Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Long Haul Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @PurplishSimEater This was such a good chapter! Your shots are flawless, too!
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    @allysimbuilds Thanks! 1.07 will be less posed, but the poses and some strategic camera angling and an emergency kaching to resize the bathroom so you can actually shoot in it work wonders.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    Hey guys just say the second episode of my casting call is up if you are interested!!
    https://youtu.be/Qi9p3uIexbk
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    Okay, I haven't been sharing my updates here as I feel that would be super obnoxious. I'll just do it every Saturday, or something?

Beyond Repair, Cooper Becomes and Elder, Making it Official, The Next Level, Mr. & Mrs. Labeikovsky, Welcome Natasha Labeikovsky, Welcome Markus Labeikovsky.
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds Sounds like a plan.
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds Great idea!!
    I am now going to catch up with everyone's stories.
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    @jbestxoxo Hey, just saw one of your replies to my binge comments on your story. You were asking if I have any suggestions for MCCC settings.

Can you tell me what settings you've changed if any. And also is there anything you'd like the mod to do? It has a lot of functionality most people aren't really aware of. For example, you can adjust the likelihood of a baby being born a vampire based on the parentage. I have it set to 85% vampire when both parents are, 35% when only one parent is.
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    @cecerose0208 Wow I didn't realize you could go that deep into it! :o

I basically use it for story progression only... I like when my townies get married to each other and have kids for my little kids to be friends with. My settings are all straight out of the download... I haven't changed anything except that townies that get married to another townie of the same gender can have children.

What settings do you suggest exploring? Is there any that you can't live without or any that you suggest I try?
  • Options
    and @allysimbuilds That is such a good idea... I haven't been posting updates in either as much since I've been doing a ton lately. I might have to start the once a week update posting too. :relieved:
  • Options
    jbestxoxo wrote: »
    @cecerose0208 Wow I didn't realize you could go that deep into it! :o

I basically use it for story progression only... I like when my townies get married to each other and have kids for my little kids to be friends with. My settings are all straight out of the download... I haven't changed anything except that townies that get married to another townie of the same gender can have children.

What settings do you suggest exploring? Is there any that you can't live without or any that you suggest I try?

Ooh girl, yes! You can adjust the settings to affect multiples. If you've got the Woohoo part of the mod, you can manipulate pregnancies.

You can determine how many occult Sims show up in the world. You can affect house size, life stage number of days, whether the mod gets your townies jobs, whether or not city festivals are a thing, if your bills accurately reflect lot value, how much parental genetics affect the kids, how quickly needs decay, whether or not your clubs fill themselves.

Not sure if you've ever used playable pregnancy, but that's my jam since I spend time in more than one household in a given save. There's so much more, those are just things I'm thinking of off the top of my head based on my current binge reading of your story.
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 oh my god!!! WHAT?! I am literally shook right now. I hate hate hate all of the random ghosts everywhere and there are some life stages that I'd just like to make a tiny bit longer without moving over to "long" lifespan. My weekly bills right now in Carnegie's save are over 20,000... :unamused: Usually per save I only play one household (ik it's super boring... lol- but I get so overwhelmed if I change around).

I need to seriously do my research on this... I knew the mod was powerful, but not this powerful lol.

Everything can be changed within the game from the sims computer, right? Or how do I change the settings? (esp the ghost, lifespan one and bills). I need to go read and do some more research... those are definitely essentials for me.
  • Options
    MCC command centre is amazing! I am still learning how to make it fit my game best.
  • Options
    I'm lazy and keep leaving defaults for MCCC but to be fair the last time I customized it literally THE NEXT DAY the game updated and the mod wasn't compatible. Frustrating, as I'd spent a good half hour trying to adjust it to my tastes.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @SmallSeven01 Are they any changes you'd recommend for me to try?!

@PurplishSimEater Ugh, that's so annoying! I feel like it updates so frequently too.
    I didn't know that it erased your customized settings if you update it though... that's good to know. Now I need to write down all the changes I make. lol
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 oh my god!!! WHAT?! I am literally shook right now. I hate hate hate all of the random ghosts everywhere and there are some life stages that I'd just like to make a tiny bit longer without moving over to "long" lifespan. My weekly bills right now in Carnegie's save are over 20,000... :unamused: Usually per save I only play one household (ik it's super boring... lol- but I get so overwhelmed if I change around).

I need to seriously do my research on this... I knew the mod was powerful, but not this powerful lol.

Everything can be changed within the game from the sims computer, right? Or how do I change the settings? (esp the ghost, lifespan one and bills). I need to go read and do some more research... those are definitely essentials for me.

Are you on discord app? What I actually think is best (but also kinda crazy) is if we did a sort of I.T.-type live chat thing. If not discord, there's whatsapp, hangouts, etc. (I'm not an iphone user, so none of their stuff would work for me).

By that I mean, you could open your game and pull up the MCCC menu via your Sim's computer. Then we could go one by one through the settings. I'm not a complete MCCC expert, but I know a lot. I could help you learn what the settings do, which settings you even want to change, and what's the best thing to change them to for your save.
  • Options
    I'm lazy and keep leaving defaults for MCCC but to be fair the last time I customized it literally THE NEXT DAY the game updated and the mod wasn't compatible. Frustrating, as I'd spent a good half hour trying to adjust it to my tastes.

If that ever happens again, you just have to take the txt file out of the folder and move it to the desktop. That file saves all your settings. MCCC updates the mod usually within 72 hours of patches and updates. So you could just add it back in after the mod updates to re-match the game.
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Hey everyone! Sorry for the unexpected disappearance. I believe that I have caught up on everyone's stories this morning.

@cecerose0208 I never thought of moving the text file! Thanks! Now I don't have to spend forever redoing my settings.

MCCC has changed the way I play sims. I love it so much! It adds another level of complexity that I enjoy- especially in legacies.

Okay, question time. Legacy writers block is different from regular writers block. I think it has a lot to do with figuring out how to make your legacy different from all the other legacies out there that have been written. There's only so many ways to announce a pregnancy, after all. Have any of you experienced writers block- or even had a rough time moving the legacy along in game- so far? How did you get out of it? Or are you still in it? If you are still in it, as your reading circle, what can we do to help?
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @PurplishSimEater
    Not sure why, but I can't seem to get any of my comments to ever go through on your blog. It was great leaning more about Brittany's mother and Brittany's past. Now I'm curious to see how Joaquin will take her news!
  • Options

Are you on discord app? What I actually think is best (but also kinda crazy) is if we did a sort of I.T.-type live chat thing. If not discord, there's whatsapp, hangouts, etc. (I'm not an iphone user, so none of their stuff would work for me).

By that I mean, you could open your game and pull up the MCCC menu via your Sim's computer. Then we could go one by one through the settings. I'm not a complete MCCC expert, but I know a lot. I could help you learn what the settings do, which settings you even want to change, and what's the best thing to change them to for your save.

I don't have any of those :disappointed:. Is it basically just poking around in the settings from the actual sims computer? and the txt. file trick will be a lifesaver for me since I'll never remember any changes and/or I'll lose the paper that I write my settings on hahah
  • Options
    ny275 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Sorry for the unexpected disappearance. I believe that I have caught up on everyone's stories this morning.

@cecerose0208 I never thought of moving the text file! Thanks! Now I don't have to spend forever redoing my settings.

MCCC has changed the way I play sims. I love it so much! It adds another level of complexity that I enjoy- especially in legacies.

Okay, question time. Legacy writers block is different from regular writers block. I think it has a lot to do with figuring out how to make your legacy different from all the other legacies out there that have been written. There's only so many ways to announce a pregnancy, after all. Have any of you experienced writers block- or even had a rough time moving the legacy along in game- so far? How did you get out of it? Or are you still in it? If you are still in it, as your reading circle, what can we do to help?

I have experienced legacy writers block... definitely. I had an old legacy that I was doing (the Flowers Legacy) and around G4 I decided to take a little break... which turned out to be a long break... but when I came back all my save files were gone, which was devastating. I'll never make that mistake again. But- how I got out of it was just taking a break to collect my thoughts and plans!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @PurplishSimEater, I just realized I haven't commented on your most recent chapter.
    Brittany has had a lot of trauma in her past, but I hope that with Joaquin's help, she'll be able to work things out. Looking forward to the baby!

Have any of you experienced writers block- or even had a rough time moving the legacy along in game- so far? How did you get out of it? Or are you still in it? If you are still in it, as your reading circle, what can we do to help?

I definitely agree that there are only so many ways to announce a pregnancy or show a wedding. Every once in a while, I'll have a bunch of pictures and a block of time that could be a chapter, but I have no idea what to do with it. Some things that help:

1. Going through the pictures again to see if they can be formed into a story, and weeding out the ones that don't fit.
    2. Changing the narrator voice -- using a spouse or a sibling or child to tell the story. Using diary entries, newspaper articles, letters, etc.
    3. Injecting conflict between the Watcher (me) and the Legacy heir.
    4. Sending my Sims out for some non-Legacy-related activity.

I keep a "Stats" section going, either in a separate post, or in this case, at the end of an occasional chapter, to record things like skills maxed and job promotions.

One thing I've noticed in many legacies is that they start with an intriguing backstory for the founder but then run into trouble with the next generation. There are ways to deal with that, but that's probably a different question.

• Options
    @jbestxoxo just finished reading your current updates!
    Wow Charlie has started young!!
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT @ny275 Thanks! And Ny, I'll double-check my blog settings, but it seems weird to me you can't post.
  • Options
    For my MCC I allow marriage between both genders and births. Still learning tho
  • Options
    The PlumTree is updated but not published for the Fitzgeralds. 1.07 in the works and to be published as time permits. I've also started a 100 baby challenge that's a straight play-through with updates covering one Sim week.