Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm telling you guys: they're testing the waters. They wanna see what they can get away with, and if you buy this stuff pack, it's not gonna be the last pack of it's kind and more shady practices are gonna pop up too. This is blatantly saying "remember when Sims 2 and Sims 3 gave you both big and small pets for $40? Well here they are for $50 and if you pay we might give you the privilege of paying us more money for more missing features in the future!!"

If this thing actually sells well, then I think this game is officially a lost cause.

But of course, it will work. Finally, I won't get this SP, {EA_Lanna: Removing shaming comments to others}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see them connecting these new "pet" stuff packs to life stages. You know...the "first" one for kids to learn how to keep rodents, the next will be for Teens and we'll get snakes and lizards, then we'll get ferrets and bunnies and "emotional support" animals for college age, and last we'll get birds for the Elders. Pretty brilliant, if that's what they're planning.

I could be ok with that, only if they just put the small animal in a SP that was more about the life state itself. Example- a teen SP filled with activities for that age group (thinking arcade type stuff), and they just toss in the reptiles along with it.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    The hamster blasting off in the rocket ship is really cute, but I think that this time I do have some sales resistance. The only pet clothing I've used has been leashes for the dogs and a sweater for a Sphynx cat so she wouldn't get cold. If it turns out that we might get more clothing for children and toddlers, I might get it eventually, but for right now, I'll wait and hope that it becomes a give-away for people who pre-order. Or I might buy it at the same time that I get the birds, bunnies, and lizards stuff pack.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    It looks good to me. I even sent Graham a tweet and told him it would be my favorite pack. That aquarium coffee table did it for me.

You are missing the point. The point is, that releasing DLC for DLC is NEVER correct imo.

Doesn't matter how good objects look or how cute it is. Where does this stop?
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    On the one hand, I'm so not surprised they did this. On the other hand, I can't believe they're not considering the backlash this will cause which will hurt them in the long run.

That's just it: they probably have.

Don't be surprised if in one week, they're apologizing, saying they always listen to the fans and value their feedback, and then they decide to release this pack for free.

The entire think could be a calculated test to see if they can get away with it. If people are outraged and they feel the damage to their reputation isn't worth the profit, then they'll go back on it and promise to never release something like this again. If people don't act outraged, they've just found a new way to get people's money and gain additional profit.

Considering how I'd absolutely expect people to forgive them if they pulled back on this, the entire thing has very little risk, potentially great reward.

They are not going to release the pack for free. They will release the C&D content for free at the very most. There is no way they are going to hand out a stuff pack that could have easily been lumped into C&D but was itemized instead for the sole purpose of making more money.

What would that leave the SP with if they released the C&D content for free, though? I got the impression that a sizable chunk of the SP expands on C&D, so without that you're just paying for a hamster and a bunch of furniture. Maybe some human CAS items if you're lucky.

They def can't give the C&Ds based stuff for free because most of the pack is based on it so........ It's so frustrating. I'm less and less inclined to buy it
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    On the one hand, I'm so not surprised they did this. On the other hand, I can't believe they're not considering the backlash this will cause which will hurt them in the long run.

Don't be surprised if in one week, they're apologizing, saying they always listen to the fans and value their feedback, and then they decide to release this pack for free.

The entire think could be a calculated test to see if they can get away with it. If people are outraged and they feel the damage to their reputation isn't worth the profit, then they'll go back on it and promise to never release something like this again. If people don't act outraged, they've just found a new way to get people's money and gain additional profit.

Considering how I'd absolutely expect people to forgive them if they pulled back on this, the entire thing has very little risk, potentially great reward.

They are not going to release the pack for free. They will release the C&D content for free at the very most. There is no way they are going to hand out a stuff pack that could have easily been lumped into C&D but was itemized instead for the sole purpose of making more money.

What would that leave the SP with if they released the C&D content for free, though? I got the impression that a sizable chunk of the SP expands on C&D, so without that you're just paying for a hamster and a bunch of furniture. Maybe some human CAS items if you're lucky.

Well that is true. I just can’t see an entire stuff pack being released for free as a form of damage control. That would be catastrophic for the people leading the SP team. Lots of money lost, when more money was their only motivator.
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I'm getting it.
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member

I hope you're right - not because I agree that testing the community like this (which might very well be what they're doing) is okay but if they did in fact respond to the criticism they receive, I'd be more hopeful for the future of this game.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Congrats EA, I think this is a new record for you. That is, the record for how many loyal players you can upset all at once.

Not the first time - I remember in Sims 2 pets getting small pets in Apartment life. Some people carried on over that too.

Me on the other hand - didn't. I figure if you want small pets - well it will be worth 10 bucks to you. I mean for the price of a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk you get small pets. Unlike Sims 2 you had to buy a whole new ep to get the little ones. On top of it - Sims 2 held apartments hostage for the little creatures. In this case - it's just little pets for 10 bucks.

Should of been, could have been - doesn't matter if this is the way it is done and you want small little critters - I guess you now have the chance to get them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    Honestly, I've kinda disliked the fact that items seen in stuffpacks, like the hot tub or washer/dryer, will never probably have more different designs/models than they do currently. In some ways, I've never liked the fact that I will never see these items in any other pack. As I've said before, I don't know how I feel. On one hand, I don't like this nickel and diming. On the other, I'd rather deal with the way this is than another overpriced sims store. I understand both sides, so I understand the people who don't have a problem with purchasing it. I myself am still trying to figure out how I feel about all this.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Graham must be hiding under his desk atm. Reading everything on Twitter and here too.

What a mess.

Twitter has exploded into an expletive filled firestorm. So funny. This pack is going to need damage control big time. Wonder what they’ll patch in haha

The first comment had me :D

Yes! The first comment right under the video. I dropped my phone laughing so hard
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Seriously, it's funny that enough people will buy this pack anyway to show them that they can get away with splitting everything in seperate packs. I often like the stuff packs and I have all of them, but this is just too much for me. I most definitely won't buy it.
    I would have considered buying this pack if they were more than one (!) new pet included. I was expecting something like a pack with all the small animals that were missing in Cats and Dogs, including snakes, lizards, turtles, pet birds etc.

This is just proof that they simply don't care about this game anymore and only want money. Sad actually.

I definately agree with this, I think a pack with majority of small animals would've made this a bit better, however I still believe they should've been in Cats and Dogs
    I am the champion, my friend
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited March 2018
    Simanite wrote: »
    I mean, in the end it's your money. You do what you want with your hard-earned moolah. {EA_Lanna: Removed pointed remark. Please do not knock others or their choices.}

Comments like that REALLY rile me up. It's absolutely fine to say you think this SP is a disgrace and you won't be buying it, but what is not fine is commenting on MY spending or opinion or character. How am I wasting money when it is something I will enjoy and use excessively?

That wasn't directed at you. If it was, I would've quoted you directly. This was the same kind of misunderstanding in a LD thread about those being upset for shifting the eco-living theme to laundry, and I made a general statement not quoting anyone to voice my concerns against those that made the community pack the way it became. Please don't be quick to assume my posts are directed at you specifically, thank you.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm just disappointed we don't get turtles, lizards and snakes. Bummer. :s I've always wanted a pet snake irl. *sigh*
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm sure not a lot of people would agree, but I'd rather just pay a higher price upfront for an EP that's sold as a complete bundle (I can understand because of inflation and rising development costs), rather than chopping it up and pretending that the SP expands on an already-full EP.

As much as I love Cats and Dogs, it's missing a few touches. And I don't think the solution is to charge people for more pet clothes, and possibly pet beds and doghouses, whose lack players did complain about. Dogs can't even sleep on beds in this game, which I'm very keen on because ours loves to sleep on the bed with the humans. And kids can't walk their dogs without a mod, among other things.

The SP doesn't even have other animals, just rodents. I might understand if it had a fuller range of small pets like birds and reptiles, but the SP in itself seems bare too.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    aricarai wrote: »
    What is the problem? Do you remember the TS3 Store sold cows and chickens tied to an object, and this looks about the same (just much better value). :confused:

What objects were the cows and chickens tied to? @Simanite

The cows come in a little stable and the chickens were in a coup. They were so cute, I want them in 4!

I could never get the chickens to work in my game. Never saw the cows
  • RoanCrousRoanCrous Posts: 113 Member
    sorry why should we pay extra for cats and dogs content should be in a patch?
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    This is one pack where there is a strong likelihood that I'll skip it. I never use the pet clothing from the EP other than leases. Obviously there are a lot of people that are into pet clothing though. So I appreciate the fact that they didn't go overboard on pet clothing and pet-themed furniture in the EP at the expenses of other things. I do feel like adding the hampster into this SP though was uncool....basically, if you like pets and bought the EP but have no interest in pet clothing and animal-themed furniture, here's something you can't get unless you buy the other stuff you'll never use too.
    Idk how much money LGR is getting from doing his Sims videos but I'm of half a mind to suggest he SKIP doing the review for this pack just off principle.