Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Long Haul Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Hey @jbestxoxo I'll tell you what I do and what a friend of mine does.

I resize my images using Photoscape. It's a free software and all I use it to do is resize and lighten all my screenshots. Resizing before you upload absolutely works. Well, it will until it won't. My legacies blog has a ton more space than my regular one. I actually went on Sunday and resized a ton of images. I'm still not done yet (I have to go resize and lighten my earlier pen pal letters!) and that has freed up a ton of room.

A friend of mine uploads all her pictures to imgur and then inserts them into her blog. She told me how, but I wasn't able to figure it out. I keep meaning to try again, but I have a ton of space right now so I think I'll be okay.

@Asaoyoru I never thought of making multiple blogs! Well, I always assumed that if I ran out of space, I'd make a completely different one and continue the story there. That's really smart, though! And I will try GIMP.

@allysimbuilds You should need an account to use imgur.

And as I was typing this, @cecerose0208 explained the imgur thing my friend does! I'll have to see if it works for me this time. I also need to get around to backing up all my images up there. :D
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    It's here. Finally.

1.07: Two Becomes Three
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    Also have finished the Handwriting Challenge.
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    Wow you guys all seem so organised with your images. It's something I haven't really thought about. Good question @jbestxoxo!
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    edited August 2017
    @SmallSeven01 My husband is a web developer, so I have to be organized! Or else! :D

@PurplishSimEater Loved the update! Also, your handwriting isn't any worse than mine is!
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    Thank you for the awesome tips everyone! I honestly never even thought about resizing images :flushed:. I am weighing the pros and cons of going back and resizing and reuploading every single image :sweat_smile:

@Asaoyoru I'm definitely going to try GIMP that sounds super helpful and I figured I'd make multiple blogs when I ran out of space! It was definitely my backup plan if there weren't smooth running image upload sites- but I'm glad to see that there are!

@cecerose0208 thanks for showing how you organize your imgur ... I'm definitely not an organized person by nature LOL I think I'm going to try imgur for my next chapter!

@ny275 Photoscape sounds really interesting... definitely downloading that as well. I'm curious if I do go back and resize and reupload every image how much space it will actually give me ... like will it be worth the time?
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    @ny275 makes a good point. I forgot to mention that I use Photoscape as well. I use it for editing the pictures before uploading them to imgur!
  • Options
    @jbestxoxo For a legacy as long as yours, resizing and re-uploading would take a lot of time depending on how organized you are. I spent about an hour and a half on just 20 posts and I am very organized with my screenshots! Each post has its own folder of screenshots and then a sub folder of the screenshots I actually used in the post. It freed up a ton of space, though. I won't lie, I think it was worth it.

Maybe see if imgur works for you in the next few chapters. If you like imgur, continue to do it that way. And you can slowly begin to resize everything even if you like and decide to use imgur. You're so far in your blog that it might be a long process. Maybe split it up: five chapters a day. Eventually it'll get done. Heh that's how I cleared 10,000 emails! I went through 500 a day until I had everything deleted/ where it was supposed to be.

But weigh the pros and cons. And make sure to let us know what you end up doing!
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @jbestxoxo, I'm finally caught up! Which is great, except that now it means I have to wait for the next chapter. The new house, or mansion, I should say, is gorgeous!
    And I think Briella certainly looks young enough to be a mother again. She is really pretty. All your girls are, but I think I like Briella the best.
    And your Pomeranians are adorable! One of the nicest dogs I ever met was a Pom. I won't ask if they're going to appear in your Legacy come November.

As for screenshots, I was doing fine with Photobucket, but now that they'll want me to pay $400 to upgrade when my account runs out, I've had to find an alternative. I 'm using Google Drive (15GB for free), and paint.net to change to jpeg, crop, and resize. Carl's Forum has a way that I can attach photos now, so I'm doing that. Working backwards is no fun, though. I've done a few chapters, but have 55 more to go. I'm only going to do the Strauds; my other stories will just have to go pictureless.

• Options
    @PurplishSimEater, Welcome, little Fitzgerald! I admire your discipline -- toddler pack or no, I wouldn't want to wait to age the baby up. Joaquin is a real sweetie, and he has nice-looking children, too.
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds I looked at your twitter and can I just say that I'm super jealous of your building skills! That sneak peak of the Robinson villa! And @jbestxoxo has filled me with building envy today, too!
  • Options
    @ny275 you really managed to get 10,000 emails thats dedication!!
  • Options
    @ny275 I am literally dreading doing that and it will probably make me hit major writers block so I probably won't LOL. I am not very organized by nature so it would definitely be a very long process for me!

@MVWdeZT thank you!! I absolutely love Bri and I cannot believe you're all caught up!! Woo woo! :smile:. I think I will just try Imgur for a bit and see what happens. If it's a hassle I'll just upgrade my WP. Lol
    Bri is young for her age so I think another baby will be a good thing for her and Xander!
    Lastly! Thank you about the pups... they will 100% be making an appearance in every legacy generation once November comes... I cannot wait! I'm a little bummed pets aren't playable but I'm sure it will be fine.

• Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @ny275 awe, shucks! Thank you! I'd be happy to build you something if you like, which goes for any of you (I'm kind of addicted). Funny you mention @jbestxoxo, I'm toying with her Carnegie build for fun! I asked if I could play with it, and she didn't say no, so I took at as a yes! lol :D
  • Options
    Hi everyone! After letting all my pre-written chapters sit for about a week, I now realize they are not as bad as I thought. This means I may start posting chapters next week instead of September! :D I'm super excited now!
  • Options
    @ny275 awe, shucks! Thank you! I'd be happy to build you something if you like, which goes for any of you (I'm kind of addicted). Funny you mention @jbestxoxo, I'm toying with her Carnegie build for fun! I asked if I could play with it, and she didn't say no, so I took at as a yes! lol :D

@allysimbuilds Ooooh!! Let me seee!! I know you are definitely working some magic on it. :D

@ny275 can't wait!!! Woo woo

• Options
    @ny275 looking forward to your chapters!

Also, I'm almost caught up with everyone. I'm reading the Straud Dynasty now, I'm up to chapter 63. Then I just have to cycle back thru everyone else's stories for any new chapters in the last couple of weeks. I'm excited to finally catch up. :D
  • Options
    @cecerose0208
    I am now all caught up with your story. I feel so sorry for Nivea, Khaled is making her life so difficult. Can't wait to see what happens between them. Can I just say she seems to have grown so much since the first part in character

I will continue to catch with everyone's else now!!
  • Options
    @PurplishSimEater Heres my feedback on your legacy so far
    I have gathered I love Joaquin. I hope their relationship works out because he has done so much for Brittany. A guy that cleans he is a keeper!!
  • Options
    @SmallSeven01
    Don't worry, I plan on keeping him around - he already rolled a whim to Get Engaged to Brittany, so as long as she cooperates I don't think that'll be an issue.
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I figured I'd ask here first and then cast a wider net because, why not?

I want to join another reading circle for my BN legacy. It's commentary style where I am the narrator. Are any of you in circles that might accept me? Or should I just create an entirely new circle geared toward commentary style stories?
  • Options
    ny275 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I figured I'd ask here first and then cast a wider net because, why not?

I want to join another reading circle for my BN legacy. It's commentary style where I am the narrator. Are any of you in circles that might accept me? Or should I just create an entirely new circle geared toward commentary style stories?

I am not sure if there is any particular reading circle that is active for style, I am also part of the readers nook-it maybe worth checking on the general page :)
  • Options
    Congratulations on catching up @SmallSeven01! I'm almost there! It's just that real life keeps interrupting, lol.

For those who don't know, I posted a new chapter yesterday: Chapter 1.06 – Things Are Going Better And Worse Than I Hoped.
    XQdV2JM.png
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    ny275 wrote: »

Hmm I'm not sure I know of such a reading circle, but I'd love to join one actually. So if you find something, let me know please!

@PurplishSimEater
    I'm all caught up with your story now! I LOVE how Britanny and Joaquin interact and you really show a sweet and caring personality of him. I'm really ecxited to see what Arthur will look like!
  • Options
    @cecerose0208, just read your latest chapter!
    What is Khaled's problem? Nivea is gorgeous -- he should marry her immediately and quit this "just friends" business. Can you move him in any time or do you have to wait for Nivea to propose? Love that pink dress on her.