Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    edited January 2018
    Great updates, everyone! :mrgreen:

I made some more things:

nindl_cmundies.jpg
    Underwear for boys - because the BG ones are so boring!

nindl_afpyjamas.jpg
    And recolours of the Glamour Life Stuff pyjamas from the adult females. I don't really like any of the colours and patterns available so I made some which look not so posh but more like actual pyjamas I would buy. :D

If you want, you can download all of this here on my blog. :)
    Post edited by Nindl on
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Nindl, I downloaded both of those last night! love the PJs. :) I never used the originals in game because they were soo fancy looking, lol.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sam Evans finally painted a custom painting of Barnabas and gave one as gift to Elizabeth to hang in the entrance of Collinwood, and one to Barnabas to hang over his fireplace. I found a great picture of Frid as Barnanbas on the internet and put that in the custom paintings, so I could have the real protrait in my game. :p@Nindi, great pjs! I checked out your blog, thank you for listing the info of how to use SimPe to get a family protrait into the game! I'm going to try that as soon as I get over the fear of using SimPe. I used it before years ago, but now afraid I might mess up something. But I really need to know how to do that, great blog!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @ohmyohmy
    Thank you so much! I am happy you like my stuff. Haha, nice that you share my opinion about the Glamour Life Stuff PJs. ;)

@Cinebar
    Thanks a lot! And you are welcome regarding the Family Portrait Tutorial, I'm glad I can help and happy that you like my blog! :)
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    I currently have 4 sims in my family and adding up. I moved them in a apartment so I could save up for college and pre-made some sims who could be options for a future wife/husband. And yea, that's as much as I've done so far.
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @ohmyohmy Thanks for the information!

@vancanuckfan86 Nice little house Julie got there! She looks fun to play with. It's a good idea to get her a cute puppy.

@Nindl Awesome stuff you made! The boy undies are great. Daniel will definitely get some once I decide I want to play him as a child. Very neat idea with the woman Pjs too - I totally agree that the GLS ones are just too posh and don't really fit a regular non-rich family. Linda will get one for sure. She likes the blue one - lol and yay for choosing her face as a model. xD

@Cinebar Cool! I should also add some custom paintings, unfortunately there is not that much variation with the BG paintings, especially when you consider that about 4 of them almost look like children's drawings.

@Elizabethsims Sounds nice, I would like to see pics!
    @Sally1502
    Thank you very much! Happy you like it and want to use it and lol about Linda. :mrgreen:
  • kanorlakanorla Posts: 29 Member
    Florence and Gilbert from OFB got married and expecting their first child, who I plan on marring to the Landgraab baby. Trying to blend some families and have less lines to worry about. So time consuming and so much planning.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @vancanuckfan86 Julie seems like she will be a lot of fun to play. That little puppy is adorable! <3

@Nindl Nice! Those came out really nice!

@Cinebar I love that painting feature. I use it constantly. It's great to choose anything you want to be on your sims walls!

@Elizabethsims Sounds like a great start. I like making "future mates" for my sims as well, just in case they don't find anyone suitable, I have back-up!

@kanorla Thats a nice start. Ya I imagine less family lines would come in handy for rotational play. I only play solo homes, so I only have a guess that this is true.

So I went in yesterday with a idea for a house. I started it, and it turned out horrible!! :D Back to the drawing board I think! :D

@JULES1111
    Thank you! Oh no about your house idea :D - sometimes it takes a lot of time to get a house the way you want. What can also help when building is looking at pictures for inspiration and such. Would be nice to see some pics of your building!
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I did a little light gameplay last night :) decided to get renaud some new clothes. i've been playing so many games lately it's hard to make any progress lol

tumblr_p29p7dzoRc1wlk55fo1_540.png
    tumblr_p29p7dzoRc1wlk55fo2_540.png
    tumblr_p29p7dzoRc1wlk55fo3_540.png
    edited January 2018
    @ohmyohmy
    Nice little update! :)

I have been working on some posters lately.

YarcJg9.png

The first two with the Sims 2 artworks I will upload with some others on my blog sooner or later, but the third one is a graphic from someone on deviantart who I am not sure how and if I can contact them to ask for permission.
    Nindl wrote: »
    @JULES1111
    Thank you! Oh no about your house idea :D - sometimes it takes a lot of time to get a house the way you want. What can also help when building is looking at pictures for inspiration and such. Would be nice to see some pics of your building!

Ya I plan on trying again, maybe look up a floor plan I like. I have done that before. I just exited without saving, it really didn't turn out like I imagined. I will post a pic whenever I have it done. Nice pictures, you seem to be really into making things now. That's cool, I would never have the patience. :D

@ohmyohmy Nice pics. I love sending them out clothes shopping.
    edited January 2018
    @JULES1111 Oh no :lol: Like you said, you should just try again. Looking at floor plans is a good idea, or also parts of other sims houses. There can be some good inspiration in that.

@ohmyohmy Nice new outfit for the little boy!

@Nindl Great idea and well done! My sims will definitely get them. Can't wait to see more!
    @JULES1111
    Thanks! Looking forward to your house pic.

@Sally1502
    Thank you! Oh great that your sims are gonna get them. :blush:
    I got a little picture post from my sims from the last time I played.

yRocl7n.jpg
    Linda and Richard let Daniel sleep in their bed again.

KzsZD2w.jpg
    Linda went to the Film and Literature Hobby lot and discussed a romantic novel with others.

paBnyXi.jpg
    Linda and Richard doing some furniture shopping. I completely revamped Ramirez's Fine Furniture to make it a place full of nice furniture my sims want to buy. I am planning on doing a little bit of interior renovation in their home.

S9sZZoL.jpg
    All three of them in the tiny bathroom.

udZCQWt.jpg
    They went to the park with August and Richard is showing his music skills.

poa1E52.jpg
    Linda is participating in another contest. They need the money - house renovation, vacation and later on garden - also Linda would like to open a bakery or something like that. She is currently jobbing as a Fast Food Shift Manager.

Yp5DZYz.jpg
    Richard had some mates come over and is proud of his little son drawing. :joy:
    @Sally1502 Nice pics. Looks like your sims are keeping busy. :)
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited January 2018
    Angela Homed & Florian Bismark, who moved already a couple of weeks ago together but still lived in Belladonna Cove, moved now to their new impressive home in Bluewater Village
    & not only that, Florian was courageous enough to ask the question & now they are engaged
    2wrom7c.jpg
    23lze6d.jpg
    2nv3zg6.jpg

i also placed already a church lot into Bluewater Valley so couples can have there a propper wedding & remade it to a small cathedral with victorian flair
    2qk4jm8.jpg

the next couple which seems to find each other are Cecily Fraise, the most famous Belladonna Cove confectioner, who relocated shortly to Bluewater Village & Flan McCormick, a dashing young man of good manners & birth
    they are currently wooing
    9a058y.jpg
    mrr2nk.jpg
    28svxpv.jpg

Belladonna Cove as well as Bluewater Village lack finer places to go out, there is only one accetable but rather small restaurant, a japanese one & not any sorts of theaters, i will have to change that

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Hi everyone! It's really cool to still see active Sims 2 threads :) I really love this game, it keeps sucking me back into it.
    I've been planning on starting a new Build A City Challenge tonight.
    I'll need to get some more posts until I can normally post pictures though. Annoying, but understandable. I've witnessed the horrors of forums that let new members post pictures the moment they sign up...

Will definitely keep looking into this thread, really cool to see the families and lots everyone has :)
    @Rukola_Schaaf Nice update! That is a very nice home, the church came out well also. Nice to see your getting engaged. :)

@Brindleton Hi! Welcome to the forum. :) Good luck with your build a city challenge! Oh my, you have no idea what kinds of things used to be posted here... :* but ya you will eventually be able to post pics. Please feel free to drop in and letting us know how your challenge is going, even without pictures. :)
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Last night I played the two quickest families in my rotation, the Kyos and the Cleeves. Tesla Kyo FINALLY maxed logic, and networked with a townie, so he's going to get a guaranteed promotion to the top of the architecture career as soon as he goes to work again.

... Gotta double check in simPE that this is his lifetime want... (A few people accidentally got randomized a while back.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • kanorlakanorla Posts: 29 Member
    @Nindl Those are great posters, makes me feel a litte inspired to attempt making some art of my own.

I switched to Strangetown after a long absence much less people than Pleasentview easier to keep track of. I sent Johnny, Ophellia, and a couple of attractive townies to college. The teenage sweethearts are college sweethearts now, same thing for the others I think their names were Blair and Renee they should have some pretty babies. I am serious considering starting a brand new neighborhood from scratch, everything new including sub hoods.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Remember this ? Do you want a good laugh ?
    I've finished a house, and I'm so proud of the exterior look:
    cqjvc7gmugvj.jpg
    I'm not playing that much (driving license again, i was supposed to pass the exam but the examiner never showed up, no one know why he didn't came. So now my exam is the 4th of January, i don't feel ready yet, but well) And when i play, i concentrate on building, i need more house ^^

I've got new, I was supposed to pass the exam tomorrow, but they call me saying that ... The inspector is sick, so the exam are reported, Taddaaa ! I came to think that i'm cursed :D

New Update: Sucess, I have my Driving Liscense !! \0/
    @Scribal_Goddess Ooops! How do accidently randomize them? :D

@kanorla Ah it is nice when high school sweethearts can go to college together and continue the relationship. That is a very ambitious project you would like to do. I have thought about it, even started, but then something always happens to make me stop. :D

@lulubadwolf

happy-times-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hurray!! Congrats!
    edited January 2018
    @Sally1502
    Awesome update. :blush:
    All your screenshots really make me want to play. I especially like the shopping one and the one in the bathroom!

@kanorla
    Thank you! Nice that I could inspire you.
    I did that some time ago, start completely from scratch and build my own neighbourhood and subhoods and such, it takes a long time but it is definitely fun. I did place some buildings that were already in the game but also built lot's of lots ( :D ) myself. :)

@lulubadwolf
    Congrats!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top