Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy 18th Anniversary to The Sims!

lasydaisy1122lasydaisy1122 Posts: 66 Member
Happy 18th Anniversary to The Sims and The Sims team at EA/Maxis!!!!! I been simming for 15 years this month too! Thank you EA/Maxis for all your hard work on The Sims games! I appreciate it so much! Keep up the great work! Best wishes and God bless all of you! Happy 18th Sims Anniversary to all my fellow simmers too! I love you Sims!!!!!

Hugs and Sul Sul!
Michele

Comments

• Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Can't believe it's been 18 years already. Doesn't seem that long since I picked up The Sims from the store shortly after it's release. Loved the big box and the "bible" of a manual it came with. ^^
  • Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims. Been playing for almost 18 years.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Ok, now I feel old. I have been playing since the original game released. My irl teen even grew up watching it be played.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Wow! Now I feel old hehe! Happy Anniversary!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,709 Member
    I didn't start my Simming Odyssey until August of 2005. I was already the mother of three grown kids by then, so you can't make me feel old. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Happy birthday The Sims! Can't believe this game is older than me.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I've been playing the Sims for 16 of those years. That's a looong time and a bit strange to wrap my head around.
    Stutum wrote: »
    Loved the big box and the "bible" of a manual it came with. ^^
    I miss manuals, especially the ones that had a bit of meat to them. I would read them in bed once I'd managed to tear myself away from whatever new game I'd bought. :smile:
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    Can't believe it's been 18 years already. Doesn't seem that long since I picked up The Sims from the store shortly after it's release. Loved the big box and the "bible" of a manual it came with. ^^

Ahhhh. that deep nostalgia. I miss those manuals!
    and the game manuals you could buy separate.

It's been an amazing 18 years!
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    > @RadioAChicken said:
    > I've been playing the Sims for 16 of those years. That's a looong time and a bit strange to wrap my head around.
    > Stutum wrote: »
    >
    > Loved the big box and the "bible" of a manual it came with. ^^
    >
    >
    >
    > I miss manuals, especially the ones that had a bit of meat to them. I would read them in bed once I'd managed to tear myself away from whatever new game I'd bought. :smile:

> @lesliemhunter said:
    > Stutum wrote: »
    >
    > Can't believe it's been 18 years already. Doesn't seem that long since I picked up The Sims from the store shortly after it's release. Loved the big box and the "bible" of a manual it came with. ^^
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ahhhh. that deep nostalgia. I miss those manuals!
    > and the game manuals you could buy separate.
    >
    > It's been an amazing 18 years!

I miss those manuals too, for any game, really. Never needed them, but I enjoyed flipping through when I wasn't playing, excellent bedside reading. :D
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Happy Birthday to the Sims! :) I remember when I first saw the sims 2 trailer as a kid.. I was so excited, lol.
    640?cb=20130524162810

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,411 Member
    Happy birthay! I'm proud to stick with the Sims since the first days :) .
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    Happy birthday, The Sims franchise!

Thank you for continuing to bring us content all these years, even though you and I haven't always agreed. May the future be bright, productive, and profitable. (And may it contain a Fear emotion for my Sims! :p )
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Wow. I am old. Congrats on the anniversary :smiley:
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims! I've been playing for 5 years.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I can't believe it's been long enough that people younger than The Sims 1 can play it. :D

I started when The Sims Vacation was the latest EP. It ended up being one of my favorite EPs in that generation.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Happy Anniversary! May you continue for another 18 years.

On a side note, this thread made me realize The Sims is the same age as my car. I REALLY need a new car. :D
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Happy Anniversary Sims!
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I can't believe I've been playing sims for that many years of my life. Not sure how I feel about that BUT happy anniversary anyway :)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 333 Member
    Amazing. I've been playing since the original The Sims came out in 2000. Still feels like yesterday,
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Wow! 18 years! I feel old now. I've been playing this game since it started, and even before that SimFarm was my first Maxis game ever. So many years.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited February 2018
    Been gaming with Maxis since SimCity came out on SNES in 1991. (Oddly enough, SimCity, the non-Nintendo version, also came out on Feb 2nd, but in 1989, on the DOS-based IBM PCs, and also Atari and Amiga.) My son was 8, and we loved building cities together. I loved it, since you played the game at your own pace instead of having to react instantly to everything the game threw at you every second. It was so relaxing, except for when Bowser came! There were even seasons in it, when the ground turned white with snow, and the trees turned in Autumn. I remember when you exited the game, there was an end screen that showed a little moon, asleep, and every time he snored, the little star above him would rise and fall, while a little lullaby played. So cute, and since we were usually getting ready for bed after that, it helped set the mood, lol.

Edit: Here's a vid of the end screen:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXTbp5dy9os

Fast forward to now, and my granddaughter and I play TS4. She's 6, so we play a mild version without the Teen rated elements, and I control the game with her input. But she loves animals, so she has a family now where the mom is a Vet. She's been saying for the past couple years that she wants to be a Vet when she grows up, so it is quite fun for her to see how it goes in the game.

Anyhow, Happy Anniversary, Maxis, for SimCity, and The Sims!!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Milestones - love them. Hubby and I had our 34th anniversary on the 1st and Sims had its' 18th on the 2nd. Good week. Happy Anniversary Sims and to my hubby who constantly supports my love of this game. Life is good.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    draculusa2003draculusa2003 Posts: 46 Member
    I've been playing from the start too! I remember I was going through the PC Gamer magazine and it had a little blurb about The Sims being released soon and I was immediately interested! I bought it as soon as it came out and remember being so mesmerized by the sims washing their hands at the sink haha "oh look you can see the water stream" it's the little things :)