Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Long Haul Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @jbestxoxo, whew! Talk about a rollercoaster!
    I've only made it to the point where Evelyn meets Malcolm...Smith so far. The whole time I've been metaphorically biting my nails and moaning things like "Caleb's a vampire, that's what he's not telling you!" and "Akira has the jealous trait -- this can't end well." And now Malcolm, evil snob Malcolm. But rich, so there's that. You do know how to create suspense. Evelyn is very pretty and reminds me of Siobhan Day in pammiechick's Day & Knight, but that could just be the cc hair. Anyway, looking forward to more!
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    I'm finally free and can talk about all of the great stories on here! Sorry for not engaging in every conversation in here, I was a bit busy with thesis presentation for my university. But now I've got a bit of free time and can finally discuss <3

@ny275
    I think I already commented on your latest chapter, but I just wanted to say again how cool I though it was that you bring in more drama!
    I'm really loving all your updates lately. And yes, I will desperately need help with the casting call. For some reason my game created the UGLIEST male sims in existence. I might just beg for good-looking Sims to populate my town, because it is honestly lost forever ... Anyway, I'm sooo excited for your next update and Siobhan's real deal. You know how I think about her and her actions, but I also don't really like Ava that much so ... I really want to know what happens next, haha!

@SmallSeven01
    I think it's so cool that you are turning your picturacy into writing! I'm excited for where everything is headed. Sorry I wasn't able to constribute to your casting call, it somehow completely slipped by me. But you've got so many pretty ladies, I guess this will be hard to choose.
    Are you planning on maybe making a Bachelor challenge for him or are you just picking the winner by your hunch? I think both would be really cool and I'm looking forward to reading more from you in the future!

@cecerose0208
    I already commented on your blog (and just realized I wasn't following it, I'm so sorry! Did you know that here in Germany, one of the most well-known beauty brands is called Nivea? I don't know why, but I always make that connection with your founder. Maybe because she's so beautiful? I don't mind that we're getting only little hints on her backstory except for the expositional part in chapter one and I'm super excited to read more from her (and you!). I cracked up when she wouldn't ask him out due to her upbringing. :joy:

@PurplishSimEater
    I'm still in love with Brittany's voice, but I also liked how you changed it up a bit with Joaquin and how you included him into the whole thing. He's so sweet and different from her. I really enjoyed getting to know him a bit better. I could read from the text that you must have enjoyed writing him, as well! I'm looking forward to reading more about their relationship and seeing it delevop.

@jbestxoxo
    Help me, I'm hooked. I haven't managed to read everything, just the first generation and the entire new generation so that I could vote and I love all of it! Your sims are so pretty and the drama is so good, it always keeps me on the edge of my seat. I think something you handle especially well is the way in which you give each character a very unique voice. With so many female characters in about the same age bracket it must be hard to make each of them so different from the others and I think you made some really believable characters. I'm also a huge fan in how you have woven in the whole legacy affair into the story. I've never seen that before, with the ceremony and such, and I think it's a very awesome idea! I love it when someone connects game and narrative in such a way!

@allysimbuilds
    I'm sorry that I haven't followed you until today, I have no idea why I didn't do that even though I've read some of your projects. But let me just say that I'm hooked as well. I'm not completely finished right now so I can't say much about the story in the newest chapters, but I love it so far. It's such a pleasant reading experience and I enjoy your style. It's light to read and kind of makes me experience everything alongside you, if that makes any sense. I've read some of your advice over at The Fringe and I'm a huge fan of your approach at forming a story by watching the game and spinning tales around your Sims. I think that's so cool!

@MVWdeZT
    At first I was a bit overwhelmed with the rules because they sounded very complex, but then I forgot all about it and delved into the wonders of Vlad and vampires! I haven't paid them that much attention, so it was very refreshing and interesting to read what they are up to. I'm glad you joined this circle because you have exposed me to so many interesting things! I enjoy reading your chapters very much and I especially enjoyed Vlad and his toddlers <3 I'm a sucker for cute little nooboos, even if they are vampiric offspring.
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds, I've finished Gen 1 and thought I'd comment now. Overall, I like the way you stick to the events that happen with your Sims, like
    when Candy and then Kaiphus catch fire in the DJ booth. I also really like the way you show the rooms in your house as you build on -- the houses are nice, too. Kristopher seems to have inherited Candy's eyes, and I'm curious to see how the next generation looks. One question -- why a mushroom farm? As opposed to other plants, I mean. They are nice for making ghost serums, though, if you're interested in having a scientist some time in the future.
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    edited August 2017
    @MVWdeZT
    Thanks for the praise, but the narration definitely improves in later generations! I'd been out of writing for a while, and this is actually my first SimLit piece. I try really hard to share what happens in their lives as honestly as possible. The family tackles some big themes in the future, so keeping the game's humor lightens the mood, I think. As for the mushrooms... I gravitated to them as I hadn't really seen anyone focus on farming mushrooms before. I know other plants make more money, but I wanted something that made Nikolai stand apart from other legacies; more of a personal reason than anything else.

I'm having a casting call, if any of you are interested!
    Post edited by allysimbuilds on
  • Options
    Chapter 75 is up in which we get to see Argus's toddler daughters: Chapter 75 -- Angels?
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    I have a paper due at the end of the week but after that gets turned in, I'll have more free time to play and put together 1.05.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Oh boy! A paper! I loved writing papers in school--try to have fun with it, and do your best! :)

@Asaoyoru read your latest chapter and left a comment on your blog!
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    @MVWdeZT yes!!! Thank you... I love some drama, especially guy drama. So I'm glad it worked :blush: I am so excited to start your legacy, this past week has been hectic ahh, but it should calm down after today so I can finally get some free time... *fingers crossed* :#

@Asaoyoru omg I never expected to have sooo many girls, like what does a girl have to do to have a son around here. But yay thank you so much I've tried very hard to make each character unique and it was definitely a struggle :s:)

All other circle members, I am going to do a big post once I get caught up with everyone's legacies- only two more to go and I'm so super excited to read them!!! Woo woo !
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    Oh a casting call @allysimbuilds will have a look
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    All these updates mean that I'm woefully behind again! But today I'm focusing on writing. I hope to get out an update for my story. Then tomorrow I'm back to reading!
  • Options
    I finally got all the poses I need to shoot 1.05 (I hate using poses but it's needed for some of what I wanna shoot and I don't have the capability to make my own currently). After the paper gets finished, time to get cracking.
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I got a lot of good writing done and I'm finally heading to bed.

You can check out my next chapter here.

I wrote enough to publish a chapter every Thursday until mid-September. Let's cross my fingers that I have many more chapters ready to go before then!

When I wake up, I'm going to try and catch up on your stories.
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 Mid-September!? Whaa?! :s You're a warrior; I'm convinced!

That link took me to an error page. Anyone else looking to read Cece's new chapter from here, here's the link!
  • Options
    Wow, @cecerose0208 ... that's impressive. I wish I was more of a planner like that... I need to come up with some type of updating schedule for my legacy rather than just randomly posting. hahah
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 Lol and here I was feeling good that I had a title ready to go for 1.06 and some poses for that as well as 1.05.
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @cecerose0208 that's awesome! I'm actually taking this month off from any updates so I can get a play and write through the first generation and possibly some of the second. Then I'll schedule updates for once or twice a week! Having the chapters scheduled in advance really takes a load off of me! :)

Looking forward to reading more from Nivea!
  • Options
    Lol, oh yeah! That's why I break between generations, otherwise I'd go nuts!
  • Options
    Same here... heir vote time is my saving grace hahah :D
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @jbestxoxo I wish I was at that point, but
    none of Gen. 2 has even been born at this point in my game.
    Hopefully I'll be a bit closer before I have to move back to school.
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 Mid-September!? Whaa?! :s You're a warrior; I'm convinced!

That link took me to an error page. Anyone else looking to read Cece's new chapter from here, here's the link!

Thanks for the link!

@cecerose0208, I enjoyed seeing more of Nivea.
    Congrats to her for catching a fish and grilling it!
    Getting caught up through September sounds fantastic.
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Getting caught up through September sounds fantastic.

*sigh* If only! I am worked about half way through Gen 4 on my end. Didn't want to play out, too far without the sims from my casting call. I'm hoping to finish it up next week and start Gen 5 by Friday. Fingers crossed!

Working ahead is certainly rough...but I guess I just make time for it? Who knows.

• Options
    @PurplishSimEater I totally understand... usually I take breaks when work gets super busy/stressful but it's hard for me to predict when that will happen so I just end up writing randomly whenever I can!

My biggest problem is actually getting too ahead with playing and screenshotting and then having to write the whole gen at once and forgetting my plots haha
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    I admire all of you for being ahead. I am always the opposite. After I have finished my novel my dissertation. I am going to try so hard!!
  • Options
    I didn't expect to get this far along, haha. I was playing to get the story to a certain point, and a certain Sim *cough*Khaled*cough* was taking his sweet 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time, so, I played for longer to keep things organic for my character.

I'm playing with aging on long (terribly cheating for ISBI legacy scoring, but great for storytelling), so that gives me wiggle room to help things be more organic. And updating until mid-September is way less impressive than it sounds because I'm only posting a chapter once a week. I wish I could do more, but since I'm writing other stories, it's just not gonna happen.