Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation 2018 (Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    KingoKingo Posts: 30 Member
    I just hope that they will fix the toddler interactions, it's really buggy for me. :|
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    Kingo wrote: »
    I just hope that they will fix the toddler interactions, it's really buggy for me. :|

What toddler interactions are broken?
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I don't know, but here's my dream patch:

-Scale back how often messes are made, & stop having non-active kids make them altogether.

-Auto clean community lots & open spaces, to get rid of all the rotten food, spatter paint messes & books laying around. It's not our sims job to clean other sims' messes.

-Make grown up sims act their age, stop having them play with the dollhouse & watch the kids' network all the time, unless they have the childish trait.

-Add a "no clubs allowed" lot trait, so we can stop unwanted NPC club gatherings on lots. That cosplay club is really becoming a nuisance & it keeps resurrecting itself no matter how often it's members die out.

-Add a festival wear option to CAS, so if our sims must change their clothes for those things, they can at least change into something we picked out for them.

-Tune the "check toddler" responses to the toddlers actual need, instead of the toddler just wanting food or a drink all the time. Also fix it so they only "check toddler" when the need arises, if their needs & emotions are fine, just let them be.

-Slow down autonomy, I'm so tired of having to chase my sims back to their spot because they're halfway across the lot before I've even had time to click on the next object I want them to interact with. Give us a few seconds to decide or execute our next interaction before the game decides that we're done with that sim for now & sends them on their merry way to the sink or the dollhouse (which they shouldn't be playing with anymore because see above).

-Allow us to change hair accessory colors without having to change the hair color in CAS.

Now for the positive-

How about some spiral & L-shaped staircases?

Bunk beds? (yeah, those are more likely to come in a pack, but one can dream)

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2018
    Kingo wrote: »

What toddler interactions are broken?
    Idle stream had a couple and SimGuruSteve knows about now. One is during an earthquake toddlers will stretch. Another is that the toddler Boo got stuck on Bob Pancake's hip and only way the bug was fixed is when he peed himself. So one nice thing about having the idle streams is that it makes it easier to spot bugs and interactions having many Simmers look at the same fish bowl of Sims. Clips of the stream and some of the things like that are on the BobSquad discord channel.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    IverschristineIverschristine Posts: 30 Member
    @Stef024 I agree!!! I feel like there are so many objects and wallpapers these days that I'm looking for a particular object, and if I don't know the the name of it, I can't find it!!! It is quite irritating. It would be nice to have custom folders you can make so you can organize it yourself into something like a themed folder, per say "retro" or "victorian" etc.
  • Options
    SimCherSimCher Posts: 41 Member
    Can anyone help me? On Dec 30th I signed in to play my Sims 4 and a few of my recent games were missing. Also some of my content is missing in CAS, like clothing. I don't know who to contact. I've only been pkaying Sims 4 a few months. The saved games are showing under saves, so how do I get them to show in my game? Please Help! Thank you!
  • Options
    SimCher wrote: »
    Can anyone help me? On Dec 30th I signed in to play my Sims 4 and a few of my recent games were missing. Also some of my content is missing in CAS, like clothing. I don't know who to contact. I've only been pkaying Sims 4 a few months. The saved games are showing under saves, so how do I get them to show in my game? Please Help! Thank you!

@SimGuruNick or @SimGuruArvin.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    There had better be a fix for the glitched resurrected Sims. This is a huge gamebreaker.
  • Options
    Terra wrote: »
    There had better be a fix for the glitched resurrected Sims. This is a huge gamebreaker.

How so?
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    [quote="Terra;c-16246219"]There had better be a fix for the glitched resurrected Sims. This is a huge gamebreaker.[/quote]

Agreed. More than 40 here in my game until now.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited January 2018
    Again, I'm hoping for burglars, fire fighters, NPC cops, and unnatural hair colors for Child and Toddler sims. I also hope that the super speed can be fixed to flow correctly for Spice Market residents when a festival is going on. It's so annoying to have the 3x speed crawling along because there's an event happening in the square. Also, make noisy neighbor interruptions at night a bit less frequent. They happen every other night...and then my emancipated Teen sim (who just worked a 4-hour shift after school and homework and still has to wake up at 5 the next morning because it's a school night) gets told he needs to go out to the lounge and have some fun. What? He's a high school kid who has to go to school in the morning and is dog-tired from trying to keep up his studies while supporting himself on a crummy part-time job at a burger joint. He doesn't have time to go out to the lounge and have a night on the town. He's too busy "adulting!"
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Terra wrote: »

How so?

Dead Sims are coming back resurrected but glitched. They get added to random families without any of their traits. It messes up a lot of family trees. I'm not touching my legacy file with a 10-foot pole until they fix it.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh, you know, apart from bug fixes and possible new features, I hope they patch in partial game code that data miners can dig up. People have suspected pets several months before its announcement because of game files that hinted toward it. It's a very reliable indicator of things to come. Like when people found code for an "unsupported life stage", and toddlers arrived a few years later.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Stefanie3399Stefanie3399 Posts: 6 New Member
    I hope they fix the toddler block building table. it says (toddlers only) but toddlers cant interact with it.
  • Options
    Stefanie3399Stefanie3399 Posts: 6 New Member
    New career choices would also be nice, like vet (without owning a clinic) school teacher, add singer to entertainer career...so tired of the same job/career choices.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    New career choices would also be nice, like vet (without owning a clinic) school teacher, add singer to entertainer career...so tired of the same job/career choices.
    Along with it, I think the hip hop radio station can be here as an update patch!
  • Options
    Again I'm hoping In Bed Animations will be patched in but I doubt they will.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,331 Member

Maybe they saving that for Feb Valentine's day patch?
    I'm not getting my hopes up though
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    They need to release a major bug/autonomy fixing patch for this game. I'd also appreciate if slob sims didn't get uncomfortable from being dirty/grungy, but happy instead.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I hope they fix the toddler block building table. it says (toddlers only) but toddlers cant interact with it.

Toddlers can only interact with it when an older Sim builds something on it first. Kinda weird, I know.
  • Options
    Hester666Hester666 Posts: 27 Member
    maybe they can fix the fact that you cant get catering when you click on the fridge!
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2018

Speaking of which.. I saw sourdoe on tumblr has made an animated pose for bed animations (snuggling up under the covers), but they need a modder to help them put it in the game so it isn't a pose but something that sims will do whilst they are sleeping(?) with their romantic interest or smth. Gif here:

tumblr_p23hl5AcdO1vwofcpo1_500.gif

Gif credits go to sourdoe.

tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options

Speaking of which.. I saw sourdoe on tumblr has made an animated pose for bed animations (snuggling up under the covers), but they need a modder to help them put it in the game so it isn't a pose but something that sims will do whilst they are sleeping(?) with their romantic interest or smth. Gif here:

tumblr_p23hl5AcdO1vwofcpo1_500.gif

Gif credits go to sourdoe.

Now that's what I want and their kissing in bed.