Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Long Haul Reading Circle

1131415161719...Next

Comments

• Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Hi everyone, just popping in. I've got so much going on IRL, but I fully intend to get back into writing soon. Did everyone get laundry stuff pack? I'm really looking forward to building laundry rooms for all my Sims in my stories.
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    Hi everyone, just popping in. I've got so much going on IRL, but I fully intend to get back into writing soon. Did everyone get laundry stuff pack? I'm really looking forward to building laundry rooms for all my Sims in my stories.

I got the pack! I like it, but with a big legacy home it can be time consuming to actually do the laundry with hampers scattered throughout the home!
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @cecerose0208 I didn't get the pack! The day it came out, I was actually doing real laundry and the washing machine broke. :( Made it difficult for me to want to shell out the money so my sims could have the same experience! Lol! I probably will get it soon, though, as I have trouble resisting! :D

@jbestxoxo I hadn't even thought of that! I imagine in a big house, laundry takes forever.

@everyone Just wanted to let everyone know that Allysimbuilds is no longer a part of this reading circle. Her blog has been deleted. I don't think I will be opening up another slot, as we still have seven members and I don't want things to have the potential to get too hectic. I know this isn't the most active circle, but I honestly don't mind that. I do need to do better at posting questions, though!
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    I wonder what happened to her! She was so nice :(
    I am definitely more than okay with keeping it at 7 members- I can barely keep up with that. :D
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    Oh thats so sad to hear!! I agree 7 is a good number. I will be back to posting next week, I am super excited.
  • Options
    So I have posted a general update and revamped the blog if you want to take a look!!
  • Options
    Hey guys, I have done a recap on the blog so people are up to date on where the story starts.Linked here
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Hello all! I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out -- if I tried to keep up with all my Sims stories and challenges, I wouldn't have any time for real life. I won't be a stranger, though. I'll check in from time to time to see how you all are doing. You're a great bunch!
  • Options
    That's ok @MVWdeZT ! We will miss you.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I've been MIA for a while, because I've got so much real life stuff going on, but I'm feeling very much like getting back into Simlit. I'm working on my other neighborhood rotation to try and get some chapters out, then I'll be back to pick up where I left off with Nivea! She has had some wonderful things happen in her life, and I can't wait to share it with you all.

How is everyone doing?
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT It's sad to see you go but you have to do what's best for you! :)

@SmallSeven01 I'm incredibly behind on most everyone's stories. I need to catch up on your and @jbestxoxo stories! I'm looking forward to doing so.

@cecerose0208 I'm doing okay! It's exciting to hear Nivea will be back! :) How are you doing?
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 I am doing ok. Happy Easter everyone!!

@ny275 I am glad. I will be posting my next update today or tomorrow!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone. I am not sure if I mentioned here that I was applying to grad school to get my MBA. I got accepted into the school I really wanted to go to... which is in Belgium! If the scholarship and grant situation works out, I'll head to Brussels this fall to start my MBA!
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 Congratulations! That's amazing! I hope everything works out for you with the scholarships so you can head off to Brussels! :)
  • Options
    ny275 wrote: »
    @cecerose0208 Congratulations! That's amazing! I hope everything works out for you with the scholarships so you can head off to Brussels! :)

Thanks! I'm hoping so too. Now that I'm back into the swing of writing, I'm hoping that makes all those scholarship essays flow easily, lol.
  • Options
    Wow amazing congrats @cecerose0208
  • Options
    Wow amazing congrats @cecerose0208

Thanks!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Congratulations @cecerose0208! Hope you have a wonderful time! (and learn something, too.)
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Congratulations @cecerose0208! Hope you have a wonderful time! (and learn something, too.)

Thanks!
  • Options
    MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hello! Random Simmer here! :smiley: I know your reading circle is full and this thread hasn't been active for a few months, but I figure it can't hurt to check in.

I recently began a new Build A City Challenge and am in a casual reading circle already for some encouragement (Phoenix Puffclaw), but I'm interested in connecting with someone else or a few people who are also in it for the long haul!

I'm also eager to read other people's stories, so I'm happy to catch up even if you're "ahead" of me. :smiley:

If anyone here is still writing and interested in connecting, feel free to reply here or message me! I'd love to meet you :blush:
    Post edited by Morningstar on
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • Options
    Hi @Morningstar !

We haven't been active in months. It's my fault, I stepped away from sims for a while and when I began playing again, I didn't frequent the forums. I don't think anyone in this circle is active in their featured legacy story anymore.

I actually planned on closing the circle since none of us are active enough with our stories to have engaging conversation. :/ I'm not even sure where my cohost went! So I don't think this circle will stay open.

That being said, I'd love to check out your story! :) I'm not always the most consistent reader but I always enjoy reading when I do! It's on my list now and I'll read the first couple of chapters tomorrow! :)
  • Options
    MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    ny275 wrote: »
    Hi @Morningstar !

We haven't been active in months. It's my fault, I stepped away from sims for a while and when I began playing again, I didn't frequent the forums. I don't think anyone in this circle is active in their featured legacy story anymore.

I actually planned on closing the circle since none of us are active enough with our stories to have engaging conversation. :/ I'm not even sure where my cohost went! So I don't think this circle will stay open.

That being said, I'd love to check out your story! :) I'm not always the most consistent reader but I always enjoy reading when I do! It's on my list now and I'll read the first couple of chapters tomorrow! :)

Don't blame yourself! Real life happens! Thanks so much for taking an interest in my story :smile:
    We could always restart the reading circle in this thread; there aren't that many pages and if any of the original members come back they'll know where to find us. Of course, we'd need more new members for the 'engaging conversation' aspect :tongue:
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • Options
    Hi @ny275 it's been a while and life certainly has been busy for.awhile Unfortunately I have lost all my game and had to redownload due to computer issues. So I will be having to start a fresh! I am not sure if I will posting in the immediate future. But I am hoping to start catching up on my reading! Are you still posting?
    @Morningstar your story looks really interesting. I will definitely read of your story!
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    Brief update: I've deleted my blog for personal reasons and hope you will all understand. Keep writing and simming! <3