Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many more game packs are we going to get?

elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
With Jungle Adventure behind us we now have 6 game packs for TS4 :) How many more game packs do you think we are going to get? What do you want these last game packs to be?
qidpmcvgek8y.png

How many more game packs are we going to get? 130 votes

None. Jungle Adventure was the last game pack.
0%
Bagoas77 1 vote
1%
Azarinop2Cinebar 2 votes
3%
alanmichael1ClaudiaReispoltergeistSimCaity 4 votes
8%
auroraael14Erpedrake_mccartycatloverplayerJennyggPetarce123NordicPhoenix22xdomina89RetinaStormCazualKarmasimsislife_20 11 votes
16%
GRIMMYrudy8292SandySimMLadyAzzerasimgirl1010typicalgeminipixiejuicedigitaldiva16WulfsimmerPAM14109PiplowSaga-MinxNikNakWonderAisMrMonty96EricasFreePlayabelhinha35SimmerNickYTGelysenTodiloo 21 votes
19%
LeGardePourpreIceyJRadioAChickenkimieswildrosesashcrash19bevillethe_greenplumbobnayruslove7EnkiSchmidtBreazonaFreezerBunnyCowplantkeylimepiesimsphunktasticjoe89Teslachick2filipomelrinre33Evilyn_1007Shadowmarkedberke1294ysa88 25 votes
6-7
17%
icmnfrshColorist40Writin_RegPopcornHotsauceBlindxSecretsbloodydarkanglCheekybitsBeena0721fullspiralMouse1996AlbaWaterhouseChadSims2chacceSimtown15dreamprisonerAuronoiChieftainLiesSimPlumDiddyJemmaTheSimmerlonestarranger01 23 votes
8-10
10%
DJQ1308elelunicyChampandGirlieLexington1988HalloMolliInternal_ChaosAgustín CornejoDominicLaurenceQuisGiorgibellagorillaCupcakeViolenceMadachan88Seafood_Holic 14 votes
11-15
4%
Simburianhannaht413jackjack_kHermitgirlStrawburry3GamingTweety 6 votes
More than 15
17%
FlamingoKicker1luthienrisingLustianiciaDaemonPawsjude72plaLittlBowBubAngelEb95cheifeagleeyeKelvinquinhobpEmmely_BettineLoanetTheGoodOldGamercomicsforlifeGeckogamesChazzzyladynightlazyjuniperItsJanierLiaRose1435 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    I selected 4. Another this year. 2 in 2019. 1 in 2020.
    University
    Hobbies
    Witches
    Another vacation destination
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2018
    11-15
    I reckon;

10 EP's.
    20 GP's
    40 SP's.

I just have this weird hunch, only because I read on Twitter or something that these were the placeholder numbers used for the main menu icons slots (I know it was defs 10 EPs and 20GPs, can't remember if it was 30 or 40 SPs)

They could be there as just maximum possible.
    Post edited by jackjack_k on
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    More than 15
    Always set the bar high is what I like to say
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Unsure if TS4 will last that long though.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    11-15
    I'm thinking more supernaturals (2 or more), vacations (3 or more), Romance based, Car based, Small Pets if not squeezed into SP's, Farm based, Hobbies based (could be a bunch)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    More than 15
    I'm hoping 15 plus with the amount they put into the current packs.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I hope this many at the least, I'm enjoying my game so far and it keeps getting better too so I'm not really ready or keen to say farewell just yet!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2018
    From 2018 to 2020

Small Pets GP
    Zombies GP
    Fashion GP
    Superhero GP
    FreeTime GP

3 EP

Magic & University EP
    Seasons & Vacations EP
    Superstars EP
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    More than 15
    I voted 15 because why not? But I would to at least get 3 more: Magic, seasons and university! But if there is more to come it's welcomed!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    8-10
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    I voted 15 because why not? But I would to at least get 3 more: Magic, seasons and university! But if there is more to come it's welcomed!

I want all 3 of those to be EPs tbh. Seasons and University have always been EPs, and Magic can be a remake of Makin' Magic instead of a life state GP just about witches.
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I reckon;

10 EP's.
    20 GP's
    40 SP's.

I just have this weird hunch, only because I read on Twitter or something that these were the placeholder numbers used for the main menu icons slots (I know it was defs 10 EPs and 20GPs, can't remember if it was 30 or 40 SPs)

They could be there as just maximum possible.

The main menu doesn't use any placeholder slots ;) The data for each pack's icon is held in an array like structure and it can be of any length. Since it's designed to show any arbitrary number of icons from the beginning, placeholder slots don't make any sense.

For instance I made it to show 12 EPs and it worked without any problems.

GTBYSMS.jpg

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    I'd say 5.
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited March 2018
    2 or 3. I expect TS5 to be announced this summer and then released in the second half of 2019. So at least one more in 2018 and also at least one more in the first half of 2019. I also expect the last EP to be released later in 2018 though.

According to https://simsvip.com/2018/01/18/sims-4-consoles-complete-list-dlc-release-dates/ it also seems that EA will be able to release almost everything for the console game before TS4’s era is over.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    6-7
    I’d say 2 more EPs and about 6 more game packs
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    5 more I think, one this summer, two next year and two the following year.

What I’d like to see, a tropical vacation, romance, hobbies, another supernatural pack, and maybe another vacation destination!
  • Options
    TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    I think about 4. I would like to see a pet gp (birds, rodents, snakes, lizzards), one with more skills and hobbies, on with magic theme and I would love to have a GP that specialized on the elders, maybe with some hobby and vacation place, and I miss the canes from sims 3 university
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well one of the gurus near the launch of Cats and Dogs said that they hope players will view the launch of Cats and Dogs as the end of the first wave of content, and I can only realistically see one more wave of content, so considering there was five game packs in the first wave then I suspect five more
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2018
    I said one because that is usually what has happened, two a year so maybe another one for 2018 and I'm not sure TS4 continues into the full year of 2019. ETA: I would like to see those players who want werewolves get that pack.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    More than 15
    Anytime a poll like this comes up, I always pick the largest/longest amount. It amuses me to no end what would happen around here if we actually got there. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Anytime a poll like this comes up, I always pick the largest/longest amount. It amuses me to no end what would happen around here if we actually got there. :D

I’m glad this isn’t a space where people actively try to gather data. Responses like this are just sad, are you that obsessed with people arguing with each other?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Well one of the gurus near the launch of Cats and Dogs said that they hope players will view the launch of Cats and Dogs as the end of the first wave of content, and I can only realistically see one more wave of content, so considering there was five game packs in the first wave then I suspect five more

I presume LD and JA are just the start of the second wave, so we have a good while to go hopefully.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    More than 15
    Oh I legit want the game to continue on as long as it's reasonable to do so. We're at 6 packs now. If we get 9 more (or beyond) I'm fine with that. I enjoy the game as it is and am in no hurry to see it end.

Doesn't mean I don't get enjoyment from the idea though. Gurus have said not to expect to see patterns in development like has been done in the past, and that they're hoping for a longer shelf life for this game, and people here are quick to ignore all that so I'm curious to see what happens if that all comes true.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I at least 5 more GP.

University
    Tropical Vacation
    Supernatural (witch maybe)
    Farming/off grid GP ( though I can see this being a EP if they included horses)
    Hobbies (might be too big for GP)
    Romance
    Cars/Transportation

That's more than 5 but those are themes I think they might explore in a GP.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    More than 15
    I'd like it to go on for a very long time. The packs have been getting better each time and don't see any reason why it can't continue and be the longest running sims we've seen.

I know many other won't agree but we have plenty of sims versions to choose from now might aswell add to the currant one instead if moving on to another base game again.

I'm hoping they'll explore some fresh new ideas along with loved previous ones. That farm idea sounds so good :smiley:

So yeah.. fingers crossed for more than 15 game packs lol
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Oh I legit want the game to continue on as long as it's reasonable to do so. We're at 6 packs now. If we get 9 more (or beyond) I'm fine with that. I enjoy the game as it is and am in no hurry to see it end.

Doesn't mean I don't get enjoyment from the idea though. Gurus have said not to expect to see patterns in development like has been done in the past, and that they're hoping for a longer shelf life for this game, and people here are quick to ignore all that so I'm curious to see what happens if that all comes true.

I don’t think everyone is quick to ignore that. I think a lot of people latch onto that with extremely high hopes of what that would entail. More than 15 GP at a rate of ~2 per FY, that’s over 7 years not counting the 3.5 the game has already been on the market. Do you really think a Sims game could survive for 10+ years? Even with the smaller size of packs now they still add a lot of stuff over the course of a year. I’d imagine once it gets too big they will start fresh, but that determination is 100% behind the scenes. They will tell us to buy Sims 4 until the day it’s sequel comes out, and they will make content right up until it’s eventual release just like Sims 3.
  • Options
    lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2018
    More than 15
    Let's sacrifice all future EP in exchange for more GP! Long live Sims 4, Ninja and GP team!
    • GP with main focus on new gameplay like Vampires and Parenthood:
      +4 GP for generic life states: witches/wizards, werewolves/shapeshifters, fairies and simbots;
      +1 GP for attraction system and dating;
      +1 GP for small pets;
      +1 GP for fame system with acting, directing and awards;
      +1 GP for bands and vocals.
    • GP with main focus on new careers and management like Dine out:
      +1 GP for school management with teacher career;
      +1 GP for circus management with acrobats, magicians and fortune tellers;
      +1 GP for space travel, space station management? New planets?
      +1 GP for stylist career and beauty salon management?
      +1 GP for self-employment, inventing/crafting, factory management?
      +1 GP for resorts?
    • GP with main focus on new worlds like Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventures:
      +1 GP for rural world and farming;
      +3 GP for vacation: safari, island and northern world;
      +2 GP for new adventure destinations: desert and mountain/old town area;
      +1 GP for generic fantasy world with dragons, elves and trolls. Dungeon?
      +1 GP for postapocalyptic world with zombies and mutants;
      +1 GP for underwater world with mermaids, sharks and dolphins;
      +1 GP for "digital" world (Tron <3);
      +1 GP for alternate realities with different government regimes :D and time travel with evil speedsters.

And few little things for stuff packs:
    - punk stuff for rebels social group;
    - nerds stuff with gatherings for d&d;
    - superheros and villains: mostly suits with some powerfull and silly abilities.