Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 Patch available

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited February 2018
    @paradiseplanet She just might, if he's groovy enough. :D
    @LiELF Yes! Loved your waitress idea, this hairstyle definitely helps making more unique sims.

I hope Carlos is to her liking :)

tUsxQlp.png
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    @LiELF Yes! Loved your waitress idea, this hairstyle definitely helps making more unique sims.

tUsxQlp.png

Sculpted to perfection~~ :smile:
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    I like the new hair! Great for some Sims. Thanks for the free update!
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    After seeing all the wonderful styling here I'm all excited to try the new hair, I'm especially impressed by @Netzspannung: wonderful sims! Also @Todiloo: love the male with the hat! The shirt will be cute for gamers, yas.

I was talking with @kalaksed about the patch and he pointed out that the new skin tones were probably created for the upcoming game pack, which makes sense. That's why they cover all the missing darker tones, created for the new townies in Selvadorada. ...makes me wonder if the red glitch on the nose is accidentally stayed bug-bite or something if they tested things together.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm pleased about them giving new skin tones. Good job.

The hair isn't that bad. It's just that weird spit curl in the front. It looks like it's growing out of the scalp. Yet, at the same time, it's going in the other direction and forming a curl? Hair doesn't grow that way, whatsoever.

Hopefully, someone will do a nice edit.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited February 2018
    wow am i slow on the uptake...

one of the first things i did today upon seeing the new skin colors was edit a navajo character in my game, happy he finally had a skin tone that wasn't just 'eh, good enough'.

it wasn't until i started telling one of my friends almost halfway around the world about it (since she's just now seeing the patch stuff) before i realized...that is quite likely exactly why the skins were introduced. for 'native' types for the new game pack. central and south americans, whose tones tend to fall squarely into the new spectrum we were given. hopefully this means we'll manage to see more of them up on the gallery, too, since they're often overlooked in favor of other ethnicities

edit: and ha, ninjaed by said friend!
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited February 2018
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Not even one pale skin-tone has been added:(
    All of the 10 new skintones are dark-medium to dark.
    Oh well... that's what CC is for I guess.

There were plenty of pale skin tones though. So those weren't even remotely as urgent.

By “planty” you mean like 3: pale yellow, yellow, and odd reddish beige?
    Light skinned people don’t all have jaundice ya know.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    I still hate that hairstyle but it's nice that so many love it & are so happy! I absolutely refuse to thank them for the skintones! That should of been in the game when it came out. I will thank them for finally making them! It only took them 18 years! I am in no mood to be grateful about the lack of content that so many have been wanting for years. It is one step in that direction so forgive me for my lack of praise to them for this tiny bit of content. I will praise them when the content is all equal until then they need to get to work!
  • Options
    I took a crack at applying the new hairdo to a new Sim:

QKDsppl.png
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @simgirl1010 I am glad it turned out you liked it! As someone already answered, she is wearing the romper from CL. I really like it for party wear.
    No cc besides the CAS background.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    spencerwhart1974spencerwhart1974 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi. First post here (can't start a new new thread?). I ran the Xbox One update last night (Feb 7th) and since then, whenever I launch the game and sign in, I can't progress beyond that screen by pressing A. It says welcome and there is literally nothing else I can do as it's just waiting for me to press A and play. No button works at all apart from the home button on the controller to exit the game. My daughter is going to be distraught when she goes to play tonite and can't get anywhere!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

tUsxQlp.png

I like him, he is handsome but doesn't look like every other sim on the gallery. So good chance my sim would like him too. :)
    Is he on the gallery? I think I may put them together as a townie couple in San Myshuno (hipster) or Oasis Springs (retro).
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    edited February 2018

tUsxQlp.png

I like him, he is handsome but doesn't look like every other sim on the gallery. So good chance my sim would like him too. :)
    Is he on the gallery? I think I may put them together as a townie couple in San Myshuno (hipster) or Oasis Springs (retro).

Why no not yet, but I've got a very interesting backstory for him that involves an ancient curse and a terrible secret...his appearance is not what it seems... >:)

I was going to share him eventually one day but if you want to know who he really is, I can set him up for you!

edit: for grammar
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    *waits for the rest of the story with bated breath.*
  • Options
    *waits for the rest of the story with bated breath.*

Coincidentally his backstory fits well with the upcoming GP way before it was ever even announced. I'm glad I waited before sharing him.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I can’t see any red marks
    tumblr_p3rf1xFw831v707rto1_1280.png

I cleaned my glasses and squinted really hard and I still don’t see any red marks.

Can you tell me which area of the face I should be looking at?
  • Options

I cleaned my glasses and squinted really hard and I still don’t see any red marks.

There should be slight rash-like spots over the upper nose and upper lip.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

There should be slight rash-like spots over the upper nose and upper lip.

Ah okay I can see that.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    This townie rocked up to my vet's sporting the new 'do - I think she looks rather fabulous, her and her giant blue fluffy dog :D
    RWHZgH6.png
    YB81z1c.png
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think the hair could look good on elders :p It reminds me of the hair we got with Generations on TS3.

yT1W7go.png

The curls look nice though.

I have to agree I like the curls lol

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Also, I don't know if you can tell but some of the new skin tones, specially the darker ones, have weird red face marks on the nose.

Now I don't know if it's on purpose or not. These are just the ones that have such markings. I think it's a graphical glitch.

7MJyDx1.png

lBaiMhm.png

qYnrOXM.png

CGji5d8.png

I noticed this and thought that it was my eyes just seeing things. Kept cleaning my glasses hahahah glad to know I'm not crazy
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    I like the hair and think it looks adorable on some of my sims.

L0EQKCB.jpg

Omg that's looks awesome! Definitely putting it to use on some of my sims
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I see they still did nothing about all the excessive mess making.
    Gallery ID: LDM2