Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Quarterly Teaser

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Looks like Laundry is coming soon, but I guess everybody already knew that. It looks like they're adding some kind of Indiana Jones type game pack as well, which is pretty neat. If it's a spin on WA, I can't wait as WA was one of my favorite EPs.

Though it being a GP kinda worries me a little. An exploring-type DLC always struck me as an EP.

Looking at the GP, notice the Sim on the right. That animation looks new. If it's a GP, it could introduce a Fear emotion with explorer elements into it.

I hope Martial Arts or some kind of close combat that can help you traverse the new location(s) we'll be getting will make a return. That was always such a fun skill to level up.

Remember, WA had three different adventure locations. This GP will have one which should fit nicely into a GP.

How do you know for sure there will only be one? I don't think you're wrong and it would make sense, but nonetheless.

All the GPs so far have had no new locations or just one neighbourhood. It's an assumption that this would have just one, but it strikes me as a reasonable assumption. We've gotten full-size worlds only with EPs.

Outdoor retreat actually came with 3 neighborhoods, but I get your point. You probably meant worlds lol.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Looks like Laundry is coming soon, but I guess everybody already knew that. It looks like they're adding some kind of Indiana Jones type game pack as well, which is pretty neat. If it's a spin on WA, I can't wait as WA was one of my favorite EPs.

Though it being a GP kinda worries me a little. An exploring-type DLC always struck me as an EP.

Looking at the GP, notice the Sim on the right. That animation looks new. If it's a GP, it could introduce a Fear emotion with explorer elements into it.

I hope Martial Arts or some kind of close combat that can help you traverse the new location(s) we'll be getting will make a return. That was always such a fun skill to level up.

Much as I would absolutely LOVE a new Fear emotion, I really don't think it's included. They've been showing fear on Sims in trailers since the Spooky Stuff pack release. We can see it advertised, but it's never there in game. It's like they're taunting me...always taunting... *sob*

I think what we see sometimes as fear is really shock or surprise.

It saddens me. I just want my monsters to frighten the bejeesus out of the townies, cause them to flip out in a panic. Maybe make their hair turn white, then they freeze up and keel over dead in horror. How lovely that would be. <3

*wishful sigh of blissful imaginings*

I was reading from bottom to top and didnt see the name of who wrote this, but I thought "its probably @LiELF " LOL
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello all,

I have removed a few comments from this thread, so if you notice yours went missing - I am to blame!

Lets keep the discussion clean, on track and not attack each other please :smile:

-Mage
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Maybe add a swimmable lake or lagoon.
    Cave exploring would be a nice feature also.

Would you really consider going in a body of water in a jungle? Really? LOL.

New death by Boa Constrictor.

or death by piranhas
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    Sims for me is an escape from reality, and I do enough laundry in reality :) Why did we want our sims doing more chores?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,467 Member

Much as I would absolutely LOVE a new Fear emotion, I really don't think it's included. They've been showing fear on Sims in trailers since the Spooky Stuff pack release. We can see it advertised, but it's never there in game. It's like they're taunting me...always taunting... *sob*

I think what we see sometimes as fear is really shock or surprise.

It saddens me. I just want my monsters to frighten the bejeesus out of the townies, cause them to flip out in a panic. Maybe make their hair turn white, then they freeze up and keel over dead in horror. How lovely that would be. <3

*wishful sigh of blissful imaginings*

I was reading from bottom to top and didnt see the name of who wrote this, but I thought "its probably @LiELF " LOL

Haha!! Does that mean I have a signature style? >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but it looks like there'll be a Skeleton life state? If this is the case, I'm not entirely happy about that. Oh well.

Skeleton children

• Options
    ZijenaZijena Posts: 1 New Member
    > @brendhan21 said:
    > ElCaptain wrote: »
    >
    > I'm not. Just because it's a special day doesn't really make me feel entitled we should get something right there and then. Obviously I am curious about what we get next and I rather had it yesterday, but we get it when it's done :)
    >
    >
    >
    > VengefulNoodles wrote: »
    >
    > Everyone deserves to celebrate the holidays and get to relax since they work so hard trying to make us happy.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > i feel like this is a lame excuse to excuse a lack of content sometimes. for example i hate how we only get a stuff pack during the 3rd quater right now. and everyone defends this saying well 1)enjoy the 2 "amazing" game packs we got, 2) the expansion pack is on the way,3) i do not play video games during the summer anyways since i am to busy apparently going on vacation to beach, 4) i think everyone working the sims 4 should get time off too. those are the excuses i hear as to why content is lacking during the 3rd quater and why its apparently a good thing.

Periods of low content doesn't only mean people are taking holidays, it also means they're planning for upcoming additions. After a big release like Cats & Dogs they also will stay low for a period to promote the content and not take focus from it by releasing new things - easy marketing, just let people have fun and release new content when they're tiring of it and can spend money again.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Just clarifying, are there four quarters in a year?

"quarters" *winky face*

wat
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Besides being happy that we will finally get the pack we voted on, I am pretty stoked about the new vacation location! It appears to have a Mayan feel to it so my guess is a Central or South American like location. I won't jump to conclusions on what will be included or added because I know it probably will be something a bit different-which can be a good thing! I'm going to bet the skeleton is a curse...and perhaps another way to kill off a sim, perhaps :smiley: I'm hoping we get new traits and aspirations to match the new packs we will be getting in the future as well.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,683 Member
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what months count as this quarter? (I'm not good with this kind of stuff so sorry if it's a stupid question lol.)

I'm excited for both either way!

It says Winter 2018, which means either later this month or in February, or early March. Spring begins on 20 March, always. I had to watch it a second time, as i saw the SP as Laundry, but didn't quite catch the vacation part. I'm very excited. I drew my daughter for Christmas, and apparently, she had me. I got her the base game, GTW and Parenthood (all on sale, mind you) and she gave me cash specifically toward Sims4. I can get that SP the minute it is released. Yes!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,683 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Wow, I was totally not expecting an adventure type game pack! All I can say is I'm so excited to find out more, WA was my all time favourite pack for TS3, and I never thought we'd be seeing anything like it again.

Exactly! (SimGuruGraham had said he worked on Sims 3 WA, and actually built the tomb I could never get through. :s) I would love to have something like that as WA was one of my very most favorites of all of Sims 3.

Hopefully it's at least, a new vacation destination...can't wait to see more.

I loved WA, too. I found it the perfect EP for my Sims to Honeymoon. Then my Rock Star and his bride got irrevocably trapped in Shang Simla. Every time I tried to send them home the game would crash. I posted about it, and Twallen, himself, answered. He put me onto his Traveller's mod, it worked and then I got about 20 more of his mods to stabilize the game. He is a genius, but retired, sadly.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited January 2018
    Zijena wrote: »
    > @brendhan21 said:
    >
    > I'm not. Just because it's a special day doesn't really make me feel entitled we should get something right there and then. Obviously I am curious about what we get next and I rather had it yesterday, but we get it when it's done :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Everyone deserves to celebrate the holidays and get to relax since they work so hard trying to make us happy.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > i feel like this is a lame excuse to excuse a lack of content sometimes. for example i hate how we only get a stuff pack during the 3rd quater right now. and everyone defends this saying well 1)enjoy the 2 "amazing" game packs we got, 2) the expansion pack is on the way,3) i do not play video games during the summer anyways since i am to busy apparently going on vacation to beach, 4) i think everyone working the sims 4 should get time off too. those are the excuses i hear as to why content is lacking during the 3rd quater and why its apparently a good thing.

Periods of low content doesn't only mean people are taking holidays, it also means they're planning for upcoming additions. After a big release like Cats & Dogs they also will stay low for a period to promote the content and not take focus from it by releasing new things - easy marketing, just let people have fun and release new content when they're tiring of it and can spend money again.

This feels like another excuse which @brendhan21 was mentioning. They never had to do this with the other iterations. Sims 3 expansions were coming out so fast, it was amazing and people were buying each pack. I barely liked the game back then but I kept buying the packs because they added something amazing. Seasons was amazing, having a houseboat or any boat amazing, traveling to egypt-france-china with nectar making amazing, to name a few...People will spend money if you put out good content. If you have to tweak your marketing and sales waiting for people to get tired of playing the current content, you have a bad product. If you have a good product, people will buy it no matter what.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    That reaction of the sim to the skeleton reminds me of the fear the coward trait Sims get. I used to laugh everytime Liam - who had that trait - would get that. So that would be cool to get that trait back or equally cool if they just added fear - either would suit me. So I hope we get it one way or the other.

Sorry if I offended any one about laughing at Liams being a coward. It's Liam - I just can't help myself.

If we got the coward trait back I'd definitely want the Brave trait as well.

Most definitely agree with you on that. I actually have fun with those two traits in Sims 3 -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Zijena wrote: »
    > @brendhan21 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

This feels like another excuse which @brendhan21 was mentioning. They never had to do this with the other iterations. Sims 3 expansions were coming out so fast, it was amazing and people were buying each pack. I barely liked the game back then but I kept buying the packs because they added something amazing. Seasons was amazing, having a houseboat or any boat amazing, traveling to egypt-france-china with nectar making amazing, to name a few...People will spend money if you put out good content. If you have to tweak your marketing and sales waiting for people to get tired of playing the current content, you have a bad product. If you have a good product, people will buy it no matter what.

Isn't it time for the sims 5 yet? TS4 was a fail from the start. I've never had such a continued lack of interest in any sims iteration (at first I didn't like TS3, but then, it too became amazing). All the other ones kept me excited and engaged time after time. I keep checking these forums for news (of any kind really), but NOTHING is happening.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    They just put out an EP a month and a half ago. They can't sell content that doesn't exist yet. I'm also curious to know when New Year's became a gift-giving occasion?
  • Options
    Another guru tweet.

[img][/img]qumfSTQ.png

And before anyone even brings it up, yeah I know it's his job to promote the game. ;) But for me his excitement is infectious.

Totally agree. I was already excited seeing a WA type pack - so now I am in the "Oh goodness, how will I stand waiting for the release" phase.

Excitement growing.... even more.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Hell0_humansHell0_humans Posts: 7 New Member
    I personally think that the person at the beginning of the gp trailer is offering a tour of some kind. I went to a town that did that.
  • Options
    I personally think that the person at the beginning of the gp trailer is offering a tour of some kind. I went to a town that did that.

That'd be cool. Tour Guide or Travel Agent. Hmmm sounds like a worthy career even - but then probably just an NPC job.

I remember the tour guides in Sims 2 Bon Voyage and how I wished we could play the sims on a tour but all we ever got was chance cards - so this may be a long ago wish come true for me - to finally see Sims go and engage in a tour or choose to go with out a guide. Two fun ways to play.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Oooooh I'm stupid and I thought "winter 2018" was like.. December 2018 loooool, leave me alone I'm a bit slow sometimes lol. But um. Yes! I'm excited! I really like world adventures, I'm not as into laundry cuz I'm already screaming and setting stuff on fire when my sims don't have to do laundry cuz I ain't the best sim god buuuut I do like the hairs that I saw and all that jazz. So that will be fun (:
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm really happy about the laundry pack; I genuinely enjoyed doing laundry in 3 and for me it's one core feature that's been missing in 4.
    One other core feature for me is more holiday destinations; I'm not exactly sure what the GP is about, but if it's a holiday pack and features a beach as a lot of people have been speculating it would be, then I'll get it. If however it's what I think it is - a S. American-themed adventure pack then I probably won't as that doesn't interest me.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,467 Member
    Okay, I really want to see more of this game pack. When's the official trailer due out? Please say tomorrow. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Okay, I really want to see more of this game pack. When's the official trailer due out? Please say tomorrow. :p

If LD is first, it won't be until next month, probably.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited January 2018
    no sorry the sp comes first maybe next month @LiELF
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Blade334Blade334 Posts: 48 Member
    Hey this might seem kinda dumb but is every quarter for the sims did they release at least one GP