teasers. It really is back to the old days again.

And obviously 'Soon' in EA speak means over a month at least. If they are really going to wait until EA Play, they could have just said: Wait until EA Play. Not this whole vague soon yada yada.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018
    rudy8292 wrote: »

For SP's and GP's yes, since they obviously have much shorter marketing cycles attached to them.

For EP's, no, since it has been confirmed that the next thing coming to The Sims 4, will be playable also at EA Play. They will NOT announce a brand new EP there and have it playable the same day or the day after. Not going to happen.

So the EP seems out of reach to me. Ofcourse they can reveal the next EP there, and also maybe another pack (SP or GP) before EA Play (and have that playable there) and release the EP like in August/September.

Speculation ofcourse, but hey, that's what you get when you suddenly stop with your Quarterly Teasers. It really is back to the old days again.

And obviously 'Soon' in EA speak means over a month at least. If they are really going to wait until EA Play, they could have just said: Wait until EA Play. Not this whole vague soon yada yada.

Actually they have never been known to do EPs at EA Play. That is usually a Gamescom thing, but I suppose it could happen there if EA wants it to. Guess we wait and see. LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    Well, this has been a very underwhelming start to the new fiscal year. Anyway, we're probably only getting a stuff pack this quarter and maybe a content patch. At this point, I doubt there's anything big coming before July. I'm thinking this time is being dedicated to Mobile while restructuring and rethinking the Sims 4 PC strategy. It's possible that the backlash of the Pets stuff pack might have had a little impact on their initial plans for the year. I dunno. I guess we'll see.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I love hearing crickets as much as the next person who grew up out back and hates traffic in rural living. But this is getting ridiculous.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    Would you guys be upset if they didn’t release anything this period besides a trailer for a EP that would release in nov?
  • Options
    Le0Heart wrote: »
    Would you guys be upset if they didn’t release anything this period besides a trailer for a EP that would release in nov?

Ya Sure, You betcha! At this point, we are happy we are still in the game. B)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Le0Heart wrote: »

that would be awful
    more for sim kids and more drama please