Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    It has been announced (somewhere) that Cats and Dogs is the highest selling EP of Sims 4. EA has dollar signs in their eyes at this point. They see a capitalistic opportunity and they are running top speed with it. People were complaining about missing small pets, so the company heads know that they are in huge demand and are sitting comfortably up in their spacious offices, clearing some room for all of the piles of money about to come in, while rubbing their hands and twirling their moustaches.

Seriously, how many small pets stuff packs do you think they are planning right now? This one specifies it is only the first, and most of those objects look like they even use the same meshes from the expansion, the very expansion that was short on pet objects. Well, now it has been confirmed why.

I think if you're right and they're planning more small pet packs, they'd be kidding themselves and insanely out of touch with their own product.

I don't think Pets sold as well as it did because people love Pets that much. I think Pets sold well because it's symbolic. It was partially a love of pets, but I think it's also that having Pets is another milestone step towards the Sims 4 feeling "complete." There was a big spike when Toddlers released too, and it's for the exact same reason. I bet Seasons will see a speak too for similar reasons.

If they're thinking they can just release parrots, turtles, hamsters and all kinds of pet packs and make bank, I think they may be severely disappointed with the results.

Maxis out of touch with the players? Where have you been.... :wink:
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    On the one hand, I'm so not surprised they did this. On the other hand, I can't believe they're not considering the backlash this will cause which will hurt them in the long run.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    This is blatant evidence they absolutely want to cut up content and raise the price by demanding X amount of packs for the same amount of content we used to get in one simple expansion pack.

If people aren't gonna put their foot down about this, I honestly think they should go nuts cause apparently they can get away with anything.

And it works. If we buy, we condemn TS5 to be meh... And if it's the same for TS5, it's US that we should blame.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited March 2018
    Why no guinea pigs? :'(
    Post edited by LiaRose1435 on
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    YES! This looks like it will be one of my favourite SPs: Toddlers/Kids Room 2.0 with an added dash of pets! :love:

Just look at that kids room (especially the craft table - adorable!):

CHhQKtE.jpg

And now my toddlers and cats/dogs can match!

HkiTWdC.jpg

I really don't see why people are up in arms about this. I have definitely seen people asking for more outfits and stuff for pets, both in TS4 and the TS3 days. This to me is no different to the cows or chickens that were sold on the TS3 Store, only this is much better value.

Also, please don't make assumptions about me "that I'll buy anything EA chucks out" or that people like me are at fault for your perceived decline in The Sims' quality. I buy what I know I will use and get enjoyment out of, the £10 I pay for this will give me a lot of enjoyment. I was happy to pay £35 for Cats and Dogs because the content merited that price - I didn't think anything was missing. If you bought C&D thinking small pets were missing, that's your lookout.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    tastong wrote: »
    I've been here since the Sims 1. This is so disrespectful to us long time fans. Honestly, it's disrespectful to the entire consumer base. You don't make dlc for your dlc. This should have been included in the EP or given as free content.

Completely disappointed with TS4 at this point.

It's like a dream within a dream, a DLC within a DLC...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I guess they've got to make back all that money they lost from battlefront 2 somehow...

Why not cut the cats &Dogs expansion in half? Oh, you're not satisfied with Cats & Dogs? here's a £10 pack of things we cut from the final game, oh and just to put salt in the wound and spit in the faces of loyal fans, here's My SECOND pet this time you get some crappy stickers and a rabbit. Disgusting...
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    Luke wrote: »
    Interesting.

You see, I was kind of interested in the idea of SP's "expanding on" other EP's/GP's.

Me too! I was thinking of all the possibilities of things that can be added to older packs to flesh them out even more. But my problem is this pack doesn't seem like it truly fleshes out Cats & Dogs. First, I can't ignore that the time gap between Cats & Dogs and this pack is so small that it points to the idea the stuff may have been ready in time to release in Cats & Dogs and for whatever reason they decided to hold this stuff on the side so they can release it now separately for more money. I cannot ignore that possibility.

There's also a possibility that due to Cats & Dogs "success" they rushed to come up with a couple pieces of new content Pets related so they can release this pack as quickly as possible before the hype dies.

Secondly, the items included in this pack don't really add much to the Cats & Dogs aside from giving them some onesies and an astronaut suit. That's so little that it's not even worthy to be separated. They've justified it by throwing in a fish tank table and a hamster. By viewing the other threads on the subject, I've seen people say they want to buy the pack specifically for this fish tank table and hamster.

Also, wasn't there intense backlash on this forum for quite a while at the idea of putting pets in outfits? People were really upset about the taco item.

I'm still baffled they had to trick people into this by reducing Cats & Dogs to just $20 for the longest time.

It's honestly outrageous.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Mouse1996 wrote: »
    Oh what an atrocious act
    Very filthy very bad
    My eyes have seen
    What shouldn't be seen
    The sims is murdered
    In front of my eyes.

Never in my simming live would have thought that expension packs would need stuff packs to expand there missing content.

We should have predicted this ever since they named the pack cats and dogs, oh wait i think we did.

I'm very disappointed I'm very ashamed

I no longer want to be simmer in this age.

Honestly if we look at Stuff Packs, they are all items that could or should have been included in with the base game or game/exp packs. So it's really not that different when we break it down. But I can understand where the frustration comes from, and I totally respect it. I'm still going to get it, but I too feel this should have been included with Cats and Dogs since it's a pet-centric pack.

This is true. Its been this way since sims 2 days. I do feel bad for the people that don't have cats and dogs. I know for me waiting for content in this game is a drag. Imagine a stuff pack for a game you love you cant use. I hope they come out with more content for everyone soon.
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I will get the My First Pet Stuff Pack - it appeals to me.

However, it is fair to think that small pets should have been in a proper Pets EP.

We may get a separate SP for rabbits too - rabbits are popular.

Plus, birds too.

So, we may see half a dozen small pet SPs

Wow!

That will be expensive with Cats & Dogs added on top.

It just seems rather ridiculous how they can use all these small animals as seperate packs. There seems no logic whatsoever :(
    I am the champion, my friend
    Simanite wrote: »
    What is the problem? Do you remember the TS3 Store sold cows and chickens tied to an object, and this looks about the same (just much better value). :confused:

The difference is that Sims 3's Pet expansion improved upon Sims 2's by adding Pet skills, more controllable pets, more small pets and Horses. The cows and chickens were an afterthought and never expected content.

Sims 4 didn't have pet skills, didn't have controllable pets, didn't have pet careers, doesn't have small pets period and doesn't have horses. It actively neglected to included content we expected to see. Now here we are about 4 months later and they want to charge us $10 for a pet that was once released for free for Sims 1.

Um, those things were part of the reason why C&D was much more enjoyable for me than TS3 Pets.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited March 2018
    I mean, in the end it's your money. You do what you want with your hard-earned moolah.

{EA_Lanna: Removed pointed remark. Please do not knock others or their choices.}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    aricarai wrote: »
    What is the problem? Do you remember the TS3 Store sold cows and chickens tied to an object, and this looks about the same (just much better value). :confused:

What objects were the cows and chickens tied to? @Simanite

The cows come in a little stable and the chickens were in a coup. They were so cute, I want them in 4!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

What objects were the cows and chickens tied to? @Simanite

To their animal stalls.
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Lame I'll be skipping this not worth the money
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yeah, I can see them connecting these new "pet" stuff packs to life stages. You know...the "first" one for kids to learn how to keep rodents, the next will be for Teens and we'll get snakes and lizards, then we'll get ferrets and bunnies and "emotional support" animals for college age, and last we'll get birds for the Elders. Pretty brilliant, if that's what they're planning.
    #Team Occult
    edited March 2018
    I mean, in the end it's your money. You do what you want with your hard-earned moolah. {EA_Lanna: Removed pointed remark. Please do not knock others or their choices.}

Comments like that REALLY rile me up. It's absolutely fine to say you think this SP is a disgrace and you won't be buying it, but what is not fine is commenting on MY spending or opinion or character. How am I wasting money when it is something I will enjoy and use excessively?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    On the one hand, I'm so not surprised they did this. On the other hand, I can't believe they're not considering the backlash this will cause which will hurt them in the long run.

That's just it: they probably have.

Don't be surprised if in one week, they're apologizing, saying they always listen to the fans and value their feedback, and then they decide to release this pack for free.

The entire think could be a calculated test to see if they can get away with it. If people are outraged and they feel the damage to their reputation isn't worth the profit, then they'll go back on it and promise to never release something like this again. If people don't act outraged, they've just found a new way to get people's money and gain additional profit.

Considering how I'd absolutely expect people to forgive them if they pulled back on this, the entire thing has very little risk, potentially great reward.

They are not going to release the pack for free. They will release the C&D content for free at the very most. There is no way they are going to hand out a stuff pack that could have easily been lumped into C&D but was itemized instead for the sole purpose of making more money.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited March 2018
    I am only interested in the new aquarium/table, to be honest, nothing else. The same happened with Toddlers Stuff and guess what? I didn't buy it. Won't buy this either; probably not even half price.

Now, to chat about EA's usual mercenary tatics, I introduce you Mr Backlash *applause*
    Truth be told, though, I saw a lot of request for more content for pets in new packs. "We" kinda asked for this.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    So this is basically an expansion pack for the expansion pack...
    Where is the Better Business Bureau when you need them?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

That's just it: they probably have.

Don't be surprised if in one week, they're apologizing, saying they always listen to the fans and value their feedback, and then they decide to release this pack for free.

The entire think could be a calculated test to see if they can get away with it. If people are outraged and they feel the damage to their reputation isn't worth the profit, then they'll go back on it and promise to never release something like this again. If people don't act outraged, they've just found a new way to get people's money and gain additional profit.

Considering how I'd absolutely expect people to forgive them if they pulled back on this, the entire thing has very little risk, potentially great reward.

They are not going to release the pack for free. They will release the C&D content for free at the very most. There is no way they are going to hand out a stuff pack that could have easily been lumped into C&D but was itemized instead for the sole purpose of making more money.

What would that leave the SP with if they released the C&D content for free, though? I got the impression that a sizable chunk of the SP expands on C&D, so without that you're just paying for a hamster and a bunch of furniture. Maybe some human CAS items if you're lucky.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Removed. This is the same comment you've posted elsewhere,. Please do not spam!}