Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever kill a sim because they’re just okay?

orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
Okay hear me out here. I just fed my sim Phoebe’s wife to the cow plant because I didn’t really feel a connection to her like I did with Phoebe, she just kind of bored me. (Plus she had the jealous trait so she was a little annoying.) and they didn’t really feel like soulmates so I just was like “yup you’re dead now.” I haven’t purposely killed a sim in a while so I feel a little guilty, (plus they have a baby together so now she’s a single mom, oops.) So anyway, my point is- do you ever kill your sims because they bore you a little? Or do I just have the insane and evil traits?

Edited because of grammar

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Actually I have once:

It was this Chinese-Indian Chief of Staff townie named Sai Ramesh, who the game decided to give him and one of my Sims, Wynetta Funk, into a Heat of the Moment marriage at the Romance Festival when I was not playing her household. Since she was a middle-aged independent black woman who don't need no man, I was actually surprised at this move by the game, so I decided to see how he was like by moving him and his cousin Sara with the Vatore siblings (granted it was only so that Lilith could ask to turn cousin Sara as her first offspring, but he made a great live-in meal as well).

That was when I learned Sai was the Chief of Staff of the hospital, and although he was taking home a lot of great money for the Vatores, his life as a Sim really never amounted to much in my grand scheme of things. Sai lived with the Vatores accruing wealth for them for several days, until I finally went over to Wynetta's household to check on her age. She was a few days from being Elder and since I wanted her to stay around longer, and she was a master gardener with a cowplant in her backyard, I decided to do something very evil indeed. I then preceded to move Sai in with her family.

Though they were married, they had a terrible romance with each other. When they were together, Wynetta would always bring husband Sai to the romance festival whenever it came up and always seemed to flirt with everyone else there but him, and seeing he was a childish type, he didn't take it very well. I even tried to repair their relationship here and there but she seems to flirt with anyone else around him so it was futile regardless. Since I never really felt much connection to Sai and his existence in my game, while Wynetta was at work I then preceded to lock him in the backyard when he and the cowplant were both hungry, and had him take the cake twice. No one really batted an eye at his death.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Actually I have once:

It was this Chinese-Indian Chief of Staff townie named Sai Ramesh, who the game decided to give him and one of my Sims, Wynetta Funk, into a Heat of the Moment marriage at the Romance Festival when I was not playing her household. Since she was a middle-aged independent black woman who don't need no man, I was actually surprised at this move by the game, so I decided to see how he was like by moving him and his cousin Sara with the Vatore siblings (granted it was only so that Lilith could ask to turn cousin Sara as her first offspring, but he made a great live-in meal as well).

That was when I learned Sai was the Chief of Staff of the hospital, and although he was taking home a lot of great money for the Vatores, his life as a Sim really never amounted to much in my grand scheme of things. Sai lived with the Vatores accruing wealth for them for several days, until I finally went over to Wynetta's household to check on her age. She was a few days from being Elder and since I wanted her to stay around longer, and she was a master gardener with a cowplant in her backyard, I decided to do something very evil indeed. I then preceded to move Sai in with her family.

Though they were married, they had a terrible romance with each other. When they were together, Wynetta would always bring husband Sai to the romance festival whenever it came up and always seemed to flirt with everyone else there but him, and seeing he was a childish type, he didn't take it very well. I even tried to repair their relationship here and there but she seems to flirt with anyone else around him so it was futile regardless. Since I never really felt much connection to Sai and his existence in my game, while Wynetta was at work I then preceded to lock him in the backyard when he and the cowplant were both hungry, and had him take the cake twice. No one really batted an eye at his death.

Yeah unfortunately for me my sim was in love with the sim I killed and they had a daughter together, so they are very affected by the death. I guess I’ve just been in the mood for drama. So I made her a brother and moved him in with them to help her take care of the baby.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, this was way back in Sims 2, but in my legacy challenge, one generation had a daughter who was a spare. I didn't feel that attached to her and she only had 1 nice point, so I decided to kill her off. Later on I decided to resurrect her and move her out, but as with all spares, I eventually deleted her so that the matchmaker won't pair up future generations with their ancestors.

If that batty old lady thinks she can hook me up with great-great-great-great aunt Janice...
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    No, not for that reason. I did a lot of torturing and killing of sims in TS1 and TS2 for no real reason at all other then I could. TS3 I mainly just built things. TS4 Shinya just has his fun with them until they get sick of his can't keep it in his pants ways. If the person he is with annoys me I just have him keep on cheating on brushing them off until they get the hint.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Not in TS4, it's too aggravating to try to kill Sims in TS4. But I did in the other games, when I played TS4 I just simply deleted them. If they don't care Tommy's mom got deleted then I don't either..he would never miss her, so, if they want a shallow game I might as well delete all their hard work and delete all the townies. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    All the time....im a serial sim killer lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited February 2018
    I kill my sims if I feel like the family's story is getting boring. So basically I kill one of them off to spice things up a bit... that sounds so horrible lol.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    All the time....im a serial sim killer lol

We're long lost relatives! >:)

I sometimes like to torture my Sim victims, before I kill them off.

My CAS Sim/Family are my "officials" who go out after the townies (victims)! >:)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I kill my sims if I feel like the family's story is getting boring. So basically I kill one of them off to spice things up a bit... that sounds so horrible lol.

What kind of story doesn't have any tragedy, though? Even Disney-ified versions of fairy tales have sad parts. Otherwise there'd be nothing to happen.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    A while back I had a household- YA female fraternal twins who lived with their grandma. I killed the grandma because she was so never liked one of the twins lol
  • Options
    Update: I felt guilty so I had the ghost move back in, so I sold some furnishings to get 5,000$ to make a wish for life at the wishing well... and the wish didn’t work
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    In a past game save, I had my main family be foster parents for a game generated teen criminal created by the detective career, named Talon Hobbs, loved his name. When he became a YA he got Nina Calente with child by "accident" in the hot tub. He married her and they had twin girls.

The marriage was not a good one, they fought and she flirted with other men, so one night after an argument, she went into the kitchen and caught fire cooking, Talon ran upstairs to the twins immediately. Well, I initially clicked around for the option for her to extinguish herself, then just stopped. I let her burn. That was the only time I remember letting a sim die that was not an elder.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Nah, I just put them in the "cloud" of sims and move on. Sometimes if I really like their house I'll put the new sim in first so they get to keep the cash and everything.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Okay hear me out here. I just fed my sim Phoebe’s wife to the cow plant because I didn’t really feel a connection to her like I did with Phoebe, she just kind of bored me. (Plus she had the jealous trait so she was a little annoying.) and they didn’t really feel like soulmates so I just was like “yup you’re dead now.” I haven’t purposely killed a sim in a while so I feel a little guilty, (plus they have a baby together so now she’s a single mom, oops.) So anyway, my point is- do you ever kill your sims because they bore you a little? Or do I just have the insane and evil traits?

Edited because of grammar

Would it be evil if I said I've fed sims to the cow plant for a lot less reason? >:)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    In my Not So Berry legacy, my mint sim, Minty Julep, was married to Danny Shino-Miller before he "accidentally" drowned in my fenced in pool overnight. Initially, I wasn't going to kill him off as I really liked Danny & Minty together, but as time progressed the more I hated the super bland routine the family had fallen into. So to spice things up, I opted to get rid of least important person to my household. Like, don't get me wrong, Danny wasn't awful or anything, he just didn't contribute anything to the family other than a paycheck (and two children).
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I've only purposefully killed a Sim for points in Pinstar's legacy challenge (I drowned him) and I felt so horrible when I did it. :( If I don't feel a connection to a Sim, I just kind of ignore them and let them do whatever they want, like I'm doing now with Akira. :D
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Yes I have but not direct family members though

One time in my Levi legacy, Vlad snuck in to the household at night and drunk from my heir sim at that time. Off course it ruined her chance of getting a promotion before elder-hood, so I had her go on a revenge quest to get Vlad to come to her house and trap him under the sunlight by indefinitely cloud-gazing with him :D>:)
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    One of my Sims was dating Harold Camp (he's a NPC - not sure how popular... anyway). They were coworkers and friends for a while and I thought it was so cute. He had the klepto trait but I didn't think much of it. He spent the night at my Sim's house one night, and while she was sleeping he stole my dog's food bowl! I was so mad that I built a bunch of walls around him and was determined to kill him. But then I felt guilty so after about a day I let him go, and he ran out of the house so fast! Haha.

Anyway, I had my Sim break up with him, but they're still friends. Except every once in a while at work he'll say hello by kissing her cheek, and I think about killing him off again. (haha)
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited February 2018
    I usually feel like that for most unnatural deaths. I try to justify by creating a narrative and a greater purpose as to why I had to kill them.

Example: Before they fixed the "townies don't change clothes or age" glitch when you moved them into the household, I had killed two sims on different occasions because I wanted them not to be alive on my sim's family tree. They both starved to death. To justify it, I pretended they went on a hunger strike to protest the fact they couldn't change clothes and had rejected immortality.

All my sims usually die of old age, but every once in awhile I'll tempt fate, like keeping sims I am not attached to hysterical, enraged, or fixing an electric item in a puddle of water. Hey...got to have life be a little unpredictable. I don't feel guilty when I do this because accidents happen no matter how perfect life may be. It also helps my remaining sims to open up new game play.

Don't feel bad. Cow plants have to eat too! Plus, I'm sure if they had one, a Cow Plant's lifetime aspiration would be to produce the milk "essence of life". So in a way, you've made your cow plant very happy!

Don't they get the "feels like an emotionless shell" moodlet when they get spit out the first time? Maybe she didn't want to live anymore and decided to donate her essence so that Phoebe can drink it and live a long life with their child. Maybe that's why you didn't feel connected to her; she had a greater purpose.

Edit: Grammar
    Post edited by MLadyAzzera on
  • Options
    I usually feel like that for most unnatural deaths. I try to justify by creating a narrative and a greater purpose as to why I had to kill them.

Example: Before they fixed the "townies don't change clothes or age" glitch when you moved them into the household, I had killed two sims on different occasions because I have aging off and wanted them not to be alive on my sim's family tree. They both starved to death. To justify it, I pretended they went on a hunger strike to protest the fact they couldn't change clothes and had rejected immortality.

All my sims usually die of old age, but every once in awhile I'll tempt fate, like keeping sims I am not attached to hysterical, enraged, or fixing an electric item in a puddle of water. Hey...got to have life be a little unpredictable. I don't feel guilty when I do this because accidents happen no matter how perfect life may be. It also helps my remaining sims to open up new game play.

Don't feel bad. Cow plants have to eat too! Plus, I'm sure if they had one, a Cow Plant's lifetime aspiration would be to produce the milk "essence of life". So in a way, you've made your cow plant very happy!

Don't they get the "feels like an emotionless shell" moodlet when they get spit out the first time? Maybe she didn't want to live anymore and decided to donate her essence so that Phoebe can drink it and live a long life with their child. Maybe that's why you didn't feel connected to her: she had a greater purpose.

Lol! That’s a beautiful way to look at it, and it actually makes me feel a lil better. I ended up sending her back to the netherworld after all that, I figured it was time for her to move on. They moved to the city for a change of pace too
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Example: Before they fixed the "townies don't change clothes or age" glitch when you moved them into the household, I had killed two sims on different occasions because I have aging off and wanted them not to be alive on my sim's family tree. They both starved to death. To justify it, I pretended they went on a hunger strike to protest the fact they couldn't change clothes and had rejected immortality.

Don't they get the "feels like an emotionless shell" moodlet when they get spit out the first time? Maybe she didn't want to live anymore and decided to donate her essence so that Phoebe can drink it and live a long life with their child. Maybe that's why you didn't feel connected to her: she had a greater purpose.

Lol! That’s a beautiful way to look at it, and it actually makes me feel a lil better. I ended up sending her back to the netherworld after all that, I figured it was time for her to move on. They moved to the city for a change of pace too

Are you a member of the Cult of the Cowplant?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited February 2018
    Are you a member of the Cult of the Cowplant?

Shhh...shhh...would you like some cake? I have some over here...come see...
  • Options
    John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    I did this twice in Sims 2. The first murder was due to the husband and father of a young family not being there. Instead of helping out, he would go out for the night, come back in the wee hours, and sleep all day. Work, what's that? He was always too tired to work, too lazy to do anything else, got fired, got another job and quit that one, and eventually the couple ran out of money so the Sim State Child Protection Services came and took their baby away!

I got mad and made him eat only spoiled food until he got sick, then I locked him in a room, by removing the door, without a toilet or anything to sit on. Eventually he went mad and died. His widow cried for him and would visit the grave, but she lived a long sim life afterwards. Their son used to call up his mom and they became friends.

After I did that, I felt guilty! It's like heck, I killed someone in a rage!

The other sim was an older gent who was lovingly married to a lady sim his age, or close to it I think. She caught him more than once cheating on her, even chasing after some young adults, like a dirty old misogynistic old fart would. He liked to swim so I had him have an "accident" in their pool. His widow cried at his grave, but live more than a few sim years after his death and enjoyed her time with her children.

I didn't feel any sim-guilt this time though.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    So far I've only purposely killed Sims for storytelling purposes. But I do tend to delete game generated NPCs that I don't like (though most game generated Sims in my game end up deleted or they get a thorough makeover).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    CelesteDreamer21CelesteDreamer21 Posts: 41 Member
    I have a lot