Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I am the worst... but there is an aquarium table and I need it (I'm a fish keeper I think those things are death traps in real life for poor fish but they are also pretty so I will happily satisfy my guilty desire to own one in a Sim game where I can't hurt real fish XD)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well if I was a big family player it would be a yes still but I'm not. I am playing more with families but I barely use all the kids stuff I have already. I was really hoping if they were doing it this way the little pets would get the royal treatment and have multiple possibilities just for them. I would have been all over that. Maybe after they put a bunch of them out they can sell me a bundle at a discount but I'm so meh right now.
    I can see buying a critters pack with that hamster stuff, and other little pets to follow but yeah.
    I don't want to be debbie downer for family and light hearted players though because this isn't going to turn me against the game otherwise. It's just the start to not buying it all for me.
    Okay first stage... now move on to acceptance. Time to go play with my death mods for a bit.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I can understand why people would like hamsters, yes. I'd like them in my game too. But a single stuff pack surrounding them is too much. And it doesn't even have other small pets like birds or iguanas. Just a bunch of stuff to add on to a previous EP.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    "My First Pets Stuff Pack" .... Wow. This is the beginning of a chain of stuff packs connecting to Cats and Dogs for every individual small pet that people want.

Someone toss me a torch.

I hope "my first" means a sim child's first pet, not the first stuff pack of many

No, I think it's a play on words to deceive. It only includes rodent pets, so that means birds, ferrets, reptiles, etc. have yet to be released. Smells pretty fishy to me.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    It's all cash grab. Next will be 'My Second Pet' and on and on - because they have no real respect it seems for their fanbase.
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It's all cash grab. Next will be 'My Second Pet' and on and on - because they have no real respect it seems for their fanbase.

and My Third Pet, Fourth, Fifth...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2018
    Interesting.

You see, I was kind of interested in the idea of SP's "expanding on" other EP's/GP's.

The problem is that people feel like they have been cheated. Because the EP just came out in November. I think it would have been cooler if they actually worked on an older pack, something like GTW, and introduced something fresh and new instead of doing it with the last EP that was released. Because it means they obviously could have included this SP in the EP.

But to be honest, I do find it an interesting concept. However, I think with the track record of TS4, unfortunately a lot of people will be outraged by it because the EP's kind of suck all around. If this stuff pack had a large discount for those who owned C&D, then I think people would handle it better. I have made posts before defending the SP/GP's from TS4 compared to TS3. But with the increased frequency of the SP's, even though we are getting more compared to the way TS3 was set up, the quality of the EP's are lower yet the prices stay the same. So does it matter that the SP's are better in TS4 when you compare prices and quantity of TS4 to the amount of "stuff" you get in other iterations? Especially when the quality of TS4 is much lower? In my opinion, no. They should be working harder to impress us since the quality of TS4 is lower than any other iteration. This iteration is actually regressive in a lot of ways, and it would be good for them to step their game up. Not just for one or two packs either. They need to continuously raise the bar until they find a level of quality that as many people as possible are satisfied with.

I genuinely gave TS4 a chance to prove itself. I thought with packs like DO, Vampires, Parenthood, etc. - funnily enough all GP's - were a sign that there was going to be a change in the content that was going to be released. But it seems like they are just trying to sell incomplete products that require SP's to fill in the gaps. I think that is wrong. I think they should be releasing complete products to the best of their ability and if they want to create SP's or GP's that expand on other packs, I think they should be doing it with the older packs that could use some polishing and have had more analytics and metrics that have been collected over a larger period of time. It would also be nice if their game update focused on fixing issues specifically in the EP that they are gearing the SP/GP towards, making the EP their prime focus to fix as much as possible. C&D JUST came out. They should have more data on older packs meaning they could have used those efforts to tackle both large and small issues that have existed for a longer period of time and did not have the resources available to fix it after the initial release of the pack since they had to move on to another project.

Imagine if they created a GP for CL that allowed users to create their own apartment buildings along with other new ideas and gameplay? Or an SP for GTW that added new gameplay items that allowed users to have more control over their shops and cafes? The SP's and GP's that are geared towards specific EP's should provide more than a standalone SP/GP since they are building upon frameworks that have already been developed. So the SP's/GP's released for C&D should be more advanced since the systems, tools, etc. of C&D were already developed in the EP that was released, and they would still have all of the ideas and concepts that didn't make it to the final EP so they wouldn't be working on something entirely new and different, they would just be continuing their work on C&D, meaning the extra content related to that pack should feel a lot more abundant.

I think this type of SP has some potential to be effective, but EA is going about it in the wrong way in my opinion. Instead of selling us low quality EP's and releasing SP's after the fact to make it feel complete, they should be releasing high quality EP's and then people will genuinely see this as an extension of the EP rather than a cash grab to just make a profit off of stuff that should have been included in the original EP to begin with.

That's just my opinion though. Maybe this idea just won't work, period. I think it could work if they did it correctly. But then again, I haven't bought any packs since Parenthood. The last SP that I received was Vintage Glamour, and that was gifted to me. The last EP I received was CL and that was also gifted to me ... I'm waiting for them to step their game up before I buy anything else. If I do happen to buy something, I'm going to wait for it to go on at LEAST a 50% off sale.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It should have been a GP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Skipping this one. My simself household is sitting unplayed in my library. We are missing our pet birds.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Cool...I guess? But honestly, it would not have hurt to have added all of this to Cats & Dogs, I mean really would not have hurt one bit. . . but that's just my opinion,
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    I'm telling you guys: they're testing the waters. They wanna see what they can get away with, and if you buy this stuff pack, it's not gonna be the last pack of it's kind and more shady practices are gonna pop up too. This is blatantly saying "remember when Sims 2 and Sims 3 gave you both big and small pets for $40? Well here they are for $50 and if you pay we might give you the privilege of paying us more money for more missing features in the future!!"

If this thing actually sells well, then I think this game is officially a lost cause.

i am almost convinced that one day they will you a little item for 10$ that goes off with a whole bunch of confeiti and can only be used once (of coruse you can buy as many as you want for 10$ each) and you know what people will still buy it be excited for it.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Smells pretty fishy to me.

At least we already have fish. :D
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    It has been announced (somewhere) that Cats and Dogs is the highest selling EP of Sims 4. EA has dollar signs in their eyes at this point. They see a capitalistic opportunity and they are running top speed with it. People were complaining about missing small pets, so the company heads know that they are in huge demand and are sitting comfortably up in their spacious offices, clearing some room for all of the piles of money about to come in, while rubbing their hands and twirling their moustaches.

Seriously, how many small pets stuff packs do you think they are planning right now? This one specifies it is only the first, and most of those objects look like they even use the same meshes from the expansion, the very expansion that was short on pet objects. Well, now it has been confirmed why.

I think if you're right and they're planning more small pet packs, they'd be kidding themselves and insanely out of touch with their own product.

I don't think Pets sold as well as it did because people love Pets that much. I think Pets sold well because it's symbolic. It was partially a love of pets, but I think it's also that having Pets is another milestone step towards the Sims 4 feeling "complete." There was a big spike when Toddlers released too, and it's for the exact same reason. I bet Seasons will see a speak too for similar reasons.

If they're thinking they can just release parrots, turtles, hamsters and all kinds of pet packs and make bank, I think they may be severely disappointed with the results.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    What is the problem? Do you remember the TS3 Store sold cows and chickens tied to an object, and this looks about the same (just much better value). :confused:

What objects were the cows and chickens tied to? @Simanite
  • Options
    Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Removed. It's a bit too dark, please steer away from murdery remarks.}

Never in my simming live would have thought that expension packs would need stuff packs to expand there missing content.

We should have predicted this ever since they named the pack cats and dogs, oh wait i think we did.

I'm very disappointed I'm very ashamed

I no longer want to be simmer in this age.

Honestly if we look at Stuff Packs, they are all items that could or should have been included in with the base game or game/exp packs. So it's really not that different when we break it down. But I can understand where the frustration comes from, and I totally respect it. I'm still going to get it, but I too feel this should have been included with Cats and Dogs since it's a pet-centric pack.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I will get the My First Pet Stuff Pack - it appeals to me.

However, it is fair to think that small pets should have been in a proper Pets EP.

We may get a separate SP for rabbits too - rabbits are popular.

Plus, birds too.

So, we may see half a dozen small pet SPs

Wow!

That will be expensive with Cats & Dogs added on top.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Wow, and I thought this game could sink no lower! Gotta almost admire the brazen audacity of the studio for this one /slow clap
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    "My First Pets Stuff Pack" .... Wow. This is the beginning of a chain of stuff packs connecting to Cats and Dogs for every individual small pet that people want.

Someone toss me a torch.

I hope "my first" means a sim child's first pet, not the first stuff pack of many

No, I think it's a play on words to deceive. It only includes rodent pets, so that means birds, ferrets, reptiles, etc. have yet to be released. Smells pretty fishy to me.

That's why I chose the word "hope" :/
    I can absolutely see how you may be right though