Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Karilan wrote: »
    @Bugsie2016 How many stories do you have now?

@Karilan Erm, three. I retired two old ones but I have another one coming up that I keep hinting at. :) That's probably going to be next summer though. Busy until after June with a bunch of stuff. :#

I know the feeling. I have so many story ideas but I'm trying to balance just 3 at a time.
    Trying to figure out how I'll balance Grace, Magnolia, and the return of Pine Point and Glassbolt. Argh.
    Definitely changing up my posting schedule a bit in the new year!

I'm excited for both WAWRMO this Saturday (although I love the whole story and have no idea how people wait all week because I have quite a few cliffhangers :D ) and BL's next update on Sunday (I need to screenshot but otherwise it's done!) And BB's next update too but that's a week away.

You really do love to torture us with cliffhangers! XD can't wait for Saturday either. I'm glad you're excited about it too. It's a bonus when your own story excites you. :)

Yes, I will admit when writing I do love to write the cliffhangers. :D I'm always excited for WAWRMO! I have the next 3 chapters planned a little in my head. :smiley:
    @Bugsie2016 How many stories do you have now?

@Karilan Erm, three. I retired two old ones but I have another one coming up that I keep hinting at. :) That's probably going to be next summer though. Busy until after June with a bunch of stuff. :#

I know the feeling. I have so many story ideas but I'm trying to balance just 3 at a time.
    Trying to figure out how I'll balance Grace, Magnolia, and the return of Pine Point and Glassbolt. Argh.
    Definitely changing up my posting schedule a bit in the new year!

I'm excited for both WAWRMO this Saturday (although I love the whole story and have no idea how people wait all week because I have quite a few cliffhangers :D ) and BL's next update on Sunday (I need to screenshot but otherwise it's done!) And BB's next update too but that's a week away.

I love cliffhangers! I'm not caught up on WAWRMO right now, but when I do I'm sure it'll be so satisfying to binge read!

Probably, although I can''t say either way as i'd be completely biased (and probably say it's terrible at times :joy: ). I do love it though because there are some facts about it that only I know and you'd never guess unless I told you. :D One of which is....(spoiler cause I don't know how far you're into it, if you're past chapter 3 then you're okay)
    Robin and Max were actually intended for 2 different stories I had. One I scrapped in the planning stage/ after writing the first chapter. Max was from a story that he never did make an appearance in cause I scrapped it. :)

@Karilan, satisfying is probably not the word for it. Exciting, yes, but also frustrating to the core because the cliffhangers always end on something super exciting and you just have to know what happens next but you also have to wait a whole week for it and, as @Bugsie is well aware, I just have to know what dog Tony Corleonisi wants to be. :D

That too. But it's only a week, right? I always want to publish the next one a day early so I cheat by staying up until 12am. :D I'm actually screenshotting the next chapter right now. :joy:

OMG I do that too! :D

LOL so i'm not the only one. :) I've just finished the next WAWRMO chapter. Now time to work on BL's chapter. :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hey! It's @Julyvee94 @JulyVee 's birthday!

julyvee.png
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Everyone's night out gets a little....crazy
    11-30-17_12-03-D13nbspAM_zpsri43e4bx.png
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Ok, question:
    How do you hear your character's voices when you're writing? Do they have a particular accent or tone of their voice?
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited December 2017
    Ok, question:
    How do you hear your character's voices when you're writing? Do they have a particular accent or tone of their voice?

@Bugsie2016 Oh my gosh I was just touching on that in the kindness bench for simlit writers. I was talking about how my deceased sim, Talula Green and her descendant, Adrian, remind me of Kitty Hawkins from the tv series, Mr Selfridge because they flirt exactly like her. So, most of the time I picture her when they speak.

I actually have conversations with myself, playing each of the characters. Accents are, for some characters, quite important, but for most, it's actually the tone of voice which is important, hence I speak the conversation out to myself to make it sound natural.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

julyvee.png

happy birthday.

i quoted cathtea because its late here.

okay i would have anyway but it is late here.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

julyvee.png

Happy Birthday!!
    Ok, question:

Ya know, I really don't? I often play the game with my sound off, so I rarely know what my characters sound like! Karlee is the first one that I've thought of with an accent and I haven't fully committed but I imagine she'd have a slight Texan drawl.

I'm curious, does Claude have an accent or any inflections?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Ok, question:

This plays a very big role in how I write my story. I normally think of how my characters would sound like first when I write their lines. My main characters speak a variety of accents, such as a British accent, a neutral American accent, and even heavily-accented English spoken by an Asian immigrant. I repeat their lines in my head to see if it is something they would say, and if it fits, it stays.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Julyvee94 Have a Hamil-ton of fun on your birthday!!! ;)
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @Julyvee94 Happy Birthday!! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Hello all, here is the latest update for my legacy challenge. Something is up and somebody is angry about it.

The Keen Legacy 2.25: Between the Salt Water and the Sea Strand
    000_09-17-17_12-07-15c2a0pm.png
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    Ok, question:

This plays a very big role in how I write my story. I normally think of how my characters would sound like first when I write their lines. My main characters speak a variety of accents, such as a British accent, a neutral American accent, and even heavily-accented English spoken by an Asian immigrant. I repeat their lines in my head to see if it is something they would say, and if it fits, it stays.

I love the way Park sounds ! His English is great ! I also love the contrast when we get a character speaking casual American English !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

julyvee.png

Happy Birthday!!
    I'm curious, does Claude have an accent or any inflections?
    Claude, although never intended to be British, ended up my accent. :D (I'm Northern British and I couldn't even do a southern accent if I tried cause i'd probably offend a few people :D )

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Thanks everyone!
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @Julyvee94 Have a Hamil-ton of fun on your birthday!!! ;)

@Pegasus143 I approve of this pun :D thanks!
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    @Julyvee94 Happy birthday!

Haven't been on here very much - college classes and personal mental health issues have eaten up a lot of my time. I have finals next week and only two more assignments to turn in before I get to go home for the semester, though, so that's helping me power through everything right now.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Happy birthday, @Julyvee94 :)
    @Bugsie2016 . That often happens to me too. If I don't assign a character an accent, they end up with an accent similar to mine. I have, however, this time given myself a bit of a challenge, since some of my characters have a twang of another accent over the top of a different accent, and so I do what @pronterus does, I play around until it sounds right to me.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,762 Member
    I'm home finally
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I came to a really weird realisation today. :D
    My shortest BL chapter has more words than what i've said to the majority (about 75-80%) of people I have known for the past 4/5 years and the longest has more than all of them combined (aka 2000 words or less). I say I've 'known' them but really I've known of them for 4/5 years 'cause I don't think i've said that much to them. That is crazy but also my life. :joy: Obviously there are exceptions 'cause I do speak to some people more than others but it's still crazy to think.
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 That's interesting... how are you getting the numbers for the word amounts you've said to different people?
  • Options
    In this week's chapter of After the Wedding, Joslyn ages up happily with some reassurance from Stuart.
    ATW S4 Chapter 8: No Matter How Old
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Bugsie2016 That's interesting... how are you getting the numbers for the word amounts you've said to different people?

I honestly don't say that much to them anyway so it's approximate (and I should have probably said the amount of times i've spoken to the majority of people to be more accurate :D ) and I have a good memory plus some of them i've not said anything to but that's another story. :D Obviously my close friends (and family) and some other people i've said way too much to and don't shut up but everyone else not that much so it's probably close. :joy:
  • Options

I honestly don't say that much to them anyway so it's approximate and I have a good memory plus some of them i've not said anything to but that's another story. :D Obviously my close friends (and family) and some other people i've said way too much to and don't shut up but everyone else not that much so it's probably close. :joy:

I think you've summed me up there. :D
  • Options

I honestly don't say that much to them anyway so it's approximate and I have a good memory plus some of them i've not said anything to but that's another story. :D Obviously my close friends (and family) and some other people i've said way too much to and don't shut up but everyone else not that much so it's probably close. :joy:

I think you've summed me up there. :D

Good to know i'm not the only one. :)
    If you're wondering how I can figure this out, if i've only spoken to a person once then I remember the conversation well enough. To be honest, some of them have started conversations with me but I didn't say anything 'cause reasons.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top