Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity what's your favourite sims game?

Comments

• Options
    JrKyodaiJrKyodai Posts: 11 New Member
    definitely the sims 2
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Sims 2
    I thought I wanted an open world until we got it. However I can't deal with finding my sims eating crisps for their breakfast, going to bed early in the afternoon and having all the motive bars full when it's time to eat or sleep.

Sims 2 is also great for family play, and it seems like the sims actually care for each other.

I do like Sims 4, for the modern young adult aspect though.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sims 2
    The sims 2 but followed very, very closely by 3. In fact I’m not sure I can choose between them.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Sims 2
    The sims 2 for,

Life stages
    Items
    Skills
    Build mode
    Create a sim
    Cut scenes <3<3<3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,553 Member
    Sims 2
    A difficult choice! I marked it as Sims 2 because, at the time it was out, I was totally addicted and have never been like that with any of the other versions.

If I had to choose my current most played, it would be 3 or 4 because I sadly now find 2 a bit out-dated.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 4. It's the most relevant sequel to Sims 1, imo.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sims 2
    Definitely The Sims 2. The gameplay is the most detailed and downright fun of the games.

If The Sims 3 had optimized its open world enough so the game could hold a steady 60FPS at all times, I would probably consider that to be my favorite.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sims 3
    It was very difficult for me to choose between 2 and 3. TS2 was so amazing and is still fun to this day. I think that it made the most strides compared to the game just before it and did great things for the series in general.

However, I had to say TS3 is my favorite. I love the level of customization, the open world, and all of the attention to detail. The gameplay also feels the best to me. I feel like there is a lot of depth in TS3 and after all of these years I'm still discovering new things.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Sims 2
    The Sims 2... The Sims were so much more alive in that.
    raw
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 even though I also considered Sims Medieval because I liked this game a lot too. But I still used much more time on Sims 2 and especially loved the stories in the basegame which I used a lot of time to expand in different ways.

Sims 3 had no neighborhood stories and we couldn’t switch between the families in the same way that we could in Sims 2 because the game actively attempted to destroy the other families in the game game world. We could attempt to stop this by using mods though. But generally the open world just wasn’t worth it.

Sims Medieval was a very different game and I liked it a lot. But it was still only a sidegame which EA wanted to keep so small that we soon would return to the main game. Therefore I couldn’t choose it over Sims 2 anyway.

The games in the Sims Story Line were very good too. I bought both the Sims Life Stories and the Sims Castaway Stories and loved those games a lot. But they were still only very small games. So even though they had better stories to tell than most Sims games I couldn’t choose them.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Sims 2
    TS2 is definitely my favourite. It's the game that defined the Sims franchise for me. Ten years later and I'm still finding new stuff in the game and new ways to play, new stories to tell. I'm a rotational player and Sims 2 does this best.

Honourable mention for Sims Medieval though. :heart:

Of the three main series games I've played, I'd probably choose TS4 after TS2 because I could never get absorbed in TS3 since there was no real rotational play. But for me the other two can never compare to Sims 2's combination of gameplay, aesthetic, and offbeat humour.
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 by a mile. Sims 4 comes in second for me. As a rotational player, I did not care much for Sims 3 and didn't play it much. The original Sims is the game that started my addiction.
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Sims 2
    It's always going to be The Sims 2 for me.

I played it on the day it came out, having already been an avid Sims fan before that. I remember waiting for it to be released and feeling so satisfied when I finally had a copy in my hand on a mid September evening. The graphics were such a huge step up from The Sims and from my other games consoles I had at the time (I grew up on the Mega Drive and N64 - graphics always impress me!). I remember being awed by the sheer attention to detail, the limitless possibilities and the strong custom content and modding community. I still remember some of the long dead sites from the time and some of the people I'd speak to on The Exchange (RIP). One of my favourite simming memories is seeing snow for the first time in Seasons, I remember having my sim make hot chocolate and it was just such a gorgeous scene that really sticks out for me. I remember how new businesses were and my shock when I realised I could have my sim create a business selling anything they/I felt like.

I have so many happy memories with it and of course, I was almost 14 years younger then. But it's so much more than just nostalgia and I can't even call it rose-tinted glasses because I still play it on a regular basis. It's not that the other games are bad as such (though I do take objection to some of the decisions made), they're just not 2; they don't capture those finer details, how revolutionary it was and the surprisingly intricate storyline. It holds up remarkably well and there is a reason why it's so beloved: because it really is as good as everyone says it is.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,299 Member
    Sims 2
    The Sims 2 by nostalgia

I means I was "innocent" and "naive" when I discovered that game, it gave me a lot of good memories.
    It's always a pleasure to go back to Pleasantview.

The Sims 4 is good but I'm no longer naive and I expect for more.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sims 2
    Sims 2. I love the attention to all of the little details and I just love the open for business content. I also love the goofy and very expressive Sims. Also, closed worlds allowed me to rotate households, which I did a lot.

ETA: Sims 3 had lots of good stuff, but it just wasn’t the game for my playstyle, it was missing some of my fave stuff, and it just didn’t work for me. I’m mixed about it.

Sims 4 is kind of tied with Sims 1. It’s ok.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Sims 2
    The Sims 2 by nostalgia

I means I was "innocent" and "naive" when I discovered that game, it gave me a lot of good memories.
    It's always a pleasure to go back to Pleasantview.

The Sims 4 is good but I'm no longer naive and I expect for more.

I totally agree. It was and still is a pleasure to play. With all my favorite packs. I don't think I disliked one single pack.

Night life was brilliant
    University
    Seasons
    OFB
    Holiday
    Apartment
    Pets
    Hobbies

Great memories and still time goes so quick because I can just got lost playing it. Very addictive game for me. A classic.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    Sims 2
    Even though I've been playing since The Sims, Sims 2 is still my absolute favorite. The game allowed a lot of player creativity that you don't really see nowadays. Open for Business was my favorite pack because if you could think it you could make almost any business/restaurant for your sims to work in. By the end of the series my main neighborhood was self run with Sims owning community lots or being employees in them. In another save I used the Apartment Life features to make villages in a fantasy neighborhood. Also if you owned Sim City 4 you could make your own neighborhood maps. The Sims 4 is fun, but is very limited when it comes to world building to me and I've only recently picked up The Sims 3 because I was turned off by the rabbit holes in the past, but decided to give it a try so I don't' have much thoughts on it yet.
  • Options
    JoeyslangJoeyslang Posts: 8 New Member
    Sims 4
    I chose the Sims 4 because it reminds me of a better Sims 2 and it doesn't have the stuttering of sims 3.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Sims 2
    For me Sims 2 was the best of the franchise, following the castaways. Complete games with lots of gameplay and love put in them. I still smile when I see the Sims take things out of a drawer to cook (no pull from the rear or magically appear). How the AI was actually smarter than any Sims game to date. Sim gets rob, gets mad about it, a week later that sim gets mad out of the blue about that robbery. How the kids ran out to greet their parents when they came home from work. All the games the kids could play and instruments. That beat up car with the messed up door always got a laugh about that. Toddlers playing in the toilet or escaping their cribs. Social Bunny, passer byers stealing your newspaper..So much life in that old game. Too many to list. All those little things and little animations that brought life to the game.

I really have no hope of another Sims game coming close to Sims 2.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Sims 2
    I wanted to choose Sims 3 for all the features it possessed but I did not have an connection with the Sims themselves as I did with Sims 2. Sims 4 for me was just average and I could not connect with my sims or with the game at times because it's creativity is just not at the levels that Sims 2 or 3 was.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Sims 2
    gamekitten wrote: »
    For me Sims 2 was the best of the franchise, following the castaways. Complete games with lots of gameplay and love put in them. I still smile when I see the Sims take things out of a drawer to cook (no pull from the rear or magically appear). How the AI was actually smarter than any Sims game to date. Sim gets rob, gets mad about it, a week later that sim gets mad out of the blue about that robbery. How the kids ran out to greet their parents when they came home from work. All the games the kids could play and instruments. That beat up car with the messed up door always got a laugh about that. Toddlers playing in the toilet or escaping their cribs. Social Bunny, passer byers stealing your newspaper..So much life in that old game. Too many to list. All those little things and little animations that brought life to the game.

I really have no hope of another Sims game coming close to Sims 2.

I agree, Sims 3 would have been my favorite If I had the connection with my Sims along with all the features that Sims 3 had but it did not so Sims 2 will always be my favorite.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sims 4
    Sims 4. For me it's a whole range of things, including the rotational play management, the art style, and the sound. I think I'd probably put Sims 2 second in retrospect but I was never happy, at all, with the way time shifted backward in it. Sims 4 has found a good balance for me :) (Though it's still not the perfect Sims game for me!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Sims 3
    Sims 3, I love the open world, the creativity that is available in Sims 3 that challenges me to tell my own stories about my own sims. I tried 2 and 4 and remain a firm believer in Sims 3. No, it wasn't perfect, but neither were/are the others. It is flat out fun despite the imperfections and I learned to deal with the imperfections with mods. :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 followed by Sims 4. The first because of its' fun gameplay and I found that I could make worlds for it with SimCity4. Sims 4 because of better freewill, multitasking and easier control of needs allows me to play larger families and I like the building tools so far.

Sims 4 has a long way to go before it gives me as much fun as Sims 2.

I never managed to afford a PC that allowed me to play Sims 3 without problems at that time. I enjoyed it up to World Adventures then it all went downhill from there. I did buy all of it though. I ranted a lot about the game I remember!
  • Options
    EspisayerEspisayer Posts: 43 Member
    Sims 4
    For me the Sims 4 runs so much better and the CAS & Build Mode is much more expansive. I want to love the Sims 3, because it has SO much more gameplay. I understand why everyone loves it. It just frustrates me because things take a long time to load and respond... (especially build mode), and CAS is restrictive. Plus... the men in Sims 3 are kind of ugly xD.

I've never played Sims 2 except for on PS2 when I was like 10 and just goofed off.
    Nintendo gamer with a love for creativity, the dark side, and a sometimes childish sense of humor :p
    My YT Channel