Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Long Haul Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    edited August 2017
    Updating every day is definitely a life choice and honestly, it's a lot of work. Sometimes I regret the decision...But I'd decided on 15 chapters per generation with gen 1 and that's made it a little easier. I pushed through gen 1 and 2, which wore me down pretty bad... but the break between helps. That's become my new routine: push as much content to schedule on the "week off" and then take my time working when the story is back in session. The posts that occur later in the generation need a lot more time to be crafted.
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Paper is done. Time to start up my game.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    The Labeikovsky's are back! There's something Louis has to do, but he really doesn't want to do it...
  • Options
    Another chapter out! Rated R because of one screenshot at the end.

1.05: Changes (Rated R)
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Louis pays Allyson a visit, in the hopes of gaining some clarity, in "Beyond Repair."

@PurplishSimEater Love, love, love how you handled that step in their relationship!!
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    Oh updates going to read them now!!
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds Thanks! I wasn't sure how to handle it for the longest time and was originally planning to hold it out for another few chapters, but they're already halfway done with the YA stage and I need them both around when the youngest becomes a teen (for a scene I've been planning since before the legacy started). Glad you liked it.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @PurplishSimEater, I knew Joaquin was right for her! Can't wait to see the next generation.

@jbestxoxo, I've finished the first generation of the Carnegies, and I loved the way you handled Alissa. On to Audra!
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    edited August 2017
    Yay, updates!! I just posted a new chapter tonight too. Woot woot B)Chapter 4.5- Disruption

@MVWdeZT thank you!! Audra was / is probably one of my all time favorite sims. Currently, I am on Chapter 30 of your legacy.
    I have been loving your entire legacy, and the challenge is sooo awesome and unique. I want to definitely try it... maybe with Alissa? :smiley: I love how you've shown the softer side of Vlad with kiddos especially when they were toddlers (though he has been unnecessarily hard on Balthazar :angry:) and I absolutely love where you've gone with Bal and Al... I have a soft spot for little Alexander Goth. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for Gretchen, Nadia and Balthazar.
    Post edited by jbestxoxo on
  • Options
    Two new chapters from the Carnegie's tonight... :)
    Chapter 4.8- Run
    Chapter 4.9- Mystery
  • Options
    1.06 mostly photographed. Good news for the future of the legacy, but is Brittany excited about it? Tune in soon and see ;)
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds, I just finished Kristopher's chapters.
    For someone who hated children, he certainly had quite a few, poor guy. I've played a couple of Sims who hated children. The one that I controlled was fine with his own, not so fond of others'. The one I couldn't control was often angry or tense. Wonder if we'll ever get a "hates teens" trait? Sorry -- off topic. I'm loving what you did with the house.
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @MVWdeZT I binged your dynasty challenge today! :)
    I've never heard of a Dynasty challenge before and I'll admit when I read the rules, I was still a little confused. I understand it now, after reading 75 chapters! I absolutely loved Vlad's voice. His chapters were very entertaining and I was sad when he had to pass the reigns to his children. It was brave of you to follow all of his children and to have all lots have the "on ley line" trait. Well, I say brave, but you might just be crazy! ;) I cried for you when you had 4 toddlers in the house at one point. I also really like the way you explain the things that happen in the game (like after you downloaded parenthood, everyone started making messes!) I'm looking forward to more chapters from you!
  • Options
    1.06 is mostly captioned. It'll be out by Friday and then I'll be on a short hiatus, since I'm going to be on vacation and then moving back into my dorm for next year. I'm aiming to play through to the first birth of Gen. 2 before I have to leave, though.
  • Options
    @ny275, wow, I can't believe you read the whole thing -- you must read really fast. I don't think I'll be doing 4 toddlers again. Twins are bad enough. And one good thing about the Ley Lines lot trait -- I've never gotten triplets.

@jbestxoxo, I just got to Audra's wedding, and I have to say, you know how to keep the drama coming. I loved the wedding pictures, and cracked up over Malcolm's bunny ears.
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    @ny275, wow, I can't believe you read the whole thing -- you must read really fast. I don't think I'll be doing 4 toddlers again. Twins are bad enough. And one good thing about the Ley Lines lot trait -- I've never gotten triplets.

@jbestxoxo, I just got to Audra's wedding, and I have to say, you know how to keep the drama coming. I loved the wedding pictures, and cracked up over Malcolm's bunny ears.

Omg... the bunny ears. I gotta take what I can get with poses. Hahah ;)
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @MVWdeZT I'm a speed reader. I also really enjoyed reading about the Strauds so that helped! :) The ley lines lot trait might be worth it if it lessens the likelihood of triplets. Recently, that's all I've been getting. :/ lol! Twins are bad enough. I was so happy when the twin toddlers in my BN save aged up into children!
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Hey everyone! I've got a new chapter up today. Nivea is worried she's being put in the friend zone by Khaled. He really isn't cooperating with my plan to have him be the Gen 1 spouse, lol.

Chapter 1.04 – The Friend Zone
  • Options
    I couldn't bear to wait until the Toddler Stuff Pack came out. Here's the next chapter: Chapter 77 -- First Quarter Report
  • Options
    @cecerose0208, I had to laugh during your chapter.
    The Romance Festival is dangerous -- when I first got City Living, I had a married couple nearly break up because someone came to their apartment and flirted with the wife while under the influence of that tea. Khaled will make a good husband, too, hopefully.
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    @cecerose0208, I had to laugh during your chapter.
    The Romance Festival is dangerous -- when I first got City Living, I had a married couple nearly break up because someone came to their apartment and flirted with the wife while under the influence of that tea. Khaled will make a good husband, too, hopefully.
    That is hilarious! Yes Sakura tea is dangerous. Me thinks Khaled is a wise one for avoiding it.
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm currently catching up with everybody's stories! If you see a bunch of comments from me on your blog, that's me speed-reading everything! All of your updates are so great and give me a lot of relaxing from my busy paper writing! Thank you all for that <3
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Asaoyoru So you're in the position now where I'll be in about six or seven more weeks. Uni/college is fun, no? :tongue:
  • Options
    Double-posting because 1.06 is done! It's a short chapter like 1.05 but it's more text-heavy with a bit of a different tone.

1.06: You Oughta Know