Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Long Haul Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    @cecerose0208, just read your latest chapter!
    What is Khaled's problem? Nivea is gorgeous -- he should marry her immediately and quit this "just friends" business. Can you move him in any time or do you have to wait for Nivea to propose? Love that pink dress on her.

I could move him in at any time. I'm not strictly following Pinstar's rules.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT I'm all caught up on your story! Now to go back to the beginning and see what I've missed on everyone else's story in the past couple of weeks.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    The next updates for Agatha, Argus and Jocasta (Chapters 80, 81, and 82) start here: Chapter 80 -- At the Gym
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    No luck playing the Fitzgeralds since I'm back in school. At least I got up to the first important part of a legacy before classes started.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @MVWdeZT "Mom, it's a terrible thing to lie to a child." :D
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Hi! Sorry for not being around here much. Chapter 1.08 Suspicions Part 2 is out.

@MVWdeZT Yay! Opening it now so I make sure to read it when I get a chance! :)

@PurplishSimEater Don't worry, you'll have time sooner or later. School is important so I'm happy you are disciplined enough to put that before sims!
  • Options
    @ny275, Ooo, cliffhanger!
    Siobhan certainly doesn't look pregnant there. But now that I know what happened with your game, that makes sense.
  • Options
    @ny275 Yay for a new chapter!

I feel like the end of summer can be just as time consuming as the middle, lol. Waiting for school to start, vacations, etc. If I didn't get a bunch of chapters scheduled ahead of time, I'd be SOL right now.

Also, I was just thinking about the frequency we each post at. So here's a question for everyone: At your current pace, how long do you think it will take you to finish your legacy?

I think it will take me 2.5 years to finish, if I keep up my current pace of chapters and how much Sim time each chapters covers.
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member

I feel like the end of summer can be just as time consuming as the middle, lol. Waiting for school to start, vacations, etc. If I didn't get a bunch of chapters scheduled ahead of time, I'd be SOL right now.

Also, I was just thinking about the frequency we each post at. So here's a question for everyone: At your current pace, how long do you think it will take you to finish your legacy?

I think it will take me 2.5 years to finish, if I keep up my current pace of chapters and how much Sim time each chapters covers.

I do about a generation every month or so... so probably finish in 6 months? I'm thinking of doing an extension though w Alissa from G11 on sort of a reboot. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2017

First, I forgot to share my update yesterday: Up to No Good.

Second, I'm running similar timing to @jbestxoxo, but I'm going to make a big push to try to be finished at the end of the year. I'd really like to give Uncle Benjamin in his own story and feel like I cannot do that while the legacy is running.

Anyone besides jbest planning on elaborating a character in their legacy in their own story/reboot?

• Options
    At your current pace, how long do you think it will take you to finish your legacy? It took me 6 months to get to where I am now (Gen 4 are children), so it looks like another year before I finish.

@allysimbuilds, I'm all caught up now, and it looks like Louis will have his hands full. Regarding his marriage, I'm reminded of a young man who complained, "I don't remember what I said, but she remembers!"
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds Yes to spin off plans - but no comment yet as to who gets the spin-off.
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    At your current pace, how long do you think it will take you to finish your legacy? Well I don't plan to have a ton of chapters in each generation. I think 15-20 max so hopefully the legacy won't take longer than 2 years.

Anyone besides jbest planning on elaborating a character in their legacy in their own story/reboot? Well not at the moment but I can probably be persuaded otherwise. If the right sim comes along at the same time as a good idea, I'd have no problem doing something like that!

@MVWdeZT
    I love your writing style in the Straud Dynasty. I laugh almost every time I read it! I enjoyed seeing toddler stuff in your update. I still haven't gotten that (or fitness) yet so I love seeing it in other people's stories. I had to giggle at the mention of pets!

• Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    At your current pace, how long do you think it will take you to finish your legacy?
    At the moment I think a year or so. I will be able to update quicker come the end of September!!

Anyone besides jbest planning on elaborating a character in their legacy in their own story/reboot?

Not sure yet maybe??

• Options
    jbestxoxo wrote: »

I do about a generation every month or so... so probably finish in 6 months? I'm thinking of doing an extension though w Alissa from G11 on sort of a reboot. :)

OMG, I would love that! You know Alissa is my girl! Maybe you could do a vampire dynasty, lol.
  • Options

Not yet, but I'm like @ny275. If the right Sim or townie comes along, I might do just that. Maybe I'll do a wonder child challenge with the Gen 10 heir, I dunno.
  • Options
    Fitzgerald updating, part deux: My game is mega-glitchy after getting Toddler Stuff and I don't know what the source of it is other than a "script error". Until I get it worked out, I'm too paranoid to play with my legacy save.
  • Options

OMG, I would love that! You know Alissa is my girl! Maybe you could do a vampire dynasty, lol.

I love Alissa!!! I may have to cure her eventually though, for some reason vamps in my game are super glitchy :(
  • Options

I love Alissa!!! I may have to cure her eventually though, for some reason vamps in my game are super glitchy :(

Oh no! Glitchy vamps are the worst. I don't remember if you have MCCC or not, but that mod has a built in feature that logs any errors. If your CC is causing it, it will identify it by name so you know to remove it. Then the glitches go away!
  • Options
    By the way, I had a new chapter up yesterday! If you haven't read it yet, Khaled asks Nivea out on another friend date, not date date, lol.

Chapter 1.07 – More Small Victories
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 I love that you have to specify "friend date, not date date" :D Kahled is so frustrating to me... hopefully now he'll get it!
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 I love that you have to specify "friend date, not date date" :D Kahled is so frustrating to me... hopefully now he'll get it!

Khaled has singlehandedly made me decide that if I ever have a "traditional" founder again for an IBSI, it will be a male. I can't with him man. I seriously painted myself into a corner with Nivea's character. Everyone seems to love her though, so I'm rolling with it.
  • Options
    Great update! And with an ISBI, it's best not to wait for the future spouse to make the moves (I suppose it might be different if you're playing with mods). Glad that Nivea got her promotion so soon!
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Great update! And with an ISBI, it's best not to wait for the future spouse to make the moves (I suppose it might be different if you're playing with mods). Glad that Nivea got her promotion so soon!

I agree about ISBI spouses. Also, she's been killing it at work. She's gonna be CEO before she even ages up, lol. Maybe she'll take time off after she has kids.
  • Options

Oh no! Glitchy vamps are the worst. I don't remember if you have MCCC or not, but that mod has a built in feature that logs any errors. If your CC is causing it, it will identify it by name so you know to remove it. Then the glitches go away!

Yesss!!! Where do I find this log?!