Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @theFella Oh yes, I think there might be a little drama going on with that family! :D

@kanorla :D I don't think I have ever seen that happen either. Funny as heck though!

@Brindleton Lol we can get inspiration from some interesting places for this game!
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    theFella wrote: »

Either I am really badly confused, or you are in the wrong section. pretty sure washing machines were not a thing until The Sims 3 Ambitions or something like that.

Interestingly, I was wondering last weekend where the washing machines were in TS2. I was SURE we had them. Ah well. Don't need to do laundry when I'm trying to avoid doing laundry by playing TS2. ;)
  • Options
    kanorlakanorla Posts: 29 Member
    Been having a baby boom in my little St.Clair Springs the Diaz family has two a boy and a girl both adorable. My favorite couple Rhonda and Glen have become rather popular, literally friends with everyone I made. Started my university and downtown, my downtown only has two places and the Sims keep getting invited there so I need to make more places. Shopping district is there, has a beachfront restaurant that's all.
  • Options
    MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    I can’t beleive this is still up and booming! This is my first login in a while.
  • Options
    @Rhiannon58 Lol. No, no washers, unless you get CC ones.

@kanorla Nice! Sounds like your game is going well so far.

@Meepleep Yup! This thread won't die any time soon. Welcome back by the way. :)
  • Options
    I'm so pumped! I am currently reinstalling TS2, as my old laptop broke, which sadly was the laptop with the town and sims I updated you all on. The laptop I'm on now is only a temporary one though, is there any possible way if I don't want to lose something I can transfer it?
  • Options
    Meepleep wrote: »
    I'm so pumped! I am currently reinstalling TS2, as my old laptop broke, which sadly was the laptop with the town and sims I updated you all on. The laptop I'm on now is only a temporary one though, is there any possible way if I don't want to lose something I can transfer it?

Yup. You can transfer all your files over. You need a special adapter and a program to use. These will differ depending on the drive. I just ordered a new SSD with more space and ordered a adapter with it to transfer my info. It will transfer over everything you want. The adapter I got came with its own program, but there are programs online you could use if your doesn't. There is a video for laptops specifically I found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=zkJAE6dVigM
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Most recently I've been building new community lots, since my architect is one promotion away from the top of his career. (And needs to be paid for all the "work" he has done so far building lots...)

I made an updated city hall / civic court / some offices for the mayor, Education Minister, etc.
    For Ashleigh Du Vall, who can start her job in Dance any day now, I made a little music club.
    I made a municipal fairgrounds that's actually more than one lot now.

For the downtown I'll be building soon, I started with a large general shopping building that will host a bookstore, a clothing store, a pet supply store, a restaurant, and some faux "offices."

I updated the bank with hacked computers so that sims could go there to "pay their taxes"

In the spring I'm probably going to have the plantsims make a community garden so people can always go pick some fresh food.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    Roseland Citizens

Linda Champagne Diary

Today the architects started on my newly wedded husband and I's house. My husband just so happened's to be the mayor of this god-awful town. My husband and I have only been married for 3 months, together for 6. I wanted to rush into the marriage so I could get behind the wheel of that sports car of his.

My husband is much older than I, he is an elder and I am an adult, asked me today if I wanted to have kids. I told him maybe in the near future. Hopefully that old mind of his will forget he ever brought it up!
  • Options
    Meepleep wrote: »
    Roseland Citizens

Linda Champagne Diary

Today the architects started on my newly wedded husband and I's house. My husband just so happened's to be the mayor of this god-awful town. My husband and I have only been married for 3 months, together for 6. I wanted to rush into the marriage so I could get behind the wheel of that sports car of his.

My husband is much older than I, he is an elder and I am an adult, asked me today if I wanted to have kids. I told him maybe in the near future. Hopefully that old mind of his will forget he ever brought it up!

Should I feel guilty reading someone's diary?? :blush: Lol this is a awesome story telling format!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess & @Meepleep
    awesome posts ! :smiley:

i recovered meantime from the last setback :smile:

now back to relatively normal

pastry cook Cecily Fraise / victorian Bluewater Village
    she befriended a stray dog, not to the state of adoption yet but maybe it will happen one day
    2zprw2r.jpg

Cecily worked so hard in her little cake shop, it stressed her apparently very much, as a result first she gained weight & then fire broke out while baking a heap of cakes for her shop
    after she cleaned up the whole mess, she headed to the gym to work down her newly gained kilos & the stress, she enjoyed the run very much
    she should start jogging regularly probably
    2iw9cph.jpg
    ac7d41.jpg

hairdresser Steffi Slowinska / cuboid Belladonna Cove
    she's very happy her torture at the register in her first boutique is over now
    107ozz4.jpg

she sold finally the place & bought a brand new small hairdresser studio
    also she managed meantime to move into a newly built modern apartment complex,
    where she was very lucky to meet quite a skilled hairdresser Maisie Kavannaugh, as it happens, in need of a job
    Steffi & Maisie hit it off immediately, they laugh at the same jokes, gossip about the same sims & were after only few chats already friends
    Maisie works from now on at Steffis new hairdresser studio
    1zvbkvk.jpg
    21chyio.jpg
    30rtedt.jpg

the main goal for Steffi is now the stylistic beautification of townies
    2r2aneo.jpg
    edmhs.jpg
    11w6o1f.jpg
    121seo0.jpg
    14nfvpu.jpg

for some though nothing really helps, the city was already informed about this issue & a plastic surgeon is on its way to open a clinic, probably in Bluewater Village

additionally to all those positive changes in Steffi's life, she also discovered her passion for music & dance
    5ybua0.jpg
    2w4h24j.jpg

Bluewater Village has currently a newly built ballet studio, but the club a story above is very disturbing & so there is still need for a quieter way to learn ballet, Steffi would surely very much apreciate it
    she needs also an interesting opportunity to practice singing somewhere, maybe some sort of a bar or a jazz lounge
    apparently both towns need also an architect & an architect studio, a band wouldn't hurt either ...

other 4 residents/families of both towns moved to new homes, the remodeling of the cities is progressing again
    9zp076.jpg
    nxn7sx.jpg
    2pzeh6v.jpg

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Sindel910Sindel910 Posts: 44 Member
    My sims wife died. And now hes a single father :(
  • Options
    @Rukola_Schaaf Great pictures and update!

@Ermac910 Awe. :'( Well maybe he will be able to find love again!
  • Options
    Brei714Brei714 Posts: 110 Member
    I've recently gotten back into the Sims 2 with the Ultimate Collection. I remember now why its my favorite game in the series.

I started up a family in Belladona Cove, the neighborhood that came with Apartment Life. A lot has happened since then! I've enclosed the details in spoilers below. No pictures sadly as I forgot to take them.

These Gray Days
    It started when Edward Gray moved to Belladona Cove with his child Dorian. Settling into a rather nice yet fairly inexpensive apartment the two began their lives in the neighborhood quite calmly. Edward was a family sim, staying home to raise his son all through his childhood years and relying on his work as an artist to pay the rent and bills. The single father was a highly skilled cook and quite kind despite his shy and reserved nature. His son was far more playful and outgoing though and Dorian's own creative skills and good grades got him a recommendation to the local private school which his father secured for him via a meeting and dinner with the headmaster.

Once Dorian became a teen he started dating, this prompted Edward to socialize a bit more as well. Edward met Vamsi, an elder lady who lived next door. They got along famously and while Dorian balanced school and his social life Edward worked up the courage to propose to Vamsi. There wasn't much room in the apartment where they lived. So Dorian went to college after securing no less than three scholarships, for his grades, creativity skills, and dancing skills respectively. Edward married Vamsi after that and they settled into a comfortable rhythm of domestic bliss. Vamsi couldn't have children due to her age but Edward was still quite happy eventually going to work in education while Vamsi worked as a Natural Scientist.

Meanwhile over at Belladona Cove's local college Dorian was doing well himself. He made many friends in his college years and still maintained excellent grades. He averaged a 4.0 all through his college career, studying, socializing and having the occasional party. One such memorable party was the new year's bash he threw near the middle of his time at college. He accidently was caught flirting with a guy in front of a woman, a light witch who had a crush on him. Still despite the awkwardness apologies were given to the dejected and angry Phoebe and the party still managed to succeed and the new year was welcomed without a fight.

After graduating Dorian moved back to Belladonna Cove and bought his own small house. He had been saving up for such during the final days of college where he worked on paintings to bolster his savings. Wanting to join the music career and become a Rock Star Dorian searched for an opening. However the unexpected happened, a chance late night encounter with his telescope left Dorian expecting. During the second trimester of Dorian's pregnancy tragedy struck his father Edward. Dorian's stepmother Vamsi died happily of old age sending Edward into a downward spiral and a breakdown of grief. After the shrink finished working with him he decided to ask Dorian if he could move in. Vamsi left a rather large inheritance to Edward and between him and Dorian they renovated the tiny house into a modest two story with three bedrooms.

Edward began to cheer up a bit as they adopted a cat named Sunshine. He had always liked animals. Then Dorian gave birth to a son, a green skinned ebony eyed baby with the handsome features the Gray men were known for. Edward had a grandchild! But he still wasn't happy. He plans to try to date and remarry while Dorian works on his Career. Braxxas is a calm baby, making it easy for his father and grandfather to care for the little tyke. So far these Gray days have been quite eventful!
  • Options
    kanorlakanorla Posts: 29 Member
    I've been trying to fill my town up, it just looks so bare. I am working on a church and community center, for an alien abduction support group and weddings. I also made a rental hall with party themed rooms. I think I will start work on a hospital soon too, hospitals are just so tedious.
  • Options
    @Brei714 Great story!! Oh how I love alien babies. :blush: Hopefully Edward can find a new love.

@kanorla :D I love that! A alien abduction support group! :joy: That is some creative thinking right there. Good luck with the rest of your town!

• Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Granny shine retired to start her own bakery, Carlotta skipped school, granny told her off, she went to school, the others joined clubs and Gary started to paint.
  • Options
    @wrenstales LOL :D That was short and to the point!
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Mortimer and Bella are reunited but I did not know Bella was back in town so I let him marry Dina. So now Bella's also in the house to take care of Alexander (Cassandra already left the house). And now Bella just got twins (Angelo and Angela because in Dutch Cassandra is callled Alexandra which is kinda weird next to Alexander) and she's pregnant again.

And Dina is like, okay I married this guy for money but his stupid wife is back and keeps having baby's. I could not get Dina pregnant..
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    @garapoes Now there is some drama! Lol at least Dina can still spend his money! Her not getting pregnant was just meant to be I guess.
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    It's one big crazy family! I imagine that Mortimer married Dina and then a few weeks later Bella showed up like, yo I'm back from the aliens and he was like, oh I already married someone else.... Kinda sad.

Mortimer just died of old age and now both Bella and Dina are dating.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited January 2018
    @JULES1111 thank you :smiley:

@Brei714
    the father & son had a nice life so far
    send Edward my regards, i hope, he'll be able to find another partner to love :smile:

i've been busy in both towns
    downloaded also a bunch of new houses, venues & businesses to try them out if they could fit into one of the hoods

i moved Belladonna's museum into Bluewater Village & remade it to a townhall
    it contains now a job center for sims to find a new job & a civil service to marry off willing partners
    don't have any screenshots of that townhall, it will probably be some day visible if i marry off a couple or at least search next time with my sims for a job :smile:
    the church i wrote about before went lost in the setback, but i wasn't very happy with the lot anyway, so it's not a very big loss
    i tried to place in Bluewater Village another big church i downloaded but i think it's not practical enough for my taste, formost it's just too big & contains too many cc, so i will have to find another solution, either building one myself or will have to search further for another church

& another business owner from Bluewater Village decided to resettle to Belladonna Cove, into an apartment building as well, Stefan Bragatz
    he owned a Sportware shop in his previous home but decided to up his business now & make it a real independend venue
    there is a modern, newly built business venue he would like to own but his current money still is not enough to buy it atm, he is 3000 short
    maybe he can make a little extra money as a private trainer in his spare time, he is a well trained sim, eager to teach others how to excercise efficiently
    at least Belladonna Cove has a very well built Gym, Stefan dreams to own that venue one day, when he made a fortune with his Sportware Shop & in his Fitness career, a long way for him to go to be able to do that though
    that's Stefan Bragatz in his new apartment
    2yz0rcz.jpg

here he's training one of the townies
    3583pnc.jpg
    igydlx.jpg
    o6y58l.jpg

today i further searched for a spa to own by the boho comune
    i think i will have to build it myself, didn't find anything that would really fit them & had a victorian touch still

& i downloaded again a heap of things i didn't know i needed in the game :joy:
    like a survailance camera aka burglar alarm, i remember i had exactly that very same camera then, a decade ago in my game & used it quite often :blush:

also wondered how this house's foundation was built so high, went to youtube to learn it & then remembered also that i've actually built myself then such foundations
    i will be trying to rebuild this house, it looks very well & the original download link is broken meantime after all those years
    6tfc6r.jpg
    before TS3 i really enjoyed building in TS2, i will try to regain that now :smile:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    aimeeastaimeeast Posts: 65 Member
    I adopted a puppy and moved houses :p
  • Options
    @Rukola_Schaaf Your town hall sounds like a great idea! I guess someone has been binging on downloads. :D It is hard to find lots that are just right. Good luck recreating that house. It is gorgeous!

@aimeeast :D Nice! What kind of puppy was it? I love moving houses, it makes me feel my sims are moving up in the world.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    kanorla wrote: »
    I've been trying to fill my town up, it just looks so bare. I am working on a church and community center, for an alien abduction support group and weddings. I also made a rental hall with party themed rooms. I think I will start work on a hospital soon too, hospitals are just so tedious.

Personally? When I make a huge community lot I don't always furnish all of it... usually I do the ground floor and any floors I can't figure out a use for get closed off as "inaccessable" office spaces with an invisible fence, or with stairs that don't actually stop on that floor. (So I can't loose sims.)
    garapoes wrote: »
    It's one big crazy family! I imagine that Mortimer married Dina and then a few weeks later Bella showed up like, yo I'm back from the aliens and he was like, oh I already married someone else.... Kinda sad.

Mortimer just died of old age and now both Bella and Dina are dating.

That's one way to solve a love triangle! Alexander must be ready to get out of there and go to college, with all that drama.

All I've been doing lately is building. I'm almost done with the replacement city hall, I built a new grocery store, and I should probably get started on some downtown lots, because my architect is about to top his career.

I'm also busy building a lot for townie "squatters" that I'm moving in. So far it's five tents and a campfire, but it will end up with a fishing pond and garden, just... no skilling objects! I have a community skilling mod, so they're going to have to go to community lots to try and earn skills. Their time at "home" is going to be spent socializing and trying to make food and earn cash. (They're going to start at $0 and only be able to sell rocks and bones for the entire first season.) All other deco items that they own are going to have to be displayed on the lot, to appreciate / depreciate and tempt burglars.

Ex-townies can get a job after one season if they have gained three skill points in each skill (or maxed the skill, I guess.) But they have to stay on the lot until they marry, max a career/ OFB business, or have a child old enough to "move out" and take them with.

They're also going to have to pay taxes like all the other residents of my BACC, so... if they dig up a lot of treasure they're going to be in the hole pretty fast. :)

Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top