Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Quarterly Teaser

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
The Sims 4 Quarterly teaser is here!!!

Without further ado:

What did you think? Share with us your thoughts :smiley:

Comments

• Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    @EA_Mage OMG NEW VACATION LOCATION! THANK YOU!!!
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    Finally a new vacation spot. I've been waiting since 2015.
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Just out of curiosity, what months count as this quarter? (I'm not good with this kind of stuff so sorry if it's a stupid question lol.)

I'm excited for both either way!
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited January 2018
    Please let that be a new vacation spot. o:)
    The stuff pack is looking good also.
    Post edited by beville on
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what months count as this quarter? (I'm not good with this kind of stuff so sorry if it's a stupid question lol.)

January - March. B) Figured Laundry Day would be out based on @SimGuruGraham Tweets before the holiday break, but the GP intrigues me.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    PolluxSims wrote: »

January to March. The new quarter starts in April! :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    The Sims 4 Quarterly teaser is here!!!

Without further ado:

What did you think? Share with us your thoughts :smiley:

I hope the game pack does add a new world so my Sims can stop being naked in the woods of Granite Falls and be nude in public elsewhere besides the library, gym, bar, club, parties, etc.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Intriguing!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    I am excited to learn more about the game pack. Seems mayan, aztec, or inca inspired and though I am not too big a fan of walking talking skeletons I am also intrigued :)
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Looking at Forums, I believe there are more people wanting a new vacation spot, and even if not majority, it's definitely popular wish. Also, it's a very short video but I feel very strong World Adventure/Indiana Jones vibes from it :) I'm really intrigued. I was expecting rather beach-like vacation, but there's a lot of possibilities.

I'm looking at that skeleton now and just a thought came to my mind - maybe we could get new Bonehilda? ;)
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Oooh wasn't expecting this!!

So my guess is

Jan: Laundry Day
    Feb: New Game Pack

Massively intrigued by the new game pack. With the Egyptian theme I'm guessing it's a new vacation world with a new quests feature/exploration akin to World Adventures. Skeletons are the new mummies! Not the tropical world I was hoping for but my guess is that a Tropical world would be an EP after Island Paradise.
  • rras1994rras1994 Posts: 47 Member
    Looking at Forums, I believe there are more people wanting a new vacation spot, and even if not majority, it's definitely popular wish. Also, it's a very short video but I feel very strong World Adventure/Indiana Jones vibes from it :) I'm really intrigued. I was expecting rather beach-like vacation, but there's a lot of possibilities.

I'm looking at that skeleton now and just a thought came to my mind - maybe we could get new Bonehilda? ;)

I actually thought it was quite popular request, specially as there's been a lot of players who want more single sims things to do/ deviant players and I've seen World Adventures brought up as an example plenty of times. And yeah I got an Indiana Jones vibe from it too!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2018
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLLLLLLLY ITS BEEN 84 Years Titanic GIF :joy: Granite Falls is lovely but needs friends.

It’s interestung because it could cover:

- WA type location with tombs (maybe not the exact same, but they seem to be inside a tomb?

- Tropical Destination (Tiki hints/skeleton found referencing pirates kind of thing)

- Castaway kind of Pack (might be pushing it for a game Pack, but vampires introduced a lot of gameplay and all they would really need is new collectables to use as resources, and places to explore, maybe some chimps, reuse Cats & Dogs for hyenas, wolfs, puma’s like in S2 Castaway)

As I said could be pushing it but it does seem like a concept that could fit in a Game Pack.

The Sims Castaway Stories was mostly base game stuff, as the majority of the game was decor. Only exclusive animations I can think of was spearing Fish, the Chimps and lighting fires with rocks.

Of course I’d love an experience like the console game, but that will never happen. That game had a huge budget beyond an EP.
  • AdanethAdaneth Posts: 45 Member
    @brendhan21 So far, I liked the published game packs. But there could be lots of topics I wouldn't be excited for, like opening a beauty salon for example. Something adventurous seems more fun to me^^
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    well then that could be why people seem to be super mega excited about the game pack and are barely talking about the stuff pack.(my guess is not alot of people wanted laundry are confused as to why it won but again since they cant say anything postive about it the only option is to not say anything at all)
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »

i must have missed that. but i will say i am more excited about the stuff pack then i am about the game pack because the game pack just again feels like a big waste of a game pack and yet i feel like people are i am not even sure its like no one seems to want to say anything negative about the game so everyone seems "intrigued"

That's the point of a teaser, though - to provide just enough information to spark an interest and make people excited to learn more. The laundry stuff pack is an outlier because we already know what it contains.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited January 2018
    I for one am super pumped for these ideas! I was not expecting a World Adventures style game pack (if that's correct), but it still looks really exciting!! I cannot wait to learn more!!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I'm actually really happy now, because I just remembered one of my sims used to be an adventurer, but has just retired in the sims 4 to become a Historian at the museum (via clubs). I'll be happy to let her resume her passion like I've always wanted :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    As someone that loves the supernatural and occult aspect of the Sims games, I am excited about the skeleton, and I cannot wait to find out what it is.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited January 2018
    I have no idea how anyone could get the impression this is day of the dead other than the skeleton. IT does seem to be aztec or mayan themed, but day of the dead celebrations have specific clothing and are usually colorful. I was actually talking to one of my spanish friends when they added day of the dead to sims 4 to learn a bit more, and she told me the reason why everything is so colorful is because they believe their ancestors can come back, and they want them to feel happy. It is supposed to be a happy time with tons of colorful clothing and colorful sugary foods.

There is no color in this.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Wow, I was totally not expecting an adventure type game pack! All I can say is I'm so excited to find out more, WA was my all time favourite pack for TS3, and I never thought we'd be seeing anything like it again.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Way to start the year off right!! o:) Hope the game pack releases in February.
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    i was hoping for a romance game pack but at least we are getting a new destination world. i'm not too excited yet since i've never played world adventures so i'm unfamiliar with what it entails.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Really excited for that game pack. Looks like the perfect opportunity to start playing the TS4 version of my TS3 adventurer Archer :)

Not so excited about the laundry, but the clutter and furniture in that pack is pretty awesome :) And the fact that we actually had something to say in its development, that's pretty awesome too.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr