Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    @luthienrising it is not difficult to understand
    Clothes for cats and dogs require the EP
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited March 2018
    I personally don't really hate the idea of offering new content for cats and dogs and the small pets are cute. It's just small stuff pack that wasn't even mentioned in the quarterly teaser asnd we got two other packs already for people without the expansion, BUT i really don't like that we get more animal furniture and decor. We already got a ton of that and this pack has only around 3 - 4 normal furniture items.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I'm telling you guys: they're testing the waters. They wanna see what they can get away with, and if you buy this stuff pack, it's not gonna be the last pack of it's kind and more shady practices are gonna pop up too. This is blatantly saying "remember when Sims 2 and Sims 3 gave you both big and small pets for $40? Well here they are for $50 and if you pay we might give you the privilege of paying us more money for more missing features in the future!!"

If this thing actually sells well, then I think this game is officially a lost cause.

I don't generally contradict, but if you consider monetary inflation since the time of TS2, 50 dollars for TS4 pets are still cheaper.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Can't say I'm too interested.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I personally don't really hate the idea of offering new content for cats and dogs and the small pets are cute. It's just small stuff pack that wasn't even mentioned in the quarterly teaser asnd we got two other packs already for people without the expansion, BUT i really don't like that we get more animal furniture and decor. We already got a ton of that and this pack has only around 3 - 4 objects normal furniture items.

I honestly really respect that, I personally miss the small animals from TS3, I just feel like many simmers and myself wish it was included in the expansion pack. It's a lot of money now to have all animals :(
    I am the champion, my friend
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Oh my god. Make it stop.

When are we getting a doghouse?! Maybe they are keeping that for the next SP? lol.

There's a new cat condo in the picture, so a doghouse wouldn't surprising in this EP.

Of course, I just downloaded CC for that because they couldn't be bothered.

Yeah so annoying. A simple thing like a doghouse was too much for the EP that's all about cats and DOGS, and now, with this shameless cash grab they couldn't even bother including one either. What the plum.
  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2018
    I love that we're getting rats and hedgehogs, and I like the new objects in the trailer. But those pet clothes... Just no :grimace:
    Still, I can always decide not to use them, since the rest of the pack seems good. Nice to see small pets finally, can't wait to see what gameplay they have!
    Post edited by ravel on
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

I'm feeling so, so ambivalent about this.

Me too. Someone please explain why this needed to be its own pack. It even has the same bay window couch as Cats & Dogs, just recolored. The only thing that stands out to me (as insanely cool, I admit) is the fish tank coffee table.

Yes, I also noticed the bay window couch immidietly. Also, some furniture in kid's room have the same style, just as if they SUPPOSE to be in C&D... Wow... I usually try to be understanding toward their decisions, but tha stuff pack is just confusing.
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Okay... kind of excited for new content, but... we don’t get pet rabbits? Birds? Lizards? Feedable fish?!
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    and this is why I stopped Simming with Sims 3 - this is ridiculous. for $13.00CND it's so not happening. I think the modders out there have better items. Then EA wonders why people pirate games .......
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2018
    Jean wrote: »
    @plopppo2 It's literally right above you.
    @PeanutButterSims2002 Isn't that what I just said?

Yup do you really have to mention it? Lol
    I was just too excited you don't have to be rude
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    "My First Pets Stuff Pack" .... Wow. This is the beginning of a chain of stuff packs connecting to Cats and Dogs for every individual small pet that people want.

Someone toss me a torch.

I'm going to be very generous and assume that the "My First" name refers to rodents being starter pets for kids who aren't ready to care for cats and dogs.

Still, the idea is very brazen. Not only will I never buy this under any price, but I'm also very tempted to stop buying any future Sims 4 DLC if this is the treatment we're going to get.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I have to agree, this should have been in the EP. It really feels like EA is spreading content out to get maximum profits while doing less work. And this is for sure a paid pack, as it says "Stuff Pack" not "patch". So hoping it'll turn out to be a free update is not going to go the way people want.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Removed. It's a bit too dark, please steer away from murdery remarks.}

Never in my simming live would have thought that expension packs would need stuff packs to expand there missing content.

We should have predicted this ever since they named the pack cats and dogs, oh wait i think we did.

I'm very disappointed I'm very ashamed

I no longer want to be simmer in this age.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    "My First Pets Stuff Pack" .... Wow. This is the beginning of a chain of stuff packs connecting to Cats and Dogs for every individual small pet that people want.

Someone toss me a torch.

I'm going to be very generous and assume that the "My First" name refers to rodents being starter pets for kids who aren't ready to care for cats and dogs.

Still, the idea is very brazen. Not only will I never buy this under any price, but I'm also very tempted to stop buying any future Sims 4 DLC if this is the treatment we're going to get.

that is more or less how i feel -_-but you know what somehow there are people who are very excited about this. i mean someone told me this seems more like a must buy then a seasons expansion pack would be.